• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

#661 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

Wrong thread, my friend.

They do have a tv 3d animation series, why do you think I said the tv and movie Franchise. Lmao I just said one and two in my title because all of the TV and Netflix series is set after the first and before the second film.

Edited by Ryriena, 12 January 2016 - 04:56 PM.

Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#662 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:02 PM

They do have a tv 3d animation series, why do you think I said the tv and movie Franchise. Lmao I just said one and two in my title because all of the TV and Netflix series is set after the first and before the second film.

Simply b/c it's not anime? Your review should technically be in the Movie Thread.

Whatever, let's just forget. Don't wanna make a big deal out of it.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#663 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:45 PM

A Corpse is Buried Under Sakurako's Feet -- 6.5/10; Despite the rating, I actually did enjoy this one to an extent. But it just was not untimately memorable, or something I'd be interested to watch again.

Shiki -- 8/10; I suppose I was in the mood to try a horror, which is not one of the genres I usually go for, so I watched this over the weekend. I must admit I really liked it. It was horrifying and suspenseful and all around the plot was pretty solid, although the art style took some getting used to. I wouldn't recommend watching just before bed with the lights off though, like I did.

#664 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:42 AM

Barakamon 9/10

I really enjoyed and loved this anime. I'm hoping for a season 2!! And

Gangsta 6.5/10

Nothing much to say about this anime, tbh. It has good animation (well, sometimes), and I really loved the characters. But didn't really enjoy it that much.   

Gintama° 9/10

Finally caught up on Gintama :th_yeah: . This season is hella good! (The Shogun Assassination Arc though :cry:  :cry:  :cry: why must I suffer?) I really liked the 2 episodes arc, where Kagura played dead XD 

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#665 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

Barakamon 9/10

I really enjoyed and loved this anime. I'm hoping for a season 2!! And

Gangsta 6.5/10

Nothing much to say about this anime, tbh. It has good animation (well, sometimes), and I really loved the characters. But didn't really enjoy it that much.   

Gintama° 9/10

Finally caught up on Gintama :th_yeah: . This season is hella good! (The Shogun Assassination Arc though :cry:  :cry:  :cry: why must I suffer?) I really liked the 2 episodes arc, where Kagura played dead XD 

Imao, the Z samurai from Gintama XD

I loved those two episodes. Was laughing my ass off XD But I showed the episode to my friend, and she was legit disgusted by it... Yeah, it's hard to get people into Gintama XD

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#666 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:13 AM

Imao, the Z samurai from Gintama XD

I loved those two episodes. Was laughing my ass off XD But I showed the episode to my friend, and she was legit disgusted by it... Yeah, it's hard to get people into Gintama XD

I looove Saitou!! :lmao: I hope he'll get screen-time in the anime more, after the Shogun Assassination Arc.

Edited by Mixer, 20 January 2016 - 11:13 AM.

#667 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:18 AM

I looove Saitou!! :lmao: I hope he'll get screen-time in the anime more, after the Shogun Assassination Arc.

Takahiro Sakurai must have had fun voicing him XD

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#668 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:19 AM

Takahiro Sakurai must have had fun voicing him XD

I think he had! Love Sakurai, and I think his voice suited Saitou XD

#669 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:01 PM

I think he had! Love Sakurai, and I think his voice suited Saitou XD

He always voices those bishounen characters, but his most memorable role from him to me is up to date Suzaku from Code Geass (kitten Suzaku, lol). I hope his character in Gintama will have lots and lots of returns.

Edited by trang95, 20 January 2016 - 09:01 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#670 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:04 PM

I shall take notes from here as I am preparing to go full time. In the mean time, I need to find the perfect book shelf.

#671 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:03 PM

I shall take notes from here as I am preparing to go full time. In the mean time, I need to find the perfect book shelf.

Oh, and what animes do you have in mind :D ?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#672 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:36 PM

Oh, and what animes do you have in mind :D ?

Too many. Lol. I should be ready by my birthday. Doing a lot of "cleaning."

#673 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:45 PM

Too many. Lol. I should be ready by my birthday. Doing a lot of "cleaning."

Oh, it's coming up soon, huh :D?

That "cleaning" for the bookshelves is meant for which series, lol? FMA?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#674 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:49 PM

Oh, it's coming up soon, huh :D?
That "cleaning" for the bookshelves is meant for which series, lol? FMA?

Are you stalking me? How the hell you know?

#675 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:21 PM

Are you stalking me? How the hell you know?

Not really. But it's not like you've ever been hiding the fact that you adore FMA and wanted to get the entire manga series one day.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#676 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:25 PM

Not really. But it's not like you've ever been hiding the fact that you adore FMA and wanted to get the entire manga series one day.

I have? I don't even recall the last time I mentioned the series. But you are right. You know I'm kidding though, right?

Anyway, yes, it is part of the focus.

#677 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:30 PM

I have? I don't even recall the last time I mentioned the series. But you are right. You know I'm kidding though, right?

Anyway, yes, it is part of the focus.

Me neither, but you just mention it sporadically and always emphasize it XD

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#678 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:32 PM

Me neither, but you just mention it sporadically and always emphasize it XD

Not my fault the series is excellent. I kind of want to make fun of people by saying "You made it very popular yet it has tsundere love. You have to stick by it for the rest of your life," but I'm not that cruel.

#679 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:45 AM

I'm not a scoring guy, but I do review them. Personally, I don't like the score, because it seems rather heavily focused. I like to talk about it and call it a day. I know people today run by looking at the score and dismiss. I do like pros and cons, but preferably to read it to find out the depth view on why.

That said I may share some of the materials of mine here. I go by a system that breaks down into four parts. That way you can understand the pros and cons. I also don't let my judgement clouded by the original source like "manga covered this, but anime skipped it." I say it as it is. So in the future, I look forward sharing some of that.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 21 January 2016 - 01:46 AM.

#680 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:49 AM

Shinsekai Yori- 8.5/10

Amazing anime. As I've mentioned on other forums already, this anime has easily one of the best world settings I've ever seen in an anime. Despite being set 1000 yrs in the future, civilization has taken a step back from modernization and now lives in an exclusively rural society after a certain portion of humanity has acquired telekinesis powers. It's basically a dystopian society held together by a fragile peace.

But even so: I highly recommend this anime. It is truly an underrated gem among all the crap that we've seen post 2010. Despite being an overrated trope, the evilness of human nature does come to light here, especially in the last episode. I did not see that coming despite the foreshadowing early on. Would humanity really do what was revealed in the last episode?

And pls, don't let Yaoi scene in episode 8 discourage from watching the series -_- Happens once for 30 seconds, and never, ever again. I promise (well, safe for a butthit I guess a few minutes later).

Shinsekai Yori - 8/10

I have a feeling this rating is going to go up as I get further into the show (I'm currently only 3 episodes in), but so far it's incredibly compelling and unique. I can tell a lot of thought went into its structure.

That season ends with a brutal cliffhanger, too...

Have you finished that anime yet?

Edited by trang95, 21 January 2016 - 08:55 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users