61 replies to this topic

#41 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

I deleted my multiple posts and put them all in one post . 

Oh ok. Good for you. Just don't confuse me. Lol.

But yeah, that's my thought on Naruto. As for Sakura, noticed that every moments that she has shown (smiles, care, etc.) he doesn't look at her or keep breaking it in the wrong time. Not all of them are his fault but the mark keeps on missing. He doesn't know how much she cares for him to the point if Naruto didn't care about Sasuke let alone the promise, he would stop chasing just to keep himself alive. Lastly, if he knows, he most likely tried his best to keep her unharmed from his problems. In fact, Jiraiya said it best, "You don't know a woman's heart." He's still maturing but rest assured, he will understand completely.

#42 Superman333

Superman333

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:getting the girl of my dreams to be mine(she is the Sakura-Chan of my life) ,Sonic the Hedgehog, making it to the NBA and being a better Point Guard than Rajon Rondo and then when I retire be a mangaka .

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Oh ok. Good for you. Just don't confuse me. Lol.

But yeah, that's my thought on Naruto. As for Sakura, noticed that every moments that she has shown (smiles, care, etc.) he doesn't look at her or keep breaking it in the wrong time. Not all of them are his fault but the mark keeps on missing. He doesn't know how much she cares for him to the point if Naruto didn't care about Sasuke let alone the promise, he would stop chasing just to keep himself alive. Lastly, if he knows, he most likely tried his best to keep her unharmed from his problems. In fact, Jiraiya said it best, "You don't know a woman's heart." He's still maturing but rest assured, he will understand completely.

yeah thats why i was saying that its not that its really his fault he just accepted her "feelings " for Sasuke and it would really be unbelievable to him that the Girl he loved for so long is actually starting to love him back . He closed off the desire in his heart to be with Sakura-Chan just because of his acceptance . But I think as of now he is opening that desire back aka 631 and yes he will understand in due time he started to understand back in chapter 470 after Sai's explanation in my opinion . 

Edited by Superman333, 14 September 2013 - 03:17 PM.

Posted Image

#43 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

And NaruSaku of course ^^

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Nobis non domine non nobis.

Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine.

Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito .

Das ist Wilde Verwegen Jagd .

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

I don't know , antis are tearing apart NS with that ''fake'' confession that sometimes it makes me wanna headbutt them to shut up .

Good job James, you really bring awesome points, it cleared up some vague sectors of my way of thinking ^^  . I guess Haters just don't want Sakura to be happy or as you said read one phrase , look at one panel and by default Naruto hates Sakura -> loves hinata , Sakura's mental image of Sasuke glaring in the background -> true love ...

It makes no kittening sense

That's why they deny 631 and called it a joke (fallowed by 632 she blushed and 633 Hinata wants Naruto's hand) because Naruto remained oblivious to Hinata and ''hurt'' her feelings, well boo hoo , they'll have to learn to live with it .

Edited by Psychox, 14 September 2013 - 03:17 PM.

narusaku_signature_by_xsakuraharuno-d5d7

#44 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

yeah thats why i was saying that its not that its really his fault he just accepted her "feelings " for Sasuke and it would really be unbelievable to him that the Girl he loved for so long is actually starting to love him back . He closed off the desire in his heart to be with Sakura-Chan just because of his acceptance . But I think as of now he is opening that desire back aka 631 and yes he will understand in due time he started to understand back in chapter 470 after Sai's explanation in my opinion . 

It's also natural for a guy not knowing that the girl he's interested is falling for him. It's odd that we can tell others at times when we are not that interested , but for someone we are, we are blindsided. I don't know but it's just is.

#45 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

Its not that Naruto shows stupidity to Sakura-Chan and Hinata . He is oblivious to the both of them for two different reasons. One if because of acceptance and the other is because he is truly in love with some one else. 

