• This topic is locked This topic is locked
165 replies to this topic

#41 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 27 2009, 02:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, don't you want the story to have a happy ending? I don't want to see an ending for Naruto not being able to achieve his goals and left the bad guys alone to continue what they're doing or better yet, he dies and story ends there. It will make things very depressing. Action stories like this needs some sort of happy ending.

As it said last chapter, Madara is the puppeteer. He can basically drop Nagato like a fly and continue on planning Akatsuki's goals as the mastermind.

I would also like to point out, as much as Pain was leader of the Akatsuki and acting "all God almighty by blowing up villages without any remorse", he's still a human being. More or less, coming to Konoha by attacking and capturing Naruto is a way of showing how Naruto can handle the battlefield by himself when the fight becomes too dangerous, plus showing that Pain wasn't the final villan of the series. I noticed that way back around the 300s when Kyuubi mentioned Madara's name (even though, we haven't heard of Pain's name yet back then). It brought certain theories that someone was behind all of this as the great mastermind which we now realize it was Madara.

And the award for most truth posted in this thread goes to....Derock!

uc.png

#42 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:32 AM

In all honesty, I don't know what to make of this chapter. On the plus side, seeing Naruto kick ass is fun and overdue. But a few things really bothered me at this point:

1) Let's face it: Hinata is going to live. My frustration over this is not because of my pair of choice, but this just doesn't make sense. Pain killed Hanzou plus the old man's friends and family, his own teacher, he rips Shizune's soul out of her body, blows up Konoha...and suddenly he's showing mercy? I'm sorry, that is just ridiculously inconsistent with the tone Kishi set for Pain. And I was never with the crowd asking Kishimoto to kill someone in the rookie 9, or thinking the kids should have died in Part 1's final arc. In fact, I never expected Kishi to kill any of them (at least until the final arc) or asked it of him. But he created a situation where he HAD to kill her. If Kishi didn't have the balls to kill a certain character, he should have done one where it was just implied, or make Pain a bit more sympathetic to some of the characters (at least that way, mercy would actually seem plausible). Or better yet, not create such a situation in the first place.

I should also add that it is Tsunade, not Sakura, who is out of chakra. Tsunade used her mitotic cell regeneration and extra chakra to keep everyone in the village safe. While Sakura may not be at her peak, she still has some to give. And I doubt we will see a reviving technique at this point.

2) The final battle now!? I don't mind this as a first fight, but this is too soon to be "the end". It will officially make the Rinnegan the most highly overrated bloodline in Naruto. I also agree with Daniee, I too would like to see Nagato somehow regain his health and fight Naruto with his true power. Then again, Pain IS holding back most likely; his objective is to beat Naruto to a pulp and then kill him, not just kill him right now. But still, it's a bit disappointing that the Rinnegan isn't appearing to be all that. And we all know Naruto is the chosen one (or something along those lines). Still, Kishi should do something to show that Pain could possibly be the chosen one instead (remember Revenge of the Sith, anyone?), and make it look like Naruto CAN'T win (we know he will, but it would be awesome if Kishimoto made a situation that looked completely hopeless).

To be fair though, there were situations before where Kishimoto seemed to be doing something I didn't agree with, but gave me what I wanted in the end (Itachi wasn't THAT bad, and Killer Bee got away, making Sasuke look like a fool).

So, I guess it's just a matter where all of this leads to in the end.

#43 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:26 AM

Alright, I've happily missed the whole drama the spoiler thread surely was filled with.

I'm somewhat annoyed Naruto focused on Hinata and even placed his hand on his chest... however it's also entirely understandable. The poor, helpless girl had been just stabbed in front of him, and the next thing he knows, he's become the Fox again, and the landscape is riddled with more craters. Of course he'd wonder if she and the remainder villagers would be all right. Moreover, he must feel guilty for Hinata's wounds.

I don't know why you think he doesn't remember anything about her confession. It wasn't implied at all.

And I thought Sakura had already reached Hinata. I guess I'll have to reread the chapter.

The last chapters have been a bit annoying due to NaruHina fanservice. Though I don't see it how a proof of "Oh, my God, NaruHina WILL happen!". Given how the relationships between the main characters have developed since the first chapter and throughout the entire storyline, and how Kishimoto has always refrained from developing a relationship between Naruto and Hinata beyond friendship and one-sided crush, I don't think Naruto will magically forget Sakura and fell in love with Hinata. One matter is Kishimoto tries getting us surprised and another matter is he forgets his own plotlines.

Some fans would tell me: "Why Kishimoto would keep Hinata's crush if he doesn't intend to get them together? I'd answer: "Why would he keep Naruto's love and spend so much time and effort on developing Naruto/Sakura relationship if he doesn't intend to get them together? And why did he waste so many chances for giving Hinata a bigger role in Naruto's life?"

Thus, I don't think Hinata's survival would mean a NaruHina end. It's downright possible Kishimoto intends dealing with that loose end but he doesn't want killing Hinata off because it'd be an easy way-out.

Where I stand from, Naruto will gently turn her down right away or he'll spend a loooooong time pondering over her feelings and his. And remember Kishimoto supposedly planned a Sakura Arc, and they're going to meet Sasuke again. Sakura will have to make a choice, and perhaps jealousy and fear from losing Naruto to other woman will help her to make the right one. biggrin.gif

Therefore, it's likely his aim isn't developing NaruHina, but adding more drama to the story, and trying driving the fandom crazy. Now many peoplpe will be wondering if Naruto will stick to Sakura or will choose Hinata. Given that NaruHina fans are convinced Hinata is so sweet, nice and good and has treated Naruto so well, and she's been always by his side, and he fell out of love with Sakura because his feelings were shallow and she's aspouse-abuser, they believe knowing what the foregone conclusion is. Given that NaruSaku fans read the manga and believe Naruto and Sakura's feelings have been developing throughout the entire series whereas Hinata's crush barely was in the background, they also believe they know how it'll end up.

Sincerely, given the evolution of the manga, I don't think we should be worried. It would be no a wonder HInata's confessio actually removes Hinata how a possible Naruto's mate and develops NaruSaku further.

Or in fact he plans for a NaruHina end. But if it happens, it happens. I shall not fret about it, even if I'll be dissapointed because I'll think Kishimoto gave in to fandom pressure.

I still remember when Ranma 1/2 was going on. Many girls confessed his love for the main character, and even did things for -and to- him. BUt in the end, Ranma sticked to Akane. I remember a fan claiming Ranma and Akane wouldn't end up together because the writer wasn't so predictable, and swore Ranma would get married to Shampoo because she was perfect girl for him.

Guess what? It didn't happen. And it didn't happen because a good author can try and surprising his/her readers, but he won't forget his/her own ongoing plotlines.

If we had a Goku/Bulma situation, where Goku never showed being in love with someone and there never were hints suggesting romantic love between Goku y Bulma... then yes, I would be able to believe Kishimoto would stick Naruto to a secondary character. But it's never happened. Naruto is in love with someone else, there're hints of a growing feeling between Sakura and him, and no girl has blatantly and loudly chased after him.

I surmise NaruHina fans are behaving like if NaruHina is already canon. I'm assuming that because I never go into their boards and I'll never go, even if the couple becomes canon, but... Big deal. They claimed NaruHina was canon after chapter 98, and then Naruto and Hinata didn't talk to each other for TWO-HUNDRED issues. They claimed it was canon when Naruto seemed giving up on Sakura, and then we had the Promise of a Lifetime, and several arcs with plenty NaruSaku-ness. They claimed it was canon when Naruto and Hinata were together during one mission, and they not even had a decent conversation.

OF COURSE, Kishimoto CAN shock us with a NaruHina end, regardless. But again, I tell we must NOT press the panic button. And we must not obsess over it.

After all, even if it doesn't seem like it - tongue.gif - I tried focusing more on Naruto's fight than his reaction to Hinata and the villagers not being charred to ashes.

I must tell this fight is pretty good, with a mix of super-powers and physical action. I missed fist fights.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#44 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:49 AM

Well, most of what I think about this has already been said. I'm very pleased with how Narutu handled himself in this fight, and he did show us that he's still best at thinking on his feet during a fight. He's focused on fighting Pain, and he's willing to stab himself with that pole to find him. Dedication: It's what defines this boy!

I'm a little surprised he used both Rasenshuriken at once, but then I remembered how insanely strong an opponent the boy is facing. Naruto had a five second time limit of creating the second Rasenshuriken to complete his jutsu, so that means he's able to make the jutsu pretty damn fast.

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Mar 27 2009, 05:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh duh me, but no that's a Kage Shuriken (Shadow Shuriken), if you don't know what one is go back to the Zabuza arc.

