8039 replies to this topic

#7721 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:39 AM

If Sanji stops BM's rage it will help her crew though..once she's done with Luffy&co she'll go back to targeting her nakama and they have no solution.

ナルサク

#7722 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:01 AM

Right. Without Sanji, they all will be targeted and eliminated one by one. I'm just saying Sanji is the best cook because it makes sense for him to be, not that he needs to be the best. He can be the 3rd best, the 5th best, maybe even the 7th best cook in the world. Why would Oda write in a better cook? Who knows, but no matter what, if Pudding didn't get Sanji, they would take much much longer to make the cake. It would end up being too late, or so late to the point where they barely save Whole Cake Island, but most of their crew is gone. And Chiffon and Pudding can't make a cake as good as Sanji can, so who knows if hours of them making it would be enough. Sanji isn't going to knock her out with his cake. That had to be bad translations, or a figure of speech. Sanji never would put anything bad into food.

The only way he could knock her out would be if it was so good. Even then, they can't escape. Commanders are there, each stronger than each Straw Hat pirate by miles. There are lines and lines of defense out on the sea. Their ship has taken damage already. They need permission to leave. It could come from Big Mom. It could come from her commanders when she is knocked out. It could come from Kaido showing up and clashing with her while they run away. I'm just throwing random crap out there, because they aren't escaping because Katakuri makes a mistake. You have both BM and Katakuri on their ship. How in the world do you fight that off for half a hour or so? Even then, you make it to Sanji, and they give her the cake. Now you're barely alive (because plot armor), and Katakuri is still awake.

If BM is knocked out, it doesn't solve anything; unless Katakuri says they can go while being a threat. I don't see that being their escape. We saw from Zeus that part of Big Mom can't help herself when it comes to really good food. Zeus even went against Big Mom's raging words to eat. If the cake is so good, I can see her coming to like them. I know they hate each other, but there is no way that her, with her dream of peace, can be evil in the end. Even the Germa 66 are being redeemed slowly, and they don't beat around the bush at all.

I know that the 4 emperors will fall. I just can't see it all being from Luffy's hand. The next generation needs to shine. Law needs to surpass the emperors. Kid needs to. Maybe Bonney? No matter who, not just Luffy needs to get 10x stronger and shine against the strongest pirates. Luffy is full of himself, but there is no way he goes from island to island taking out Yonkos and Admirals in just a few months. Most of the Supernova will end up at 1 billion+ berry at the end of the series. How do they get there if they don't get their big moments? Luffy vs Big Mom with Luffy coming out on top doesn't need to happen after Wano, but it's still very possible. Big Mom being on good terms with Luffy and possibly his ally has just been a long theory I've had. Even if that is completely shut down, I'm very satisfied with the cake theory being proven correct.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#7723 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

Shanks will never fall he will retire and live his life in peace not be killed by Blackbeard at all :hoppingmad:

ナルサク

#7724 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:04 PM

Check out this video King of lighting posted with an interview with Oda explaining how One Piece got to be so long.

#7725 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:57 PM

Sabo's bounty sounds about right. If you haven't heard, a One Piece magazine showed his bounty is at 602 million berry. For his age, it makes sense. Ace was a commander of Whitebeard's crew at only 550 milllion. Sabo has plenty of time to get past 1 billion.

2XtVwF6.png

#7726 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:28 PM

Sabo's bounty sounds about right. If you haven't heard, a One Piece magazine showed his bounty is at 602 million berry. For his age, it makes sense. Ace was a commander of Whitebeard's crew at only 550 milllion. Sabo has plenty of time to get past 1 billion.

Many expected it to be higher, me included but I think he's cute so I'd be gushing over a fat number.

His youth is why I think it's weird he's second in rank in the revolutionaries. Did Dragon not have a right hand before him? He can't have been in his position for more thsn 5 years. Also this further strengthens my belief that the revolutionaries are not as strong as a yonko crew.

Edited by sushi., 30 August 2017 - 10:29 PM.

ナルサク

#7727 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:41 PM

I doubt Dragon is stronger than a Yonko. His bounty is only the highest because their purpose is to take down the World Government.

2XtVwF6.png

#7728 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

Right. Without Sanji, they all will be targeted and eliminated one by one. I'm just saying Sanji is the best cook because it makes sense for him to be, not that he needs to be the best. He can be the 3rd best, the 5th best, maybe even the 7th best cook in the world. Why would Oda write in a better cook? Who knows, but no matter what, if Pudding didn't get Sanji, they would take much much longer to make the cake. It would end up being too late, or so late to the point where they barely save Whole Cake Island, but most of their crew is gone. And Chiffon and Pudding can't make a cake as good as Sanji can, so who knows if hours of them making it would be enough. Sanji isn't going to knock her out with his cake. That had to be bad translations, or a figure of speech. Sanji never would put anything bad into food.

