61 replies to this topic

#41 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:14 PM

Yeah! I like reading it online but I still purchase the manga and buy the anime box sets. Like I said before I want to see Sakura's confession in english version.

#42 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (dokueki(venom) @ Apr 19 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah! I like reading it online but I still purchase the manga and buy the anime box sets. Like I said before I want to see Sakura's confession in english version.

You can watch online Dub's (English), just go to a website like Dub Happy.com They come out quicker online than the DVD release.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 20 April 2010 - 04:09 PM.

#43 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:00 PM

Viz started requesting to remove some mature mangas and 'alliterate' the inappropriate pictures.. D: Claymore is one of them, as well as two other shojou manga (that I'm aware of) and High school of the Dead. I can't believe it. COME ON VIZ! mad.gif

Edited by Cupcake-chan, 27 April 2010 - 09:03 PM.

#44 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

Oh, Gosh!! We will lose our manga source forever!!! arg.gif

#45 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:10 PM

...Teh...those cheap b***ards......

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#46 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:16 PM

They must be very dumb to think they can stop people from uploading raw mangas to the internet it's the same thing with downloading a music album online for free or copying songs to your Ipod without buying them online. There are THOUSANDS of sites where you can download music for free so I bother and ask will people be stupid enough to spend .99 cents buying a song then free. It's the same thing with the manga.

Edited by Gravenimage, 27 April 2010 - 09:16 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#47 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 27 2010, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They must be very dumb to think they can stop people from uploading raw mangas to the internet it's the same thing with downloading a music album online for free or copying songs to your Ipod without buying them online. There are THOUSANDS of sites where you can download music for free so I bother and ask will people be stupid enough to spend .99 cents buying a song then free. It's the same thing with the manga.

I buy music for $0.99 because those free sites are illegal and could give me viruses.

AboojTi.gif

#48 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 27 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I buy music for $0.99 because those free sites are illegal and could give me viruses.

Soulseek doesn't have any viruses that's why I have 6,245 songs on my itunes library without spending a penny. smile.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 27 April 2010 - 09:28 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#49 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 27 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Soulseek doesn't have any viruses that's why I have 6,245 songs on my itunes library. smile.gif

I've never heard of Soulseek but unless it's legal, thanks but no thanks.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 27 April 2010 - 09:20 PM.

AboojTi.gif

#50 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 27 2010, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never heard of Soulseek but unless it's legal, thanks but no thanks.

It's more like file sharing that's how it works everyone share all kinds of files from music, movies, videos etc.

Edited by Gravenimage, 27 April 2010 - 09:30 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#51 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:31 PM

Well, that's just prime. First Youtube starts blocking everything good on the site and now they want to do this? Crap! How are we going to read the manga anymore?! shamefulcry0js.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#52 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (FullMetalMac @ Apr 27 2010, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, that's just prime. First Youtube starts blocking everything good on the site and now they want to do this? Crap! How are we going to read the manga anymore?! shamefulcry0js.gif

I know! It's terrible! All that matters to any of these idiots anymore is MONEY!

AboojTi.gif

#53 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 27 2010, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are THOUSANDS of sites where you can download music for free so I bother and ask will people be stupid enough to spend .99 cents buying a song then free.

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 27 2010, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gravenimage, I guess the answer to your question is yes. ^^

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#54 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:15 AM

Ugh... You guys didn't read at all what I said. They're suspending MATURE mangas for the time being.

#55 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:25 AM

Believe me, I wasn't really worried. And if it only applies to "mature" manga, I doubt that'll hold much water as well. This internet craze is too big to be contained with something like that. Everyone loves sharing stuff and everyone loves getting stuff for free.

Hell, I would start a no profit dvd rental place out of my own house, if I really had the time. Heck, there is a guy at my job that does that now. I mean, people do that for music, video games, movies, anime, books, all types of stuff. So when there are millions of people that love sharing all these different medias, how can you really bottle up something like that?

#56 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:43 AM

I buy all my music, and all my anime (Naruto) from iTunes... I buy all my Manga at Barnes & Nobles... Sure, I read them FIRST online but I do buy them after. I wouldn't have even bought the Manga at all if I didn't see online first. I wouldn't have bought my Shippuden episodes if I didn't see them online first (I saw original on t.v)

>.> Sure... It's piracy, but if Manga's weren't online I guarentee I would be "What the heck is Manga...?" but I'm
in love with them :,) So... Oh, well! I tried. If they take them offline then, hm... Their sales would be down. Pff... They can't take it offline anyways. No matter what it's gonna end up online. Who's to say that someone wouldn't post it online once they have English copies? American's can play the same game >P

#57 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 27 2010, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I buy all my music, and all my anime (Naruto) from iTunes... I buy all my Manga at Barnes & Nobles... Sure, I read them FIRST online but I do buy them after. I wouldn't have even bought the Manga at all if I didn't see online first. I wouldn't have bought my Shippuden episodes if I didn't see them online first (I saw original on t.v)

>.> Sure... It's piracy, but if Manga's weren't online I guarentee I would be "What the heck is Manga...?" but I'm
in love with them :,) So... Oh, well! I tried. If they take them offline then, hm... Their sales would be down. Pff... They can't take it offline anyways. No matter what it's gonna end up online. Who's to say that someone wouldn't post it online once they have English copies? American's can play the same game >P

It's funny, it's not even just an american vs. japanese or japanese vs. american. A whole bunch of countries do. I mean you can get manga/anime in spanish, polish, french, chinese, german...a whole bunch of countries. And they all pirate. I mean it's a global phenomenon.

Edited by No WhereMan, 28 April 2010 - 01:57 AM.

#58 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 28 2010, 02:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's funny, it's not even just an american vs. japanese or japanese vs. american. A whole bunch of countries do. I mean you can get manga/anime in spanish, polish, french, chinese, german...a whole bunch of countries. And they all pirate. I mean it's a global phenomenon.

Yeah. Unless they have Manga C.I.A in every country with super-computers I doubt Manga, or anyother thing like music, will be put offline for good. It's a small world with a LOT of people.

#59 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:26 AM

If this is true, then NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I don't mind buying manga- heck I buy it all the time. I'd just rather not buy all of Naruto because: A.) I have most of the anime.
B.) I like to read the manga free, just to see what's up ahead and filler free.
If this really happens, then
!!! sad.gif

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#60 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts