#41 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (crazyefra @ Jul 28 2011, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This chapter proved that Madara's "lie" to Sasuke is in fact the truth cool.gif ...Itachi did told Naruto to stop talking, so it might also be that he is hurt about Sasuke ignoring his (Itachi) will.

That very much is true Efra Madara used Sasuke's pain, his affection and devotion for Itachi, as well as the suffering he went through by his actions to guide him into a new darker path of revenge. He's not brainwashing him with a genjutsu of the sort all the choices Sasuke made them on his own free will which benefit Madara's plans.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#42 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:01 AM

Yeah Smiter it'll definitely be over sometime in 2012, any longer would just be ridiculous.

#43 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Jul 28 2011, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah Smiter it'll definitely be over sometime in 2012, any longer would just be ridiculous.

You say this and then you look at something like Bleach that should have already ended.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#44 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Jul 28 2011, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You say this and then you look at something like Bleach that should have already ended.

nawww, just needs a new bullsh** no jutsu villain with ridiculous powers.

#45 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Jul 28 2011, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that's what I see happening. All the loose ends seem like they're being tied up at long last, so unless he really drags out the war, I doubt it'll go past next summer, at the latest. But we'll see, I just think it's hard to continue the plot after a world war concludes. I mean, how do you top that?

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Jul 28 2011, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bleach had way too many loose ends to tie up, so the comparison doesn't really fit. Every once in a while I'll watch/read an old episode/chapter of Bleach and still see stuff Kubo hasn't addressed. I remember thinking the plot would end with Aizen, but thinking, "Really? He's gonna end the plot without addressing Isshin's past, Sado's powers, Grimmjow's fate, and Yachiru's namesake (Kenpachi claimed he named Yachiru after the 'only person he ever admired', I shiver thinking of Kenpachi admiring someone wink.gif )?" I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of, but I would have been royally ticked if the plot ended on that note.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#46 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (pharix @ Jul 28 2011, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right on the money cool.gif
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#47 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:18 AM

As I expected, this chapter was just all kinds of awesome! The fighting was awesome and even when the focus shifted to Itachi's past, Sasuke and Madara, it did so without all the angst that used to turn me away from anything that had to do with the Uchiha clan. Like others have mentioned, Nagato and Itachi just seems to content, as do Naruto and Bee. Its like an all out sparring session between Godzilla, Neo, Batman and Chuck Norris! cool.gif

Also, I am really looking forward to finding out what Itachi's gift is. Hopefully it will be something to counter and/or resist the sharingan, because as it stands now those things are damn near invinsible. happy.gif

Oh and that Sakura fanart is indeed kittening awesome! So awesome in fact, that it has now become my desktop wallpaper! wink.gif

Edited by TerrorKing, 29 July 2011 - 02:19 AM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#48 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:43 AM

I liked this chapter. Nagato seems so much at ease, and the way he smiled at and expressed complete confidence in Naruto was my favorite part of the chapter. I think as soon as Naruto is able to reach Nagato and immobilize him he'll be freed from Kabuto and be released from this world. Itachi, although he's decided he made the right choice in leaving Sasuke to Naruto, still has so many burdens, I wonder if Naruto will just have to seal him away in the end.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#49 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jul 28 2011, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Loved this chapter, and can't wait to see what happens next week. smile.gif I agree with those who think the manga is drawing to a close, we've seen a lot of questions answered recently, and Kishimoto is pulling out all the stops with the recent fights. Could we be seeing the end of Naruto sometime in 2012?

It might smiter but with Naruto's popularity they might run it until the 2020s

QUOTE (pharix @ Jul 29 2011, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jutsu doesn't apply to Bleach mellow.gif and any action manga series would prolong with that, prime example: Dragon Ball rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jul 29 2011, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I liked this chapter. Nagato seems so much at ease, and the way he smiled at and expressed complete confidence in Naruto was my favorite part of the chapter. I think as soon as Naruto is able to reach Nagato and immobilize him he'll be freed from Kabuto and be released from this world. Itachi, although he's decided he made the right choice in leaving Sasuke to Naruto, still has so many burdens, I wonder if Naruto will just have to seal him away in the end.

Well Itachi ALWAYS had faith in Naruto right?

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 July 2011 - 04:37 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#50 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jul 28 2011, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Loved this chapter, and can't wait to see what happens next week. smile.gif I agree with those who think the manga is drawing to a close, we've seen a lot of questions answered recently, and Kishimoto is pulling out all the stops with the recent fights. Could we be seeing the end of Naruto sometime in 2012?

Not just the end of Naruto...argh1.png LOL jk pictureem0.gif heheelq7.png I'm trollin' ya.

