181 replies to this topic

#41 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

I'll be brief. I like her character, she is an okay girl and I support her character development. Just do not agree with the notion that she should be with Naruto, and that any fan who says otherwise to the point of unreasonableness or over-exaggerates on how she is such a wonderful character and is better than Sakura and the like is not tolerable to me. Overall I can relate to her, and think she could be a great character if she lost her Naruto based persona. And this extends to any character that whose sole driving motivation is based on just one person. I may like such a character but never more than that unless they change; they would not be my favorite or anything near such at all.

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 March 2013 - 02:00 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#42 Pink Chidori

Pink Chidori

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Mar 29 2013, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be brief. I like her character, she is an okay girl and I support her character development. Just do not agree with the notion that she should be with Naruto, and that any fan who says otherwise to the point of unreasonableness or over-exaggerates on how she is such a wonderful character and is better than Sakura and the like is not tolerable to me. Overall I can relate to her, and think she could be a great character if she lost her Naruto based persona. And this extends to any character that whose sole driving motivation is based on just one person. I may like such a character but never more than that unless they change; they would not be my favorite or anything near such at all.

It's fine if you do not agree with her being with Naruto, because not everyone has the same preferences in pairing. I also agree that the notion that she is "better" than Sakura and the like is intolerable. Who is a "better" character is subjective. I personally like them both the same, but the same is not true with everyone.

I personally enjoy that her inspiration came from Naruto. When you think about it, a lot of the characters grew inspiration from others. And a few of them were from Naruto as well.

Gaara from Naruto to trust in others which made him who he is now, Neji from Naruto to "learn to defy fate" instead of living by it, from Naruto, Hinata gained the drive she needed to help prove her worth.

But I understand the wishing that Hinata wasn't so centered around Naruto. I would have enjoyed more Team 8 focus in general. I wanted to see more into their lives and such.

20ic8s1.png

✧Big Three Shipper
           |NaruSaku|NaruHina|SasuSaku|

#43 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (Pink Chidori @ Mar 29 2013, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's fine if you do not agree with her being with Naruto, because not everyone has the same preferences in pairing. I also agree that the notion that she is "better" than Sakura and the like is intolerable. Who is a "better" character is subjective. I personally like them both the same, but the same is not true with everyone.

I personally enjoy that her inspiration came from Naruto. When you think about it, a lot of the characters grew inspiration from others. And a few of them were from Naruto as well.

Gaara from Naruto to trust in others which made him who he is now, Neji from Naruto to "learn to defy fate" instead of living by it, from Naruto, Hinata gained the drive she needed to help prove her worth.

But I understand the wishing that Hinata wasn't so centered around Naruto. I would have enjoyed more Team 8 focus in general. I wanted to see more into their lives and such.

[/b]

Yes. Definitely. I mean I would not mind the Idea of Hinata being with Naruto so much if the hardcore NH fans weren't trying to ram it everyone's throats. And hating on Sakura is not justified because I have every reason to to Love her as much as they love Hinata. Oh, and if you did not get this from me already, welcome to Heaven and Earth! happy.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 March 2013 - 03:10 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#44 Pink Chidori

Pink Chidori

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Mar 29 2013, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. Definitely. I mean I would not mind the Idea of Hinata being with Naruto so much if the hardcore NH fans weren't trying to ram it everyone's throats. And hating on Sakura is not justified because I have every reason to to Love her as much as they love Hinata. Oh, and if you did not get this from me already, welcome to Heaven and Earth! happy.gif

I'm sure the same may very well hold true with NH, SS, and other shippers as well. In every fandom there are trolls and people who want to bash others for their opinion or preference. You can dislike something without putting others down for it or labeling them a certain way because of said preference. And you're right, you have every reason to love her just as people love Hinata, and vice versa. And thanks for the welcome Phantom!

20ic8s1.png

✧Big Three Shipper

#45 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

Young girl no one is saying that it's wrong to love Hinata, what people are saying here is that Hinata has her flaws
while most of the ones who likes her doesn't want to admit or accept those flaws, it doesn't matter if she's polite with others, respectful to her elders if she only cares about one human being that doesn't makes her a great person, how do we know Sakura cares about others and not only one person, is because she was shown to be concern about other, the same goes for, other good characters that regularly gets panel time.

