104 replies to this topic

#41 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:04 AM

The last of us looked great, I enjoyed the visuals, and I see the days of an ammo rat will come back again, I didn't had to go through this since Metro 2033, ammo is going to be scarce as hell. I personally loved the demo ending, that's what you call overkill.

And God of war, man, it was so nostalgic seeing Kratos again with the blades of chaos and the original outfit, it feels like going back to the first game. Gameplay is flawless and bloody, just as it should be.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#42 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:29 AM

My body is Reggie.

#43 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:31 AM

Also, I gotta say, I enjoyed the demo of Star Wars 1313 from the Gametrailers stream. I'd bet there'd be little to no lightsaber action, but it's fine with me.

#44 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:36 AM

Does anyone know if there's gonna be an announcement for a sequel to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn? The game was released two years ago and ended on a freaking cliff hanger.

#45 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Jun 4 2012, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My body is Reggie.

QUOTE (sardns @ Jun 4 2012, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know if there's gonna be an announcement for a sequel to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn? The game was released two years ago and ended on a freaking cliff hanger.

wow.png

I knew there was a game I was forgetting! I think GS4 is inevitable after Dark Dawn's ending, so I really hope they announce something. I haven't heard anything recently, but there was a big rumor that it was coming after Camelot was confirmed to be working on a 3DS title. Unfortunately, I think that turned out to be Mario Tennis Open. Hopefully we'll still hear something though, I can't see why they would end the game that way and not immediately work on a sequel.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 05 June 2012 - 04:55 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#46 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

Watch dogs demo:

I keep throwing money at the screen but nothing happens.

NOW, this looks like an game from the next generation. The world detail is mind blowing.

#47 Soul

Soul

Toriko's 1# fan!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the internet, Hanging out, drawing, reading and all that stuff..

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

One question guys...How did you watch E3 ?

#48 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

The last of us looks f****** awesome forget Halo 4 this game has my money! rawr.gif

Zeref@

You can either watch it on the G4 channel I think it's 209 or watch the videos at youtube.

Edited by Gravenimage, 05 June 2012 - 04:43 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#49 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

Love everything. Halo 4 looks amazing. 343i really impressed me and everyone else. I admit, giving them the Halo franchise was a little scary, but I had faith they would pull it off and it seems they did. So really excited.

Assassin's Creed III looks cool, but I am tired of people complaining about killing British people. Remember, Assassin's kill anyone they deem as a threat regardless of their culture or heritage.

RE6 looks amazing too.

Black ops...I really have no opinion pro or con. I am getting it for the zombies, but that's it really.

Splinter Cell....I am a little happy and sad at the same time. I am happy cause we get a game. I am sad because Micheal Ironside is no longer Sam Fisher. I mean, he is basically Sam Fisher. So I am a bit bummed.

While I did like Conviction and it's gameplay, I do kind of wish they would go back to a older formula. I may sound like how many others sound, but I kind of miss that older stealth aspect where we actually sneak around and grab the guys and hide the bodies so as not to be detected. Yeah gameplay was slow, but that's what the charm was.

The new gameplay is...I don't know. It feels like there is no consequence anymore. Take a guy out, get the special power-up and then automatically shoot everyone in the head taking out the entire field with little to no stealth involved. And the alarms become none existent. People say the stealth is still there and I guess it is there somewhere, but it's been extremely down played in favor of quicker action.

Honestly, play the first game, and then play Conviction. Doesn't feel like the same game at all.

BTW, Pikmin 3 *mouthdrool*
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (Zeref @ Jun 5 2012, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One question guys...How did you watch E3 ?

G4 website, channel, gametrailers live feed, gamespot.....just go to any video game website, and they'll most likely have either a live feed or live blog.

At the Watch Dogs gameplay trailer....if there's any doubt that Ubisoft can pull off a modern Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs dispelled it for me.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 05 June 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#51 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

I enjoyed Assassin's creed 3 demo, though I'm still annoyed how Ubisoft keep pushing us to the animus. The naval battles were best part no doubt.

Actually makes me wonder, if it wasn't for watch dogs, couldn't they have used this setting for assassin's creed 3? I think it would be much cooler.

