12811 replies to this topic

#7101 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:44 PM

Any manga is better than Naruto now, lol.

I didn't read the chapters (and never will), so, I don't know how bad it was. I skimmed through some comments here though. Not so much for following the new series, but rather, more into seeing the demise of Naruto franchise.

Like other readers which are unsatisfied with the ending and the new direction, I'm here to witness the downfall of this franchise. It's happening.... we can see it with recent pointers of the dropping sales figures, dropping ratings and negative public opinion. If they made the right decision, things will go up. But it doesn't seem like it so far... It's just a matter of time when people wanted to stay away from this franchise as much as possible thanks to its low quality writing, morale message and storyline. Not just the franchise btw, but also the author and the team behind it...

The ultimate testament would be the new movie that will come out later this year. End of the day, seeing the franchise dropping somehow put me at peace. Not because I enjoy seeing it fail, not at all. More because I finally can say that things that I cherished before the ending was the right choice. That it was the one pulling people together for the 15-years journey of the series, before the ending teared the readers apart, alienated the loyal readers who expected a good quality story-telling... (most likely they're the ones financing this series).

So, when it happens, I can at least conclude that we were part of the fans financing the series for its past life. If we're not the one, sales figure should've at least stayed the same, at best increased. Ratings should've at least stay the same, at best increased.

Plot-wise... meh..  For a series targeted to teenagers, the plot sounds so toxic. I bet the characters are hard to relate.

If the author wanted to plot about redeemable father figures, he should have read how Arakawa-sensei depicted "Van Hohenheim" in FMA. She gave the character enough touch that in the end you can give your sympathy, making you want to pat his back and want to sit with him over a coffee (while listening how he endured in all those years of his journey). And we're not even talking a main character here.

With this plot about finding Salad's parent... well, what morale message does it have for teenagers? That you can have a one-night stand with your friend and let her raise your child alone? That you can freely roam around without any sense of responsibility to your "family"? Even Sakura is turned out to be a sad figure and a distant mother to her only child. When Sakura fainted and helplessly unconscious on the bed, isn't Salad supposed to take care of her? Or at least be present until she's awake? Or at the very least, put some empathy, concerns, and be worried about her? rather than, you know, sneaking out of the village to dont-know-where?

... what makes it worst is, all of these are not necessary... They've decided to go NH/SS road and they're pulling such drama at this stage? Who are their target audience? They fully knew NS and the other shipping fans will not come back... why don't they entertain what they have left?

We know Salad is Sakura & Sasuke's child. No point to milk it. We're not coming back Kishi, we're just here to see how you and your team will learn your lesson... in a hard way possible.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#7102 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:54 PM

Of course he would be distrustful, he spent his entire childhood, and much of his adult life fighting the Uchiha. The Uchiha killed members of his family and his clan. Why shouldn't he be distrustful of them? It was assumed by Obito that Tobirama's motivation was to monitor them, but context matters. When he said that, he was trying to incite Sasuke against Konoha. When Sasuke called Tobirama out on it, Hashirama got angry at Tobirama. There might not have been a person that Tobirama respected more than Hashirama, yet when Hashirama got mad at Tobirama, he literally told Hashirama to shut the kitten up.

If Tobirama hated them so much, why would he even give them the police force? He consolidated the power of the bureaucracy and literally handed the Uchiha the second most powerful position in the village, short of only the hokage. If the Hokage's regime makes the laws, the police enact them. What good are laws if the people that enforce them choose not to? The police was made up entirely of Uchiha, which means the power to interpret laws and act on them rested in the hands of one group. They literally had all the power of the law in their hands, given to them by Tobirama out of the belief that they could help the village, and it wasn't enough for them.

Well, I just didn't bother mentioning the reason of his distrust b/c that was a given to begin with.

This could turn into a long discussion, so let's just agree to disagree.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#7103 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:55 PM

New Teaser out for a new NFS game  :party:

Looks like it could be an Underground 3 or a carbon 2  :th_yeah:

:argh: link please !?  :eager: . MW is my favorite the only thing that was missing was Drift  :sad: .

Any manga is better than Naruto now, lol.

:argh: YOUR AVA & SIG SO PERFECT !!! whatthekitten.gif.

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#7104 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:57 PM

:argh: link please !?  :eager: . MW is my favorite the only thing that was missing was Drift  :sad: .

