74 replies to this topic

#41 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

I hate to say it, but I want Kishi to drop the Pein stuff and go back to Sasuke. Personally I thought we were getting somewhere good when Pein challenged Naruto's worldview. But it seems like he is dropping the ball big time. Go back to the Uchiha angst and the Cloud Village (he introduced 3 interesting characters and they disappeared off the face of the earth? come on!) . Hell, I think even the good part of this Pein arc (where Pein challenged Naruto's worldview) could have also been easily done with Sasuke. Actually now I'm not sure what Sasuke's purpose is. Pein did what Sasuke wanted to do...

Back to shipping: My fear is that Kishi wants NH to happen and he realized he hasn't developed it worth kitten. So this is the rollout of NaruHina development. I really REALLY hope this is not the case. If it has to happen, I'd rather it be as quick as possible.
WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#42 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Terrace @ Mar 25 2009, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I imagine that IF Kishi actually kills off Hinata, it'll be something that the Konoha nin couldn't detect untill it's too late. What if the wound Pein gave Hinata was laced with some kind of lethal chakra technique that kills the target in a day or two?

There's a bigger chance of Tonton turning into a character hotter than Tsunade.

As I've pointed out in this thread these close call deaths have happened many times before and we always get the same result.
Lee - Has all his bones crushed.
[spoiler=click]
Chouji - Took his death pills

Neji - Pierced through the chest.
Gaara - Bijuu extracted.
Sasuke - Point blank C4

Are they all still alive? Every one of them.

Seriously this is a fantasy story and if Kishimoto wants he can think of a magical way to revive Hinata. Shounen is geared towards young teen boys and you don't need to have a 'logical' outcome even if someone dies. I'd love for him to disprove me and would be glad, but realistically the chances of it are minimal.

I wasn't surprised that Hinata survived and was expecting some sort of explanation, but the fact that Pain missed her vitals points was the only thing we've gotten leaves me shaking my head. However, I still don't see her being alive changing her primal role in the story. She served her purpose as the plot device for Naruto to be triggered into going six tails and can't provide any other serious significance to the overall plot unless that of a love interest. She'll still be a side character even after gaining some time in the spot light.

I also don't expect this to lead to NaruHina suddenly occurring, but I can understand those who may think its a possibility now since Kishi did have her confess and allowed for her to live. I see Hinata surviving as just another prime example of cop-out deaths we get from The Rookie Nine, but it shouldn't hinder the development that NaruSaku has had. Naruto was worried about Hinata since she supposedly died before his eyes, but that doesn't mean he's going to suddenly forget about Sakura. We've countlessly seen the same thing happen with deaths, but I don't see one aspect of his writing affecting his overall development of his story.

Also random foreshadowing:

NaruHina?!?]

#43 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:06 PM

I hate to say it, but I want Kishi to drop the Pein stuff and go back to Sasuke. Personally I thought we were getting somewhere good when Pein challenged Naruto's worldview. But it seems like he is dropping the ball big time.

I agree, I thought that these chapters would be different some how.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#44 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:39 PM

The plot device that Hinata played to trigger was almost too easy for Kishimoto to solve a few long standing issues with Naruto. And several chapters later, the transformation ends with Naruto none worse for wear.

For a while, we've wondered about his parentage and we got confirmations back when Tsunade and Jiraiya were talking about Naruto's parents, rather wistfully at the time. But the truth if unfurled to Naruto in the form of a recorded message like Princess Leia to Obi-Wan hidden in a seal. Next, we have this image of Minato telling Naruto essentially what his destiny entailed and fixing the weakening seal which may have been hinted earlier to be done by the key.

So has this section of chapters closed the door on those two topics and we move forward without another word? sad.gif

#45 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:35 PM

This chapter looks like total BS, but I'll wait for the full scanlation to come out before I can think something of it.

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#46 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

As much as I would like to join in the Kishi bash, I would rather take a moment here to lol a little at the fact that while we bash Kishi as a bad fanfiction writer, the Naruhina shippers prolly right now are praising him as the next Tolkien tongue.gif

And another note, as much as the lot of you are foresseeing the death of narusaku and Hinata taking Sakura's role as the feamle lead, I would like to take a moment to remind you about the Sakura arc that Kishi has promised us. Not Hinata arc, Sakura.
Hinata's confession might just be the catalyst Sakura needed to confront her own emotion on Sauske and Naruto.

Edited by Dormin, 25 March 2009 - 08:13 PM.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#47 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (True @ Mar 25 2009, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a bigger chance of Tonton turning into a character hotter than Tsunade.

As I've pointed out in this thread these close call deaths have happened many times before and we always get the same result.

I highly doubt that 371 cover has anything to do with NaruHina's "sudden coming out of the blue". As much as I kept saying ever since I read the manga, covers aren't that important for foreshadowing events of the story unless it was taken directly for the meaning (example is back at Part 1 with "The Promise I Couldn't Kept" Cover). Look way back at 296-7 with the Hinata and Shikamaru covers when we had the biggest NaruSaku moments. Many NaruHinas fans were telling points that the cover was important because it was "foreshadowing" NaruHina when it was wasn't, it was talking about Hinata's character and Kishi just drew her for that chapter's cover. Same with that Sasuke cover when SasuSaku fans were kept saying the cover message was talking about "love for Sakura" which was obviously not the point.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#48 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

I have to beleive that Hinata's survival is going to cause some crazy twist, like some are saying it may be, for my own sanity.

Though i really do not understand why everyone is so angry at Kishimoto headdesk.gif . Acknowledging we can do nothing about it and letting it go will result in much more happiness.....OHMMMMMMMMMM.....OHMMMMMMM.

Then how about a big, "oh well"

#49 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Mar 25 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to take a moment to remind you about the Sakura arc that Kishi has promised us. Not Hinata arc, Sakura.
Hinata's confession might just be the catalyst Sakura needed to confront her own emotion on Sauske and Naruto.

Did he though? I don't remember anything about a Sakura arc. He said during the Jump Festa 08 interview that after Sasuke he would write about Kakashi and Sakura. Naruto would have to wait. Well he did touch on Kakashi after Sasuke. But now Naruto has taken the spotlight since the new year. Only smashing a bug summon for Sakura. Did his SJ editors change his plans? I mean that couldn't have been it.

My hope is that Kishi said Sakura would have to grow up. We know Kishi usually kills people close to a person to accomplish this and I don't count Shizune. So there has to be more on Sakura. Maybe she plays a big role in the coming Danzou plot?

If I was someone without a dog in this race I would feel bad for NaruHina fans if this only turned out to be a giant Ship Tease for NaruHina that goes nowhere. Kishi would be a very cruel guy tongue.gif

Edited by Deej, 25 March 2009 - 11:51 PM.

#50 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:51 AM

Pein missed a vital point? The same pain who stabbed Naruto Multiple times and deliberately missed all the vital points so he can take him hostage? This is probably some lame plot device how Naruto will confront Negato, and point out how he deliberately left Hinata alive because he does have a heart afterall...or something equally lame. (Damn I hate it that my original though on Hinata surviving was correct, and damn you all who convinced me that it was Kishi's genious story-telling and he really did kill her off.)

This arc had the making for one of the best storylines i've ever read, if not for some of the cheesiest bad fanfiction parts i've ever read, (I've stopped reading fanfics for similar plots.)

There is the good, Pein blowing up Konoha, Naruto's entrance, His Sage powers were awesome. the skill and intelligence he used to defeat five bodies of Pein. His father making an appearence and confirming Tobi was behind the Kyuubi attack (if just to shut the Madara is just misunderstood fans).

And the Bad and God Awful, Hinata's sudden appearence just to be useless and get flattenned, Naruto's reaction, like a tragic hero going berserk after the supposed death of his beloved, (apparently Kakashi's possible death didn't mean as much) and then going all 8 Tails within a matter of minutes, (I thought Naruto was stronger than that, made him look lame compared to Sasuke who willed the Heaven seal back during the Chunin pre-lims, Yes I know the Heavon seal is not as deadly as Kyuubi.), How easy he gave in to Kyuubi and was willing to release it. How quickly he went into Sage mode after getting back in control (and how did the slug survive). And ofcourse Pein missing the vital points when attacking Hinata...and most of all the amount of Chakra Pein has, I swear he has more Chakra than the 8 Tailed OX.

