70 replies to this topic

#41 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:57 PM

Yeah, I think everyone is anxious to see Naruto's FRS and Sasuke's Kirin collide, to have a good comparison. By that time though Naruto will have something potentially more deadly than FRS, with him learning how to control the Kyuubi and all Sage Mode "KSM" there's no telling what kind of Rasengan he'll have. I hope he unleashes a giant tornado sucking Sasuke and the nearby trees with him or even rip a whole through the fabric of time and space with such raw power. cool.gif

#42 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:14 PM

The rasengan is probably one of the most effective jutsu in the naruto universe. Not to mention that there's a hole lot of numerous and powerful variations of the jutsu that you can tell just by watching the fight between Naruto and the nine tailed fox. I wonder how many other variations of the rasengan there are? headscratch.gif

#43 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:01 PM

This might seem like a double post but it's been a month or so since the last post so I'm gonna go for it and I think this post might contribute something to the topic a little. You know how we saw some variations of the Rasengan in Naruto's fight with the Nine Tailed Fox? It made me a little confused about how many Rasengan variations there were. He might have spent most of his training with Jiraiya developing those variants of the Rasengan if not all of it. But I think I've figured out how the Rasengan variation formula works.

Rasengan--->Giant Rasengan--->Ultra Giant Rasengan

Double Rasengan--->Double Giant Rasengan--->Double Ultra Giant Rasengan

Multiple Rasengan--->Multiple Giant Rasengan--->Multiple Ultra Giant Rasengan

Multiple Double Rasengan--->Multiple Double Giant Rasengan--->Multiple Double Ultra Giant Rasengan

Not to mention that there's also/could be Wind Style: Rasengan (with Naruto's wind affinity and if he goes further he gets Wind Style: Rasenshuriken), Sage Art: Rasengan (typically a Rasengan that could be charged up by gathering all the natural energy in the area or even all the natural energy of the entire planet), Menacing Rasengan (basically a Rasengan that could be charged up by accessing all of the Nine Tailed Fox's chakra thus creating a strong powerful after blast when in contact with the opponent or push the opponent back with incredible force and then blow up in a big explosion comparable to a nuclear bomb or maybe a little bit of both but either way it would be like the Menacing Ball), and last but not least, Warp Rasengan (He charges a Rasengan and just when he's about to attack, BOOM, he appears behind the opponent and SLAMS that Rasengan into the sorry fellows back with the help of the Flying Thunder God Jutsu if he learns it that is). With all of that in mind, maybe if Naruto combines all four of those Rasengan together, he could create one called the Sage Art Wind Style: Menacing Warp Rasengan. Basically he would be charging really fast at the enemy and would hit said enemy with a Rasengan charged with the power of his wind affinity, the natural energy of the entire planet, the limitless chakra of the Nine Tailed Fox, and the force of impact of a Rasengan from someone who was traveling faster than the speed of light and sound with the help of a time/space ninjutsu his father used, then you get all of the ingredients needed for one awesome explosion.

That's all I've got, please point out if I'd miss anything and tell me what you think. happy.gif

#44 Davidos

Davidos

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:Music, Anime , Manga, Gaming and playing guitar/piano

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:36 PM

There is also a new rasengan in the new movie i'll put it down as spoiler:

Naruto Shippuuden 4 movie --Click here to view--
He and his father both form an rasengan and they make it clash together which form some sort of whirling shield around Naruto that deflects everything.It looks like that Fang over Fang attack from Kiba. I wonder if the same thing would happen if Naruto himself clashes 2 of his Rasengans. Would be a cool defense versus lots of attacks.

#45 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:10 PM

Not to mention the Rainbow one from the other movies, plus one fused with his demon chakra (?). I haven't watched these movies in over 9000 years, so don't penalize me for not remembering anything accurately.

#46 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:15 AM

Filler jutsu don't count as actual jutsu, whether it be from the anime, a game, or even the movies. If it's a filler technique, it's not canon. Just to make it clear and not be considered a hypocrite, I'm just suggesting what I think are/might be future variants of the Rasengan that Kishimoto could include in the manga.

#47 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:44 AM

Rasengan-Shuriken is my personal favorite x3

#48 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Aug 24 2010, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rasengan-Shuriken is my personal favorite x3

I wouldn't blame you, it is an awesome jutsu. happy.gif

#49 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:18 PM

What makes the Rasengan so great is how...plain it is. As Naruto and Jiraiya shown, once you master the technique, you can easily customize it by varying how you form it and what you infuse in it. If Naruto inherited the Kyuubi's affinity with all the elements, well just think about it.... Especially with the way Naruto used it against the Kyuubi in his 'Taming of the Demon' arc.

