#41 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

I loved the chapter. I wasn't bothered by the new techniques he used. He did spend some time training with Bee which were not shown. And I don't really consider them powerups per-se because they are slight modifications of what he already learned and has used. The only difference is size and quantity.I am hoping Bee gets a little more "play time."

What I was wondering about was how Naruto's attacks were turning the Zetsu's back into trees. Did they ever fully explain that before, or was that just a general observation?

#42 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

On the one hand, I like the fact that Naruto is finally being allowed to be the great shinobi we always knew he was. The numerous Rasengan variants were nice to see, and I especially like the fact that he's finally using his toad summons to fight, the same way Jiraiya did.

On the other hand, the last time Naruto got a chapter to himself to kick ass, a few weeks later, he ended up with a bunch of metal rods through all of his joints, lost control of the Nine-Tails, and almost killed all of his friends.

Still, the chapter was good, very intense, and there was a focus on my three favorite characters (Naruto, Sakura, and B), so I'm content.

#43 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Jun 29 2011, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I loved the chapter. I wasn't bothered by the new techniques he used. He did spend some time training with Bee which were not shown. And I don't really consider them powerups per-se because they are slight modifications of what he already learned and has used. The only difference is size and quantity.I am hoping Bee gets a little more "play time."

What I was wondering about was how Naruto's attacks were turning the Zetsu's back into trees. Did they ever fully explain that before, or was that just a general observation?

It was shown in other chapter with Yamato, it seems that Senjou DNA reacts with the Kyuubi chackra, making for some reason anything derivated from it turn in pure wood, and since the white Zetsus are pratically made of pure Senjou DNA, they turn into threes when they enter in contact with chackra of the kyuubi.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#44 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jun 29 2011, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like by the time Naruto's done with this the Zetsu's Elemental Country is going to have no shortage of wood for a while...But I do wonder why Naruto's Kyuubi Chakra behaves in such a fashion when it comes in contact with the first Hokages DNA...I wonder if the same thing happened with the first Hokages wife?

So you are asking if the touch of his wife caused the first Hokage's wood to grow? dry.gif
Bad, harry4e, bad! tongue.gif

#45 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Jun 29 2011, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you are asking if the touch of his wife caused the first Hokage's wood to grow? dry.gif

Do you even realise this is the most priceless thing I heard in a while? I take my hat off to you mate.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#46 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

@Chivalrysae - Remember, Naruto has only half of the Nine-tail's chakra sealed inside him, the Yang-half. Remember how Yamato's totems began to grow into full trees when Naruto transformed? The Senju side of the Rikudo Sennin's line inherited mostly the Yang part of the chakra, physical energy, the power to 'give life'. Zetsu is a being created from Hashirama's DNA, so that's why his body reacted when Naruto took down his clones.

The whole thing with the Yamato business is that, now the Alliance know what Zetsu is and that the enemy is using Yamato to strengthen the clones, they know that for the time being Yamato is more important to Madara alive (same in Kabuto's case with Anko). They won't try and mount a rescue until an opportunity arises.

Epic chapter. Haven't seen Naruto use a summon in a while (and it's been ages since we've seen Gamahiro), I wish he did it more often. The whole Kage Bunshin thing has got me wondering, like mostly everyone else, but I'm trusting Kishi to elaborate on this later (hopefully next week). IMO, I don't think we're even going to see Naruto and Madara face off just yet. Madara is obviosly confidant his strategy will be successful (since he's predicted everything else so far), but you just know a spanner is going to be thrown into the works. Something or someONE (emphasis on the 'one') is going to put Madara's plans on hold...

The chances of an NS reunion is high now, especially considering that Shizune and Sakura are being kept seperated from everyone else to avoid attacks by clones. That's got to be one of the main locations Naruto will be directed to (seeing as how the medics are vital to the War effort). That was where the trouble first started so maybe he'll go there first.

Edited by Quinny52, 29 June 2011 - 08:32 PM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#47 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Kim @ Jun 29 2011, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Loved this chapter! There is action, new interesting information about the enemy and we see Sakura again! What more could I ask for? biggrin.gif

an NS moment? *pouts* Don't get get me wrong AWESOME chapter I loved it biggrin.gif but I need another one soon or I might die of anticipation and suffer from constant tooting coming from the SS base down.gif it might sound like I'm complaining and maybe I am but NS is my emotional coffee so to speak I get cranky without one for too long

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 June 2011 - 09:33 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#48 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:10 PM

Hopefully, though, when the showdown between Naruto vs. Madara and his Jinchuuriki gang, he uses his creative, wily, trickster mind similar to his earlier battles rather than going with brute strength.

#49 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:57 PM

kk so its a battle of 1 vs 50,000, I think Naruto is up to the challenge. I believe that killer bee is going to fight Madara when Naruto becomes exhausted and that is how bee will lose his life just got a feeling.

I also wonder where the real Naruto is going. Now it seems obvious to us, but what if he is gonna try and find Madara to stop this while his clones fight the zetsus? it may make sense try to take out the key player in all this.

Oh and I hope once the kyuubi co-operates we can see sage mode in action again. I mean look at it this way.

Kyuubi mode=super speed
Sage=strength and durability

both would be amazing. Hoping for it. I mean I don't want it to be introduced just to be lost. I mean all of Narutos attack have had their purpose and are still used.
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#50 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jun 30 2011, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully, though, when the showdown between Naruto vs. Madara and his Jinchuuriki gang, he uses his creative, wily, trickster mind similar to his earlier battles rather than going with brute strength.

well brute strength coupled with that sly cunning= OVERKILL!!!!!! cool.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 June 2011 - 01:24 AM.

#51 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:44 AM

At the end, Bee was like

*sniff* im so proud xD of course...he made it into a rap.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#52 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:54 AM

I thought it was just in sage mode that he couldn't make kage bunshin?

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#53 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Jun 29 2011, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well played argh1.png

#54 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:15 AM

Am I the only one who's more excited to see what Madara and Kabuto will do than what Naruto will do?

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#55 narutouzumaki50

narutouzumaki50

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Jun 29 2011, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol. Yep it grows. Longer thicker and harder happy.gif
It burns to be me!!

#56 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jun 30 2011, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought it was just in sage mode that he couldn't make kage bunshin?

Well, is on both. Look back on a few chapters. It actually says that if he uses Kage Bunshin the Kyuubi will absorb twice as much of his chakra, thus ending up killing him faster.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#57 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jun 29 2011, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I the only one who's more excited to see what Madara and Kabuto will do than what Naruto will do?

I am too. Considering that these two men, one immortal and apparently studied under Palpatine's school of manipulation, one in control of an immortal zombie epic-ninja army and with possible ulterior motives and a bit of a wild card, it'd be interesting what they'll do next.

#58 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:12 AM

Well we all know he gonna pull off something supernatural and makes him seemed overpowered, whats so exciting about that? dry.gif

#59 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jun 29 2011, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am too. Considering that these two men, one immortal and apparently studied under Palpatine's school of manipulation, one in control of an immortal zombie epic-ninja army and with possible ulterior motives and a bit of a wild card, it'd be interesting what they'll do next.

Lol Palpatine's school of manipulation.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#60 KoolKat

KoolKat

Feisty <3

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:31 AM

This was an awesome chapter! i loved it! finally sakura appeared. that was so awesome when naruto was using like, six rasengans at one time.
But, i want their to be some NS! hopefully next week because naruto has all his clones going everywhere. but i wonder where the real naruto will go? maybe to sakura? i hope so.
I think i'll go crazy if i dont get narusaku.gif! argh1.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users