• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

#41 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Dec 1 2009, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My assumption for now is just that it's incomplete. I suspect that it'll read a bit better for her with the full translation, but it'll still look like a blow to our ship. I'm not too bothered by that because it's not supposed to be perfectly smooth anyway. Kishi has to introduce some suspense (but I think he's overdoing it).

I know I think he is overdoing it myself, if this is a true spoiler. I still think its a bad translation on the part of the translator. It seem that whole sentence needs to be in the past tense in order for it to sound right I guess. I think it was meant as a pass tense not a real time tense.

#42 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Dec 1 2009, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know I think he is overdoing it myself, if this is a true spoiler. I still think its a bad translation on the part of the translator. It seem that whole sentence needs to be in the past tense in order for it to sound right I guess. I think it was meant as a pass tense not a real time tense.

It's too early and too incomplete for us to be giving it any real analysis and especially to be stressing over it.

#43 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Dec 1 2009, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's too early and too incomplete for us to be giving it any real analysis and especially to be stressing over it.

I agree, that it still to early to call it quits.

#44 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:47 PM

We might not have a full script, but the whole Sakura loving Sasuke thing is pretty clear cut. Don't need a full script to understand that. I'm not saying give up on the pairing or anything. Just make sure you don't cover your eyes to what's said.

Anyway....

SS - Trolled

Sakura - Trolled

NS - Trolled

This is basically 3 common factors in every chapter for the past couple months. Naruto being trolled over Sasuke is a given anymore, so I didn't list him.

Edited by Freakazoid, 01 December 2009 - 05:54 PM.

#45 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:56 PM

I still do not know to this day why Sakura ever loved Sasuke, could understand the infactuation but love? Kishi has not given a remotely plausable explanaition.

I'm thinking this is a bad translation, Sai would not tell Naruto Sakura still loves Sasuke when he was the one who forced Sakura to acknowledge Naruto's feeling and her own, if he told him so bluntly the reason it would be him who hurt Naruto more and actualy suggest he's working on behalf of Danzou to destablise Naruto and his resolve.

I'm thinking it's probalbly loved him, and feels she has to be the one who ends it before the only memories she has of him are bad ones (Though she had a total of um...two decent memories of him?) She probably also still feels the guilt of not being able to stop him in the first place. Kishi's messed up Sakura's charactor enough in the first part as it is, I doubt he'll ruin all the hard work he's put in her development in Shippuden with one simple sentence.

Either way i'm starting to wish Kishi stuck to his original lack of romace plot. All these revelations are just like unfinished fanfiction, story starts, progresses and then author loses interest and moves on to next fic. Naruto loves Sakura but won't pursue her because of a promise. Hinata declares her love, almost dies, gets revived and they haven't talked about it sinse, Sakura is made aware of Naruto's feelings declares her love and goes off to kill Sasuke, and now Sai tell Naruto she has gone to kill Sasuke because she loves(loved Sasuke. It's getting a tad bit annoying and i'm starting to think Kishi should take a leaf out of Oda's book and not bother with romance at all.

The plots confusing enough as it is at the moment with stuff going on left right and center, do we really need the argument over who is shipping with who addded to the mix?

iAnby7W.gif

#46 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:59 PM

Seems like Kishi is gonna just destroy all the action plot in Naruto really fast, then continue the manga for another 10 years doing nothing but dragging out the big 3 as much as he can. biggrin.gif

#47 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:09 PM

Gah, if he does that... might as well shift the Naruto manga over to Shojo Beat.

#48 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:30 PM

Me and a couple other guys at 2ch have been looking at the releases of the spoilers at 2ch, the spoiler itself came from the OP spoiler provider. I see the situation in a different way.

