388 replies to this topic

#41 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

Let me guess. Madara has said he thinks he's seen Gai before, and Gai will reply that he doesn't remember Madara at all. XD

Also:

tumblr_n1len62BTR1qlq05po1_500.png

tumblr_n1len62BTR1qlq05po2_400.png

Edited by Nefertieh, 26 February 2014 - 09:08 AM.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#42 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:59 AM

if kishi makes sakura do what i think she will do next chapter tumblr will explode

What do you think she'll do?

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#43 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

@soraandven I don't think we will get something like this in the next chapter since Sakura looks calm n not so emotional! Maybe we will be able to see a small hug or a punch(unlikely at a situation like this). But don't get your hopes up for a huge NS moment!

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#44 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

What an epic chapter! Way better than I expected. Kishi in my opinion has really done well with Obito's transformation from evil to good. Also the Kakashi, Obito and Minato teamwork, gave them feeeeels. Can't wait for the next chapter, wonder if Obito and Sakura will talk or a parallel between her and Rin will be mentioned. 

10wnpqp.jpg

#45 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

What do you think she'll do?

this 

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#46 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Drawing pretty much everything that defines "randomness".

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

I keep looking at the header of the site up there and I just can't help but imagining something like that can happen next week.

We'll see.

Edited by LadyGT, 26 February 2014 - 09:06 AM.

aw9vkj.gif

#47 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

I doubt Guy will go all 8 gates on us. The situation doesn't warrant it. Right now, they're simply buying time for Obito to seal Kurama in Naruto. If Madara eventually does push the others into a corner and Obito hasn't finished the sealing process, that's when Guy releases them. 

BTW, if Obito has Shukaku and Gyuuki in him too, I'm guessing he'll give Shukaku back to Gaara. As for Bee, well... I think he's alive but barely since Gyuuki cut off one of his tails for him to escape. He'll probably still need that portion of Gyuuki to recover. Now, anybody see where I'm going with this?  Yup, the ultimate Jinchuuriki triple team has finally come true.

THEY'RE NOTHING BUYING TIME, I'LL RAGE A LOT IF IT'S GOING TO TAKE TIME TO SEAL KURAMA INTO NARUTO WHEN MADARA ONLY NEEDS A SINGLE PANEL TO SEAL ALL THE BIJUU'S ON HIMSELF.

Edited by Smiter, 26 February 2014 - 09:55 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#48 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

What was Minato even trying to do?? And how did he get blocked? The panel of current Obito and Kakasho standing next to each other was nice, we'll see an edit of this one and the old one soon. Though I'm not sure how the Kamui thing worked...

Minato blocked Madara's attack that was aimed at Obito, which allowed Obito to teleport.

Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#49 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

Sheesh, just call that dimension a special honeymoon dimension, brought to you by Obito Uchiha.

Ahem, well I thought I could finish a game before the new chapter, but apparently, what feels like an end isn't an end. Funny, because I feel the same for this case, but yes, still have Madara as focused, so I won't predict far into the future just yet. So anyway, let's cover this, shall we.

I got to say, I find this chapter to be really good and a really nice setup for the next chapter, which happens to be the last one of the volume. Though this is surprising to see many focuses in this whole volume, that even Sasuke is left unknown. I wonder why. Anyway, this one focuses on the team that is proven that it can't be broken, no matter what position they're in. Obito and Kakashi finally work together once more to save Naruto and with Teamwork, you can manage to succeed at something. Madara knows the differences in power and surely, he believed he got this until teamwork came in play. Now, of course, this is a work of sacrifice, but again, when you have a team, the possibility increases. It reminds me of Death Note. So pretty much, the flashback showcases that these two can get along, when the time is right. Minato never got to see them teaming up. Remember, he was away in the war. So this is consistent and I really enjoyed it.

Obito and Madara continued off with Obito managing to pull out a part of Bijuus, namely Ichibi and Hachibi. I wonder if that would mean Naruto will get both of them along with Yin Kuruma or give it to Killer Bee and Gaara. But how Gaara's part works? Well, hard to say. If anything, Obito could give him partial to not only being stronger, but perhaps be a temporary Sage of Six Path. It's like how Shounen gives the protagonist a once-in-a-lifetime powerup for the sake of the arc. But we'll see. First, we have to see Naruto waking up. Imagine if he didn't...