Tell me do you agree with the fact that Itachi loved Sasuke so much that he decided to wipe out his clan to avoid Konaha from killing Sasuke? After all we know for fact that he was bribed by Danzu when he told him Sasuke or his clan.

Can you compare Anime Hinata who spend time with her Teammates, spend time with Kurenai, share time with Neji, try free Naruto first vs the Hinata from the Manga who has done nothing of that? If Kishimoto can show other character worrying about their close ones and friends, why he can't do the same for Hinata, that panel were she disregarded Neji after holding her crush had was awful something that shows me that either Kishi is a terrible writer or he is doing it on purpose.
Honestly I don't want to imagine what would of happen is the Anime Team weren't some huge Hinata fan boys?

Hinata is shy, respectful, likeable person, sweet and many other qualities you can mention that makes her a good character but she has not shown to care about any other person that isn't Naruto plus what hurt her character even more is the fact that they are in the middle of a war that will decide the future of the world but Hinata is more concern about being equal to Naruto and holding his hands, it might be good for people who only care about the pairing, but not for Hinata the characters fan.

Sakura part one was hated because of that behavior and still hated for that reason while AU Hinata and normal Hinata are excused and loved even more.

Lastly I don't believe a woman should devote her life for one person because if that person dies or doesn't want to share those feelings with her then her life will feel empty and that is exactly what happen when Hinata thought that Naruto would die against Pain she almost throw her life away she could not accept the idea of living with out him, unless she really thought she could beat Pain even when she admited that she knew she was no match for him.

So please don't come here saying that Don-kun is bashing Hinata, bashing is calling a character useless, B, Stup**, etc. I didn't use any of that I only describe the character according to what the Manga has presented me so far.

#46 Moriarty

Moriarty

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Movies, T.V Series, Books, CD

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (Don-kun @ Mar 30 2013, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Young girl no one is saying that it's wrong to love Hinata, what people are saying here is that Hinata has her flaws
while most of the ones who likes her doesn't want to admit or accept those flaws, it doesn't matter if she's polite with others, respectful to her elders if she only cares about one human being that doesn't makes her a great person, how do we know Sakura cares about others and not only one person, is because she was shown to be concern about other, the same goes for, other good characters that regularly gets panel time.

Lastly I don't believe a woman should devote her life for one person because if that person dies or doesn't want to share those feelings with her then her life will feel empty and that is exactly what happen when Hinata thought that Naruto would die against Pain she almost throw her life away she could not accept the idea of living with out him, unless she really thought she could beat Pain even when she admited that she knew she was no match for him.

So please don't come here saying that Don-kun is bashing Hinata, bashing is calling a character useless, B, Stup**, etc. I didn't use any of that I only describe the character according to what the Manga has presented me so far.

Adult that doesn't seem to understand that Pink Chidori is a young adult.

What she is saying is that these people express their dislike with an opinion that has no standing, nothing but shallow perception, an unfair description of her character. And let me tell you, I like Hinata and that includes her flaws, I am not going to tear her apart because she is a little weak, or little this or that. Which a lot of characters have. Also, her flaws don't define who she is, there are other aspects to her character that makes her a fleshed out character.

Firstly what you believe a woman should and should not do is none of your business. And your perception of what a woman should or shouldn't do with HER life doesn't make her any less of a person.
Devotion to a person doesn't mean they stop living, people who don't get past losing somebody are not mentally healthy. Which rather than Hinata, it sounds more like Sakura. She can't get over Sasuke, she knows it's no good but you don't think any less of her. Might I add that your argument is completely and utterly untrue there was never indication that that was her motive for jumping in.

The way you describe is not how she is portrayed. You may have some key-terms down but what you use to define those key-terms and how you feel about it, doesn't not equal her character.

Fornication Under the Command of the King.

"No Rush"

#47 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (Moriarty @ Mar 30 2013, 05:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Adult that doesn't seem to understand that Pink Chidori is a young adult.

