118 replies to this topic

#41 ninja_salamander

ninja_salamander

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

I was happy to see Tobi going to do something with kinkaku but damn couldn't get to know it,

and yeah WTF is wrong with kishi making sasuke's character totally unpredictable. I am also seriously thinking that their won't be any time where Naruto will be shown to defeat sasuke and I think he will make sasuke as big a hero Naruto will be in the end by making sasuke help Naruto defeat the 10 tails maybe or any other final villain. I want anything but that from happening. I will be very happy if Naruto is the only person becoming the hero in the end but it chances seem highly unlikely. I think Naruto will not become the hero alone but sasuke will accompany him there also or if the final fight is between Naruto and Sasuke I am sure Naruto and sasuke will both die or both live with Naruto suffering from more injuries than sasuke.

I seriously hate the way kishi make uchihas so overpowered. And what is wrong with Uchiha Madara saying he won't use complete susanoo again, this way kishi has just proved that susanoo complete form is unbeatable. Currently I am willing to pay anything to see Naruto get screentime in the main fights as well as become the hero but I don't think it will happen at all.

Nowadays I also don't feel that Naruto has anything good remaining in it mainly due to seeing Uchihas get more screentime and upgrades and power equal to and even more than that of jinchurikis. Kishi either should have made jincurikis more strong but no Uchihas can defeat jinchurikis with their perfect susanoo.

Sorry if some people don't like it but since the time kabuto vs sasuke/itachi fight started I was starting to get annoyed more and more and nowadays it is just coming out. I mean every and every manga has a hero with largest screen time

DBZ- Goku
One Piece- Luffy
Bleach- Ichigo
Death Note- L

And the above ones also don't have the name given to the character but this one where the name is on a chracter in the manga is not getting the heroism and the screen time the hero should deserve

#42 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jul 4 2012, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tired of the Uchiha-driven plot.

Yes. dry.gif
And tired of our reaction-only hero, Naruto.

I am ready for Naruto to have the plot move along because of him, for him to get powerups, for him to get fight scenes and touching moments, and for him to get super secret scrolls leaving us at cliffhangers.

YES. hm.png
And did anyone else feel like this chapter connected the dots of Itachi's redemption of Sasuke? From now on, if Sasuke fights for good, overtly or in secret, it can all be traced back to this point, where Sasuke came to some decision about himself due to Sasuke.

Again, wasn't it Naruto's job to redeem Sasuke? I have a feeling that Kishimoto is going to give Naruto a pass on redeeming Sasuke, like so many other hurdles that have been set up for him, and slide Naruto into the role of reactor rather than a driver.

Sure, Sasuke may come in at the end and save Naruto, the Kages, whoever, but it won't resolve the plot thread established and reestablished over and over again that it was Naruto's job. Naruto getting saved by Sasuke is not the same as Naruto actively saving Sasuke.

YES!!! rawr.gif

You're post pretty much summed up everything that annoyed me about this chapter.

I didn't hate all of it (the bits of the Tobi and Naruto fight, and the kages fight with Madara - despite lack of proper explanation for his move last chapter), but seriously, enough with the Uchiha.

Speaking of the Tobi and Naruto fight, it should be interesting to see this incomplete 10 tails, to say the least. The rookies will sure have their work cut out for them when they get there to help.

Edited by Paptala, 04 July 2012 - 04:59 PM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#43 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

OK, so I'm not sure of what to say about this chapter... I'll just try to give my different my opinions about it:

-OK so the face Sasuke has in the first page reminds me a lot of the face he had after the battle with Naruto. I'm not sure anymore if he is hesitating of his intentions (it seems like it to me), but now I wonder what he really wants. Last time I checked, all he was thinking about was about destroying everyone in Konoha. Now I see him as an angst teenager who doesn't know what he wants after all (that's my opinion so don't worry about it). I just hope that he battles Naruto in the end. In fact, wouldn't it be ironic he he decided to do the same Naruto did? I remember Naruto saying that when he faced Sasuke, he would truly know the answer he was looking for, right?