サスケの事が大好きだからこそこのまま悪へ突き進むサスケを放っておけず、それがたとえ大好きな人を自分の 手で殺めなければならない事になるとしてもそれがサスケを好きになったサクラなりの覚悟という もの
It's because she loves Sasuke that she can't just leave him pursuing his evil ends like this; even if it turns out that she has to kill a person she loves with her own hands, Sasuke whom she had fallen in love with, that is what Sakura is ready to do

It sounds like to me this statement came from the OP spoiler provider or could of been Sai. I'm actually glad to see Sakura face her past and show signs of her becoming a stronger ninja. Hopefully if the Sakura Vs. Sasuke fight does indeed happen it will give her the time to bring up the bench scene and put an end to her past that has burden her for so long. That in return would lead Sakura to know that she was in love with Naruto all along and Naruto saving her scene.

そして、風影がこれは八尾、九尾を守る戦争でもある。風影としてオレはお前を命懸けで守る。暁の配下として うちはサスケが立ちはだかるなら容赦はしない。
The Kazekage says, "This is a war to protect the Eight-Tails and Nine-Tails. As the Kazekage, I'll risk my life to protect you. I won't put up with it if Uchiha Sasuke were to stand in my way as one of the Akatsuki"

ナルト…お前はオレに"自分は火影になる男"だと言ったな…オレは風影になった。影の名を背負う覚悟を決め たなら サスケの友としてお前が本当にやるべき事をやれと言う
"Naruto...you once told me 'I'm the man who'll be Hokage'. Well I've become Kazekage. If you decided on carrying the burden of the Kage title, then as Sasuke's friend, do what truly needs to be done"

I'm glad to see Gaara slap Naruto with his wise words and hopefully Naruto will wake up and smell the coffee for once (get pass the Sasuke redemption BS and finally see him as a potential threat to the world)

一方その頃ダンゾウ達とマダラが戦闘開始で終わり
And while that's happening, Danzou and his posse begin fighting Madara

I think Madara is going to try to make an offer to Danzou. (You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours scenario, I'll help you become Hokage and leave Konoha alone if you help me in return)

#49 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

I really hope these translations are off or Kishi has something planning, because these are starting to read like a bad fan-fiction.

*begin rant now*

He is starting to make his characters look stupid now rather than the heroes they should be. We have Sakura who is indecisive, and if these translation are true, now is a big fat liar. What happened to the "No more mistakes" Sakura? I think you just did a big one right there lying to Naruto about it. Then we have Naruto who became this awesome hero in the earlier chapters to a near h*** with nothing but thoughts on resolving Sasuke. We then have Hinata who is here one moment and gone the next. Everyone forgot about her already which is pretty sad.

The NS/NH/SS shippers are all having field day with this one and it is only going to get worse before it gets better.

Sasuke...he is a still a jerk and self-driven. I still don't know how Sakura loves him, if she still does love him at all. It's like the girl falling love with the football jocky despite the jocky treating her less than human. I hate girl who thinks "abuse" means "love." While we have another guy, who loves her for all her being, just gets rejected and her being mean to them.

The only character that seems to be looking good right now is Sai and that ain't saying much.

What are you thinking Kishi? I mean I don't want to character bash, but ever since the Pain fight your writing style has gone to the bland teen angst. I know realism should play a role and everything, but these ambiguous confessions are making my brain hurt.

Sakura who do you friggin' love already? Naruto, why don't you act NOW before anything happens? Hinta, if you truly love Naruto be in the manga more often. Sai.....no wait your good Sai. Keep doing what you are doing. See Sakura, Naruto? Sai is the ONLY one making any sense now. Gaara too. They both know what needs to done.

I hope to god I am wrong. For one time I hope I am wrong, but I have a feeling Naruto is going to end up with Hinata in some bad fan-fiction type romance. Sakura is going to be with Sasuke because she has a revelation about not killing him. Sasuke will all of a sudden have a change of heart and become a good guy, he and Sakura live happily ever after. Madara gets killed some how, Tsunade dies, and so on and so forth.

I hope the dynamite at the end of this wick is going to make a big explosion because this wick is long man.

I know I going down a dark path with my thought, but I think of it this way. If I think negatively and the negative does happen, then I won't be disappointed. If the opposite of what I think happen, then I will be happy.

One thing though, Kishi needs to chill with the Sasuke theme. I am tired of hearing his name on EVERY page. I know he is a main character, but EVERYTHING in the manga is starting to revolve around him now. I really hope Sasuke does die, but he is annoying now.