The only way he could knock her out would be if it was so good. Even then, they can't escape. Commanders are there, each stronger than each Straw Hat pirate by miles. There are lines and lines of defense out on the sea. Their ship has taken damage already. They need permission to leave. It could come from Big Mom. It could come from her commanders when she is knocked out. It could come from Kaido showing up and clashing with her while they run away. I'm just throwing random crap out there, because they aren't escaping because Katakuri makes a mistake. You have both BM and Katakuri on their ship. How in the world do you fight that off for half a hour or so? Even then, you make it to Sanji, and they give her the cake. Now you're barely alive (because plot armor), and Katakuri is still awake.

If BM is knocked out, it doesn't solve anything; unless Katakuri says they can go while being a threat. I don't see that being their escape. We saw from Zeus that part of Big Mom can't help herself when it comes to really good food. Zeus even went against Big Mom's raging words to eat. If the cake is so good, I can see her coming to like them. I know they hate each other, but there is no way that her, with her dream of peace, can be evil in the end. Even the Germa 66 are being redeemed slowly, and they don't beat around the bush at all.

I know that the 4 emperors will fall. I just can't see it all being from Luffy's hand. The next generation needs to shine. Law needs to surpass the emperors. Kid needs to. Maybe Bonney? No matter who, not just Luffy needs to get 10x stronger and shine against the strongest pirates. Luffy is full of himself, but there is no way he goes from island to island taking out Yonkos and Admirals in just a few months. Most of the Supernova will end up at 1 billion+ berry at the end of the series. How do they get there if they don't get their big moments? Luffy vs Big Mom with Luffy coming out on top doesn't need to happen after Wano, but it's still very possible. Big Mom being on good terms with Luffy and possibly his ally has just been a long theory I've had. Even if that is completely shut down, I'm very satisfied with the cake theory being proven correct.

You literally said that Sanji might be the best cook in the world. In the end what it boiled down to is you making Sanji out to be more than what he actually is.

This chapter just illustrated that they can indeed escape. Their ship broke free from the candy, Big Mom was stunned by the explosion (you can see her on the last page), Nami had finished setting up the Coup de Burst. They'll probably still have to contend with Katakuri, but it doesn't look life Luffy had much of a problem throwing down with him. At the very least they can buy a bit of time and leave the immediate area.

Which brings us back to the inherent absurdness of Big Mom out of nowhere deciding to side with Luffy and them being buddy-buddy. There is an awful lot of bad blood between them, on both sides. It absolutely makes zero sense. Not to mention the fact that if they became allies, Luffy would be seen as an underling to her, which he has emphatically stated that he doesn't want. It doesn't make sense in the slightest. It honestly looks like Wano is going to be a convergence of Luffy, Big Mom, and Kaido all against each other and each other's crews. It's also a way for Marco and company to join the fray and help Luffy. There's far too much that suggests you're wrong about BM being allies. 

I doubt Dragon is stronger than a Yonko. His bounty is only the highest because their purpose is to take down the World Government.

There is no way that Dragon wouldn't be on par with or stronger than a Yonko. It isn't just about challenging the WG, it's about being able to back it up. Dragon is the son of someone who was on par with Roger, the strongest pirate to ever live. If he wasn't as big of a threat strength wise, there wouldn't be as much of a reason to fear him. 

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#7729 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:49 PM

How far is this ark from being over? I love the manga but the long winded arcs kinda took it's tole and I've not read the manga for months now. So if the ark ends I can finally catch up.

iAnby7W.gif

#7730 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

There is no way that Dragon wouldn't be on par with or stronger than a Yonko. It isn't just about challenging the WG, it's about being able to back it up. Dragon is the son of someone who was on par with Roger, the strongest pirate to ever live. If he wasn't as big of a threat strength wise, there wouldn't be as much of a reason to fear him. 

There is no way Dragon is on par with a yonko and he's at least not stronger than one. We've seen his commanders. None of them are as strong as Y commanders, except Sabo. Iva-san feared WB and Y commanders don't fear other yonkos. And Sabo fought Fujitora but asked himself is this the power of a yonko and he knew he wasn't really fighting - he told Fujitora to stop fooling around with him. So Sabo is Y commander level but not firstmate that's on par with an admiral.