For Sakura-Chan he is oblivious because he accepted her "feelings for Sasuke" so no matter what hint she drops to him subliminally or subconsiously he can't bring him self to think she is doing it romantically . He is more closeminded than stupid . But as of recently he seems to confidently believe that he may have a chance with Sakura-Chan aka chapter 631 . 

For Hinata well its simple ... Naruto is in love with Sakura-Chan and doesn't look at Hinata or any other girl that way . If it was before when he only had a crush on Sakura-Chan then maybe Hinata would have had a chance but now that Naruto is truly in love with Sakura-Chan , well Naruto won't look at Hinata nor any other girl like that .

Oh boy....okay, I shall explain a bit farther.

The kind of "stupidity" you bring up is what I call "ignorance." To me, these are two different things. "Stupidity" is what I call it is when you are aware of things and yet seem to "forget" about them just moments later. IE. What we had recently in the chapters where Naruto pointed out that Obito can only be harmed by Sage mode nature chakra fused attacks, yet the next moment he goes into full throttle with only the Nine-tails chakra. Even the other ninja comment on this and point out that maybe Naruto is just being stupid so to speak. "Ignorance" however is lack of information or knowledge of said events.

Sometimes people interchange these two, but they are not the same.

As I brought up, there are times when Nauto was told the same info like 5 times and yet completely ignored it for his own moral system believing only he can do it. This is stupidity. The fact that many have told him it is not just his fight and yet seems to think it is only his battle to win. We also have 615 which I think is kind of stupid of him seeing as he knew people would die in war. I am not saying that he shouldn't have been sad, but rather his reaction to Neji's death was really stupid. It's not the first death he has faced and he knew it wasn't going to be the last. To me, he looked ready to give up.

Ignorance is when he didn't know his father was the 4th Hokage or his mother was the previous Jinchuurki.

Some of the stupid moments I find are with his moral system where he sacrifice reality for it. "I am going to die with Sasuke." Really? You are just going to abandon everything else for a guy who really doesn't care about you? Nobility aside, it still is stupid as often nobility is. We also have him being stupid when it comes to Sakura which again he doesn't tell her how he feels due to him not being able to keep those promises. Makes for great drama in the story, but again still stupid. We also have him not really providing closure to Hinata or talking to her afterwords. Is there really a reason why he couldn't do it? He knew he loved Sakura and he knew Hinata loves him. That's kind of cruel of him to do that if I do say so myself. If he doesn't love Hinata, why not just tell her? He had the chance to when he finally knew it, but he didn't.

(BTW, Hinata was stupid to do the confession during this time too despite knowing she couldn't fight Pein and knowing that just running in there was not a good idea.)

Sakura's confession was also stupid of her, but for a different reason. She was stupid to think she could kill Sasuke, but she was aware that what she was doing was stupid. So is it really stupid if you know what you are about to do is stupid? That's a hard one to judge. I guess this is more a personal idea rather than a fact like the others.

Naruto's tunnel vision in itself is stupid of Naruto because it means he is willing to ignore everything that isn't in his line of site no matter how obvious. Credit for conviction, but that doesn't make it any less stupid. See it is not his stupidity that gives him tunnel vision, but rather his tunnel vision that makes him stupid. See what I mean? If he was truly paying attention, he could see the signs and know the real facts, but he chooses to ignore them because he is too busy have this tunnel vision on "Sasuke, Sasuke, Sasuke."

Many of times do I find myself facepalming at Naruto for this.

We we also must take into account is...well, this is all for drama for drama's sake. The best part of the story is not the journey, but rather the destination and even so it reminds me of all these harems where the main guy is so....stupid that he can't even see that some girls are in love with him. It gets hard at times because you know "they are going to be together" yet they are still either so oblivious or stupid or making excuses not to go through with it.

For NS, I am 100% certain they are going to be the canon pairing. No question, but the fact that we have these moments of stalling despite the obvious signs makes me ache. It's like.....well...

I have posted this before, but it makes the most sense.

OH COME ON!!!

Edited by James S Cassidy, 14 September 2013 - 03:36 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#46 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

At this point, it's already obvious. I'm just here sitting next to bonfire. That's how sure I am. I'm just waiting for end of SS and war cry of the fandom. I feel like I should play a special song for others in my review one day, but that would be mean.

#47 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

^ahahahahaha , I'm dying here ... :lmao:

#48 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Hey, I'm just being honest. What's worse is that if SS ends, then the confession will be a thing in the past for sure because she is moving on for a good reason. They're in healthy relationship, Naruto and Sakura. Sasuke not so much. Heck, even in the last arc, she didn't rethink differently for Sasuke, only how to end the Team 7 dilemma. If she did rethink, why 540 happened then?

#49 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

Hey, I'm just being honest. What's worse is that if SS ends, then the confession will be a thing in the past for sure because she is moving on for a good reason. They're in healthy relationship, Naruto and Sakura. Sasuke not so much. Heck, even in the last arc, she didn't rethink differently for Sasuke, only how to end the Team 7 dilemma. If she did rethink, why 540 happened then?

Pairing Drama ? :umm:

#50 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Pairing Drama ? :umm:

I don't think so. Well in a way sure but not like Naruto and even Sasuke will come to her and ask "Who do you love? Me or him?" It's not much of a drama if the whole trio is not involved, it's just her. I think Kishi wants a legit moving on scene for Sakura as in a message for audience to learn that we make mistake and there's always someone else out there. Because it's always about being happy.

#51 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Whatever you want to believe, Dark.

BTW, it's D-E-P-I-C-T-I-N-G. I wouldn't bother correcting you if you didn't make the same mistake about 4 times in one post.

We also have this

"I figured I had placed her in a heroin-like situation"

But people seem to dismiss this one quite often too for in favor of Hinata's confession being more heroic. Kind of interesting that what the fanbase interpreted from that scene is not what the scene was meant to express at all.

Plus you have to also take into account that 540 could be a red herring and not a real reflection. Any one good moment after the confession would make NS canon and it has been like this for a while. Meanwhile, you got these little scenes like 540 and 615 which just throw you off the trail in attempt to not point out the obvious. Does 540 or 615 have any significance now? Judging by what has been shown, no. They were merely a stalling agent.

(Also, as a side note, imagine if she thought about Naruto in that scene and not Sasuke?)

And again, Dark, you forget chapter 573 where Sakura says "We will be together no matter what you say." Does this not play a significance? You seem to dismiss this chapter rather quickly in favor of 540 even though 540 seems to be an anti-SS, not a pro-moment or even also the idea that well...Sasuke never can or never will love Sakura ever. Does this not play a significance or you just dismiss this one?

We also have Karin who has feelings for Sasuke and also Ino, but I guess we don't care about them do we? Dismiss...dismiss....dismiss.

I'll post my thoughts.

Acknowledging it was a fake confession doesnt dismiss or downplay further NS scenes, Sakura decided to take Naruto's burden by killing Sasuke, it was the way Kishi thought he had placed her on a heroin situation, but she got bashed because she lied and people started bashing her for this and skip the point.

The fact is that i dont see on this way, she lied to Naruto but however she did an act of love when she proved with actions that Naruto is more important to her than Sasuke, this is one of the main reasons why she lied there (she didnt realized this).

She was willing to kill Sasuke for Naruto's sake, how this is selfish?

Again it's up to the fanbase who bash her, like the VA on the interview you posted said that Sakura was using Naruto's feelings for herself which is ridiculous and totally away from Sakura's character.

About 573, it's ambiguous and can be interpreted on two things, she either wants to be with him or wants to do something big, i think she got it since she healed him and sought his acknowledgement, but still there's more to come and i believe it's connected to Naruto vs Sasuke.

the only thing i get from the summit is that different than what we got like "NS hug" "yamato's comments" moments where doesnt have any impact for development, i would say that thanks to this revelation, she started to see Naruto on a romantic light diferent than "friends only" which were moments were she display some kind of romantic affectin but leads to nowhere because they are discarded.

