286 replies to this topic

#41 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

I can't help but think a bit differently though. The idea that Naruto got all bijuus seem like one way to overshadow in a least expected way from Naruto. There was more fluff to Naruto than Sasuke, regardless that Sasuke gets a new power as well. But something tells me something will be coming in the future. Now, we don't know what the new power is, but again, feel like something a bit more will happen down the road. While this is a curiosity out of me, I can't help but feel the fruit is going to happen. Something is going to happen...But first, this fight.

Yeah, that's why I said "more or less." I think it'll be more equal now than it would've been before though, when Naruto had Kurama and Sasuke had nothing (aside from his Sharingan and stuff).

Oh... And I forgot that the Juubi had the Sharingan, so that's where Kaguya got it from. And I suppose she already possessed the Byakugan herself, maybe? But no, she didn't have chakra until she got the fruit... Gah, this stuff confuses me.

I'm glad that what Naruto sensed inside Sasuke is cleared up now though. I always wondered about that.

Edited by Hiraishin, 02 April 2014 - 08:25 AM.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#42 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

Hmmmm....

So it seems both Naruto AND Sasuke were visited by he Sage of Six Paths who literally spoke to both saying "I am here to pass the torch to you, my sons."

First off, I don't think Sasuke and Naruto got the same power and here is why. Naruto got all nine of the tailed beasts supporting him, while Sasuke does not. Sasuke may be getting a power-up, but Naruto is getting a power-up plus help from the tailed beast who support him. Sasuke has no respect for any of them, but Naruto does. I think this is what shows their difference in power. Power from an individual is scary and at times can be weak, but power from yourself combines with the power of others you care about leads to you to be a true leader. This is why Sasuke will lose because he only believes in his own personal power.

"We're great friends, you know."

Ummm....okay, Naruto, but I doubt Sasuke thinks the same way. This is one of the more weirder lines I feel cause it is like "Is Naruto living in a delusional world?" How can they really be best friends when Sasuke wants to kill Naruto? I don't get it. It seems rather stupid to me with Naruto being just a little too naive and a little too forgiving, but I guess that is how the story should go.

Also, Sasuke whole path has been nothing but easy. Free power, free redemption, free forgiveness. Naruto can't forgive Nagato even though Nagato suffered so much, yet he can forgive Sasuke who tried to kill everyone he ever loved with little reason to do so. Seriously, favoritism is sometimes the reason why things get messed up and Sage of Six Paths just admitted too.

I find it interesting that Naruto and Sasuke are seen as the Sun and the Moon. Not really sure what it means exactly, but it is interesting. Sasuke is always living in the dark with only borrowed power from the sun as his own light? I don't know.

The whole Sharingan and Byakugan thing: I don't think combining them would make the Rinnegan. I think the Rinnegan is actually specifically tailored to the Ten-Tails and basically is a genetic trait passed on through it. The fact that both Naruto and Sasuke are reincarnations, it means both can achieve the Rinnegan if they wanted, by combining chakra and DNA, which means not just any Uchiha or Senju can acquire it. As we can tell reincarnations and descendants are two different things and means Hashirama could have gotten the Rinnegan as well.

Honestly, I think the Byakugan was just mentioned for a plug. Not really that important. However, I do think both eyes were made from the Rinnegan. If the Ten-Tails and this tree is far older than anything, than that means the Rinnegan is far older as well which means both were "born" so to speak or "children" to the Rinnegan.

This really does though seem rather odd as it seems to almost rewrite some details to better suit earlier stories or change it entirely. Or it just means the fact that the tail is so old, not many really remember the truth anymore.

As for the whole "NH stuff," I don't see a point. Again, it is stretching for anything people can get. "See Hinata is below Kushina which means they are alike." Okay, but Minato knows Kushina better and he said Sakura is like Kushina. Also, Sakura is closer to Naruto in the frame than Hinata is, what does that mean? Absolutely nothing. It is just the way it was drawn.

Both Gai and Madara are messed up and it seems Madara is enjoying this. "Hurt me more, dawg. Please."

Don't worry, KnS, you're not the only one. I hate Sasuke with a passion and he is by far the worst written character in history. As I said, he is a slave to the plot and whatever the plot needs him to be, he will become.

You know, I like the fact Sasuke was like skipped in a way, because it does beg the question, "how exactly did it went down?" Hagoromo got a much better reaction from Naruto than Sasuke as it felt like his part is more like "Sorry for being naive and maybe you could change" while with Naruto, it's like "You know, you're going to be a worthy successor." You know what I mean? I mean remember, this is a drastic moment since Madara could become a brand new god that will start a new era, so I guess you can say, well, I need to trust them, gamble on it. So, it does make me wonder, will this last long the working together or two will repeat history and even went to their end. That's how I see it.

