122 replies to this topic

#41 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

NH fans say that with the last chapter Hinata is like Kushina because she protected Naruto in the same matter she did. Sorry but last I checked it was Neji who protected both Naruto and Hinata, that's why he's dead. In conclusion Neji/Kushina= this is the true parallel. laugh.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#42 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jan 3 2013, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NH fans say that with the last chapter Hinata is like Kushina because she protected Naruto in the same matter she did. Sorry but last I checked it was Neji who protected both Naruto and Hinata, that's why he's dead. In conclusion Neji/Kushina= this is the true parallel. laugh.gif

Minakushi protecting naruto parallels nejihina protecting naruto.

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#43 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (Chucky-kun @ Jan 3 2013, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Minakushi protecting naruto parallels nejihina protecting naruto.

This^
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#44 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

EXACTLY. It works against them, because that states Neji and Hinata are a couple that are protecting someone they have platonic/familial love for. *DUN DUN DUN*

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#45 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

There is a particular image of Sakura in a colorspread that always reminds me of this comparison:

I know there are a lot of other panels in that they remind each other, but that is just TOO MUCH ALIKE! omfg.gif

but she did that in the manga too.

Sig by karudoll

#46 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (Tsubaki @ Jan 7 2013, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is a particular image of Sakura in a colorspread that always reminds me of this comparison:

I know there are a lot of other panels in that they remind each other, but that is just TOO MUCH ALIKE! omfg.gif

but she did that in the manga too.

To be honest, that gesture's common in a lot of Japanese media as a sign of support, kinda like "Do your best!"

....Of course, in America, that's a very rude gesture, which led to the Bruce Ironstaunch minor meme.

#47 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (Tsubaki @ Jan 7 2013, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, THAT'S IT.

If there was any doubt that Kushina is meant to be a parallel of Sakura this pretty much clears it up. Kishi is not a fool, he knew what he was doing when he made Kushina have those mannerisms. The people that went to see Road to Ninja got it right, NaruSaku is the next generation MinaKushi.

#48 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Sakura is like Kushina in personality and looks! But if we compare the actual pairing MinaKushi to NaruSaku, there isn't a lot IMO. Minato was quiet and somewhat shy... nothing like Naruto and Sakura (Naruto looks like him because that's his dad). Although I like the bridal style parallel. wink.gif

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

#49 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jan 7 2013, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest, that gesture's common in a lot of Japanese media as a sign of support, kinda like "Do your best!"

....Of course, in America, that's a very rude gesture, which led to the Bruce Ironstaunch minor meme.

Maybe, but it does make you wonder....if it is just a gesture of support, how come Hinata doesn't do it? Or anyone else for that matter. Why is Sakura and Kushina the only ones seen doing it?

Edited by James S Cassidy, 08 January 2013 - 03:55 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (AnimeGirl_123 @ Jan 7 2013, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura is like Kushina in personality and looks! But if we compare the actual pairing MinaKushi to NaruSaku, there isn't a lot IMO. Minato was quiet and somewhat shy... nothing like Naruto and Sakura (Naruto looks like him because that's his dad). Although I like the bridal style parallel. wink.gif

Well, no parallel is supposed to be a carbon copy of NaruSaku. laugh.gif

Jiraiya acted perverted around Tsunade while Naruto was lovestruck with Sakura. Rin wasn't tsundere with Obito but Sakura is like that with Naruto.

The point is that Naruto is always portrayed as the embodiment of Minato while Sakura's mannerisms are deeply associated with Kushina's. Then add how both looked down on their respective boy, didn't believe in the beginning that they could become Hokage, have physical traits that they hated, but have their respective boy love that trait of them. The similarities are ridiculous.

Edited by redragon88, 08 January 2013 - 03:55 AM.

#51 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Jan 7 2013, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, no parallel is supposed to be a carbon copy of NaruSaku. laugh.gif

Jiraiya acted perverted around Tsunade while Naruto was lovestruck with Sakura. Rin wasn't tsundere with Obito but Sakura is like that with Naruto.

The point if that Naruto is always portrayed as the embodiment of Minato while Sakura's mannerisms are deeply associated with Kushina's. Then add how both looked down on their respective boy, didn't believe in the beginning that they could become Hokage, have physical traits that they hated, but have their respective boy love that trait of them. That similarities are ridiculous.

This is true. happy.gif

But if we compare NaruSaku to JiraiTsu and ObiRin... is that really a good thing? These pairings didn't happen and the parallels are uncanny. Unless we look at it this way: NaruSaku will be the pairing that succeeds, unlike the past. wink.gif

I thought Naruto represented both of his parents half and half. But I see what you mean. XD You can definitely see the similarities physically between NaruSaku and MinaKushi. ^.^ The difference with Sakura and Kushina though is that Kushina was a bully/tough right? Sakura was a cry baby until Ino saved her. I hope we get the bridal style save in the manga. RtN is fun but not exactly canon. I guess we did somewhat get it when Naruto saved Sakura from Sasuke and he gave Sasuke a death look like Minato gave a death look to the enemy while he saved Kushina.