What she is saying is that these people express their dislike with an opinion that has no standing, nothing but shallow perception, an unfair description of her character.
And let me tell you, I like Hinata and that includes her flaws, I am not going to tear her apart because she is a little weak, or little this or that. Which a lot of characters have. Also, her flaws don't define who she is, there are other aspects to her character that makes her a fleshed out character.

Firstly what you believe a woman should and should not do is none of your business. And your perception of what a woman should or shouldn't do with HER life doesn't make her any less of a person.
Devotion to a person doesn't mean they stop living, people who don't get past losing somebody are not mentally healthy. Which rather than Hinata, it sounds more like Sakura. She can't get over Sasuke, she knows it's no good but you don't think any less of her. Might I add that your argument is completely and utterly untrue there was never indication that that was her motive for jumping in.

The way you describe is not how she is portrayed. You may have some key-terms down but what you use to define those key-terms and how you feel about it, doesn't not equal her character.

If you disagree why dont you just leave it as be?
They think she's shallow as so do i because i have claims to backup, and they also too, if you disagree there's no reason to come here and post, becasue if you guys are so determined to show us that Hinata is not shallow why come here?
You're trying to prove something to yourselves not us, if she was not shallow you guys would leave us and ignore us but no want just to force a thinking full of double standards and some false logic.
Naruto is the center of Hinata's attention, even her speech to herself "should i care about Naruto or Kiba" and then she give the ointment to Naruto who's not even her teammate.
Also with Neji who's not shown a single flashback of their interaction to show that he was important to her or even a single panel of her thinking about Neji anything instead of just ignoring that he died.

Also about the bolded if you deeply disagree there's no reason to force your thinking on us becasue it's full of flaws that we already said so many times and you ignore or better refuse to acknowledge and mostly important since the two sides will never reach an agreement the debate is pointless since the begining it's just a thread to force a opinion of one/two or even a fandom's opinion and the NS fans opinions are discarded because they simply dislike Hinata no matter what they reasons they have NH fans will always come here and say "you're wrong" she's not like that and reach into a full circle of disagreement.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 30 March 2013 - 11:24 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#48 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 30 2013, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you disagree why dont you just leave it as be?
They think she's shallow as so do i because i have claims to backup, and they also too, if you disagree there's no reason to come here and post, becasue if you guys are so determined to show us that Hinata is not shallow why come here?
You're trying to prove something to yourselves not us, if she was not shallow you guys would leave us and ignore us but no want just to force a thinking full of double standards and some false logic.
Naruto is the center of Hinata's attention, even her speech to herself "should i care about Naruto or Kiba" and then she give the ointment to Naruto who's not even her teammate.
Also with Neji who's not shown a single flashback of their interaction to show that he was important to her or even a single panel of her thinking about Neji anything instead of just ignoring that he died.

Also about the bolded if you deeply disagree there's no reason to force your thinking on us becasue it's full of flaws that we already said so many times and you ignore or better refuse to acknowledge and mostly important since the two sides will never reach an agreement the debate is pointless since the begining it's just a thread to force a opinion of one/two or even a fandom's opinion and the NS fans opinions are discarded because they simply dislike Hinata no matter what they reasons they have NH fans will always come here and say "you're wrong" she's not like that and reach into a full circle of disagreement.

I don't know about you but I don't believe everyone here hates Hinata, speaking for myself she might not be my favorite character but I don't hate her in fact I wish many good things for her is just that I don't support NH.
Her fandom might annoy me sometimes with their extreme hates towards Sakura and intense Hinata glorification.

But the same way I can point out the things that I don't like about Hinata, I will do it with Sakura who did annoy me in the past and in a more intense way towards Naruto who annoys me 10 times more than any other character in this Manga.

Does that means that I hate Sakura and Naruto because I can point out their flaws without a problem?

Edited by Don-kun, 30 March 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#49 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (Don-kun @ Mar 30 2013, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about you but I don't believe everyone here hates Hinata, speaking for myself she might not be my favorite character but I don't hate her in fact I wish many good things for her just that I don't support NH.
Her fandom might annoy me sometimes with their extreme hates towards Sakura and intense Hinata glorification.