-Now then, about Uchiha Madara... he's too arrogant for his own good. It's funny that the kages proved him wrong about the myth of people seeing the perfect Susano'o and dying (they haven't died yet, right?). But I hate that he has the power to back up his arrogance. Up until now, apparently he has no weak spots and he's ridiculously overpowerful. So what now? Do we need an "Edo Tensei'd Hashirama Senju with Uchihas cells to battle him?" I don't think that's possible. Then what? Reaper Death Seal then? Whatever it's needed, I would personally prefer that Madara died first, even before Naruto and Tobi. Heh, this desire becomes even more intense when I wonder now how the kage's power has been left in nothing (I have to explain myself in this point: OK so you know how Hiruzen was able to defeat the First and the Second by himself, plus he was able to stop Orochimaru in his tracks. Also, Minato was able to take down armies and stop both Tobi and Kurama from attacking Konoha. Well, that shows us that they were a force to be reckoned. And it also showed us that people become truly powerful when they have something to protect. Sarutobi had the village to protect and Namikaze had both the village and his family to protect. Now then, Uchiha Madara has nothing to protect as far as I remember. Then why can he stand the five kages? Yeah, I know.... he's a villain and he's one of the most powerful shinobi the world of Naruto has ever met. But he has nothing and no one to protect, and this should be what leads him to his fall. Until now, I haven't seen that sleep.gif ). All the ranting and all the personal rage aside, I wonder what he meant when he said "unsightly..."

-On to the expected battlefield, we see everyone giving their best to stop Tobi. For some reason, I feel happy to see Naruto being confident in this battle. In fact, I believe that the fact that Tobi wants to do this technique now shows us that he's probably getting desperate: something we haven't seen from him yet. I really want to see how this battle will work now. happy.gif

-And back to Sasuke... Juugo and Suigetsu have found him. Juugo finds out that Anko is alive (I'm truly glad to know this), but I'm really... how do I say it... disturbed to see Sasuke's reaction after hearing that Madara was still around. And why is he recalling the fact that his brother and Shisui needed to protect Konoha? Does protecting Konoha means that he's also protecting the clan's name? Did Madara ruin it somehow?

-And now, another piece to the puzzle... what does that scroll has that made Sasuke decide to talk to Orochimaru? and another interesting question... what is this "everything" that only Orochimaru knows? This may sound foolish, but this is something that I actually want to find out.

Overall, there are many feelings I have about this chapter, but I don't have the interest to rage to Kishi. I'll just let him work on the story and see how it all turns out in the end. I do have one request for him, though... is he has shown us about Anko, I would also be happy if he could gives us some light on Captain Yamato as well.

#44 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

So...Orochimaru's still alive? I can't remember the details, but if his soul is sealed in Itachi's Susano, maybe Sasuke can bring him back with his own Susano. Somehow....

Or maybe Suigetsu's scroll contains the Dragonballs. At this point, I really wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jul 4 2012, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True. True sleep.gif . I find Naruto more interesting because with him, we have that feeling that we want to keep rooting for him. Sasuke, not so much. At this point, I honestly don't mind if he's killed off now. I'm honestly finding myself more excited over Fairy Tail instead of Naruto as of lately.

Go Team Fairy Tail! happy.gif

But yeah, I've been in the same boat for a while now. People give Mashima a lot of crap for what seems like him making up plot points on the fly, but he honestly seems to treat his characters a lot better than Kishi does. The fact that support characters like Elfman, Cana, and Juvia are getting more panel-time than Kishi's main heroine is pretty good evidence of that.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 04 July 2012 - 06:26 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#45 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

Okay, I think I can help everyone here. I didn't have any problem following the chapter and getting what Kishimoto was writing- maybe it takes having a number of years reading manga and Japanese literature to get the more subtle chapters like this.... I kind of liked the chapter- despite the Uchiha focus ;)

And did anyone else feel like this chapter connected the dots of Itachi's redemption of Sasuke? From now on, if Sasuke fights for good, overtly or in secret, it can all be traced back to this point, where Sasuke came to some decision about himself due to Sasuke.