*end rant*

Whew, okay I feel better now. Oh and Uzumakikage, I think that would be the best outcome out of all of this and I hope your theory is more correct.

Gaara somewhat remind me of Dumbledore a little bit in the one Harry Potter book where he tells Harry "This is the moment in which we have to choose between what is right and what is easy" and "With great power comes great responsibility (Spider-man)" kind of thing.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 01 December 2009 - 06:54 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 1 2009, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gaara somewhat remind me of Dumbledore a little bit in the one Harry Potter book where he tells Harry "This is the moment in which we have to choose between what is right and what is easy" and "With great power comes great responsibility (Spider-man)" kind of thing.

Tell you the truth, i think even Gaara would make a better main character than Sasuke...and your right, the manga revolves around Sasuke...everything is Sasuke this, and Sasuke that now lol...is getting kind of annoying...i miss Jiraiya, ever since his death...this manga has been somewhat going downhill...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#51 kawarimi

kawarimi

Monster ga kuru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Dec 1 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Badly transated on purpose by Sasusaku shippers. Read correctly it's was in love with, not current but past tense. It's screamingly obvious it's all meant to be past tense even if can't read Japanese by the torturous backflips in this line- "Sasuke whom she had fallen in love with, that is what Sakura is ready to do" Ugh. (I remind you also, all the spoiler providers seen on NF and mangahelpers are also Sasusaku shippers.)

Please don't bash Sho. First, you are wrong in accusing him of SasuSaku bias - he is actually a non-shipper. Second, as a translator I don't mind corrections from other translations. However, it is usually insulting to have it come from people who don't know the language and are 99% of the time wrong in their attempt at accusations and corrections.

For example, "suki ni natta" (fell in love) is written in past tense (as was translated by Sho), but I believe it is always written that way, or at least that's how I always see it written. The phrase doesn't mean someone loved another in the past and no longer does now. It means the person came to love them already, not a distinction that they no longer do now. If you actually read and understood the whole spoiler, you would have seen "dai suki dakara", which is present tense (as was translated by Sho). I would think if it was meant to be taken as past tense, the phrase would have been written in past tense as "dai suki dattakara" and would have had other indicators that her love was only in the past but that is no longer the case in the present. And "dai suki na hito" also implies present tense (as was translated by Sho).

That being said, this is a very short spoiler summary and from a OP spoiler provider so I'd wait until the full script before drawing conclusions. But I just wanted to show that the translation was correct based on the text provided and for people who don't know the language to please stop making accusations otherwise.

#52 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:44 PM

Then we have Naruto who became this awesome hero in the earlier chapters to a near h*** with nothing but thoughts on resolving Sasuke.

To be fair, this has been par the course for the manga. Sasuke's been the backdrop of the whole thing. We're getting closer to the end anyways, so the situation would take precedence.

We then have Hinata who is here one moment and gone the next. Everyone forgot about her already which is pretty sad.

Why does this surprise you? Hinata hasn't really played an important role in anything; we had one pep talk hundreds of chapters ago and a quick appearance here and there. She's easily among the least consequential of the Rookie Nine - I think Shino would take the title of most inconsequential outright - and basically was relegated to a mere plot device to get Naruto to power up into a higher kyuubi mode.

Also, her last real plots been resolved. She confessed. That was the last - and if we're being honest, the only - thing the character had to be done. I'm not going to be surprised if she doesn't show up again; she has little to no stake in the Sasuke business, which leaves her with little reason to play a large role in anything but a background shot.

Edited by dl316bh, 01 December 2009 - 08:45 PM.

bd5.jpg

#53 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:49 PM

Not sure why anyone is suprised at these revelations at all.

First off contextually I see no evidence to show that Sakura was lying about her feelings for Naruto in the slightest.