#50 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Aug 26 2010, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What makes the Rasengan so great is how...plain it is. As Naruto and Jiraiya shown, once you master the technique, you can easily customize it by varying how you form it and what you infuse in it. If Naruto inherited the Kyuubi's affinity with all the elements, well just think about it.... Especially with the way Naruto used it against the Kyuubi in his 'Taming of the Demon' arc.

When was it ever stated that the Nine Tailed Fox has an affinity with all of the elements? huh.gif

I don't think it has that kind of power. confused.gif

#51 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:14 AM

Hrm, looking back on it, the Kyuubi probably didn't have elemental manipulation, just being able to "cause tsunamis and flatten mountains with its tails" which can be attributed to the Nine-Tails' gigantic size...So, never mind about the elemental manipulation.

#52 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Aug 26 2010, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hrm, looking back on it, the Kyuubi probably didn't have elemental manipulation, just being able to "cause tsunamis and flatten mountains with its tails" which can be attributed to the Nine-Tails' gigantic size...So, never mind about the elemental manipulation.

Naruto has Rikudou mode now so it's possible. fu.png

Edited by Uzumakikage, 27 August 2010 - 04:05 AM.

#53 Davidos

Davidos

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:Music, Anime , Manga, Gaming and playing guitar/piano

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:00 AM

The Kyuubi was actually sealed away with a 4 element seal. Perhaps this seal also blocks Naruto's other affinities except wind. Until now since he has control over it who knows tongue.gif pure speculation though ^^

#54 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Mar 2 2010, 04:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Flying Thunder God Jutsu (Hirashin no Jutsu) information from Narutopedia.

It's basically a high-speed movement jutsu, similiar to the Body Flicker. However, the Flying Thunder God Jutsu differs by being able to latch onto a specialized seal the user has placed on something, whether this something is a person or a weapon. They are then able to move instantaneously from their current location to the location of the seal.

But personally, I don't want Naruto to learn it. I'd rather he create a true, original jutsu. And by true, I mean not another Rasengan variation.

I thought the Thunder God Technique was a time space Jutsu, not a high speed movement jutsu like the Body Flicker, if I remember correctly Minato used a varient of it to teleport himself and the Kyuubi away from the village in order to protect it.

I think Naruto will HAVE to learn the Thunder God or similare high speed teleport Jutsu, otherwise he'll have no chance of defeating Madara (Showing Madara get ko'd by the rasengan combined with the Thunder Goid was a good indicator of why Naruto needs to learn it.) Also would not be surprised with Sasuke who will after gaining his EMS will uncover the power of timespace like Madara, so Naruto will need a technique to match him.

Personally I'd like to see Naruto master sealing, it's in his blood, his mothers clan were masters in it, as was his father and his godfather Jiaraya, but how he'll learn advance seal techniques I don't know, not sure if using Shadow clones to mass leanr would work.

As for the Elements, Naruto needs to master some Wind based Jutsu's other than RasenShuriken before he learns to manipulate any other element, but if I was to guess i'd say Water would be his secondary, it would make lightning attacks stronger and be strong against Fire, same way Wind makes fire attacks stronger and is strong against lightning...complementing yet overpowering Sasuke's elements, (Plus being from Whirpool would make sense if Kushina's element was Water and probably Wind,)

iAnby7W.gif

#55 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:12 PM

^RM will control all elements. fu.png

Edited by Uzumakikage, 28 August 2010 - 03:13 PM.

#56 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Aug 28 2010, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^RM will control all elements. fu.png

This is a manga, not a really bad fanfic. dry.gif

On the subject of that form. I believe that it's not a transformation and is instead the FTG jutsu for three reasons. The first is the fact that Killer Bee described Naruto's fast movements as "a yellow flash". The second is that Naruto has a broken ankle and I'm not sure if it's healed now but if it isn't, then that can't be a new transformation. The third is that the Nine Tails is sanctioned off somewhere inside of Naruto and I think in order to have more power, you need either both halves of the Nine Tails, to have friendly terms with it, or both. Also didn't Naruto say something along the lines of "I'm sorry that you have to be caged up a little longer Nine Tails" or something like that? If I'm correct, then that should indicate that Naruto might want to be friends with the Nine Tails like Killer Bee and the Eight Tails. Wouldn't it fit in with Naruto's power to change people or something.