Mind you I don't think Dragon is weak at all, however the revolutionary strength is not that they are so strong on the battlefield, but that they can carry out missions slipping through the WG everytime. They don't have many battles head-on and Dragon probably has powerful people within the WG too, like Kuma and maybe even Vegapunk. During the reverie they will challenge the WG directly but I doubt it'll be an all-out brawl like WG vs WB.

How far is this ark from being over? I love the manga but the long winded arcs kinda took it's tole and I've not read the manga for months now. So if the ark ends I can finally catch up.

I don't think it's over anytime soon sorry. But we're at the climax of the arc. Still that can take a while.

Anyway do we know where the vinsmokes went? Did they escape?

Edited by sushi., 31 August 2017 - 07:38 PM.

ナルサク

#7731 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

Pedro isn't dead. Baum survived worse. Pell survived worse. Luffy said he would get stronger so nobody else had to die. If someone else had to die for him, it wouldn't be someone like Pedro. If he is dead, then Carrot is going to be crew member #11. Even though I don't like her enough to want her for nakama. No way Carrot leaves Luffy after Pedro told her that Luffy was too important and killed himself for that belief.

And that guy was 700 million berry!? Which Big Mom pirate can Luffy defeat in a 1v1? At most, Luffy is worth 600 million right now. It makes sense for Luffy to still be slightly behind Sabo. Probably surpassing him at Wano.

2XtVwF6.png

#7732 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:23 PM

Why you treating bounties as powa reberus (power levels) :ermm: I am not understanding! :lmao:

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 September 2017 - 08:24 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#7733 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:04 PM

Because DBZ happened.

And to some, Nanatsu no Taizai prolonged its longevity.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 05 September 2017 - 11:04 PM.

#7734 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

There is no way Dragon is on par with a yonko and he's at least not stronger than one. We've seen his commanders. None of them are as strong as Y commanders, except Sabo. Iva-san feared WB and Y commanders don't fear other yonkos. And Sabo fought Fujitora but asked himself is this the power of a yonko and he knew he wasn't really fighting - he told Fujitora to stop fooling around with him. So Sabo is Y commander level but not firstmate that's on par with an admiral.

Mind you I don't think Dragon is weak at all, however the revolutionary strength is not that they are so strong on the battlefield, but that they can carry out missions slipping through the WG everytime. They don't have many battles head-on and Dragon probably has powerful people within the WG too, like Kuma and maybe even Vegapunk. During the reverie they will challenge the WG directly but I doubt it'll be an all-out brawl like WG vs WB.

What are you talking about? Everybody feared WB there. Fearing somebody doesn't mean that your leader isn't strong enough to match them. That's terrible logic. Zoro was apprehensive about Lucci. Nami and Vivi were apprehensive about Crocodile. Robin was apprehensive about Moria. Law was apprehensive about Doflamingo. None of that had anything to do with whether or not Luffy could beat them. And also, we haven't seen Dragon's commanders. We've seen 3. Sabo, Ivankov, and Kuma. We haven't seen the rest of them. 

It makes absolute sense that Dragon would be just as strong, if not stronger. If there wasn't a legitimate threat of strength, there wouldn't be a reason to fear him.

@harry4e Actually, we're almost done apparently. We'll be starting Wano soon, according to the editor. 

Edited by AHK, 07 September 2017 - 05:05 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#7735 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:22 AM

You know I'm gonna say this right now i've been behind on One piece since 868 and from what I know it' been almost a volumes worth of material that I missed, 9 Chapters to be precise. Mainly cause my books been like a major priority to me since I'm on the third act already.. Anyway point is I just thought i'd let you all know that similar to Boku No Hero from earlier today, and Attack on Titan from the previous week,  I'm going to be doing a catch up live reaction to the chapters up to the recent chapter from last week, and that'll happen at 4:30 PM Texas time tomorow. I know it's gonna be pretty insane, and I'm pretty excited to see what's about to occur since the 868.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#7736 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:45 PM

Alright you guys grab your snacks and drinks with you  cause we might be here for a while: 

The Catch up  from Chapter 869 to One Piece Chapter 877: 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#7737 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:53 PM

You think it's over........................... But then it drags on. :zaru: not gonna lie I kind of expect it

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#7738 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:44 PM

Anybody know why there was no episode this week? ._.

ナルサク

#7739 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:13 PM

Maybe because the anime is super close to the manga.

#7740 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:49 PM

Anybody know why there was no episode this week? ._.

Probably because of that dragon ball super x one piece cross over coming up

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (6)