No it's not, she got rid of TG :(

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#7105 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:57 PM

Why thank you :pimp:

Why don't you ever join us on the Gintama thread :umm: ?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#7106 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:58 PM

Hey, I still love TG, but I gotta get a change for once in a while XD I'll go back to TG when Queen Touka shows up again (and actually becomes relevant, you know). It'll be dedicated to her then :fu:

Edited by trang95, 21 May 2015 - 05:58 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#7107 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:02 PM

The Sharingan is meant to spy on girls! You guys should know this :hm: ( :chuckle:)

Ryo that's the Almighty Divine Golden Byakugan's job  :hm:  :chuckle: .

Good Gintama Rules  :chuckle: .

Why thank you :pimp:

Why don't you ever join us on the Gintama thread :umm: ?

You're welcome  :excited: .

Bc...............I forgot there was one in here  :sweat: hehehe------hehe---he !!!!!!!!  :argh: whoco5.gif.   

Edited by NarutoFireFoxUzumaki, 21 May 2015 - 06:03 PM.

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#7108 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:04 PM

I didn't read the chapters (and never will), so, I don't know how bad it was. I skimmed through some comments here though. Not so much for following the new series, but rather, more into seeing the demise of Naruto franchise.

Like other readers which are unsatisfied with the ending and the new direction, I'm here to witness the downfall of this franchise. It's happening.... we can see it with recent pointers of the dropping sales figures, dropping ratings and negative public opinion. If they made the right decision, things will go up. But it doesn't seem like it so far... It's just a matter of time when people wanted to stay away from this franchise as much as possible thanks to its low quality writing, morale message and storyline. Not just the franchise btw, but also the author and the team behind it...

The ultimate testament would be the new movie that will come out later this year. End of the day, seeing the franchise dropping somehow put me at peace. Not because I enjoy seeing it fail, not at all. More because I finally can say that things that I cherished before the ending was the right choice. That it was the one pulling people together for the 15-years journey of the series, before the ending teared the readers apart, alienated the loyal readers who expected a good quality story-telling... (most likely they're the ones financing this series).

So, when it happens, I can at least conclude that we were part of the fans financing the series for its past life. If we're not the one, sales figure should've at least stayed the same, at best increased. Ratings should've at least stay the same, at best increased.

Plot-wise... meh..  For a series targeted to teenagers, the plot sounds so toxic. I bet the characters are hard to relate.

If the author wanted to plot about redeemable father figures, he should have read how Arakawa-sensei depicted "Van Hohenheim" in FMA. She gave the character enough touch that in the end you can give your sympathy, making you want to pat his back and want to sit with him over a coffee (while listening how he endured in all those years of his journey). And we're not even talking a main character here.

With this plot about finding Salad's parent... well, what morale message does it have for teenagers? That you can have a one-night stand with your friend and let her raise your child alone? That you can freely roam around without any sense of responsibility to your "family"? Even Sakura is turned out to be a sad figure and a distant mother to her only child. When Sakura fainted and helplessly unconscious on the bed, isn't Salad supposed to take care of her? Or at least be present until she's awake? Or at the very least, put some empathy, concerns, and be worried about her? rather than, you know, sneaking out of the village to dont-know-where?

... what makes it worst is, all of these are not necessary... They've decided to go NH/SS road and they're pulling such drama at this stage? Who are their target audience? They fully knew NS and the other shipping fans will not come back... why don't they entertain what they have left?

We know Salad is Sakura & Sasuke's child. No point to milk it. We're not coming back Kishi, we're just here to see how you and your team will learn your lesson... in a hard way possible.

Magnificent.

#7109 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:04 PM

Ryo that's the Almighty Divine Golden Byakugan's job  :hm:  :chuckle: .

Good Gintama Rules  :chuckle: .

You're welcome  :excited: .

Bc...............I forgot there was one in here  :sweat: hehehe------hehe---he !!!!!!!!  :argh: whoco5.gif.   

Well then, join us right now XD! http://www.narusaku....c=14870&page=25

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#7110 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:07 PM

whatthekitten.gif.

@AHK, our wibble emoticon works again!!!!!!!!!! :wibble:

EDIT: Or not... Why does it only work for NFFU?!

Edited by trang95, 21 May 2015 - 06:08 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#7111 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:10 PM

HA! XD

I'll probably start watching Gintama after I finish AnY, by the way.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#7112 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:13 PM

Well then, join us right now XD! http://www.narusaku....c=14870&page=25

Thanks I will  :excited: .