Most important she needed a confrontation with Sasuke which she got on the summit, she was crying on the same way as Ino which tells that she still had feelings for Sasuke an would be weird for her to pump up from nowhere and suddenly says that loves Naruto without confronting Sasuke.

After all the moments on the summit, Naruto comes and save her life when she was about to die because of her crush, Naruto saves her the impactfull moment that neither SS/NH has, which put NS on a high pedestal.
After that you can argue if she loves him or not, but that moment really changed NS.

On the end, she knows that Naruto is a way better guy than Sasuke but i do feel that she's more inclined to be with Naruto even if she has feelings for Sasuke which is the one of the main reasons why she will move on, she wants to be with Naruto i guess but that doesnt make her confession valid or honest, you cant pick up future chapters to make past ones valid, the summit and confession were development moments to me, it pushed Sakura for NS and at the same time she had the confrontation with Sasuke that she needed in order to move on.

She saw Sasuke and Naruto and putting them on a balance she favours way more Naruto than Sasuke which is the reason why she didnt fangirled and the reason why she was more after Naruto than Sasuke during the team 7 nostalgia chapters.

The summit made SS unlikely and worse having feelings for Sasuke is horrible for her character, i even understood before because she didnt confronted Sasuke but after her confrontation she cant hold those feelings anymore this is so true that her feelings arent shown, despite we got a confirmation that Naruto still loves Sakura.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 14 September 2013 - 05:15 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#52 Superman333

Superman333

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:getting the girl of my dreams to be mine(she is the Sakura-Chan of my life) ,Sonic the Hedgehog, making it to the NBA and being a better Point Guard than Rajon Rondo and then when I retire be a mangaka .

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Oh boy....okay, I shall explain a bit farther.

The kind of "stupidity" you bring up is what I call "ignorance." To me, these are two different things. "Stupidity" is what I call it is when you are aware of things and yet seem to "forget" about them just moments later. IE. What we had recently in the chapters where Naruto pointed out that Obito can only be harmed by Sage mode nature chakra fused attacks, yet the next moment he goes into full throttle with only the Nine-tails chakra. Even the other ninja comment on this and point out that maybe Naruto is just being stupid so to speak. "Ignorance" however is lack of information or knowledge of said events.

Sometimes people interchange these two, but they are not the same.

As I brought up, there are times when Nauto was told the same info like 5 times and yet completely ignored it for his own moral system believing only he can do it. This is stupidity. The fact that many have told him it is not just his fight and yet seems to think it is only his battle to win. We also have 615 which I think is kind of stupid of him seeing as he knew people would die in war. I am not saying that he shouldn't have been sad, but rather his reaction to Neji's death was really stupid. It's not the first death he has faced and he knew it wasn't going to be the last. To me, he looked ready to give up.

Ignorance is when he didn't know his father was the 4th Hokage or his mother was the previous Jinchuurki.

Some of the stupid moments I find are with his moral system where he sacrifice reality for it. "I am going to die with Sasuke." Really? You are just going to abandon everything else for a guy who really doesn't care about you? Nobility aside, it still is stupid as often nobility is. We also have him being stupid when it comes to Sakura which again he doesn't tell her how he feels due to him not being able to keep those promises. Makes for great drama in the story, but again still stupid. We also have him not really providing closure to Hinata or talking to her afterwords. Is there really a reason why he couldn't do it? He knew he loved Sakura and he knew Hinata loves him. That's kind of cruel of him to do that if I do say so myself. If he doesn't love Hinata, why not just tell her? He had the chance to when he finally knew it, but he didn't.

(BTW, Hinata was stupid to do the confession during this time too despite knowing she couldn't fight Pein and knowing that just running in there was not a good idea.)