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

#52 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jan 8 2013, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, it's something very common, I've seen this gesture in other mangas as well but in Naruto, only Naruto and Sakura did that gesture (At least I don't remember anyone else.) and both Sakura and Kushina had the same intention when they did that gesture: encourage Naruto.

But as I said, this picture always reminds me of that comparison but it isn't only because of this particular gesture, It's everything!!!! the shape of the face, the eyebrows, the eyes, the mouth is practically the same! even their clothes are similar!

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Jan 8 2013, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, THAT'S IT.

If there was any doubt that Kushina is meant to be a parallel of Sakura this pretty much clears it up. Kishi is not a fool, he knew what he was doing when he made Kushina have those mannerisms. The people that went to see Road to Ninja got it right, NaruSaku is the next generation MinaKushi.

when you have a few chapters to show the personality of a character and even more when you want your readers to make comparisons and then in that few chapters, you make that character be so much alike both physically and in personality with a character very well known by the fandom .. I think there's no way we make mistakes here right?!? pictureem0.gif

Sig by karudoll

#53 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Honestly, you can only asspull other to not make it a NaruSaku parallel. It's not just the characters' personality, it's the event that happened to them. Excluding the ending, it's what happened to them or rather, what's the setting of it. MinaKushi is similar to NaruSaku setting. You got a girl who doubted a boy to become a Hokage and hated her hair. Sounds familiar. Even if Kishi has the nerve to connect to something else, it wouldn't make much sense at all. NaruSaku fits 3 parallels: JiraTsu, ObiRin, and MinaKushi. It's like if you manage to connect one parallel with other pairing, you won't be able to connect the next. I would bet people would be upset to see that Kishi would do something that makes no sense. ObiRin has too much going on to be the old Team 7; therefore, connecting to something will be laughable and bad writing 101, and I'm a guy who don't often think bad writings.

Sorry, I know we are comparing with only two, so let me end this. The setup is already been done and there's no turning back. Kishi can't rewrite history of Minato and Kushina anymore, especially since it's recent. It doesn't help the movie was released recently, showing once again, Kushina being Kushina. He can't be like, "Oh btw, Kushina was a shy girl who already like your dad, but he was oblivious." Too late for that. Back to movie, it's actually coincidence that NaruSaku happened to be side-by-side with MinaKushi. Well anyway, Kushina and Sakura are the closest similarities as you can get. Anything else will be bad writing. Again, bad writing happens not because NS didn't happen, but because the flow of the story will be damaged badly. Say all you want to me about bias this bias that, but let's face it, it's just the way it flowed.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 08 January 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#54 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Jan 8 2013, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, you can only asspull other to not make it a NaruSaku parallel. It's not just the characters' personality, it's the event that happened to them. Excluding the ending, it's what happened to them or rather, what's the setting of it. MinaKushi is similar to NaruSaku setting. You got a girl who doubted a boy to become a Hokage and hated her hair. Sounds familiar. Even if Kishi has the nerve to connect to something else, it wouldn't make much sense at all. NaruSaku fits 3 parallels: JiraTsu, ObiRin, and MinaKushi. It's like if you manage to connect one parallel with other pairing, you won't be able to connect the next. I would bet people would be upset to see that Kishi would do something that makes no sense. ObiRin has too much going on to be the old Team 7; therefore, connecting to something will be laughable and bad writing 101, and I'm a guy who don't often think bad writings.

Sorry, I know we are comparing with only two, so let me end this. The damage is already been done and there's no turning back. Kishi can't rewrite history of Minato and Kushina anymore, especially since it's recent. It doesn't help the movie was released recently, showing once again, Kushina being Kushina. He can't be like, "Oh btw, Kushina was a shy girl who already like your dad, but he was oblivious." Too late for that. Back to movie, it's actually coincidence that NaruSaku happened to be side-by-side with MinaKushi. Well anyway, Kushina and Sakura are the closest similarities as you can get. Anything else will be bad writing. Again, bad writing happens not because NS didn't happen, but because the flow of the story will be damaged badly. Say all you want to me about bias this bias that, but let's face it, it's just the way it flowed.

Pretty much agree, but you are saying the damage has alreafy been done. What damage do you mean has been done so far?

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#55 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

I believe they're saying if Kishi suddenly decides "Oh well actually, it's HINATA that I was paralleling too.", then it's obvious that his writing is.... not good. The damage has already been done, most people already associate Kushina and Sakura, he's made them so similar on various points, to change it up now would be disaster and unrealistic.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#56 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (PhenixElite @ Jan 8 2013, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty much agree, but you are saying the damage has alreafy been done. What damage do you mean has been done so far?

