103 replies to this topic

#41 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

Love the anime. Loved it even more when I saw this on AMV Hell.

It' been a while, but does anyone know if there has been any word on Season 2 yet? I found something from a con last year about it and the studio said they want to do it.

I have found no new info, but perhaps someone found something I missed.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#42 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jul 24 2012, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It' been a while, but does anyone know if there has been any word on Season 2 yet? I found something from a con last year about it and the studio said they want to do it.

It's pretty unlikely since the manga itself have been on a hiatus for over an year already. They can't just continue the anime since the manga is stuck.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#43 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jul 24 2012, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's pretty unlikely since the manga itself have been on a hiatus for over an year already. They can't just continue the anime since the manga is stuck.

From what info I gathered, people are saying it is not the content or where the manga is that is the problem, but lack of support and funding.

Whatever the case maybe, keep me posted if you hear anything.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#44 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jul 24 2012, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel the same way however authors Shoji Sato and Daisuke Sato hasn't said a word in continuing the manga. Yet people are saying season 2 will start this fall which I find it unlikely.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#45 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 24 2012, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel the same way however authors Shoji Sato and Daisuke Sato hasn't said a word in continuing the manga. Yet people are saying season 2 will start this fall which I find it unlikely.

We'll see when the fall listings come out so now all we can do is wait.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#46 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Jul 24 2012, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We'll see when the fall listings come out so now all we can do is wait.

The problem is that is up to the author to decide if he wants to continue with the manga. As long as the manga is on hiatus there won't be no anime or season 2.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#47 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 24 2012, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I think the last hiatus lasted 2 years, right? Surprising how old this manga really is when you take into account the hiatus they take.

I hope they do finish it because I would hate HOTD to suffer the same fate as Kaze No Stigma. I know people say it is poor taste to think about the manga/story over the artist, but being an artist myself, it sucks when you can't finish a work you want to do.

I just hope something comes up.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 24 July 2012 - 01:24 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#48 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jul 24 2012, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I think the last hiatus lasted 2 years, right? Surprising how old this manga really is when you take into account the hiatus they take.

I hope they do finish it because I would hate HOTD to suffer the same fate as Kaze No Stigma. I know people say it is poor taste to think about the manga/story over the artist, but being an artist myself, it sucks when you can't finish a work you want to do.

I just hope something comes up.

I agree. But isn't Kaze No Stigma based on a light novel? Is that on hiatus too?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#49 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 24 2012, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. But isn't Kaze No Stigma based on a light novel? Is that on hiatus too?

It is. It is on permanent hiatus cause the author,Takahiro Yamato, died.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 24 July 2012 - 04:53 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jul 24 2012, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is. It is on permanent hiatus cause the author died.

What?! Are you sure? Where did you read this? Which one die? Shoji Sato or Daisuke Sato?

Edited by Gravenimage, 24 July 2012 - 04:56 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#51 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 24 2012, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What?! Are you sure? Where did you read this? Which one die? Shoji Sato or Daisuke Sato?

Pretty Sure

http://www.animenews...ato-passes-away
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#52 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jul 24 2012, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait that's the author of Kaze no Stigma Fujimi Shobo. HOTD is written by Daisuke Sato and the characters are designed by Shoji Sato.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#53 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 24 2012, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait that's the author of Kaze no Stigma Fujimi Shobo. HOTD is written by Daisuke Sato and the characters are designed by Shoji Sato.

Yeah. I was telling chouzu_tao that I don't want HOTD to suffer a similar fate to Kaze No Stigma where the author dies or abandons it permanently without an ending.

In this case, Kaze No Stigma is permanently on hiatus because the author passed away.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#54 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jul 24 2012, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah. I was telling chouzu_tao that I don't want HOTD to suffer a similar fate to Kaze No Stigma where the author dies or abandons it permanently without an ending.

In this case, Kaze No Stigma is permanently on hiatus because the author passed away.

WAH! Sorry, I didn't know. Wow. That sucks. I've been an on again off again fan of Bio-Booster Armor Guyver. It's mangaka, Yoshiki Takaya has a chronic illness and most of us fans are worried about their being a similar fate, especially since he works without assistants.