I am very dissapointed that Kishi once again failed to kill any of the Rookie Nine + Team Gai, Naruto and the rest of the team need to learn they are not invincible, But Kishi has proven once again that the kids survive once again, it cheapens some of the points he's trying to make when he himself isn't prepared to show to readers how war really effects people.

Then again he's not as bad as One Piece writer Oda, who hasn't killed anyone remotely important to the storyline no matter if they are good or bad.

Edited by harry4e, 26 March 2009 - 12:53 AM.

iAnby7W.gif

#51 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:08 AM

i don't know why everyone is so worked up.

The spoilers I read are not that Hinata is alive and ready to take on the world but that she will survive with IMMEDIATE medical aide,

hmmmm let me think who is the medical ninja that is looking for Hinata right now

let me have a guess.

Sakura

I think Kishi is going somewhere with this as in forcing Sakura to realize her emotions by helping Hinata and learning of her confession

it is too early to give up on NaruSaku yet after all in my book it is still the only pairing (besides ShikaTem) that makes sense

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#52 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Mar 25 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much as I would like to join in the Kishi bash, I would rather take a moment here to lol a little at the fact that while we bash Kishi as a bad fanfiction writer, the Naruhina shippers prolly right now are praising him as the next Tolkien tongue.gif

Not to be rude, but who gives a rats ass what they think? I've met their kind before. The kind that put their ship over the overall quality of the manga and do not care if it goes slowly down the toilet as long as they get what they want. That's not a real fan, that's a pure shipper. Those are the type of shipper that's made me somewhat bitter on general fandom and it's overall cesspool.

Don't get me wrong, if NaruSaku were to happen - and let's not kid ourselves with worry, it's still the most likely - I'd love it to death and I would be pleased. I would not, however, stop bashing the direction the manga has taken. Much as I love my ship, I can't handle the fact that the manga's quality has gone in the trash; an undeniable fact at this point.

Edited by dl316bh, 26 March 2009 - 01:31 AM.

bd5.jpg

#53 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:54 AM

It'd be nice if the "unexpected conclusion" for next week is unexpected because it's actually a satisfying one.

Don't get me wrong, if NaruSaku were to happen - and let's not kid ourselves with worry, it's still the most likely - I'd love it to death and I would be pleased. I would not, however, stop bashing the direction the manga has taken. Much as I love my ship, I can't handle the fact that the manga's quality has gone in the trash; an undeniable fact at this point.

I would have gladly accepted a NaruHina ending if it meant the manga had maintained the quality from part 1.

QUOTE (harry4e @ Mar 26 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then again he's not as bad as One Piece writer Oda, who hasn't killed anyone remotely important to the storyline no matter if they are good or bad.

1. Apples and oranges; OP's style and story are not the same as Naruto's
2. Oda did "kill" an important character (and his/her death scene was done better than most, if not all of Kishi's, in my opinion.)

#54 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 25 2009, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's how I feel. It'd be nice if NaruSaku happened, but the fact that it occurs doesn't make this any less of a cheap cop-out or the confession any less of a lame plot device. If the choices were between what Kishi is doing right now and having NaruSaku or going back to the quality of Part 1 and being stuck with NaruHina, I'd take the latter. No contest.

To be honest, if it is executed well, then having a NaruSaku ending would be fantastic.

However, if its an offshoot of something like this, then forget it. It'll feel more like a consolation prize. What good is the pairing if its poorly executed? I love crack pairings, but I wouldn't want any of them thrown together just because I like the pairing. It's no different with NaruSaku. I got attached to Naruto in Part 1 because I thought it was a great story within a fascinating universe, not because it had NaruSaku.

#55 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Mar 24 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok... since Hinata is going to be okay I'd like Kishi to at least clear up this whole NaruHina thingamabob. Hinata finally had the courage to confess so give us some closure! Will he suddenly go 180 and make this a NaruHina or will he have Naruto reject her gently? Bah....

Other than that, this sounds very fillerish. At that rate Nagato is fighting, chances are he might die of chakra exertion and coughing up too much blood rather than actual fighting. By the way, where are the teams that are supposed to be tracking down Pain's hiding place?

I'd like to see some pics too.

Just because someone confesses their love doesn't mean anything. Remember Sakura confessed her felenings for Suske in the first season and he knocked her out.