HAHAHAHAHAHA !!! There's a secret behind of it  :pimp:  :chuckle:

Posted Image                                                            

#7113 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:13 PM

HA! XD

I'll probably start watching Gintama after I finish AnY, by the way.

Imma copy and paste it from NFFU- maybe then it'll work :fu:

AnY- what do you think of it? I know it's not the most mindblow thing, but I think it does the manga justice.

Now Gintama... lol, it can sometimes be a drag, and up to this point where I'm at (episode 101), the characters are really the shining star of this series to me. I know though that some pretty good arcs are coming up soon.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#7114 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:14 PM

Thanks I will  :excited: .

HAHAHAHAHAHA !!! There's a secret behind of it  :pimp:  :chuckle:

Tell me. I need to wibble my heart out sometimes so badly :cry:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#7115 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:19 PM

Imma copy and paste it from NFFU- maybe then it'll work :fu:

Tell me. I need to wibble my heart out sometimes so badly  :cry:

Arghhhhhhhhh !!!  :argh: Noooooooooooo !!! :argh: My secret has been discovered !!!!  :argh: .

I was about to ask you for a 1000 Euros but since your heart is to fragile here you go  :pimp:  :lulz: .

http://www.narutofor...whatthefuck.gif

Posted Image                                                            

#7116 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,567 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

Is it me or this series developed Bleach pacing?

Honestly the pacing isn't that bad in this story (I'm being nice), but the problem is that it's only 10 chapter. So it is going really slow right now.

#7117 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:48 PM

Honestly the pacing isn't that bad in this story (I'm being nice), but the problem is that it's only 10 chapter. So it is going really slow right now.

That's my point.

#7118 BecauseYouLetRinDie

BecauseYouLetRinDie

I didn't die for this sh*t.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:05 PM

http://xxfranc3sxx.t...-sarada-antis-i

First of all, even though Kishimoto clearly wants us to think Sarada is like her parents she's actually so far been portrayed as different. Just because some of us like Sarada doesn't mean we have to like Sasusaku.

Some of us want to keep reading gaiden because we want to keep up with said character(s) .

Some of us 'quit' or don't want to be apart of any 'shipping' related fandom or the Naruto fandom in general because it seems like the majority of the Naruto fandom now a days only cares about shipping and it's tiring to be a part of a group of people who like something that you clearly don't want to be invested in anymore  (people talking about canon pairing couple all the time). Naruto has been apart of many peoples lives, and some of us still liked the overall story, just many people, including myself, disliked the ending and the final pairings. That's all there is to it. We don't hate the whole story. Because many fans are not pro-ending doesn't mean we can't still try to see where the story is heading now. 

#7119 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:16 PM

http://xxfranc3sxx.t...-sarada-antis-i

First of all, even though Kishimoto clearly wants us to think Sarada is like her parents she's actually so far been portrayed as different. Just because some of us like Sarada doesn't mean we have to like Sasusaku.

Some of us want to keep reading gaiden because we want to keep up with said character(s) .
Some of us 'quit' or don't want to be apart of any 'shipping' related fandom or the Naruto fandom in general because it seems like the majority of the Naruto fandom now a days only cares about shipping and it's tiring to be a part of a group of people who like something that you clearly don't want to be invested in anymore  (people talking about canon pairing couple all the time). Naruto has been apart of many peoples lives, and some of us still liked the overall story, just many people, including myself, disliked the ending and the final pairings. That's all there is to it. We don't hate the whole story. Because many fans are not pro-ending doesn't mean we can't still try to see where the story is heading now. 

I wish I can agree but I did my part back then. Naruto has always been a series to laugh at since well, when I joined in the forums or anywhere else. In all honesty, the only part that is saving it is what the manga likes to input: nostalgia. Without it, it's just another series. It still is with popularity backed up, but it isn't that revolutionary as DBZ. SnK is a bigger name with a sight of ending not so far away in terms of chapters, as Naruto almost seem like Bleach with more in sales. Above that, it's not like how many series are: ratings, sales (though in manga sales, it has that), and so on.

Just another series that won't be forgotten but won't be glorified.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 21 May 2015 - 08:17 PM.

#7120 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:38 PM

Lol (now if she beated the kitten out of him what she should have done years ago...).
tumblr_nop4cjRQpd1sw89ico1_540.jpg

Sakura calling Sasuke out? That's funny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users