Lastly, Gai shows up and good news and bad news arrive. Good news is that Gai is back and saved Kakashi on time, which reflects the flashback. Gai shows up and Kakashi is annoyed at this timing. Now, it's warrant for one. Bad news is that the chapter preview hints that Gai may go eight gates, which most likely will kill him. While it is nice to see it, if it does happen, it's going to be sad to see him go. We can only wait and see how this plays out. My guess is that Kishi wants to showcase it before it all ultimately ends since it's one of the few that we waited for such a long time and this calls it. Next, I can see Gai using it to help others to leave or something because Madara is just a monster. Lastly, this is one way to make Madara look too strong. In this chapter, he was too fast and everything, so pretty much Sakura established that he can kill her in a blink of an eye. In short, we are dealing with a final boss tier. So if Gai do it on Madara, sadly we know Madara will live, so this is a way to establish his god tier. It's like wrestling. If one man squash a wrestler in under a minute, that guy is considered strong. Therefore, this is the icing on the cake.

Now, before ending this, let's talk about what could go down for Obito/Naruto/Sakura. This could be something big. Naruto is now in process of being revived (or is he????????) so we don't know how long it will take. We don't know the first reaction. We don't know the conversation that can occur from all three sides. If there's one thing I learned from this chapter is that Kishi is really pulling in of finishing off the establishment of many characters and their connections. Next week, it will be with Gai and Kakashi, as well as with Lee and TenTen since Gai may really say goodbye. This week, we have Team Minato reunited and Minato finally got to see what they can do as team. Everything is getting done. Why I bring it up? Because Obito may parallel Naruto and Sakura for all we know next week. I don't know, but it seems very coincidence, wouldn't you say. Now one thing I do want to know is that if Naruto insists going back, how do you think Sakura would react. She was scared and witnessed a God that not even Obito can even grasp. It's a moment of true fear. It reminds me of when a guy keeps telling himself "move!" after witnessing something so incredible. So, yeah, think about that. This really begs the question on so many level because we don't know what's next. We don't know how far this volume goes. And we still have Sasuke to cover. So much to think over. I got to say, if the next chapter is truly the last, I can't wait to see how it all goes down.

I really like this chapter and the buildup for the next one is strong. For NS fans, don't get too happy. Keep it low expectations. For fans who are so into parallels and NS fans, don't get too happy, let's keep it on a low. For fans who are so into parallels but not NS fans, don't worry just yet, but I won't blame you if fears get the best of you. Others, well just be happy the manga is going well. Sorry, I got nothing. I know NS fans are reminded that anything is possible since 631, 662, and 663 happened, so I can't blame them. Just keep it low so your hope can really happen. Until then, next chapter, here we come!

#50 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

Yay, Naruto is waking up soon!  I'm curious, will Naruto also temporarily gain some power from Shukaku and Gyuki, in addition to Dark Kyuubi?

I keep looking at the header of the site up there and I just can't help but imagining something like that can happen next week.

We'll see.

(video showing Sakura hugging Naruto)

An emotional hug would be great, but let's keep our expectations low.  :wink:  Better to be pleasantly surprised, than to get all excited and end up disappointed!  Hmm... If Obito left, then Naruto and Sakura would be all alone in cube-land...  :chuckle:

We haven't seen Sasuke for a while, so it's entirely possible that Kishi might break away from Naruto to show Sasuke and the mysterious person.

#51 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

Yay, Naruto is waking up soon!  I'm curious, will Naruto also temporarily gain some power from Shukaku and Gyuki, in addition to Dark Kyuubi?

An emotional hug would be great, but let's keep our expectations low.  :wink:  Better to be pleasantly surprised, than to get all excited and end up disappointed!  Hmm... If Obito left, then Naruto and Sakura would be all alone in cube-land...  :chuckle:

We haven't seen Sasuke for a while, so it's entirely possible that Kishi might break away from Naruto to show Sasuke and the mysterious person.

I am actually more curious on what's next once Naruto wakes up more than ever. Think about it, Sakura knows Madara is no joke, so if Naruto were to say he's going, there's going to be a small exchange there. She may believe him, this is where the line is cross. But anyway, I do want to keep my expectations low. We'll see how this plays out. So far, low expectations thought is going well. Here we are. Well, look forward to next chapter.

#52 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

I am actually more curious on what's next once Naruto wakes up more than ever. Think about it, Sakura knows Madara is no joke, so if Naruto were to say he's going, there's going to be a small exchange there. She may believe him, this is where the line is cross. But anyway, I do want to keep my expectations low. We'll see how this plays out. So far, low expectations thought is going well. Here we are. Well, look forward to next chapter.