HOTD, though there's no ending, I'd imagine it being similar to any zombie flick. I can't imagine they would somehow cure the zombie disease, so it'd probably just be one where they find safe harbor in a place where they have a a cure.

It's unfortunate, but it seems that the zombie bug bites harder in the West than in the land of the rising sun. I was curious to see who would survive. Probably would've only been Takashi and/or Alice. I actually had only seen the anime until about a month back when I read the manga. Kohta's girlfriend, Asami. shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#55 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 24 2012, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WAH! Sorry, I didn't know. Wow. That sucks. I've been an on again off again fan of Bio-Booster Armor Guyver. It's mangaka, Yoshiki Takaya has a chronic illness and most of us fans are worried about their being a similar fate, especially since he works without assistants.

It is a very edgy moment. I think this is why I think writers should write down the major plot points down and give it to someone that can finish the story for them if something happens. At least it would be something I would do.

HOTD, though there's no ending, I'd imagine it being similar to any zombie flick. I can't imagine they would somehow cure the zombie disease, so it'd probably just be one where they find safe harbor in a place where they have a a cure.

I once wrote a collab fanfiction about HOTD where they found a person who was immune to the disease. They then decided to see if they can make cure from it while being chased by the japanese corrupted military. The story sounded cool up to a point, but admittedly we got a little silly and decided that the characters rebuilt the government in their own way with Takashi being the leader

It's unfortunate, but it seems that the zombie bug bites harder in the West than in the land of the rising sun. I was curious to see who would survive. Probably would've only been Takashi and/or Alice. I actually had only seen the anime until about a month back when I read the manga. Kohta's girlfriend, Asami. shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif

Yeah, that was sad, but I always found it funny and kind of sweet to see Saeko and Rei go at it for Takashi's affection. What is even funnier is how Saeko is basically willing to have sex with him if he ever went insane wanted to bring him back to normal. At least that is what I think it seemed like cause she kept talking about her "womanhood"

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#56 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jul 24 2012, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, that was sad, but I always found it funny and kind of sweet to see Saeko and Rei go at it for Takashi's affection. What is even funnier is how Saeko is basically willing to have sex with him if he ever went insane wanted to bring him back to normal. At least that is what I think it seemed like cause she kept talking about her "womanhood"

Wasn't that the oposite? This is kind of amusing since it's implied in the anime that they had sex.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#57 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jul 24 2012, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is a very edgy moment. I think this is why I think writers should write down the major plot points down and give it to someone that can finish the story for them if something happens. At least it would be something I would do.

I'd do something similar while working on the project. I understand not doing it on your deathbed because it seems trivial, but if I made it and even if most of the fandom didn't like my work, I'd still like to give some closure to those who did support me. If only it were as easy to pick up as someone's film. Like Kubrick's A.I., where Spielberg finished it after he passed away. Though it probably wasn't how Kubrick probably would've ended it, it's still nice to get your ideas out there and complete. And what I meant before by easy is, a film is one single entity where as light novels is an entire series.

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jul 24 2012, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the manga, I'm not entirely sure that Saeko is all for Takashi. She'd probably be more in it for the primal feelings of sex than for being loved by someone. I'm not saying she's a loose woman, but she's more about instict and bushido then romance. Takashi probably would've ended up with Rei as it's usually the first girl to show up who wins in the end.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#58 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jul 24 2012, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wasn't that the oposite? This is kind of amusing since it's implied in the anime that they had sex.

No, in fact there were several scenes in the manga where she actually does this in a subtle way.

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 24 2012, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the manga, I'm not entirely sure that Saeko is all for Takashi. She'd probably be more in it for the primal feelings of sex than for being loved by someone. I'm not saying she's a loose woman, but she's more about instict and bushido then romance.

I think there is more to it than that. Like I do with NaruSaku, I look at the subtle hints and there is a lot to suggest otherwise. I mean, you say it is because of this warrior instinct, but wouldn't she be that way with Kouta too....or with any guy in fact? I don't think she is that shallow. I also look at common sense moments in that if Saeko had no feelings for him what so ever then why does she constantly blush around him or why does the artist always imply these heavy emotional scenes with them two?