It's the Shadow Shuriken jutsu, yes. But it's not a shuriken kage bunshin! The Jutsu doesn't create clones of a shuriken, it throws the second shuriken and hides it in the blind spot created by the first one, so the target will only see the first one. Naruto threw both Rasenshuriken now, and that will probably end God Realm, but also mean that Naruto's out of Sage Mode.

Naruto wanted to talk to the "real" Pain, but I think he won't finish him this time around. He's out of Sage Mode, so he won't be a match against Konan, who's still fit to fight, and protecting Nagato. Naruto now knows where he is, but the best I can think of is that he'll get a team to go with him to face off against Konan while he goes to talk to Nagato.

I think Pain will walk away from this, but he doesn't seem to be in the best of health. I'm tired of Naruto villains getting hyped to the skies, only for Kishi to go "Lol, you can defeat them, because I made them sick biggrin.gif". First Orochimaru, then Itachi... will Pain join in here, or will he get a chance to recover. I'd actually prefer for him to leave this time, and for Naruto to show him why he's the bloody main character here!

As for Hinata, I think it was alright. In the spoilers, there were talking about how Pain missed her vitals, but in the chapter he had given her a possibly fatal wound. Remember that what we would classify as a fatal wound doesn't apply to a bunch of people who can heal you with their magic spirit powers. Naruto took a fist through his lung, which would probably off most of us (but was not critical), but even with the fox healing him slowly, he got through. Chouji and Neji in the retrieval arc? Both were in critical, but for us it would probably be a lost cause. My point is, a critical wound in the Naruto world would be insta-death for us. Pain stabbed her, but did he apply himself? Did he think anyone would end up healing her? Nah, I think he just wanted to get the ant out of the way, and piss Naruto off so he could test the Kyuubi's strength himself. The wound would have been fatal, but for a ninja... it's still treatable!

And I also believe Pain is too important to Madara's plans, so something will happen. I'm not saying he'll show up personally, but I believe Pain will walk away from this fight, completely defeated by his own pray. Gtfo my Konoha, and get back to sulking (and go eat something dude).

#45 surlymoogle

surlymoogle

DEUCES

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 26 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After this whole Pein situation goes by Naruto and her are going to have a heart to heart. Naruto tries to act like Hinata was joking back then. But Hinata sees through it.

Hinata: "You know I wasn't joking. And I also know that you don't love me like that."

Naruto: "Sorry, Hinata..."

Hinata: "I'm not. It was just important to me that I told you." (smiles)

That's best case scenario at this point. If not. Eh... *shrugs*

This is actually exactly what I want to see. The notion that Naruto would suddenly fall for Hinata just because she confessed and then got her ass handed to her is retarded. It's a complete character 180 for him. The idea that anyone would think this is good storytelling is ludicrous and yet...it happens all the time. (See Final Fantasy VIII for my favorite example...or is that least favorite?)

That's why it would be great for Naruto to awkwardly approach her, feeling flattered/humbled by her confession but at the same time wondering how to kindly let Hinata down, only to have Hinata tell him, "I get it, you don't feel the same, but I NEEDED to say it. Now I'm over it, and it's okay."

And then she can go marry Neji and keep the bloodline strong wooooooo Hyuugacest

Now, THAT would be some real character development for Hinata.

(I'm still kind of annoyed that Kishi doesn't have the huevos to off one of the Rookie Nine though.)

#46 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Mar 27 2009, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know why you think he doesn't remember anything about her confession. It wasn't implied at all.

I never said that he doesn't remember it.

I said that he doesn't seem to remember it. There is always the possibility that he will do so later on when he isn't in the middle of a battle for his life, but at this current point in time he doesn't seem to remember it, and as such it isn't crossing his mind as an important development that he has to address. And if he never remembers it, then Hinata's 'sacrifice' will have all been for nothing.

#47 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:58 PM

I never said that he doesn't remember it.

I said that he doesn't seem to remember it. There is always the possibility that he will do so later on when he isn't in the middle of a battle for his life, but at this current point in time he doesn't seem to remember it, and as such it isn't crossing his mind as an important development that he has to address. And if he never remembers it, then Hinata's 'sacrifice' will have all been for nothing.

I wasn't talking specifically to you, Shauna. In fact, when I wrote the sentence you were quoting, I didn't even remembered you had made that statement sweatdrop.gif . Several members were telling that, and I was puzzled about it because I didn't understand where they were coming from.

Or maybe no one else but you was telling that? sweatdrop.gif Well, now I'm feeling dumb.