Oh and if say that it wouldn't count since the Nine Tails is a monster yet you support the idea of Naruto redeeming Sasuke without Sasuke himself dying then that just makes you a hypocrite who doesn't believe that demons can be good too. And don't give me that "the Nine Tails is destructive and I don't see him and Naruto being friends" excuse. The Eight Tails said that he used to be wild now look at him.

On topic: I hope that due to the "training" that Naruto no longer needs to make shadow clones to perform a Rasengan. Though he would probably need to practice doing it with one hand though, like someone else already said.

NOTE: I added the quotation marks to the word training because I don't believe that Naruto's new "transformation" is actually a new kind of form and is the FTG jutsu and the REAL transformation is the Demon Cloak in Version 1, Version 2, and the Full Tailed Beast Transformation.

#57 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Aug 28 2010, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a manga, not a really bad fanfic. dry.gif

Lol, you obviously haven't seen many manga, to call that a bad FF. wink.gif It seems your still showing your hatred for RM and thinking Naruto still has a tailed cloak mode. happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 28 August 2010 - 10:12 PM.

#58 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Aug 28 2010, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, you obviously haven't seen many manga, to call that a bad FF. wink.gif It seems your still showing your hatred for RM and thinking Naruto still has a tailed cloak mode. happy.gif

Naruto having all five elements and (from some of your past posts) the Rinnegan and (from some other posts) the Ten Tailed Beast would make Naruto a mary sue. How does seeing a poor plot choice in someone's wishful thinking and believing that would make him overpowered make me inexperienced with manga. I've read plenty of manga, thank you very much. Your argument makes no sense. If we went by it then that would mean that Sasuke isn't an overpowered emo mary sue. If Naruto got all five element, Rinnegan, and the Ten Tails, it would make him a mary sue just like Sasuke. Just because his "new form" resembles the Sage of the Six Paths doesn't guarantee that he'll get all five elements, the Rinnegan, and become the Ten Tails Jinchuriki by the end of the series. I can only see Naruto using Wind Style and if this actually happens, Earth, Water, and Wood. Oh and don't say that that would make Naruto overpowered because growing trees is nothing compared to attracting and repelling objects, summoning countless creatures that will obey your every command, absorbing all chakra based attacks, ripping out the souls of people after reading there minds, shooting rockets and missiles from your arm, and repairing corpses with a giant head.

I just like the Demon Cloak better and think it would make more sense if he actually got control of it then get a new form. Do not give me any of the following excuses.

1. One of the themes of Naruto is for the new generation to surpass the old generation.
Reason: I'm pretty sure Naruto can surpass Killer Bee without getting a new form instead of a more controllable Demon Cloak.

2. The Demon Cloak would burn Naruto's skin and shorten his life span.
Reason: Yes, but not if he can control it, Killer Bee entered version 2 and his skin seemed fine and I'm sure his life span is as well.

3. The Demon Cloak makes Naruto look scary and evil and that's not like Naruto at all.
Reason: I don't think this should justify giving Naruto a different form at all. Just because someone has a kind and caring personality doesn't mean it should exclude them from having a demonic transformation. Besides, wouldn't it make more sense of Naruto accepting the fact that he's a Jinchuriki by having him transform into something monster like despite his personality.

4. Naruto is not really a taijutsu person because he's more of a chakra tank.
Reason: KB & A's fighting style is perfect for a chakra tank like Naruto because it requires chakra and is incredibly powerful. It doesn't require fancy moves or difficult combos, it's in the form of basic wrestling.

5. The Nine Tails will is separate from the chakra now.
Reason: Then why does Naruto have a different form? Shouldn't he be able to do V1 and V2? Is it because of the missing half? Does Naruto need to be friends with the Nine Tails? Did Minato make the seal compatible to the FTG jutsu when Naruto accesses the chakra? Should the Nine Tails not be locked in a cage somewhere inside Naruto? Is Naruto only able to access a small amount of the chakra? We don't know yet. I could bee right or wrong but we'll have to wait and see.

6. Naruto should save the world with his own eyes and not the Nine Tails eyes.
Reason: When he has control, I'm sure he'll be able to see things just fine. he doesn't have to be in V1 or V2 to save the world. Don't try to get metaphorical with me.

That's what I got. I don't want to go to off topic. Which is probably too late since this post has nothing to do with the Rasengan sweat.gif facepalm.png Just getting my thoughts on this out. I'll just shut up now.

Edited by K9ofChaos, 31 August 2010 - 10:34 PM.