#43 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

Atleast, I just pretty much hope that them gaining power ups doesn't spoil our wake up moment or in any way makes it less significant to the power ups. BTW, on second page it was said HEAVEN AND EARTH, Yin and Yang, different souls cross, was it that the H & E pointed to Naruto and Sasuke from the start? I sincerely hope not!!! 

Edited by narusaku256, 02 April 2014 - 08:52 AM.

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#44 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:52 AM

You know, the more I read it, the more I think I like it more than my first impression. First of all, didn't dwell too much on the parallel, kept it short and simple as it was obvious already as well as obvious revelation on who is the other reincarnation. Second, it somewhat foreshadowed that Indra and his reincarnations are the root of all evil and need to finally be stopped, but now it's up to Ashura and his reincarnations to do the work, but it took a while until Naruto is the perfect worthy successor. Third, the idea that Sasuke got granted power from Hagoromo will have him obtain something new than Madara as he did stopped the process, so Sasuke can go sinister, if he truly desires that direction. Lastly, the conversation was skipped and some of the panels are telling that the talk wasn't as smooth or comforting as Naruto has. In fact, it would seem like Sasuke will go down the same usual lane as Indra and his other reincarnations. Naruto, on the other hand, is much different and he is more of himself with the same heart as Ashura. Something tells me that we may see the conversation with Sasuke later on. I feel like the way Kishi did it is somewhat telling. Right now, we need to get rid of Madara, who is trying to be Kaguya the male edition. No matter what, Naruto and Sasuke will fight each other.

#45 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

Oh... And I forgot that the Juubi had the Sharingan, so that's where Kaguya got it from. And I suppose she already possessed the Byakugan herself, maybe? But no, she didn't have chakra until she got the fruit... Gah, this stuff confuses me.

I think the popular opinion is that she already possessed the Byakugan prior to eating the fruit. In the last chapter, Kaguya was portrayed with having just a thin aperture on her forehead where the Sharingan/Rinnegan admixture would have appeared. Both of those doujutsu were likely inherited from the Jubi.

There was also a tell-tale sign in the sequence of references made when Hagoromo touched upon the subject of doujutsu. The Byakugan was referenced first, as if it were the initial ability in a continuing list of things. He also distinctively chastised the Sharingan for its powers - it was singled out. 

#46 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

You know, I like the fact Sasuke was like skipped in a way, because it does beg the question, "how exactly did it went down?" Hagoromo got a much better reaction from Naruto than Sasuke as it felt like his part is more like "Sorry for being naive and maybe you could change" while with Naruto, it's like "You know, you're going to be a worthy successor." You know what I mean? I mean remember, this is a drastic moment since Madara could become a brand new god that will start a new era, so I guess you can say, well, I need to trust them, gamble on it. So, it does make me wonder, will this last long the working together or two will repeat history and even went to their end. That's how I see it.

I agree. We don't know what Sasuke wants whether or not it was selfish or what. We just know that Naruto is the child that is destined to do great and wonderful things.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#47 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

I agree. We don't know what Sasuke wants whether or not it was selfish or what. We just know that Naruto is the child that is destined to do great and wonderful things.

Naruto got put over big time like a main eventer, while Sasuke is teasing a possible heel turn. Also, since the rumored Toad Sage was brought up, this does feel like the "young man with sinister eyes" will be Sasuke. That would also mean a heel turn is coming.

#48 sindy

sindy

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:07 AM

is that me or  Hagoromo has pinky hair ?!

tumblr_ndenezYXEx1tqb1xzo1_500.gif

#49 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

Can we talk about Sakura for a moment? I mean she's done a great job healing everyone and saving Naruto, but after this chapter I can't help but feel like Kishimoto is shoehorning Sakura off to be a background character once more healing everyone and watching from the sidelines while Sasuke and Naruto get all the glory and power ups. What about Sakura? Doesn't she deserve another power up of sorts like Naruto and Sasuke, so she can be on equaling footing with them? I know it seems kinda silly, but seriously I want Sakura to be shown as the heroine that she is! Not be put in the background and let the boys have all the fun, she deserves to be in this fight as much as them!

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#50 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

is that me or  Hagoromo has pinky hair ?!

Well he kinda does... It's rather a dark pink, lol.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#51 sindy

sindy

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

Well he kinda does... It's rather a dark pink, lol.

GR1gBp.jpg Qm4yZc.png

tumblr_ndenezYXEx1tqb1xzo1_500.gif

#52 Rakshasa

Rakshasa

Shadow Dancer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

em, well.. I`m quite dissapointed with the chapter.

o really? Sasuke got the candy again, by beeing selfish and uncarring, by causing troubles to everyone, just because he`s Indra reincarnation.. oh, well. he even got Naruto`s approval once again.

it`s all just wrong to me.hope he`ll show us his true nature once again and Naruto will finally be dissapointed in him  :kukuku: but that likely will not happen

I want Sakura to shine so badly.. Kishi, don`t you dare make her unimportant in upcoming events ><

happy Bijuu reunion.. in Naruto himself. yay!

and hey, with this chapter it`s gonna be the activization of not NaruHina fans, but NaruSasu.. omg.