Not redemption yet- ground's been set for it with Sasuke's confused state (Kishimoto is making it concrete again how Itachi described Sasuke- naive, easily swayed by the right words. Naruto may not be smart, but he is not naive, he cannot be fooled on his ideals, Sasuke can- it's what makes Sasuke come across as the least intelligent of past and present Team Kakashi in part 2 of the manga, he has no true sense of self, he binds his identity to whoever convinces him best. Where Itachi had a profound sense of who he was, but got put into an impossible situation where the two core parts of himself- loyal Konoha ninja and member of the Uchiha clan smashed against each other, leaving a psychologically shattered person. ) but no, he's not redeemed. Sasuke is going to do something very disturbing and bad first.

Anyway, about the curse mark. Anyone think it was strange to show what looked to be Sasuke's neck, then a panel later show Madara rubbing his neck where a curse mark might be?

That's Anko- you can see the fishnet shirt, and remember she does have the curse mark... I'll reveal the what very disturbing thing it looks like Kishimoto was hinting Sasuke will do shortly.

QUOTE (dokueki(venom) @ Jul 4 2012, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My favorite is where Jugo picked up Anko. lol! Not sure if he was doing to rescue her or take her for Sasukes quest which what she'll end up as anyway. Kabuto did take her so he could absorb the power she got from Orochimaru so maybe she is the key to finding Orochimaru. I don't think Karin would be fangirling over Sasuke. Besides looks like Suigetsu took over that position.

Yeah I laugh.gif over Suigetsu's sudden Sasuke fanboying, hmm, Suigetsu may have hated the mutual attraction he saw starting between Sasuke because he was jealous. laugh.gif

You're kind of on the right track on what it sure does look like Kishimoto is hinting- see above about the panel that focused on the curse mark seal on Anko's neck...

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Jul 4 2012, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So many things to talk about in this chapter.

First off, Madara is a beast. Second, the Ten Tails is coming back, so you know its gonna be a party. Third- WHAT THE kitten HAPPENED TO SASUKE'S RESOLUTION?All it took was a couple of words from his dead brother in order for him to become a sane, clear thinking man?

I don't like where this is going.

It's not going where you think it is yet. Sasuke's going to do something very bad and disturbing first. The summoning/return of Orochimaru though is obviously going to lead to more flashbacks. We're going to get the full Orochimaru's Tale from his POV, not just what triggered his trip to the very dark path he tread from his POV- the cemetery scene with Hiruzen and the white snake skin when Orochimaru was around 6-8 years old. I know some of you hate the long flashback stuff, but it's just a story conceit so that we learn more of the Shinobi world history along with a story character/characters.

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Jul 4 2012, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually no. He is stuck in something more powerful than the death god (The same reason why the Hokage can never return). Remember? He was hit by the Totsuka Blade. "...enchanted blade capable of sealing any person it pierces."

Itachi just called it "an eternal genjutsu" so it may not be a sealing like the Death God's, I think it will turn out to be something the Uchiha clan are able to manipulate (I hear the groans of everyone about another Uchiha clan powerup. ;)

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Jul 4 2012, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for the chapter, I didn't actually feel disappointed. Tsuchikage will die.

Tsuchikage and Anko. (catching where I feel Kishimoto is going with having Anko along, the panel focus on her curse seal and the bad and very disturbing thing Sasuke is going to do? )

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Jul 4 2012, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, so I'm not sure of what to say about this chapter... I'll just try to give my different my opinions about it:

-OK so the face Sasuke has in the first page reminds me a lot of the face he had after the battle with Naruto. I'm not sure anymore if he is hesitating of his intentions (it seems like it to me), but now I wonder what he really wants. Last time I checked, all he was thinking about was about destroying everyone in Konoha. Now I see him as an angst teenager who doesn't know what he wants after all (that's my opinion so don't worry about it).