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#48 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

I wasn't here in Chapter 296/297 when Hinata was on the cover, but the fans are going wild analyzing the chapter 441 cover to death.

#49 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Mar 27 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasn't talking specifically to you, Shauna. In fact, when I wrote the sentence you were quoting, I didn't even remembered you had made that statement sweatdrop.gif . Several members were telling that, and I was puzzled about it because I didn't understand where they were coming from.

Lol, well they were probably getting it from me when I made this statement:

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 27 2009, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And...Naruto doesn't seem to remember Hinata's suicidal confession at all >.>!

And there's no need to feel dumb, as I thought you were specifically referencing my statement tongue.gif

#50 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

not much I can add from what i said in the spoiler thread except that Nagato looks terrible

#51 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Mar 27 2009, 03:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the award for most truth posted in this thread goes to....Derock!

*goes into actor mode who have one an Oscar*

Oh you love me, you really, really love me! tongue.gif Thanks.

EDIT: As much we are talking about Nagato about to die, and the drama with Hinata, this was a good chapter. As many people haven't reread, Naruto actually matured even more in this chapter. Scared that he thought he destroyed his village in 6-Tailed mode which Katsuyu reassured him that he didn't and then when Pain blurted out Sasuke's name, Naruto didn't respond like he usually did. Then he became badass in the fight (not that badass as Ichigo was in this week's Bleach chapter).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#52 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

Well, don't you want the story to have a happy ending? I don't want to see an ending for Naruto not being able to achieve his goals and left the bad guys alone to continue what they're doing or better yet, he dies and story ends there. It will make things very depressing. Action stories like this needs some sort of happy ending.

He could always Empire Strikes Back or Revenge of the Sith it. of course that would only work if he wanted to do a third generation/part three

In honesty, I have to wonder if the surprising ending to this fight is an awesome jutsu for Naruto.

Unless my prediction in the spoiler thread is true lol
well... Crack Theory no Jutsu! the spoiler said one line said an unexpected twist next week....(wait for it).......

Hinata is actually part of Akatski trying to capture her "Naruto-kun" for Madara!

.... either that or she is only alive cause the thing Pein stabbed her with was one of the chakra receivers of his and she is actually now part of Pein....<= wait, that would be an interesting plot twist wouldn't it?

Now I'm sure it would be something predictable but something that we wouldn't associate with Naruto (flying thunder god technique?) or some one stepping in and causing Pein's escape to happen.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#53 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:42 PM

Does anyone know if the slug was with Naruto the whole fight? I figured it would have been incinerated by the Kyuubi chakra. We all know what it did to Naruto when he went 4 tails.

And I'm still left with the impression that Naruto is angry at Nagato, but I don'tthink he's out to kill Nagato just yet. He may want to beat some sense into him (like Gaara) but probably not kill. Especially since he knows most of the villagers, Hinata and the others are not dead. When he asked Pein to tell him where the true body was, it sounded more to me like he wanted to confront Nagato and try to convince him that his viewpoint was wrong. He had that talk with Naruto and Naruto had no idea how to answer him about the right and wrong way to lead to peace. I think after the talk with his father, he knows. Now that he has the Will of Fire passed down to him, he is ready to give Nagato an answer, face to face. smile.gif

#54 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:55 PM

I've got just one question!
How did the slug not get burned to crisp in Naruto's pocket while he was in kyuubi mode?! wot.gif

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#55 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:00 PM

And there's no need to feel dumb, as I thought you were specifically referencing my statement

It's all forgiven, then? Cool! happy.gif

Now, about your statement... I don't think Naruto has forgoten. I wouldn't understand why Kishimoto would write one scene with Hinata confessing if Naruto wasn't going to remember it. It'd be a massive cop-out.

Although I'd laugh if it happened.

I wasn't here in Chapter 296/297 when Hinata was on the cover, but the fans are going wild analyzing the chapter 441 cover to death.

This is madness!

Madness? No.

This...

Is...

FANDOM!

Now, honestly... I read the entirety of the Part I and Part II up to Uchiha arc before visiting Naruto's forums or even looking for fanworks. I read the published volumes -instead of reading one weekly chapter-, and although I wasn't rooting for one pairing back then, I thought it was obvious if Naruto hooked up with someone, it'd be Sakura.

I didn't know many fans were declaring NaruHina canon after chapter 98.

Neither they knew the next Naruto/Hinata talk would happen nearly two-hundred chapters later.