#59 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Aug 31 2010, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Naruto having all five elements and (from some of your past posts) the Rinnegan and (from some other posts) the Ten Tailed Beast would make Naruto a mary sue. How does seeing a poor plot choice in someone's wishful thinking and believing that would make him overpowered make me inexperienced with manga. I've read plenty of manga, thank you very much. Your argument makes no sense. If we went by it then that would mean that Sasuke isn't an overpowered emo mary sue. If Naruto got all five element, Rinnegan, and the Ten Tails, it would make him a mary sue just like Sasuke. Just because his "new form" resembles the Sage of the Six Paths doesn't guarantee that he'll get all five elements, the Rinnegan, and become the Ten Tails Jinchuriki by the end of the series. I can only see Naruto using Wind Style and if this actually happens, Earth, Water, and Wood. Oh and don't say that that would make Naruto overpowered because growing trees is nothing compared to attracting and repelling objects, summoning countless creatures that will obey your every command, absorbing all chakra based attacks, ripping out the souls of people after reading there minds, shooting rockets and missiles from your arm, and repairing corpses with a giant head.

I just like the Demon Cloak better and think it would make more sense if he actually got control of it then get a new form. Do not give me any of the following excuses.

1. One of the themes of Naruto is for the new generation to surpass the old generation.
Reason: I'm pretty sure Naruto can surpass Killer Bee without getting a new form instead of a more controllable Demon Cloak.

2. The Demon Cloak would burn Naruto's skin and shorten his life span.
Reason: Yes, but not if he can control it, Killer Bee entered version 2 and his skin seemed fine and I'm sure his life span is as well.

3. The Demon Cloak makes Naruto look scary and evil and that's not like Naruto at all.
Reason: I don't think this should justify giving Naruto a different form at all. Just because someone has a kind and caring personality doesn't mean it should exclude them from having a demonic transformation. Besides, wouldn't it make more sense of Naruto accepting the fact that he's a Jinchuriki by having him transform into something monster like despite his personality.

4. Naruto is not really a taijutsu person because he's more of a chakra tank.
Reason: KB & A's fighting style is perfect for a chakra tank like Naruto because it requires chakra and is incredibly powerful. It doesn't require fancy moves or difficult combos, it's in the form of basic wrestling.

5. The Nine Tails will is separate from the chakra now.
Reason: Then why does Naruto have a different form? Shouldn't he be able to do V1 and V2? Is it because of the missing half? Does Naruto need to be friends with the Nine Tails? Did Minato make the seal compatible to the FTG jutsu when Naruto accesses the chakra? Should the Nine Tails not be locked in a cage somewhere inside Naruto? Is Naruto only able to access a small amount of the chakra? We don't know yet. I could bee right or wrong but we'll have to wait and see.

6. Naruto should save the world with his own eyes and not the Nine Tails eyes.
Reason: When he has control, I'm sure he'll be able to see things just fine. he doesn't have to be in V1 or V2 to save the world. Don't try to get metaphorical with me.

That's what I got. I don't want to go to off topic. Which is probably too late since this post has nothing to do with the Rasengan sweat.gif facepalm.png Just getting my thoughts on this out. I'll just shut up now.

Since when were you under the impression I wasn't wishful thinking like any fan and what's up with the "no excuses"? laugh.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 01 September 2010 - 12:38 AM.

#60 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Aug 31 2010, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since when were you under the impression I wasn't wishful thinking like any fan and what's up with the "no excuses"? laugh.gif

Really? I wrote down some arguments and this is what you have to say? This is your comeback to mine? Are you even trying to put effort into debating against my arguments? Do you even have a good argument against mine? Can you even think of one at all? Is all you can think of is being a wise guy by typing one sentence acting like you know everything without putting any effort into forming an argument against someone you disagree with? So far you haven't typed anything that's more then one sentence to even be considered an argument. It seems like you don't have anything to say to disprove my arguments so you use wise cracking statements that only take one sentence to type because you can't think of any evidence to back up your argument that Naruto will become a Ninja Jesus clone (his so called "new form" resembling Ninja Jesus doesn't count as proof so don't use that excuse). Since when were you under the impression that you weren't wishfully thinking yourself? I was referring to yours and others wishful thinking of Naruto having the Rinnegan, all five elements, and the Ten Tailed Beast. If that was a typo and you meant to type "was", trust me, that is wishful thinking that would make Naruto a mary sue. Also if you must know, the "no excuses" part was typed for anyone that wanted to try and debate against my arguments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users