But the same way I can point out the things that I don't like about Hinata, I will do it with Sakura who did annoy me in the past and in a more intense way towards Naruto who annoys me 10 times more than any other character in this Manga.

Does that means that I hate Sakura and Naruto because I can point out their flaws without a problem?

I dont think this was the point of my post, i also dislike her not hate her, her attitude towards Naruto is the same of Sakura on part 1.

Let's pick as an example 573, everyone made an speech saying they would do their best to support Naruto, Sakura think how amazing Naruto become as an shinobi, and Hinata thought about "Naruto i'll stop chasing you, but next time i'll be there holding your hand and walking with you" this is an example of selfish speech.

There are people who dislike Hinata some hates and other's are indifferent but everyone one pratically agree that she's selfish and one dimensional then comes Nh fans claiming she's not we post proof of this and they reject, looks like they got butthurt everytime we say she's selfish.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 30 March 2013 - 12:12 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#50 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 30 2013, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think this was the point of my post, i also dislike her not hate her, her attitude towards Naruto is the same of Sakura on part 1.

Let's pick as an example 573, everyone made an speech saying they would do their best to support Naruto, Sakura think how amazing Naruto become as an shinobi, and Hinata thought about "Naruto i'll stop chasing you, but next time i'll be there holding your hand and walking with you" this is an example of selfish speech.

There are people who dislike Hinata some hates and other's are indifferent but everyone one pratically agree that she's selfish and one dimensional then comes Nh fans claiming she's not we post proof of this and they reject, looks like they got butthurt everytime we say she's selfish.

Sorry I over read your post. sweatdrop.gif

But I also wanted to make a point to those two user who perhaps don't know how critical I can be about Naruto and Sakura.
I might not do it here because I don't think this it's the right place to do it but the way I describe Naruto is a lot harsher than the way I describe Hinata and that was a point that I wanted to make, I don't put up with characters irrational behaviors or try to justify they every move just because I like them.

#51 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Don-kun @ Mar 30 2013, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry I over read your post. sweatdrop.gif

But I also wanted to make a point to those two user who perhaps don't know how critical I can be about Naruto and Sakura.
I might not do it here because I don't think this it's the right place to do it but the way I describe Naruto is a lot harsher than the way I describe Hinata and that was a point that I wanted to make, I don't put up with characters irrational behaviors or try to justify they every move just because I like them.

I was also critical but i do understand Sakura and Hinata, the only things that they have in common is that kishi pulls back their development, a lot of times Kishimoto give an impression that Hinata would not be so Naruto centered, i'll start on part 2, jump to pain's arc, first she says to the random ninja of her clan -> i'm the heir of the clan i have to take care of you it's my responsability but later she shows only concern about Naruto and even on the arc it's Neji who's leading alongside with a character that got introduced just to lead her clan, and even 573 and 615.
Hinata still is shy and does stutter when close ot naruto minus when he's in danger like 615, the picture and even 615 shows her a bit shy having a distance from Naruto.

With Sakura, kishimoto overcome a lot of her flaws she had on part 1, on the begining shows an huge care about Naruto to override her attitude when she said she wanted to leave the village along with Sasuke and abandon Naruto, second he showed her as the main heroine having a solo battler with Chyio against Sasori a stuff that Hinata never had, beating up Sasori and helping Naruto with his quest for Sasuke, shwoing care and even cheer up him lots of time, later he destroy the argument that she's selfish for haters, with the confession, and prepare the ground for NS to be canon but all the times when the readers expect that she already moved on kishi pulls chapters showing she still loves Sasuke.

It's the same with Hinata everytime kishimoto shows intentions that Hinata will get over her "Naruto is everything that matters" Kishimoto pull things like her thought about Naruto's hand on 615.

For me it's a foreshadowing that later Hinata will get over this and Sakura will fall in love with Naruto.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 30 March 2013 - 12:45 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#52 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Don-kun @ Mar 30 2013, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about you but I don't believe everyone here hates Hinata, speaking for myself she might not be my favorite character but I don't hate her in fact I wish many good things for her is just that I don't support NH.

I agree with this entirely. I hate part 1 sakura mostly because of the way she treated Naruto and also because of her fangirling. However Sakura has changed, and a hell of a lot too!!!