Second weve already established the where, when, why and how of Sakura dalling in love with Sasuke, and the reasons she has to confront him.

lastly the fact that she is going to kill the very person she First fell in love with says a lot. Thats a sacrafice shes willing to make which is as big a sacrafice as narutos POAL. its a sacrafice which could drive Naruto into the very arms of Hinata. and leave her alone for the rest of her life.

The manga seems to be proceeding apace and we now have Sakuras confrontation with Sasuke to look forward to.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#54 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:52 PM

its a sacrafice which could drive Naruto into the very arms of Hinata.

I doubt that. Naruto's barely even paid attention to Hinata. He basically even ignored her confession. She's not even on his radar. She's just there; he's important to her but in his world she's basically off planet.

Edited by dl316bh, 01 December 2009 - 08:53 PM.

bd5.jpg

#55 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:52 PM

Please don't bash Sho. First, you are wrong in accusing him of SasuSaku bias - he is actually a non-shipper. Second, as a translator I don't mind corrections from other translations. However, it is usually insulting to have it come from people who don't know the language and are 99% of the time wrong in their attempt at accusations and corrections.

How do you know? Ciardha, knows a lot about the language herself. I believe this is a badly translated peace done in a rush or something. Holy dang dude, its one of the best debaters on that forum. Nice to see you back, here at H&E.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 01 December 2009 - 08:56 PM.

#56 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Dec 1 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Badly transated on purpose by Sasusaku shippers. Read correctly it's was in love with, not current but past tense. It's screamingly obvious it's all meant to be past tense even if can't read Japanese by the torturous backflips in this line- "Sasuke whom she had fallen in love with, that is what Sakura is ready to do" Ugh. (I remind you also, all the spoiler providers seen on NF and mangahelpers are also Sasusaku shippers.)

No bashing of other pairing fandoms, please, thank you.

#57 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:54 PM

How do you know?

He/she probably knows Sho personally elsewhere on the net.
bd5.jpg

#58 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Dec 1 2009, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He/she probably knows Sho personally elsewhere on the net.

True, this is what I thought too.

#59 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (kawarimi @ Dec 1 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For example, "suki ni natta" (fell in love) is written in past tense (as was translated by Sho), but I believe it is always written that way, or at least that's how I always see it written. The phrase doesn't mean someone loved another in the past and no longer does now. It means the person came to love them already, not a distinction that they no longer do now. If you actually read and understood the whole spoiler, you would have seen "dai suki dakara", which is present tense (as was translated by Sho). I would think if it was meant to be taken as past tense, the phrase would have been written in past tense as "dai suki dattakara" and would have had other indicators that her love was only in the past but that is no longer the case in the present. And "dai suki na hito" also implies present tense (as was translated by Sho).

That being said, this is a very short spoiler summary and from a OP spoiler provider so I'd wait until the full script before drawing conclusions. But I just wanted to show that the translation was correct based on the text provided and for people who don't know the language to please stop making accusations otherwise.

Thanks.

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Dec 1 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you know? Ciardha, knows a lot about the language herself. I believe this is a badly translated peace done in a rush or something. Its true THAT most, SASUKE X SAKURA shippers post in Nf Holy dang dude, its one of the best debaters on that forum. Nice to see you back, here in H&E

I believe that she studied it in college and spent a year there.

'Sides, innera didn't say anything about the translation other than we should wait for the full script.

#60 kawarimi

kawarimi

Monster ga kuru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Dec 1 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you know? Ciardha, knows a lot about the language herself. I believe this is a badly translated peace done in a rush or something. Holy dang dude, its one of the best debaters on that forum. Nice to see you back, here at H&E.

I do know Sho personally, and I minored in Japanese. I've read posts by Ciardha explaining that she has had no formal study of Japanese but has just picked up the language a little from reading manga. That and it's usually pretty obvious when someone doesn't actually know how to translate a language when you know how to yourself.

Nick Soapdish can verify that I have studied the language if you want someone else to validate my claim to understand the language.

Edit: I see he already did, thanks Nick. smile.gif

Although I only lived there for 3 months. Had to get back to finishing my engineering degree but I would have loved to have stayed longer. tongue.gif

Edited by kawarimi, 01 December 2009 - 09:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users