One could argue it is hormonal balances and stuff, but this could also applied to Rei. Especially when it shows her going on and on about Hisashi to Takashi and gets mad at him when he starts feeling angry cause he is always being compared. This is what doesn't sit right with Rei to me. She says she loves Takashi, but she keeps going on and on about Hisashi. (Which ironically many have the same problem with Sakura doing this to Naruto.)

Rei is kind of selfish and shallow because it is looking like she is only going with Takashi because Hisashi isn't around. I don't know if this is true or not, but it's just how the writer made it seem.

There was this scene that takes place that kind of implies something. Nothing i really specific, but I think we all know what it is. (I am taking a picture straight from my omnibus.)

I want to treat this the same way I do NaruSaku and say that this scene is implied in a way that cnt mean anything else than the obvious. Just like the scene with Yamato, you can't put just anything here because the matter doesn't make sense. Why would Rei get mad if it was something different and what doe Saeko and Rei have in common? Takashi. We also have the story later on about Saeko having a crush, but unable to tell him. Again, you could argue something different, but I am going to go with my gut instinct and say it is the more obvious answer.

Takashi probably would've ended up with Rei as it's usually the first girl to show up who wins in the end.

That's not always true. Look at Fruits Basket, Yuki was the first on the scene, yet Tohru ends up with Kyo. Look at Evangelion where Shinji first meets Rei, but heavy implied to end up with Asuka.

Maybe this would be easier
http://tvtropes.org/...in/LastGirlWins

and we also have this one which is interesting.
http://tvtropes.org/...tConfessionWins
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#59 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 24 2012, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did cried when Kohta killed Asami but I know he's eventually going to end up with Saya it has been implied that she has feelings for him I'm a Kohta/Saya fan and Takashi/Saeko or Takashi/Rei. smile.gif

And James I agreed too. I don't have nothing personal with Rei but she looks like she's just trying to be with Takashi because Hisashi isn't around anymore. It's like" hey Hisashi is dead so the only person I can get with now is my ex-boyfriend" that only shows that she's not really interested in him at all. If the manga is resume I would wish for the authors to create a new character one that will understand Rei and eventually she will fan in love with "for real" yep I believe she doesn't truly love Takashi it's more like a selfish desire because her old former boyfriend is dead. Also I would want for another character to be created and hook up with Shizuka (can't forget the busty hot nurse of the series pictureem0.gif). I might add that Takashi would look better with Saeko than with Rei, I don't know but it looks more like Saeko can understand him better than Rei don't know why. Even if she looks more like a woman who would only crave for sex than an actual relationship.

On another note James what's the title of that fan fiction you wrote and can you give a link to it?

Edited by Gravenimage, 25 July 2012 - 10:02 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#60 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 25 2012, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I might add that Takashi would look better with Saeko than with Rei, I don't know but it looks more like Saeko can understand him better than Rei don't know why. Even if she looks more like a woman who would only crave for sex than an actual relationship.

From my honest opinion, I think it is because Saeko understands Takashi as a person who has flaws, but has potential too. She always holds Takashi in high regards and sees herself as inferior to him. This is partially because of how she was raised and such, but I also think there is more to it like I said. If it is just by her upbringing, then she would be treating Kouta a similar fashion and I don't see it too much with him.

I think this is what differs from Rei. Rei is always...I want to say selfish in that even before the outbreak it was all about her. She wanted Takashi to understand, but she never tried to help him understand or even tell him why for that matter. He never even knew the whole Shidou thing before and Rei just wouldn't explain. I am not sure why. I think Takashi is really being abused emotionally by Rei simply because he wants so much from him with half the stuff he cannot do. Saeko on the other hand seems to see Takashi for who he is rather than what she supposedly wants him to be and looks to that. She knows he is this guy who has problems, but also knows he means well by what he does and that's what Rei gets wrong. Takashi wants to understand Rei and know who she is, but she won't let him. She is kind of a hypocrite. She won't let Takashi close to her, but expects him to jump through hoops for her without question. To which he does question.

On another note James what's the title of that fan fiction you wrote and can you give a link to it?

Well, we never actually submitted it into anything, we just wrote it over a weekend when were bored. If you want to read it, I can send it to you.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users