I dont hate/dislike Hinata, i just don't think NH is right as a pair. She is practically a carbon copy of part 1 Sakura to Sasuke just shy and quite rather then loud and brash. I too wish her good things like her being able to release herself from obsession towards Naruto and find someone who will make her happy.

As for the NH fandom, most of them are Sakura haters and thus are very hard to deal with.

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 30 2013, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bolded: agreed

40283620121415711s.jpg

#53 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

I like all the K11, which means I like Hinata. I don't mind anything about her character except that she's very teeny-weeny when she talks. Sometimes, she doesn't show it like in 615 for the sake of development. But, in overall, she's still somewhat babyish. I'm not surprised that her character is like that cause it's typical to have a character in that way and who's interested in the protagonist. But, Kishi has made it over with her shyness sometimes. Her shyness has decreased, but it's still there and shown. Plus, I think the shy trait will always be in her character.

As for the developments, they're great. But, I don't like when Kishi has to do some fan servicing regarding her and NH. Example, ch. 615. Kishi begins with her development and make the point then he stretch it with some panels like showing her and showing her with Naruto, which he could just not do it. She had two major development parts. The try to protect Naruto from Pain isn't that much fan servicing, but 615, dear God, it was putted so much fan servicing in all the ways that connects her fans cause it was her major development, and probably the last one if she doesn't get to talk with Naruto. But, I understand the man.

Hinata, for me, isn't a threat to NS at all. From the day I started reading/watching Naruto till this minute, and till the last chapter, she hasn't been an opposing to NS. She was a side character who has an affection for the protagonist. Period. Like many other manga I have read and watched that has the same thing in them. The only surprise I got is when I decided to web surf the internet about Naruto, and began to saw " NH this " and " NH that " !

I believe that the future Hinata will be better than now, hopefully. Now, she's a good character but she has flaws that affects her character a lot.

That's all I have for now in my mind XD

Edited by T XD, 30 March 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#54 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

*Takes deep breath*

OK, I wanted to make sure that my mind was cleared before actually posting here. I have to admit that some Hinata fans (and I stress the word "some") have made my opinion about Hinata drop a bit (which is actually a mistake, and I apologize for that). With that partially out of the way (we have to admit that there will always be remains of bias), I think I can finally give my opinion about Hinata. First of all, I must say that to me, she is a side character (. As such, it comes to no surprise that her development is not as big as the development of other characters. Lastly, we have to keep in mind that Kishimoto admitted that he sucks at handling female characters. With these details in mind, let's talk about Hinata.

Background and Personality: Coming from a family full of pride, Hinata's self-esteem was heavily affected when she was unable to be "as powerful as Neji". Comparing siblings (or cousins in this case) can seriously affect someone emotionally, and thus, I feel kinda sorry for Hinata, since part of the fact that she is so shy and withdrawn is thanks to how her clan treated her. With little confidence in herself, and with pretty much no one in her family to support her, she would, of course, be surprised to see someone who had the same circumstances as her, yet take another decision: Naruto. His determination to be acknowledged and to become stronger inspired her to become a better person. And of course, this would make her fall for him.

Now, what do I think of her personality: Sadly, I must admit that I'm not too happy about her personality. As many members have said, her shyness in part 1 was acceptable. However, part 2 is pretty much the call for each character to reduce their flaws and improve their virtues. Now, I won't speak about what she thinks of Naruto. I want to touch here the confidence she has on herself. I'm just going to use pretty much the last few scenes she has been on:

-Chapter 559: We are already at part two and in a war. Yes, you got rescued by Naruto, but you were displaying your abilities in this war. If you're still alive then you are indeed strong, so why doubt yourself. This is what I don't like about her: after almost 3 years, she still has no confidence in herself ("I guess I really am no good" - Hinata - chapter 559). This is what she needs to improve. I will admit here, that if she finally breaks out of her shell of low self-confidence and believe in herself instead of thinking that she needs Naruto to be strong (chapter 615 gives me a slight hint that she will not feel safe by herself, but that's just my opinion), I will finally like her.