#56 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:07 AM

Kind of sad that it's lost all of those fascinating aspects.

I just want Kishi to wrap the manga up and be done with it, honestly. I've given up. It's never going to reach consistant quality resembling good again, so it's pretty much time to fold. If he keeps it going much longer with quality like this... I shudder to think what it'll be.
bd5.jpg

#57 pizza_blade

pizza_blade

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:08 AM

Woah...

A lot of anger and frustration in the air here...

Calm down, people. Let us see how everything works out in the end before we launch our collective spits down to Kishimoto's face... happy.gif

#58 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (Dash @ Mar 26 2009, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. Apples and oranges; OP's style and story are not the same as Naruto's
2. Oda did "kill" an important character (and his/her death scene was done better than most, if not all of Kishi's, in my opinion.)

Not when it's had the same effect as Kishi not killing of any of the Rookie nine. When you know nobody's going to die and the hero will win it takes away some of the excitement, and interest in the fandom So really Apples with Apples. When you use an example of something else to strenghen your argument that can be related to the other then it's not two completely seperate things, They are both Manga writers for the same Sonon Jump, with charactors that have similarities so comparisons are perfectly valid. (Are you telling me you never got an assignment in English to talk about charactors from different books and compare them with each one's strengh and weakness,, where they were similar and where they were different etc?)

So who did Oda kill? I can't remember, (I don't include people from the past, and definitely not Going Merry, Even though it was brilliantly done, I thought it was lame, and something I'd expect from a childrens fairytale.)

iAnby7W.gif

#59 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:03 AM

Well you have to take into account that when you read One Piece you don't expect anyone to die unless its a flashback. And I have to agree with Dash that they are two different things. Even if they are part of the same demographic, both mangas implore different themes within their own universe. Are you going to say every manga that is labeled as Shounen can be compared to one another? Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Negima!, EyeShield 21, Reborn, Gintama are currently the most popular series in Weekly Shounen Jump but they each provide their own unique themes that separates themselves from the others.

Character death in Shounen rarely happens in almost any series, excluding Death Note (which I won't spoil, but it was really different type of manga for being published in WSJ). Does it take away from enjoying a series? Absolutely not. Nobody EVER dies in Bleach even when their bodies are completely mutilated, yet I still love the manga and its my favorite current weekly Shounen manga. I rather have a manga where we know the characters aren't going to die, than have cheap repeated cop outs of "near" death situations.

Also, while I don't mind this discussion, I don't want it to get off topic and would like to focus on the Naruto spoilers as well.

#60 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Mar 25 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's how I feel. It'd be nice if NaruSaku happened, but the fact that it occurs doesn't make this any less of a cheap cop-out or the confession any less of a lame plot device. If the choices were between what Kishi is doing right now and having NaruSaku or going back to the quality of Part 1 and being stuck with NaruHina, I'd take the latter. No contest.

To be honest, if it is executed well, then having a NaruSaku ending would be fantastic.

However, if its an offshoot of something like this, then forget it. It'll feel more like a consolation prize. What good is the pairing if its poorly executed? I love crack pairings, but I wouldn't want any of them thrown together just because I like the pairing. It's no different with NaruSaku. I got attached to Naruto in Part 1 because I thought it was a great story within a fascinating universe, not because it had NaruSaku.

Yeah, but aren't you accepting a pairing that haven't had any major developments what's so ever when it first came into the picture way back in like how many years ago when this series started? And we're in its 10th Anniversary. Not only that, but copping out and ignoring a likely pairing that did have major developments and make sense since it has started slowly at the beginning and go directly towards one has minor and less screentime/development, sounds to me its more of favoring a certain amount of fans who want things happening their way and bad writing. The only way I can see and understand NaruHina can begin its development if and only if triggers something for Sakura's POV in terms of romance. And I also would like to add Naruto's views as well. Hopefully, it better be something that is staying towards his character and values.

When reading the series, I got into not only the action but the character interactions, personalities, and developments. And I was clicked towards NaruSaku because even though its mostly chiche, it's the most obvious and most likely happen pairing in a Shonen romance. But if this kind of bad writing keeps up, I better see a no-pairing ending with Naruto as a bachelor and Hokage at the end (which I can clearly see that happen) and still trying to ask Sakura to be his gf/wife.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)