It's partly that and partly Sasuke has never truly had any sense of his own identity- this is why he jumps all over the place (it's not bad writing by Kishimoto but an intentional thing.) Sasuke still has no sense of himself truly as an individual, he's still stuck identity developmentally wise as a child, and a child that had already been brainwashed by his parents to only think of himself as part of the Uchiha clan.)

-Now then, about Uchiha Madara... he's too arrogant for his own good. It's funny that the kages proved him wrong about the myth of people seeing the perfect Susano'o and dying (they haven't died yet, right?). But I hate that he has the power to back up his arrogance. Up until now, apparently he has no weak spots and he's ridiculously overpowerful. So what now? Do we need an "Edo Tensei'd Hashirama Senju with Uchihas cells to battle him?" I don't think that's possible. Then what? Reaper Death Seal then?

Heh, how about an Edo Tensei Mito Uzumaki to battle him. She was key to Hashirama defeating Madara, and Madara has a sexist streak that I'd like to see smacked down by the kunoichi in this manga. (His sneering comment to Tsunade about her gender, and note how Madara overtly leaves out how Mito Uzumaki played a big role in the smack down too. Can't deal with being beat by a woman. laugh.gif )

-And now, another piece to the puzzle... what does that scroll has that made Sasuke decide to talk to Orochimaru? and another interesting question... what is this "everything" that only Orochimaru knows? This may sound foolish, but this is something that I actually want to find out.

The history of Konoha and perhaps the shinobi world itself. He may even have more info on the Rikudo Sennin than Jiraiya or Tobi. Okay here's what I think Kishimoto is hinting about concerning Anko, the curse seal and the very disturbing and bad thing Sasuke is going to do. Sasuke is going to use Orochimaru's body stealing technique to place his soul in Anko's body. This will be done so he can question Orochimaru. Sasuke will do something evil in an attempt to force Orochimaru to give him the answers to his questions.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#46 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jul 4 2012, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, I think I can help everyone here. I didn't have any problem following the chapter and getting what Kishimoto was writing- maybe it takes having a number of years reading manga and Japanese literature to get the more subtle chapters like this.... I kind of liked the chapter- despite the Uchiha focus wink.gif

Not redemption yet- ground's been set for it with Sasuke's confused state (Kishimoto is making it concrete again how Itachi described Sasuke- naive, easily swayed by the right words. Naruto may not be smart, but he is not naive, he cannot be fooled on his ideals, Sasuke can- it's what makes Sasuke come across as the least intelligent of past and present Team Kakashi in part 2 of the manga, he has no true sense of self, he binds his identity to whoever convinces him best. Where Itachi had a profound sense of who he was, but got put into an impossible situation where the two core parts of himself- loyal Konoha ninja and member of the Uchiha clan smashed against each other, leaving a psychologically shattered person. ) but no, he's not redeemed. Sasuke is going to do something very disturbing and bad first.

How can he do something really bad if he is uncertain about what he's going to do now.
Remember kishi already settled up his redemption, anko already regain conciousness and knows that "sasuke" and "itachi" defeated kabuto, plus the tsuchikage says that whoever put an end to the edo tensei is a hero of the shinobi world, this is a clear hint.
The most stupid thing is madara told that he's not going to kill the kages because of this:

Whatthekitteni'mreading --Click here to view--

after all that fight he says: my enjoyment has ruined, i guess might as well go get the kyuubi now.

sad.gif

SK-303_image007.jpg

#47 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Sasuke has NOT been redeemed not in the slightest, I am unsure why people would think so, if he was redeemned he would return to the "right" side but instead what is he doing, going to Orochimaru for "answers"

doesn't seem like redemtion to me

Itachi realized that he could not save Sasuke he told Naruto as much, this remains Naruto's task as it has been since Sasuke left the village so many episodes ago

as for Orochimaru his goal was immortality so that he could learn every jutsu there was if you think he didn't have an escape planned for every outcome then you never really understood his character

Edited by Verilance, 04 July 2012 - 07:54 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#48 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

he is not redeemed but i'm saying that he redeeming is already set-up.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#49 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

it has been set up since the battle at the final valley...