Sakura's confession was also stupid of her, but for a different reason. She was stupid to think she could kill Sasuke, but she was aware that what she was doing was stupid. So is it really stupid if you know what you are about to do is stupid? That's a hard one to judge. I guess this is more a personal idea rather than a fact like the others.

Naruto's tunnel vision in itself is stupid of Naruto because it means he is willing to ignore everything that isn't in his line of site no matter how obvious. Credit for conviction, but that doesn't make it any less stupid. See it is not his stupidity that gives him tunnel vision, but rather his tunnel vision that makes him stupid. See what I mean? If he was truly paying attention, he could see the signs and know the real facts, but he chooses to ignore them because he is too busy have this tunnel vision on "Sasuke, Sasuke, Sasuke."

We we also must take into account is...well, this is all for drama for drama's sake. The best part of the story is not the journey, but rather the destination and even so it reminds me of all these harems where the main guy is so....stupid that he can't even see that some girls are in love with him. It gets hard at times because you know "they are going to be together" yet they are still either so oblivious or stupid or making excuses not to go through with it.

For NS, I am 100% certain they are going to be the canon pairing. No question, but the fact that we have these moments of stalling despite the obvious signs makes me ache. It's like.....well...

OH COME ON!!!

let me make this clear , I am the biggest NS fan you can find and I know 110 percent that NS will happen I know 2oo percent the pairng will be canon . But I just can't agree with the words stupid  those are not the words for it at all . 

But the fact of the matter is , Naruto is in love with Sakura-Chan and he accepted her feelings . the word for it is acceptance its nothing stupid about it at all imo . He is in love he wants her happiness and at first he believed Sasuke was the only one that could do it  . Over time however , he started to realize that he can make her as happy if not happier than Sasuke can .  He always thought he was the third wheel and always believed that he will never fit in the picture with Sakura-Chan and Sasuke . Its only natural that he would be oblivious to her signs of love towards him . If the girl I am in love with walk up to me right now and tell me she loves me I wouldn't believe it I would be surprised abnd doubt it as well especialy if it just came out of nowhere .

It wasn't until chapter 470 and after Sai's explanation that Naruto started to stop being closeminded to everything . He started to realize that Sakura-Chan might actually love him romantically as well aka 631 . But like I said I am the biggest NS fan you can find and I am 110 percent sure that Naruto will be with Sakura-Chan .  

Edited by Superman333, 14 September 2013 - 06:03 PM.

Posted Image

#53 mmrc27

mmrc27

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:reading books and manga, watching anime, writing my own fictional story based on anime, and study :)

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

let me make this clear , I am the biggest NS fan you can find and I know 110 percent that NS will happen I know 2oo percent the pairng will be canon . But I just can't agree with the words stupid  those are not the words for it at all . 

But the fact of the matter is , Naruto is in love with Sakura-Chan and he accepted her feelings . the word for it is acceptance its nothing stupid about it at all imo . He is in love he wants her happiness and at first he believed Sasuke was the only one that could do it  . Over time however , he started to realize that he can make her as happy if not happier than Sasuke can .  He always thought he was the third wheel and always believed that he will never fit in the picture with Sakura-Chan and Sasuke . Its only natural that he would be oblivious to her signs of love towards him . If the girl I am in love with walk up to me right now and tell me she loves me I wouldn't believe it I would be surprised abnd doubt it as well especialy if it just came out of nowhere .

It wasn't until chapter 470 and after Sai's explanation that Naruto started to stop being closeminded to everything . He started to realize that Sakura-Chan might actually love him romantically as well aka 631 . But like I said I am the biggest NS fan you can find and I am 110 percent sure that Naruto will be with Sakura-Chan .  

agreed!...its just naruto had gone too far thinking that sakura will only be happy with sasuke...but he can make her happier :)

#54 Superman333

Superman333

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:25 AM

agreed!...its just naruto had gone too far thinking that sakura will only be happy with sasuke...but he can make her happier :)

haha you just like to reinforce the words Great Minds think alike don't you .? :)

Posted Image

#55 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

OH COME ON!!!