So... I don't mind what they tell. I don't care for their opinions. I'm not interested in reading them. Instead of it, I'm interested in reading the manga. And reading the manga like a whole, I can't take NaruHina couple seriously, regardless what has happened in the last five chapters.

If they want overreacting and over-obsessing and making a racket cause the confession, let them be. They did the same thing when Naruto retreated as Sakura hugged Sasuke, when Naruto saw Hinata again and when Hinata walked beside Naruto for one scene. And look where it got them.

#56 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

I must say though, this chapter DOES prove one thing - Naruto's definitely getting smarter. He seems to be able to use basic concepts in many different way, he always could, but he's expanding that ability. After all, he was successful in locating Nagato.

Anyway, I'm not worried about NaruHina. In fact, I thing it's better that we got over with Hinata's side of the pairing puzzle faster. I guess that would wrap up the chapter, and I only hope that the "unexpected end" won't be cheesy.smile.gif

#57 krazzedkyubbi

krazzedkyubbi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:NaruxSaku just meant to be, my Brittney-chan, bowling, great friends, hanging out, and krazee music. My interest also include getting to know weirdos like me!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:51 PM

I enjoyed this chapter is show a serious bump in maturity for Naruto. There was no hint of goofiness in his demeanor. Also I believe that the rasenshuriken is a fake and there is a real one in the shadow. It will end like Zabuza. Naruto will show up in front of Nagato in sage mode as one shuriken is a clone and will either tell Konan to back off and talk. Or, he will brush her aside as she attacks. He will tell Pein about Madara using him and Pein will already know and tell Naruto that he is using him.

Naruto will then tell him to leave and that the fight is over. Nagato Will refuse even on his death bed and attack him. He will counter Nagato and pull him close to his face one last time and say "Get out of my Village, and never return or I will Kill you!"

#58 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Shadow-kun @ Mar 27 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got just one question!
How did the slug not get burned to crisp in Naruto's pocket while he was in kyuubi mode?! wot.gif

The same reason Naruto's clothes and hair don't get incinerated... >.>

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Mar 27 2009, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of the biggest bad guys in the series history who wants to OBLITERATE EVERYTHING and TAKE OVER turn out to be the "chosen one"? Where's the fun? Where's the logic?

You're misunderstanding. Like any story, I fully expect the good guys to win, but if the author or anyone else outright confirms that they will be victorious before somebody finishes taking it in...how many of them are still going to be interested? It's practically the biggest spoiler you can give out. Nagato dies then the series will no longer have any suspense because Naruto is destined to defeat his enemies and save the world.

Also, Konan needs to prove her worth. If she can't protect Nagato from Naruto, who is no longer in Sage Mode...well, she's not much of an Akatsuki member. But, I'm glad to hear that there will be an unexpected ending. I've been hoping that this arc would go out with a bang; now I just hope I'm satisfied with it.

#59 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Mar 27 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're misunderstanding. Like any story, I fully expect the good guys to win, but if the author or anyone else outright confirms that they will be victorious before somebody finishes taking it in...how many of them are still going to be interested? It's practically the biggest spoiler you can give out. Nagato dies then the series will no longer have any suspense because Naruto is destined to defeat his enemies and save the world.

Also, Konan needs to prove her worth. If she can't protect Nagato from Naruto, who is no longer in Sage Mode...well, she's not much of an Akatsuki member. But, I'm glad to hear that there will be an unexpected ending. I've been hoping that this arc would go out with a bang; now I just hope I'm satisfied with it.

Winning fights are outcomes, and eventually good guys will triumph, always happening in the end of stories, though very cliche. However the fight will end but one or actually both of them may not be a victor, that's the suspense of it. And what does it proves that if Nagato dies, then the series will lose suspense? Suspense will always be around when something is about to happen to the plot/character/setting/conflict, etc.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#60 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

Page 12 of this chapter has got to be my favorite page in the whole manga! Pain gets PWNT! A new Naruto rendan! (or however "combo" is spelled) Grab! Twist! Snap! Kick!! and Pain goes BOOM!! Smack!! HAHAhhahahahahaha I love it.
My guess on the "unexpected conclusion" is the same thing I predicted already: That Naruto wont kill Nagato, cuz once he sees that pathetic shell of a man he'll feel too much pity to hurt him. I hope he breaks his chair though and takes away all his chakra sticks.
And who knows what Konan is going to do now, I think I need to go read the Jiraiya fight to remember what her jutsu are Lol.

Edited by Nee-sama, 27 March 2009 - 07:25 PM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users