6c8623224615.gif     

#53 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

The Sage was also in Sasuke's mind and he's Indra's reincarnation.

I'm totally mind-blown by the fact that Hagoromo were in Sasuke's mind too !
I totally didn't expect this to happen !

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#54 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

@toastywarrior

that what happen when you have a rivality as a main focus of the story in shonen jump. and while sakura is a heroine and main character, she is not a focus character(naruto & sasukeh) or a lead character(naruto).

and naruto vs sasuke is the last fight that already hype to death by kishi himself.

sakura will get power up, since I believe kishi will give her one final fight, maybe againts karin or juugo or sui or kabuto or even orochimaru.

#55 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

Can we talk about Sakura for a moment? I mean she's done a great job healing everyone and saving Naruto, but after this chapter I can't help but feel like Kishimoto is shoehorning Sakura off to be a background character once more healing everyone and watching from the sidelines while Sasuke and Naruto get all the glory and power ups. What about Sakura? Doesn't she deserve another power up of sorts like Naruto and Sasuke, so she can be on equaling footing with them? I know it seems kinda silly, but seriously I want Sakura to be shown as the heroine that she is! Not be put in the background and let the boys have all the fun, she deserves to be in this fight as much as them!

Right now, Naruto and Sasuke are receiving their spiritually ensured coat of arms from the closest thing that could be likened to a deity in their universe. They have the blessings of Hagoromo, they're the reincarnated counterparts to his children, and they were both genetically advantaged at birth. Sakura's teammates couldn't be in such a comparatively stronger position than they're in now.

The source of their power-ups is in-born, it's related to their connection with the Sage. How is Sakura supposed to equal that with the hand she's been dealt? It's not a matter of whether or not she's deserving - what's important is her spiritual nature and how closely related to the Sage she is. 

#56 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

Great chapter. Who cares about the Byakugan on kaguya?

Well, out of all things that NH fans could say now, which I think would be really stupid and make no sense at all because this chapter was all about brotherhood, Naruto/Sasuke, Ashura/Indra, and not at all building bond between Naruto and Hinata through some Byakugan on Kaguya...
I'm concerned about what Kishi told us about Byakugan, that it was derivated from Sharingan. He also said that all doujutsu was derivated from Rinnegan. To me it's really weird that Hagoromo's mother had both Sharingan and Byakugan. Because this makes Sharingan and Byakugan the real origin of all Doujutsu, that gave birth to Rinnegan, which had been separated again to became Sharingan and Byakugan.
I don't know, it's like Kishi is permanently re-writing his story.

Edited by Otaru, 02 April 2014 - 11:20 AM.

#57 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

this chapter just reminds me of this

18-Suikoden_2_-_10_015.png

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#58 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

Naruto and Sasuke Heaven & Earth? Hyuga potential plot relevancy? Sasuke meeting with SO6P just to be on equal footing with Naruto?

tumblr_myypi3ZzhI1qj72h8o1_500.gif

You know, this heaven & earth thing, over everything else, is utterly false. And I'm really disappointed because Kishi seems to not care at all. Back then, Sasuke was presented to us like he was both heaven & earth. Naruto was heaven, lacking earth, and Sakura was earth, lackin heaven (or the other way around, I don't remember). Really, I don't understand why Kishi is destroying what he once wrote.

Edited by Otaru, 02 April 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#59 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

Actually I'm really chilled. My problem is that they will use this as evidence, when it isn't.

Actually i dont even care, i just felt that this whole Ashura and Indra the most retarded thing i've read on this manga.
He said nothing new and in the end he pratically said "Here take my power and use it to kill each other in the end."

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 02 April 2014 - 10:17 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#60 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

A decent chapter, kinda sucks Sasuke is yet again getting power handed to him. I guess it has been the same for Naruto but as he is main character it's expected. But for Sasuke it's like everything has been given to him -__-

The only reason why he should have been given the power is, otherwise Naruto would have just obliterated Sasuke in a fight, if only Naruto was the one to get the sage's power. Guess I was right about the Madara and Hashimara being the previous reincarnates of the Sage's sons. Yeah not much to talk about, looking forward to seeing Guy's new technique in the next chapter... Oh and The Great Toad Sage is incredibly old! Been alive since the Sage's time damn :o Someone else mentioned it, but I hope Sakura does not get pushed into the background she should get another power up! Quite cool that the Sage has pink hair colour too haha

10wnpqp.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users