Yep i believe he changed this mindset because obviously would not make sense since Neji died, he was stupid because he thought that he failing to save Sasuke would not make him up for hokage since he failed on saving him and also on the promise he made to Sakura, i knew this since the part when Itachi put Naruto on a genjutsu and the Sakura genjutsu saying that "he failed with her".

Thanks to Itachi his view seems to be matured, i mean Neji died and he could not save him so he decided he will do his best to save/protect his friends if they die he will not forget them.

About Sakura, the confession was stupid of her too, but she had two choices, tell Naruto the truth(which would obviously hurt him, "he fainted") or make a confession(lie).

Naruto's tunnel vision, there's a reason, it's not his fault whatesover everytime Sakura shows her feelings for him he's always fainted or it's not on the scene.

And to make things worse he always was there on the moments where Sasuke shows her crush towards Sasuke, he saw her hugging him lots of times, and there's the hospital scene and for the last when she cried and begged Naruto saying that the most important thing she wants is Sasuke back, hearing those words from your love interest it's seriously hurtfull and traumatized Naruto.

Even if his tunnel vision being stupid, there's a reason for it.

But the Sasuke, Sasuke, Sasuke, well even Obito is adept of it since he said "even if you win this war, if you fail to save Sasuke your victory is meaningless".

SK-303_image007.jpg

#56 Question22

Question22

TNJ master

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Love to read manga , like to read fanfictions too

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

Naruto still thinks she loves Sasuke ,  he visions the part 1 Sakura that was obsess with Sasuke

But now Sakura changed very much

her love for Sasuke isn't like before

so Naruto is the one that needs to understand that she gone all over it

Our ship has maybe sank but our memories of debate , struggling , defending ... will stay in our hearths

-Question22

#57 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'll post my thoughts.

Acknowledging it was a fake confession doesnt dismiss or downplay further NS scenes, Sakura decided to take Naruto's burden by killing Sasuke, it was the way Kishi thought he had placed her on a heroin situation, but she got bashed because she lied and people started bashing her for this and skip the point.

The fact is that i dont see on this way, she lied to Naruto but however she did an act of love when she proved with actions that Naruto is more important to her than Sasuke, this is one of the main reasons why she lied there (she didnt realized this).

She was willing to kill Sasuke for Naruto's sake, how this is selfish?

Again it's up to the fanbase who bash her, like the VA on the interview you posted said that Sakura was using Naruto's feelings for herself which is ridiculous and totally away from Sakura's character.

About 573, it's ambiguous and can be interpreted on two things, she either wants to be with him or wants to do something big, i think she got it since she healed him and sought his acknowledgement, but still there's more to come and i believe it's connected to Naruto vs Sasuke.

the only thing i get from the summit is that different than what we got like "NS hug" "yamato's comments" moments where doesnt have any impact for development, i would say that thanks to this revelation, she started to see Naruto on a romantic light diferent than "friends only" which were moments were she display some kind of romantic affectin but leads to nowhere because they are discarded.

Most important she needed a confrontation with Sasuke which she got on the summit, she was crying on the same way as Ino which tells that she still had feelings for Sasuke an would be weird for her to pump up from nowhere and suddenly says that loves Naruto without confronting Sasuke.

After all the moments on the summit, Naruto comes and save her life when she was about to die because of her crush, Naruto saves her the impactfull moment that neither SS/NH has, which put NS on a high pedestal.
After that you can argue if she loves him or not, but that moment really changed NS.