Abilities: Well, I don't think I have much to discuss here. She is good and her abilities (the control of her chakra with the gentle palm and her byakugan) make her a good fighter with a good potential. I partly blame Kishi for not showing enough of all the female characters when it comes to battles, but again, he said that he's bad as handling female characters, so yeah....

As a Moe: Well, I can say there there are better Moe characters than her, but again, handling of her character. Her exodus of her low self-confidence will be the key to make her a good Moe character.

Finally, the sensitive topic: Her crush on Naruto... OK, here's something I dislike about Hinata when it comes to Naruto. Is not the fact that she loves him or not, but the fact that she is not thinking of his wishes and his dreams. Yes, she might support his dream of becoming stronger and eventually becomes Hokage, but I must ask: is she supporting the fact that Naruto loves Sakura? This is what creates controversy, but let's face it: Naruto loves Sakura. As such, Hinata's goal should be Naruto's happiness before her own. Now, taking her speech in chapter 573 into mind, I have to ask: when was she thinking of Naruto in her speech. No, I don't mean her name, I actually mean thinking of Naruto. Let's see her speech to show you what I mean:

"Naruto-kun. I've always been chasing you... even now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all. Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand, walking with you. Wait for me."

I must ask: when did she said that Naruto is having a tough battle and that she is going to support him? When did she said that he needs to be careful and that he should not be reckless in battle, taking all the tasks for himself (and I'm not thinking abotu Sakura's speech here. I'm actually thinking about Itachi's speech)? She is not thinking about him in this speech. She is only thinking about what she wants, and this is what actually makes my opinion about her to become an opinion that is not good. You can even go to every other character speech in this chapter and in one way or another, most of then wish Naruto to be OK and are ready to support him. My opinion gets an ever more solid base when we touch chapter 615. Yes, she did give him a great support speech, but she ends up thinking about how "she" feels safe holding Naruto's hand. She needs to stop thinking about herself and actually think about Naruto's wishes in order to make her development a good one.

So overall, she is a good character (if we compare the side characters, she has had a considerable screen time when compare to other characters like Shino and Ten Ten), but she has to overcome a few hurdles (1-Her low self-confidence, 2-Her vision about Naruto and 3-The support to make the man she loves happy; something that other Moe characters have overcome in their respective series: like Shinobu Maehara, Inoue Orihime and Teletha "Tessa" Testarossa) to go from an OK character to a good character.

#55 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 28 2013, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also add the fact that when someome died comes a development, Shikamaru, Ino and CHouji,Sai,Lee had a development as whole, learned a lesson and made they think about their lives and friends, Hinata didnt had this at all, not even a single flashback or an interaction between her and Neji.

Seemd like he wasnt important to her, even on Neji's flashbacks Hinata wasnt that important, looks like she has no one.

All the development she got on the arc was Naruto speech saying she was strong and nothing more.
Also this is why i disagree that she cares about the others or better than they arent special to her, all the development she got to do on 615 it was only because of a single speech from Naruto.
The Hinata you described is the one who appears on fillers she's not canon.

Couldn't of said it myself pal, btw love the new sig!

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#56 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

Hinata's an alright character. I like that she can become confident and strong when the situation calls for it.

I'm going to be frank and say that the only real reason I have trouble with her *is* because she's so romantically focused on Naruto. Although I don't think her affection is inherently bad, I just don't care for NaruHina, haha.

When you think about it although she mainly becomes important to the plot when Naruto's involved, Sakura's situation is not much different. Years ago Sakura had a little focus outside of Naruto and Sasuke while fighting Sasori, but in recent times she's being used to drive the romance arc and really not much else. Difference is is that the drama for Sakura is between Sasuke and Naruto, while Hinata its just Naruto.

#57 swagosaurus

swagosaurus

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

Hinata bores me. But she's an alright character. I guess she's just...bland.

She also relies on Naruto for strength way too much. It's not cute, either; it's sad.

Edited by swagosaurus, 30 March 2013 - 06:30 PM.

I'm Swag. I'm a seventeen year old Canadian that hates everything.

#58 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Mar 30 2013, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hinata's an alright character. I like that she can become confident and strong when the situation calls for it.