#52 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jun 5 2012, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I enjoyed Assassin's creed 3 demo, though I'm still annoyed how Ubisoft keep pushing us to the animus. The naval battles were best part no doubt.

Actually makes me wonder, if it wasn't for watch dogs, couldn't they have used this setting for assassin's creed 3? I think it would be much cooler.

Pretty much, yeah. Insert a few references to Templars, Assassins, etc. to the gameplay trailer and it wouldn't have been that much different.

#53 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

Pikmin 3 biggrin.gif

I wanted to start off with something positive, because it gets underwhelming.

Nintendo...I thought it would be a cakewalk because they have the new hardware. But the lineup for Wii-u to me personally is underwhelming. Mass Effect, Arkham City etc are all games people have gotten to play through other consoles/PC. The features in Arkham City don't look necessary. And I though these games were supposed to look that much better? I don't see a difference if any. And why were most of the games demo'd on screen? Too many videos of "gameplay" where we see the person playing on the video.

Sing, Wii U Fit? Don't care. But I do understand, its things like that that make money for Nintendo.

The 3DS, they did justice. They are supporting it much better than Sony has with the Vita. If they had to take up a lot of time on one subject, it should have been on the 3DS and not Nintendoland. Nintendoland looked ok, but its not something I'd want to play all that often. Really let down that they ended with it and their little light show. Was hoping Link would suddenly jump out.

Microsoft ended with COD Blops 2
Sony with The Last of Us

Nintendo with Nintendoland.

Two years in a row, Im not blown away with the Wii-U, its bringing a lot of things that they already can do on the Wii, and a few third party games where I have played a few of them already, and the others I won't be buying on the Wii-U since I already have a group of people I play co-op/multiplayer on the other respective consoles.

No bomb dropped this year, just some sprinkly fireworks.

Hey, Reggie said his body was ready.

I'd give it a B, a stronger B than microsofts since Microsoft just had a great start but got progressively boring.

Sony had the best conference because of the number of exclusives shown and demo'd right before us. Their conference was no home run either, just the least disappointing.

The good news is the grading stuff is all just for fun, and E3 is no superbowl, nobody really wins or loses anything.
\

#54 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

*whistles*

Well, if anyone was worried about the Wii U not having a solid launch line-up, it looks like those fears have been dispelled. I kinda wish we got news on the new Smash Bros. or that mysterious Retro Studios project, but I suppose those are still early into development. Hopefully we'll get more news at TGS (at least for the former).

I'm looking forward to hearing more 3DS news tomorrow. Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario both look awesome. Just give me my Fire Emblem, and Nintendo wins this conference in my eyes.

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Jun 5 2012, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The good news is the grading stuff is all just for fun, and E3 is no superbowl, nobody really wins or loses anything.

LOL, I like that analogy, especially considering how passionate some video game fans get over stuff like this.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 05 June 2012 - 06:17 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#55 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,845 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

Was going to post it in its own thread: but its from E3 for the DOA fans:

Kokoro, Tina Armstrong and
Virtua Fighter guest no. 2 --Click here to view--
Sarah Bryant
confirmed.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#56 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

Seriously. Nintendo doesn't give me a reason to care about them anymore.

Wii U looks like its gonna still be a shovelware machine till the next cycle starts. They do get major hitters coming to Sony and MS as well, but we've played most of them for over a few months now, if not more.

In terms of rank for E3 conference:

I give Sony an B+ (the magic book thing got boring)
Microsoft - B (sequelitis, but they all look decent)
Nintendo - C- (Wii U titles are too underwhelming)

#57 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 5 2012, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sarah Bryant
confirmed.

WHAT IS AIR argh1.png argh1.png argh1.png

Bwuahahaha...I've been waiting since 4 came out pictureem0.gif

OTP and my Bby

#58 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

Apparently Watchdogs will use Microsoft's smart glass tech in some fashion.... Wii u style controls on your phone perhaps ? o_O
http://www.computera...tablet-support/

#59 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

Watch Dogs is now a must in my books to get.

Sandbox world, with modern day tech conspiracy story built in... nice.

#60 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 5 2012, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sarah Bryant