80 replies to this topic

#41 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:32 PM

Well, to defend Sakura, at least she wasn't solely designed for another character. Everything Karin has, to her background (Village gone, Orochimaru) to her appearance (lest we forget the whole female-version-of-Sasuke joke) to her healing abilities and clothes (fodder for fetish and her clothes are very similar to zettai ryouiki which is another fetish point) and to her obvious love-crush-creepiness for Sasuke. While people defend her for being able to call Sasuke and idiot and such, really that's about it. Finally we're seeing what she can do, which is her ability to analyze a situation, but it's still mostly just another benefit for Sasuke. In fact, beyond Sasuke, there is little to do with her character. She was designed completely around him, from what we're getting, and like the rest of this Sasuke-related stuff it's getting old. Yes, she was the better part of the chapter, but I side with Sakura. Part One she was a girl with the crush, but from what we've been arguing for all this time now she was not 100% for him. Not every-single-panel she was in was Sasuke-related.

Which is the big problem--it's just tiresome. Every aspect of this chapter surrounds him. Karin is no different. We're just (finally) seeing that there is justification for Sasuke having her on-board. It is a very useful jutsu, and she's serving as Kishimoto's exposition on yet another overpowered plot point. -sigh-

Not praising this chapter much. There are more interesting things going on and I'm peeved this is what we cut to.

#42 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:03 AM

i can honestly say now...while reading this chapter i actually forgot about all other characters in naruto except sasuke, danzou, madara, and karin. i've been reading about those four for the last so many weeks that the story of naruto seems way off from what i've been reading. but honestly, i'm not even going to say/hope that the danzou vs. sasuke is over by next week cuz that's what i've been saying for a bunch of weeks now. so i'm not even going to bring my hopes up....yet. anyhow, this is what seriously is going to happen with the fight. highly doubt that anyone will die...close to it maybe. madara is not going to interupt. both sasuke and danzou are going to be seriously injured but that last stab in this chapter was probably a fake since at the end we see sasuke's sharingan and danzou acting all suprised. but it'll end up w/ both still seriously injured then sakura and group will come and danzou and karin will sense it. danzou will freak out saying he can't face them all right now and doesn't want to blow his cover (since he doesn't know that kakashi and them know about this already) and he'll escape. sasuke will be too injured to chase after. and then madara will be left with karin against sakura. something like that....it'll be a disappointing ending since we know these two can't die. that's just what i think.

#43 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:37 AM

Hatifnatten at NF had another laugh.gif so I had to post it.

Dan the Elephant FTW! biggrin.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 22 January 2010 - 12:50 AM.

#44 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:05 AM

Well about the Inazagi. I have a feeling that an Eternal Mangekyo annuls the negative effect of the technique (maybe that's the reason Madara is able to doge attacks).
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#45 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jan 21 2010, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing that gets me is that in these chapters, Sasuke and Karin look way more mature the Naruto and Sakura. Naruto in the Sakura's Confession chapters - he looks like a kid!

Sasuke's battle stances are awesome, and he's just drawn looking so powerful, whereas Naruto looks like a big doof most of the time. Or it maybe that I can't remember what a fight scene with Naruto looks like!

Even though Sasuke gets his butt handed to him most of the time, at least he's out there fighting. He would totally woop Naruto just on the basis of time spent in battle.

Karin's illustration is also gritty and mature. Sakura still looks fully 10 years younger than Karin. (I don't just mean battle grunge either.)

They (NS) looked older in the Pain arc, but now it's like they are aging in reverse.

Again, I hope that this is just buildup for some great Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi, etc. arcs.

Does Naruto look like a big doof in THIS chapter??

#46 pinkheartsyellowstars

pinkheartsyellowstars

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:59 AM

All i can say now is, Dumbo is cute.. biggrin.gif

#47 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jan 22 2010, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does Naruto look like a big doof in THIS chapter??

Nah, of course not. He was totally awesome there.

But remember just a few chapters before that he was shown crying with snot coming out of his nose. Not to mention that right now he's out of the picture because he hyperventilated!

And more particularly, what I was thinking when I posted, in the Sakura's Confession chapter he looks like a kid.

Maybe doof is too strong of a word! laugh.gif

Sasuke is drawn looking bad ass, with a cool outfit and really cool poses. (Never catch him sitting on a leaf crying over a book!)

Naruto is rockin' a track suit, watching the world wide-eyed, and sometimes he gets some cool poses.

I know the boyishness is part of the charm, I'm just hoping for some equal strong Naruto time before it's all over. And maybe a jonin outfit! biggrin.gif

And Broken Figurine, I totally agree with your whole post! Calling Sasuke names does not equal character development.

#48 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:23 PM

Keep in mind, while Sasuke has looked more mature and confident, he is usually acting more childish and insane.