On the end, she knows that Naruto is a way better guy than Sasuke but i do feel that she's more inclined to be with Naruto even if she has feelings for Sasuke which is the one of the main reasons why she will move on, she wants to be with Naruto i guess but that doesnt make her confession valid or honest, you cant pick up future chapters to make past ones valid, the summit and confession were development moments to me, it pushed Sakura for NS and at the same time she had the confrontation with Sasuke that she needed in order to move on.

She saw Sasuke and Naruto and putting them on a balance she favours way more Naruto than Sasuke which is the reason why she didnt fangirled and the reason why she was more after Naruto than Sasuke during the team 7 nostalgia chapters.

The summit made SS unlikely and worse having feelings for Sasuke is horrible for her character, i even understood before because she didnt confronted Sasuke but after her confrontation she cant hold those feelings anymore this is so true that her feelings arent shown, despite we got a confirmation that Naruto still loves Sakura.

So again, why does she need to confess anything at all, if she did not mean it?  Why say "I love you Naruto" if she did not feel that way for him? Protecting him? Manipulating him for his own good? She could do that just by tying to kill Sasuke, and go along with the plan without letting him know, But she wanted to talk to him. She could have just told him the truth instead of making up that so-called lie of  loving him if she did not feel that way. I get that you are trying to stick up for Sakura and love her character if she seemed manipulative, but in this case what is there to be manipulative about with that confession? She knows Naruto would not give up on Sasuke, and  clearly Naruto knows that himself. Sai even pointed it out that Sakura knew Naruto's response even before he would say a word, so there would be nothing to manipulate in that regard, no? In fact I think that Saying Sasuke did not mean two S***s to her anymore was the manipulative part, to both Naruto and herself. so she was not being manipulative on her confession, but in the fact that she pretended to cut off all ties and feelings for Sasuke.

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 October 2013 - 02:32 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#58 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

So again, why does she need to confess anything at all, if she did not mean it?  Why say "I love you Naruto" if she did not feel that way for him? Protecting him? Manipulating him for his own good? She could do that just by tying to kill Sasuke, and go along with the plan without letting him know, But she wanted to talk to him. She could have just told him the truth instead of making up that so-called lie of  loving him if she did not feel that way. I get that you are trying to stick up for Sakura and love her character if she seemed manipulative, but in this case what is there to be manipulative about with that confession? She knows Naruto would not give up on Sasuke, and  clearly Naruto knows that himself. Sai even pointed it out that Sakura knew Naruto's response even before he would say a word, so there would be nothing to manipulate in that regard, no? In fact I think that Saying Sasuke did not mean two S***s to her anymore was the manipulative part, to both Naruto and herself. so she was not being manipulative on her confession, but in the fact that she pretended to cut off all ties and feelings for Sasuke.

She believed doing the confession was the easiest way of lifiting Naruto's burden by breaking the promise by herself.

Sakura was under emotional pressure due to the suffering the made Naruto went though and Sasuke's evil actions.
She decided to end it by herself, so dont expect her to take a logical decision and being super intelligent when the manga shows that when her emotions are on the way she does bad decisions despite having the best of the intentions and she's hated because of it.

I would say she's was manipulative on the confession but it wasnt for her interests she was doing that for Naruto but it would be horrible because Naruto would figure out when they came back and worse that the others on the k11 also took part into it.

And second, by killing Sasuke she knew she could not do it and still went to kill just like she knew the confession would fail and despite did that anyway.

Just her plan of killing Sasuke was bound to fail since the begining, her destiny was to die which would hurt Naruto even more due to his promise to protect her and his feelings for Sakura.

She cant be blamed or hated because her intentions were noble, but cant deny that her decisions were bad and she cant be hated because of it because it's part of her characer, she cant control her emotions and it always won against her logical side.

I do agree with you that the point of the confession and the summit was to give Sakura the confrontation she needed against Sasuke, it's not reasonable for her to move on without even confronting Sasuke again.