I'm going to be frank and say that the only real reason I have trouble with her *is* because she's so romantically focused on Naruto. Although I don't think her affection is inherently bad, I just don't care for NaruHina, haha.

When you think about it although she mainly becomes important to the plot when Naruto's involved, Sakura's situation is not much different. Years ago Sakura had a little focus outside of Naruto and Sasuke while fighting Sasori, but in recent times she's being used to drive the romance arc and really not much else. Difference is is that the drama for Sakura is between Sasuke and Naruto, while Hinata its just Naruto.

I dont think so i'm not going to deny this fact but she didnt only drive romance the mini arc as an example lifted Naruto's burden and Naruto found his resolve thanks to Sakura, and also Sakura does not feel like she's a burden to Naruto and also does not feel that she was selfish with the poal.
aside from 540 all the things she did on the arc had no romantic connections unlike Hinata who has 100% Naruto.

Shadow Wolf did the best post here, add the fact that everytime kishi gives hints that Hinata was going that way, he pulls back.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#59 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

As I said I come to dislike Hinata because Kishimoto made her that way and her fandom. The irony that Hinata has become a sweet version of Sakura from part 1 only difference she's a Naruto fan girl who is obsessed with him and the only thing that matters to her is what she wants (which obviously is Naruto). Why is Kishimoto doing this??? I have no idea either he doesn't care about her character or maybe he has no idea what to do with her. I will agree with Darcrest that eventually Hnata will stop liking him she will have to realize that she's not really in love with Naruto but what she has for him is a strong infatuation that is completely blinding her from everything that surrounds her.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#60 Pink Chidori

Pink Chidori

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Don-kun @ Mar 30 2013, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tell me do you agree with the fact that Itachi loved Sasuke so much that he decided to wipe out his clan to avoid Konaha from killing Sasuke? After all we know for fact that he was bribed by Danzu when he told him Sasuke or his clan.

Can you compare Anime Hinata who spend time with her Teammates, spend time with Kurenai, share time with Neji, try free Naruto first vs the Hinata from the Manga who has done nothing of that? If Kishimoto can show other character worrying about their close ones and friends, why he can't do the same for Hinata, that panel were she disregarded Neji after holding her crush had was awful something that shows me that either Kishi is a terrible writer or he is doing it on purpose.
Honestly I don't want to imagine what would of happen is the Anime Team weren't some huge Hinata fan boys?

Hinata is shy, respectful, likeable person, sweet and many other qualities you can mention that makes her a good character but she has not shown to care about any other person that isn't Naruto plus what hurt her character even more is the fact that they are in the middle of a war that will decide the future of the world but Hinata is more concern about being equal to Naruto and holding his hands, it might be good for people who only care about the pairing, but not for Hinata the characters fan.

Sakura part one was hated because of that behavior and still hated for that reason while AU Hinata and normal Hinata are excused and loved even more.

First off, as Moriarty said, I'm not a "young girl" I'm an adult. But even if I was young, why even say so? Not like I said "young boy" or "little boy" to you. Second, I never mentioned anything about anyone being wrong for disliking Hinata. Phantom and I were merely agreeing on the fact that everyone has the right to like whoever they want and shouldn't be criticized for it. I also have said that Hinata (like all characters) have their flaws. I have also said that I love her character despite these flaws. In no way am I saying Hinata is a perfect character. What makes me admire her is that she isn't perfect, but she's no longer letting that stop her. She has her issues with confidence, yet so does Naruto and Sakura. I have no qualms against them for that either. Sakura has had her selfish, not-so-good moments either but that hasn't made me turn against her.

And as I've said time and time again Don-Kun, Hinata does not only care about one character. She cares about Naruto most notably because her character is linked to him and he's her romantic interest. You know, like how Sakura is most notably known for her loving Sasuke. No, what makes her a great person is her personality and her attitude toward others. She is determined to prove herself, and yes Naruto acknowledging her is important to her. He happens to be the main character and she happens to love him. Does that make her a bad person?