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jan 21 2010, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And more particularly, what I was thinking when I posted, in the Sakura's Confession chapter he looks like a kid.

Yeah, but I think it served a purpose. Naruto was locked into an old worldview, based on when he was a kid. In various forums, people have complained about why Naruto doesn't grow up and realize what a horse's rear end Sasuke is. (To some extent, Sakura had the same criticisms.) We also know how stubborn Naruto can be. It would take several blows to the head for Naruto to give up on the ideals he has clenched tightly.

I think he will change and grow in the coming chapters, after showing him vulnerable ("like a kid") and broken down. (crying/passing out). Also I don't think we are giving him enough of a break. He lost his mentor, has undergone intensive training/beating in order to become a sage, completely exhausted himself physically and mentally against Nagato, and had his hard-clung ideals challenged. While he has let some grief out, he probably needed a complete shut-down (passing out) in order to process all that has happened to him within the past month (Naruto-time).

If anything, Naruto has dealt with his pain. He may not look heroic now, but he will be past it. Sasuke is still acting on his childhood trauma.

#49 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jan 22 2010, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But remember just a few chapters before that he was shown crying with snot coming out of his nose. Not to mention that right now he's out of the picture because he hyperventilated!

Sasuke is drawn looking bad ass, with a cool outfit and really cool poses. (Never catch him sitting on a leaf crying over a book!)

Naruto is rockin' a track suit, watching the world wide-eyed, and sometimes he gets some cool poses.

I know the boyishness is part of the charm, I'm just hoping for some equal strong Naruto time before it's all over. And maybe a jonin outfit! biggrin.gif

And Broken Figurine, I totally agree with your whole post! Calling Sasuke names does not equal character development.

Well. he was out in the cold with no jacket for a good while, so even though hes a ninja it doesn't bother me that hes not immune to sickness.

And most of the time people have an idea of who they think/want Naruto to be or will eventually become but its pretty obious hes always going to be the optimistic, prank pulling knuckle head he has alwats been. But he has matured, we've seen that in bunches during part 2 when Sasuke wasn't getting more face time. Sasuke is a different charachter, he holds a lot of things in, he was always the typical loner, and the only times we really saw him show some real emotion was during some competition with Naruto. I don't really understand why Sasuke and Naruto need to be compared to wach other, a big part of the manga is the big differences between the two, and I personally wouldn't like it if Naruto became more like sasuke in any way except maybe getting some more fights.
\

#50 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:35 PM

mmm... more fights would be very nice indeed

#51 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Keep in mind Tricksie when you refer to Sasuke you should think *DMX Remix: The Emoness, The Darkness, The Pain, About to go Insane.* (I hope that helps) biggrin.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 22 January 2010 - 07:02 PM.

#52 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jan 22 2010, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep in mind Tricksie when you refer to Sasuke you should think *DMX Remix: The Emoness, The Darkness, The Pain, About to Insane.* (I hope that helps) biggrin.gif

Did you just bring in DMX... the rapper as an analogy for this situation?! err.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#53 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jan 22 2010, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you just bring in DMX... the rapper as an analogy for this situation?! err.gif

Yes! biggrin.gif DMX song (forgot the name) is perfect for describing Sasuke, like I mentioned earlier. happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 22 January 2010 - 07:04 PM.

#54 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jan 22 2010, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes! biggrin.gif DMX song (forgot the name) is perfect for describing Sasuke, like I mentioned earlier. happy.gif

Oh lord... *gags* arg.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#55 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jan 22 2010, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't compare Sasuke to X...
\

#56 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jan 22 2010, 05:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When Kishi created Naruto, he said he wanted him to remain simple and stupid

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#57 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (Pite @ Jan 21 2010, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well about the Inazagi. I have a feeling that an Eternal Mangekyo annuls the negative effect of the technique (maybe that's the reason Madara is able to doge attacks).

That could explain it, if his eye will never lose sight, then perhaps he's using that too.

#58 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Jan 22 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't compare Sasuke to X...

I wasn't comparing Sasuke to X, I was just using a remix version of his song in my own words as a metaphor to describe Sasuke. Why is it hard for some people to understand?

Edited by Uzumakikage, 23 January 2010 - 03:09 AM.

#59 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:15 AM

Keep in mind that Madara had EMS and for some reason is only using one eye. I'm sure some already figure Madara used Izanagi to restore his life once, but I don't really think EMS changes its curse. Not sure if you meant that or not.

#60 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 23 January 2010 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Jan 23 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep in mind that Madara had EMS and for some reason is only using one eye. I'm sure some already figure Madara used Izanagi to restore his life once, but I don't really think EMS changes its curse. Not sure if you meant that or not.

Keep in mind there's more ways to lose an eye other than overusing it, for example, it could've been severely cut by a kunai during battle or something, who knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users