8039 replies to this topic

#7461 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:29 PM

What actual relevance does that have? Sanji didn't lead anything. He wasn't the leader of anything. All he did was ask if he could attack, that doesn't mean he was in an elevated position above Nami. Nami has on more than one occasion commanded everybody including Luffy, but she's not over Luffy. Luffy, Zoro, and Nami are the three heads of that crew, as Oda had stated himself. Nami is higher on that ladder, as obsure a ladder as it is.

Oda's statement holds some weight, but not so much when you're repeating it over and over while FoolishY lists up receipts.

Don't get me wrong, I want Nami to be the third in charge, (because 1. She was the third to be reqruited, 2. You shouldn't need to be monster trio to be the boss, and 3. She's the only girl.) but she isn't..

So when has Nami commanded the crew? Because you seem to remember but I don't. Their encounter with BM's fleet is more relevant than you think because Nami panicked and that's the opposite of what you should do when you're the boss. It might have been a small moment but it showed us straightforward who Luffy should leave in charge when he and Zoro are gone.

(She also panicked when they met a beast pirate on Zou, and Sanji had to save her. I get she's not a strong fighter but she has a weapon and she should use it more often, or at least wear it, and not rely on others. Saying this because I just saw the episode)

Edited by sushi., 12 May 2017 - 10:31 PM.

ナルサク

#7462 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:59 PM

So when has Nami commanded the crew?

Comic relief moments when she is yelling and throwing punches at the crew.

Their encounter with BM's fleet is more relevant than you think because Nami panicked and that's the opposite of what you should do when you're the boss. It might have been a small moment but it showed us straightforward who Luffy should leave in charge when he and Zoro are gone.

As I said, when it is serious, Nami never leads. Nami is part of the scared trio in the crew. Whenever there is a very dangerous foe, she supports, takes on the fodder in the background, or is saved by one of the fighters on the crew; usually Sanji because of his love for women.

I get she's not a strong fighter but she has a weapon and she should use it more often

Nami and Robin REALLY need to have a 1v1 fight already... even if they lose. Both are very capable but haven't had a fight in the New World 1v1. Just been support.

Edit: They weren't the the Curly Haired crew. They were the Curly Hat crew. I screwed up the name.

Here you go. Copy and pasted this:

During the Dressrosa Arc, the crew temporarily split in half, with one group staying to finish business on Dressrosa and the other heading on to Zou in order to protect Caesar Clown and Momonosuke. The group heading to Zou (Sanji, Nami, Chopper and Brook) was referred to as the Curly Hat Crew, named after Sanji, the de facto leader of the group ("Twirly Hat Pirates" in the Funimation Sub).

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#7463 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:43 AM

Hm, when does Nami lead...idk...

Reverse Mountain, commanding them to steer away from the massive tornado on the way to Alabasta, up to Skypeia, she came up with the plan on Skypeia, when they were getting away on EL, getting them to FI, saving the children on PH, telling Luffy she was going with him to WCI etc.

As I said, when it is serious, Nami never leads. Nami is part of the scared trio in the crew. Whenever there is a very dangerous foe, she supports, takes on the fodder in the background, or is saved by one of the fighters on the crew; usually Sanji because of his love for women

It's like you don't read One Piece. If Nami says something while they're on the sea, they all (including Luffy), follow her orders without question.

The bold is bs and you know it. Nami holds her own the majority of the time, and only is beaten when faced with someone way out of her league. Sanji doesn't "usually" save Nami, wtf is that. He's saved her exclusively, what, once? Nami can take care of herself, and when it gets to much, Luffy is the one that she reaches for, not Sanji.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#7464 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:44 AM

I don't mind her being a scaredy cat when it's only used for comedic purposes, or if she similarly to Usopp overcomes her fear and protects/fights people.

I give credit to Nami for creating a storm when escaping from BM so I won't say she doesn't contribute. But being the female lead, and Luffy's 3rd nakama she should be more important than Sanji, though not stronger.

(When did Sanji have a curly hat?)