But she got that and that's why for me there was the part where the love triangle started being resolved.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 06 October 2013 - 02:44 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#59 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

You know what i find funny ? When asked to explain the double standard - ''Within three chapters Sakura tired to kill Sasuke because she loved him and wanted to save him from darkness to Sakura failed to kill him because she loved him. Either way she loved him.''
any of the other sub sections of the fandom don't know how to do it . You''ll get a panel shoved in the face with Sai or Naruto saying '' She loves Sasuke so much'' ''She will kill him because bla bla '' which would make her confession selfish and that she DOESN"T love Naruto at all. People flip flop like pancakes and would even say ''Because Naruto is her best friend and Sasuke is her lover she did that because her friend was suffering and to end Sasuke's misery because she loves him'' Um,lol? I saw a pattern here. ^^ We are forgetting that Sakura didn't think about her feelings for a single second , in other words, she was selfless the whole time. IF she thought of her emotions she holds for Naruto and realized them back then it was game over then and there. But we have to prolong the pairing drama and give her that flashback + 540.

Folks  even bail out , which is very intriguing. This tells me that they pretty much know how much SAkura loves(loved) Naruto back then so she decided to end Sasuke's existence in order to relieve Naruto's burden , but will never admit it because for the simple reason their desires were destroyed back then or it depends on bad reading comprehension. Even if Sakura loves Naruto as a friend its still more powerful feeling than she will ever felt/feel for Sasuke. That's why when the tenchi bridge incident occurred her emotions were triggered and we got that in the manga even described (powerful emotion) .No matter what people say think or what ever that Sasuke is her true love and she loves him so much , it will be a lesser feeling in my eyes just because i can see how much she adores and cares for Naruto. 

Edited by Psychox, 06 October 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#60 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

She believed doing the confession was the easiest way of lifiting Naruto's burden by breaking the promise by herself.
Sakura was under emotional pressure due to the suffering the made Naruto went though and Sasuke's evil actions.
She decided to end it by herself, so dont expect her to take a logical decision and being super intelligent when the manga shows that when her emotions are on the way she does bad decisions despite having the best of the intentions and she's hated because of it.

I would say she's was manipulative on the confession but it wasnt for her interests she was doing that for Naruto but it would be horrible because Naruto would figure out when they came back and worse that the others on the k11 also took part into it.
And second, by killing Sasuke she knew she could not do it and still went to kill just like she knew the confession would fail and despite did that anyway.
Just her plan of killing Sasuke was bound to fail since the begining, her destiny was to die which would hurt Naruto even more due to his promise to protect her and his feelings for Sakura.
She cant be blamed or hated because her intentions were noble, but cant deny that her decisions were bad and she cant be hated because of it because it's part of her characer, she cant control her emotions and it always won against her logical side.

I do agree with you that the point of the confession and the summit was to give Sakura the confrontation she needed against Sasuke, it's not reasonable for her to move on without even confronting Sasuke again.
But she got that and that's why for me there was the part where the love triangle started being resolved.

But don't you think that argument can work against its self too? For instance, to "manipulate" Naruto means to plan things, out and if her confession was a means to manipulate him then that is contradictory cause you said she was under pressure and was emotionally distressed, so therefore cannot think "logically" like making up reasons for falling in love with him.

So clearly the whole thing is not entirely on impulse either. But the thoughts where we differ is that whether or not her confession was false. You say it was False if noble means to protect Naruto, I say it was genuine but came out wrong just be cause she tried to make it easier for him to forget Sasuke by saying she feels nothing for him anymore because she plans to kill him personally, and I would say that emotion completely took over her reason only when she hesitated to kill Sasuke. Plus I'd like to add if you're insistent to not add any thing post Chapter 469 as evidence of her feelings, that Sakura cries and shows emotional distress during Part II mostly when it Involves Naruto. If it was something else she would show a sad face and look sympathetic but not cry (except for When she learned Sasuke became an Akatsuki member). Well it's clear that we have different takes on this matter, so lets just leave it at that.   

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 October 2013 - 01:19 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users