Maybe to those who don't want her with Naruto, but that still doesn't make her a bad person in general, just to the small masses who hate her for 'stealing the spotlight.' I've seen Hinata care about others. She cared about Kiba when he was fighting Naruto, she cared about gaining back her fathers respect, she cares about her comrades and Kurenai. Team 8 is neglected in general and since Hinata is part of that team, unfortunately we don't get to see much of her relationship with them, but you can't demand everything be on screen for it to count.

I do agree that he loved Sasuke so much that he chose him over his clan. Not to mention his clan was planning a coup which could have begun a battle, so of course Itachi chose that route. He had the intelligence of a Hokage at age seven.

Again, you can't just decide Hinata is selfish and only cares about Naruto because we haven't seen her bond with other people. I'd understand if Hinata was shown to clearly lack care for anyone who wasn't Naruto. Such as cheering Naruto on in the Chuunin exams despite Kiba being her teammate (she didn't do this) or if before she helped him with Pain, her words were "If Naruto dies, I'll never get the chance with him!" (she didn't do this either seeing as by sacrificing herself, she wouldn't have gotten the chance anyhow.)

But she didn't do these things. She showed care for others as well as Naruto. The speech she gave to him in 615? Hinata is not selfish, nor does she only care about Naruto. This is a skewed opinion cooked up by the fact that Kishi neglects Team 8 and therefore Hinata's other bonds are placed in the background as a result. This is Kishi's fault, not Hinata's.

You say Hinata is only concerned about being equal and holding his hand, but you forget who did the hand holding; it was Naruto. Yes, Hinata's words in 573 were that "she'd always been chasing him, but after the war she's going to stop once and for all." She plans on walking side by side, holding his hand." But Naruto held her hand, and during the war. But we all know that doesn't mean Naruto only cares about hand-holding. And again, Hinata mentioning him holding her hand is something I can accept for the mere fact that this is Naruto the boy she's in love with just held her hand. You know, Hinata the girl who used to faint when he was just standing in front of her? Yeah, I can let her little comment slide because this is the first time this has happened to her, not to mention that they are facing a large Juubi and the most powerful Uchiha in the world. Hinata is frightened, but she 'feels safe' with Naruto's hand holding hers. Why is that wrong?

I don't "only care about the pairing." I care about the way my pairing looks. If I thought NaruHina was going to end up together in a terrible way, I'd rather them be with other people than ruin the good of the pairing. But I do not feel that NaruHina is being treated terribly. In fact, I think Kishi has been doing a very good job with what he has to give them a pretty good relationship. Now obviously we'll have our differences of opinions with this, but I'm not arguing pairings here, I'm arguing Hinata's character.

I disliked Part I Sakura when I first began watching it (I used to only watch the anime) and they tended to overexaggerate Sakura when it came to her attitude. I've looked back since then and while yes, she was a pain in the butt sometimes, I also noticed her progress and that's what made me like her. There are a lot of people who hate her still because they are stuck on Part I Sakura, but I'm not one of those people. As I said before, I can appreciate a character despite their flaws.

AU Hinata is from RTN. She is filler and if people like her, well whatever. She might as well be fodder. Normal Hinata isn't being excused. She isn't the terrible person you like to make her out to be.

I also don't believe one should live their life for one person (not just because they might not want you, but because it's unhealthy.) But I also don't believe she is devoting herself to only one person, nor can any of us be certain that Naruto will reject her. We can only guess and speculate at this point because we have no confirmation of his feelings. That's why neither NH nor NS can boast about it being canon, despite the chances. We don't have confirmation on Naruto's feelings for either girl.

Hinata didn't jump in to fight Pain because she can't "stand living without him." That doesn't make any sense to say as:

1. She wouldn't know if Naruto would reject her or not as she hadn't even confessed at that point yet

and

2. Hinata wanted to save him because she loves him and can't stand seeing him hurt

The fact that she knew she was no match for him and still stood against him proves her dedication, bravery and selflessness.

Well Don-kun, I'd also appreciate it if you didn't belittle me with things such as "little girl" and refrain from labeling me as "just another this or that." I find it unnecessary and to be honest, a tad bit rude.

Edited by Pink Chidori, 30 March 2013 - 07:09 PM.

20ic8s1.png

✧Big Three Shipper

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users