ナルサク

#7465 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:32 AM

@AHK That's not commanding... that's called navigating. I also didn't say she is usually saved. I said when she is, the fighters save her, and that one saving her is usually Sanji.

(When did Sanji have a curly hat?)

Never. His hair is curly. Combine curly hair with straw hat and you get curly hat. Was just a funny team name.

2XtVwF6.png

#7466 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:51 AM

@AHK That's not commanding... that's called navigating. I also didn't say she is usually saved. I said when she is, the fighters save her, and that one saving her is usually Sanji.

Never. His hair is curly. Combine curly hair with straw hat and you get curly hat. Was just a funny team name.

Lol what is it called when somebody give an order and everybody drops what they're doing to follow that order? By virtue of navigating them, she commands them when necessary. Nami is higher up than Sanji. It isn't even a debate. The bold is false.

EXL5X4B.png

#7467 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:53 AM

Lol what is it called when somebody give an order and everybody drops what they're doing to follow that order? By virtue of navigating them, she commands them when necessary. Nami is higher up than Sanji. It isn't even a debate. The bold is false.

Bold isn't false, and navigating doesn't make you a commander on a pirate crew. Inb4 Jack is a navigator. :excited:

2XtVwF6.png

#7468 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:10 AM

Bold isn't false, and navigating doesn't make you a commander on a pirate crew. Inb4 Jack is a navigator. :excited:

It is false. Since when did we get to commanders like it's a Yonko crew? The entire debate was whether or not Nami is higher up the ladder, and she is. Nami is the third most important member of the crew, debatably second, right there with Zoro. She leads them often, more so than anyone else other than Luffy or Zoro. Oda called Luffy, Zoro, and Nami the triggers of OP. Those are the three most important members of the crew, based on what Oda has said and how the story has been written.

EXL5X4B.png

#7469 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:16 AM

It is false. Since when did we get to commanders like it's a Yonko crew? The entire debate was whether or not Nami is higher up the ladder, and she is. Nami is the third most important member of the crew, debatably second, right there with Zoro. She leads them often, more so than anyone else other than Luffy or Zoro. Oda called Luffy, Zoro, and Nami the triggers of OP. Those are the three most important members of the crew, based on what Oda has said and how the story has been written.

Someone not commander level (at endgame) isn't left hand. Sanji led the crew with Zoro and Luffy not there. That means he is the 3rd highest ranked on the crew, unless Jinbei is higher than him now. We're going to have to agree to disagree with how you see Nami more important and I see Robin more important. Nami is my 7th favorite character and Robin is my 8th, but I just think Robin has the biggest support role in the whole show.

2XtVwF6.png

#7470 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:28 AM

Someone not commander level (at endgame) isn't left hand. Sanji led the crew with Zoro and Luffy not there. That means he is the 3rd highest ranked on the crew, unless Jinbei is higher than him now. We're going to have to agree to disagree with how you see Nami more important and I see Robin more important. Nami is my 7th favorite character and Robin is my 8th, but I just think Robin has the biggest support role in the whole show.

That's not how it works, first of all. Second of all, Nami will be that level, so it doesn't matter regardless. Robin is important, but someone is going to have to take them to the destination that Robin points out (funny, because the debate was never about Nami and Robin, you just tried to bring up Robin in order to demean Nami and make Sanji look better). So in the end, Nami is more important. Agree to disagree all you want, but you're doing so with Oda, not me. Oda has stated and written that Nami is up there with Luffy and Zoro, but you try to elevate Sanji above her despite that. Strength isn't the determining factor, nor the only factor. Sanji is not more important to the crew than Nami, and is not higher up the ladder than Nami.

Edited by AHK, 13 May 2017 - 03:30 AM.

EXL5X4B.png

#7471 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:34 AM

I think sanji will always be the third in everything because it all is in his name.

#7472 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:50 AM

I think sanji will always be the third in everything because it all is in his name.

lol

Second of all, Nami will be that level, so it doesn't matter regardless.