Well, I meant to say setup, but damage can apply the same. It's best to say otherwise since damage sounds bad to begin with. The main point is Kushina is already connected and anyone else wouldn't work. Well, there's Karin, but let's be on the same page, shall we? tongue.gif

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jan 8 2013, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe they're saying if Kishi suddenly decides "Oh well actually, it's HINATA that I was paralleling too.", then it's obvious that his writing is.... not good. The damage has already been done, most people already associate Kushina and Sakura, he's made them so similar on various points, to change it up now would be disaster and unrealistic.

Pretty much. Even if he does connect someone else, I will still think the same because there's no other way around. It's not just the character. it's the situation/event that makes it parallel with NaruSaku.

#57 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Jan 8 2013, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I meant to say setup, but damage can apply the same. It's best to say otherwise since damage sounds bad to begin with. The main point is Kushina is already connected and anyone else wouldn't work. Well, there's Karin, but let's be on the same page, shall we? tongue.gif

Pretty much. Even if he does connect someone else, I will still think the same because there's no other way around. It's not just the character. it's the situation/event that makes it parallel with NaruSaku.

Ahh ok get it. About your sentence that NS not becoming canon isnt bad writing, but destroying the flow is bad writing:
Isnt that all bound together in some kind? The story shows us that sakura is similar with kushina, kushina tells naruto to find soneone like her. In the end naruto gets together with hinata whos not like kushina. Thats also going against the flow. So in somekind NS not becoming canon is bad writing too right?

#58 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (PhenixElite @ Jan 8 2013, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahh ok get it. About your sentence that NS not becoming canon isnt bad writing, but destroying the flow is bad writing:
Isnt that all bound together in some kind? The story shows us that sakura is similar with kushina, kushina tells naruto to find soneone like her. In the end naruto gets together with hinata whos not like kushina. Thats also going against the flow. So in somekind NS not becoming canon is bad writing too right?

Well, it all depends on the manga. Unfortunately for others, the flow really goes to NS in many ways. If you want to negate, you must rewrite history to make it work. For example, remove the whole K4 incident with Sakura and delete strong hint of Sakura having romantic feelings for Naruto. Those are one of the many examples, but to really make it work to your favor, rewrite Naruto's character. He can be a quitter, he can have more than one feelings, and well this is optional, don't have feelings for Sakura in the beginning. Do that and the manga can avoid bad writing. Sure, it's no longer the manga we all read, but at least something good come out of it. Right?

It's no wonder one guy said that Naruto falling for Sakura really follows the story. I agree, say whatever you want. To be honest, I'm trying to unbiased, but it's hard when you know that your pairing is the one that flows the story almost perfectly. One option can destroy it: destruction. This is like the game changer, but the consequence is huge. Damage the quality of the manga, lose fans and I believe fans can read well to know something went wrong, and lose reputation for the next manga (if he makes one). Something like that shows it in Bakuman, when a writer trying to make it edgier or at least tone it down, the fans will give a negative response. So yeah, take it or leave it, Sakura and Kushina is just as perfect as one can get.

#59 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Jan 8 2013, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it all depends on the manga. Unfortunately for others, the flow really goes to NS in many ways. If you want to negate, you must rewrite history to make it work. For example, remove the whole K4 incident with Sakura and delete strong hint of Sakura having romantic feelings for Naruto. Those are one of the many examples, but to really make it work to your favor, rewrite Naruto's character. He can be a quitter, he can have more than one feelings, and well this is optional, don't have feelings for Sakura in the beginning. Do that and the manga can avoid bad writing. Sure, it's no longer the manga we all read, but at least something good come out of it. Right?

It's no wonder one guy said that Naruto falling for Sakura really follows the story. I agree, say whatever you want. To be honest, I'm trying to unbiased, but it's hard when you know that your pairing is the one that flows the story almost perfectly. One option can destroy it: destruction. This is like the game changer, but the consequence is huge. Damage the quality of the manga, lose fans and I believe fans can read well to know something went wrong, and lose reputation for the next manga (if he makes one). Something like that shows it in Bakuman, when a writer trying to make it edgier or at least tone it down, the fans will give a negative response. So yeah, take it or leave it, Sakura and Kushina is just as perfect as one can get.

Very true. I tried to look at the manga in many different ways. I tried to find a way for kishi to make a pairing like NH canon without damaging the manga heavily, but i couldnt find one.
Its sad to think that kishi could ruin a story with that much potential.

Edited by PhenixElite, 08 January 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#60 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Jan 8 2013, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with this.

Going against the flow of the manga is worse than doing something just for fan-pleasing. It's all the simple fact that since the beginning things remained constant though out the manga. There were a few thing that did not change even when they have several chances to do so. To break this all of a sudden without warning or prior knowledge causes the audience to go "WTF?" and wonder what has happened. You can even see it when some of the other manga go through this scrutiny like Bleach for what I hear.

I am even willing to throw my shipping goggles away for this point. If NH had strong development throughout the manga, then I would have accepted it. I would be sad, but I would have accepted it. Since we know we are coming to the end of the manga, to all of a sudden something happens that had no development before is cause of bad writing. Especially when it is to just please just part of the fanbase.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users