Sakura fanart = bad*ss sakura.gif
OTP and my Bby

#51 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:46 AM

Once the war ends and the Sasuke conflict concluded, there isn't much to go on and continue the story anymore. Like Boom said alot of things are going to be revealed in this war. The only way to continue after the war is to introduce a completely new threat which I won't really like. Once Naruto becomes Hokage, Kishi should really wrap up the manga. Usually in mangas where the objective has been introduced from the start of the story and emphasized throughout, once that objective is met the story usually ends. Eg. Inuyasha - destroy the Shikon no Tama. FMA - Ed and Al getting their bodies back. Even Avatar: TLA - Defeat the firelord. I guess one piece would end once Luffy becomes the pirate king. For Bleach defeating Aizen wasn't the main focus at the start of the series when Ichigo got his powers. So Kubo could drag is as long as he can.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#52 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Jul 28 2011, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (pharix @ Jul 28 2011, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess the Soul King and Royal Guard isn't important to the plot.

#53 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Jul 29 2011, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess the Soul King and Royal Guard isn't important to the plot.

You have no say in here Kubo, did you forgot how you tempted Kishimoto to the Troll side of the force? hm.png

http://lauraneato.de...-...8191?q=&qo=

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#54 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:10 PM

*ROFLS* Oh god, that strip is just pure epicness!!!! laugh.gif

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#55 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Jul 29 2011, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once the war ends and the Sasuke conflict concluded, there isn't much to go on and continue the story anymore. Like Boom said alot of things are going to be revealed in this war. The only way to continue after the war is to introduce a completely new threat which I won't really like. Once Naruto becomes Hokage, Kishi should really wrap up the manga. Usually in mangas where the objective has been introduced from the start of the story and emphasized throughout, once that objective is met the story usually ends. Eg. Inuyasha - destroy the Shikon no Tama. FMA - Ed and Al getting their bodies back. Even Avatar: TLA - Defeat the firelord. I guess one piece would end once Luffy becomes the pirate king. For Bleach defeating Aizen wasn't the main focus at the start of the series when Ichigo got his powers. So Kubo could drag is as long as he can.

But Bleach doesn't have an objective mellow.gif and even though it's true that the the series should end after they complete their objective a series can be pestered into continuing, trust me on that editors and fans could keep egging on an artist to keep prolonging the the until they are satisfied. although I only know that happened to Dragon Ball so far headscratch.gif

#56 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

his chapter proved that Madara's "lie" to Sasuke is in fact the truth cool.gif

No, he lied.

http://www.mangaread...hapter-399.html

It wasn't a "natura desaster", it was Madara who controlled the Nine-Tails and tried to take revenge on the village.
Imho that's a very important fact.
Madara also tried to let the story look like a campain of disempowerment for the Uchia ... wich is also not true.

Hm.
As more as I think about Madaras story, as more he becomes a victim of his Timeline to me. Seek power, no mater what it takes.
"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#57 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (lupina @ Jul 29 2011, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, he lied.

http://www.mangaread...hapter-399.html

It wasn't a "natura desaster", it was Madara who controlled the Nine-Tails and tried to take revenge on the village.
Imho that's a very important fact.
Madara also tried to let the story look like a campain of disempowerment for the Uchia ... wich is also not true.

Hm.
As more as I think about Madaras story, as more he becomes a victim of his Timeline to me. Seek power, no mater what it takes.

Its true that Madara said a couple of lies (the Kyuubi being a natural disaster, Madara saying that he wanted to protect Uchiha which it was complete bullcrap making himself look like a victim to Sasuke) however the Itachi part was true, the Uchiha rebellion that was true, Itachi turning traitor for the protection of the village and Sasuke that was true. His plan to make Sasuke look like a hero of the Uchiha clan by killing him that was true.

Edited by Gravenimage, 29 July 2011 - 03:16 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#58 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jul 29 2011, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have no say in here Kubo, did you forgot how you tempted Kishimoto to the Troll side of the force? hm.png

http://lauraneato.de...-...8191?q=&qo=

LMFAO!!!! Last panel~~ OMG pure funny!! XDD

#59 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jul 29 2011, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But Bleach doesn't have an objective mellow.gif and even though it's true that the the series should end after they complete their objective a series can be pestered into continuing, trust me on that editors and fans could keep egging on an artist to keep prolonging the the until they are satisfied. although I only know that happened to Dragon Ball so far headscratch.gif

Did you read my post properly? I said Bleach didn't have a main focus since the start. And I'm fully aware of the editors pestering the mangaka to prolong the series but that's not the point of my post.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#60 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:02 AM

No you said defeating Aizen wasn't the main objective that's different than saying there was no objective from the start

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 July 2011 - 12:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users