084.png

(funny, because the debate was never about Nami and Robin, you just tried to bring up Robin in order to demean Nami and make Sanji look better)

We were talking about Robin vs Nami before for biggest support role. That didn't come out of nowhere.

2XtVwF6.png

#7473 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:51 AM

You do realize that at some point the entire crew will have to be strong enough to face the elites of the BB crew, yes?

EXL5X4B.png

#7474 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:53 AM

You do realize that at some point the entire crew will have to be strong enough to face the elites of the BB crew, yes?

Yonkos don't have like 10 commanders. They have 3 or 4.

2XtVwF6.png

#7475 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:08 AM

Yonkos don't have like 10 commanders. They have 3 or 4.

Seriously, where do you get this stuff? Did you miss Marineford? Whitebeard had 13, iirc. Shanks had like 7. Teach had about as many as WB. The main crew are the commanders.

Edited by AHK, 13 May 2017 - 04:08 AM.

EXL5X4B.png

#7476 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:13 AM

I'd never thought of that but his dad was uncreative. XD Sanji is the third child, and his younger brother is named Yonji, yon meaning 4th. Don't remember the other names tho

ナルサク

#7477 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:18 AM

Seriously, where do you get this stuff? Did you miss Marineford? Whitebeard had 13, iirc. Shanks had like 7. Teach had about as many as WB. The main crew are the commanders.

BM and Kaido have 3. Everyone after the first 3 division commanders for Whitebeard weren't that strong (for New World terms of strength). Endgame Nami will be like 400,000,000 beli, while Sanji will be around 1,000,000,000 at endgame. That is a giant difference, seeing how 500,000,000 Luffy is 2x stronger than 400,000,000 Luffy. Don't act like the 2nd weakest Straw Hat will be close to the top 5 Straw Hat fighters in the end.

My Straw Hat importance rankings:

1. Luffy - Greatest fighter, but dumb

2. Zoro - Top 5 strongest fighter, but slow

3. Robin - Top 25 strongest fighter, greatest support to a Pirate King

4. Sanji - Top 10 strongest fighter, best cook

5. Jinbei - Top 15 strongest fighter, great underwater and at sailing a ship

6. Nami - Top 50 strongest fighter, greatest navigator

7. Franky - Top 35 strongest fighter, greatest shipwright

8. Brook - Top 40 strongest fighter, makes skull jokes

9. Chopper - Top 45 strongest fighter, one of the best doctors in the world

10. Usopp - Top 55 strongest fighter, but scared until he becomes a great warrior of the sea

2XtVwF6.png

#7478 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:38 AM

^Are you ranking in terms of general importance or battle contributions? If simply importance, I'd rank Brook, Chopper and Franky on the bottom. I like Brook but, nah.

If you're talking fighting, Robin is veryvery important because she can read poneglyphs, but in terms of fighting Sanji always takes on the stronger enemy.

I also wouldn't put Usopp on the bottom. He usually ends up being the most important fighter after the monster trio. He takes down key enemies and is the only one besides the trio that has Haki, even though he only awakened one type.

Lastly we don't know what Jinbe will bring to the crew yet, and he's still not a member. We don't how strong he's become after two years either, so I'd wait putting him on a list. Hopefully he'll accompany them to Wano.

ナルサク

#7479 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:08 AM

@sushi
Reiju is zero(Rei), ichiji is the first, nijichi? Is the second.

In term of battle, I would put franky, brook, and chopper as mid tier alongside robin.

Jinbei would be the forth strongest fighter when he join sh.

#7480 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:41 AM

@sushi I measured the rankings by everything they provide the Straw Hats. Fighting and also everything else they do. Also, Oda said Usopp is the weakest Straw Hat. From the eye test, it seems Nami is since she hasn't done anything special with her weapon yet to put her above Usopp, but ya gotta take Oda's word for it that Nami is above Usopp in terms of fighting. Then again, Oda said Usopp would always be the weakest in 2007. Him awakening haki might be a sign that Oda threw that idea away. Idk. We'll find out.

2XtVwF6.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users