True, Sakura will be terrified at the thought of Naruto fighting Madara again.  Even more so, because Madara is now a Sage and even stronger than when Naruto last fought him.  Naruto might even be well aware that he's highly likely to die.  Of course, he has no choice but to fight Madara again.

It would be great if Naruto decided to live without regrets, and finally confessed to Sakura.  :wink:

#53 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

Let me guess. Madara has said he thinks he's seen Gai before, and Gai will reply that he doesn't remember Madara at all. XD

Also:

My thoughts exactly!!!

Omg!! This chapter was great!!!! X)
Does this mean Naruto is saved?!?! 0_0
Obitooooo, nooooo don't die yet!!! X'(
And maaan sakura I can't waaait to see what she has in store!!!

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#54 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

I dont think Rin and Sakura are parallels, despite they share the same background the difference of personality between Rin and Sakura is huge.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 26 February 2014 - 11:11 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#55 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

@darkrest

they are parallel acknowledge by the author, even if their personality is different.

#56 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

Well that was a good chapter. Had some decent action. For the ten tails inner jinchurki area like all jinchurki had, instead of one beast or the jubbi, we see a mass of all the chakra combined together of the various tailed beasts.

Kakashi and obitos teamwork was nice this chapter, doubling a Kamui speed warp was just good. I even like how Madara tried figure out the jump but didn't anticipate the intangible power in time. Guess Kamui when used on ones self is good.

Is anyone else reminded that the Kamui dimension has it's second healing event like when obito pulled Sasuke and Karin into it after the attack in the 5 kage right before the declaration of war?

Now narutos revival is at hand, no more trolling (seriously if black zetsu popped up again it's just dear god Kishi now it's obito fighting for his body?) I seriously just hope we get this event on.

Otherwise the mysterious foot is nowhere to be seen, I have a feeling this time we shall cut away from naruto, sakura, and obito and instead get a look at Sasuke and obviously guy.

The entrance with guy though, now it looks interesting from the editors note. Will guy use the eight gates again and in the full force if risking death? I mean he could use techniques against Madara like the morning tiger, it's based off willpower not chakra like kisame had to learn the hard way.

Sakura was scared by Madara, she really was saying what I thought the whole time, she was ignored and lucky. Madara could have killed her anytime but she was able to get out of the fight and thanks to Kakashi she and naruto were out into the dimension, finally obito came, I hope the moment we see naruto wake up is a good ns moment.

Well this was a good chapter, had its scenery that's for sure. I liked seeing the inner chamber of the ten tails jinchurki though, kinda made sense considering what we have seen with the others. I mean we saw yin kurama floating above, guess that was made to show the difference in current power between Madara and obito only really having half a tailed beast.

So while narutos situation is all about done, we still really just need to see the focuses done on taka, the spiral zetsu, and off course bee. However I really think the reason obito extracted what he could from Madara was let's face it, he already had the stuff to save naruto, he already had yin kurama so if it's yin kurama being put back in, then wouldn't it be safe to assume the one tails chakra is to reenergize gaara (though he isn't a host anymore) or rather the 8 tails portion could save bee?

That's all I'm getting at, obito got the one tails and eight tails to reenergize and it may come to the other two in someway, bee is more understandable in this situation but good naruto is finally going to be saved (long as black zetsu just stays down now) but I sadly feel with an event like this showing what happens, we won't see naruto for a bit, it's the end of the volume next week so we get a sudden new focus, obviously it's most likely either gai arriving or sasukes situation.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#57 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

Funny... Chapter 666 = the chapter of the beast

Guy= Konoha green beast

Obito even called him as "beast face" in this chapter.

I know that Kishi would have made an appearance from guy in this chapter :lmao:

Edited by 六道仙人, 26 February 2014 - 11:30 AM.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#58 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

@darkrest

they are parallel acknowledge by the author, even if their personality is different.

I disagree, Kishimoto has never aknowledged the parallel between Rin and Sakura, it's only fans speculations, the only parallel aknowledged by the author is Naruto and Obito. 

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#59 Kundalini_Master

Kundalini_Master

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

One thing I noticed that I'm trying to make sense of is when Obito went and reached into the pool of chakra that has all the beasts power formed together. why is it that Kurama is the only one that's separate to the juubi? and significantly smaller at that...

naruto-4813453.jpg

A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke.
—Vincent van Gogh 

#60 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

I disagree, Kishimoto has never aknowledged the parallel between Rin and Sakura, it's only fans speculations, the only parallel aknowledged by the author is Naruto and Obito. 

there is kakashi and sasuke in part one.

sooner or later kishi will acknowledge it.

team minato is the closest to team seven out of all three man team parallel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users