Naruto will be the one to redeem Sasuke this is what the manga has been leading to and what will happen

#50 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

Well, think about it. If Sasuke is ever to be redeemed, it can't just pop out of nowhere. Can't some at least give Kishi credit for not deciding to pull Sasuke's redemption out of nowhere in the future and is actually trying to make it more likely/believable?

I don't think Sasuke's redemption will go as far as going back in the village -as I said before-, but maybe most people will forgive him for his crimes and they'll continue to allow him to do what he wants outside of the village. Since the 5 great Shinobi forces have this little truce going on, I'm sure someone will be able to pull off some kind of deal with letting Sasuke free.

It's bound to happen, no matter how much some don't want that. I too would like Sasuke to face some punishment for all that he's done. He's always been so spoiled, I feel he doesn't deserve the redemption he's bound to have. But what I want goes against what Naruto wants, so it doesn't really matter. 111193.gif

Edited by kirabook, 04 July 2012 - 08:21 PM.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#51 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jul 4 2012, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, think about it. If Sasuke is ever to be redeemed, it can't just pop out of nowhere. Can't some at least give Kishi credit for not deciding to pull Sasuke's redemption out of nowhere in the future and is actually trying to make it more likely/believable?

I don't think Sasuke's redemption will go as far as going back in the village -as I said before-, but maybe most people will forgive him for his crimes and they'll continue to allow him to do what he wants outside of the village. Since the 5 great Shinobi forces have this little truce going on, I'm sure someone will be able to pull off some kind of deal with letting Sasuke free.

It's bound to happen, no matter how much some don't want that. I too would like Sasuke to face some punishment for all that he's done. He's always been so spoiled, I feel he doesn't deserve the redemption he's bound to have. But what I want goes against what Naruto wants, so it doesn't really matter. 111193.gif

I think he will receive any punishment because it's a shounen and the author itself didnt made anything related to karma on this anime.
i didnt see any villains dying in a horrible way.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#52 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jul 4 2012, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, I think I can help everyone here. I didn't have any problem following the chapter and getting what Kishimoto was writing- maybe it takes having a number of years reading manga and Japanese literature to get the more subtle chapters like this.... I kind of liked the chapter- despite the Uchiha focus wink.gif

No doubt it helps. But Naruto is my first manga and I still get it. Maybe I'm a manga savant, lol. Actually, I think it also depends a lot on what readers are looking for and how much patience they have. A good story takes time to unravel.

I agree with all of this, and it's very important detail and characterization to remember when interpreting what Kishimoto is trying to do. Especially the part about Sasuke being changeable and without a well-defined sense of self (which is a component of my tl;dr post about Sasuke's apparent psychosis.)

As for the bolded part, I have mentioned a similar expectation on this board before in response to all the "ZOMG Sasuke is SuddenlyGOODNOW?????" weeping and gnashing. No, I think he's going to get a lot worse before he gets better.

It's not going where you think it is yet. Sasuke's going to do something very bad and disturbing first. The summoning/return of Orochimaru though is obviously going to lead to more flashbacks. We're going to get the full Orochimaru's Tale from his POV, not just what triggered his trip to the very dark path he tread from his POV- the cemetery scene with Hiruzen and the white snake skin when Orochimaru was around 6-8 years old. I know some of you hate the long flashback stuff, but it's just a story conceit so that we learn more of the Shinobi world history along with a story character/characters.

Personally, I can't wait. I have been arguing with a guy from work for two years that Orochimaru would return in some form before the end. It seemed inevitable to me, considering the Sannin parallel and the fact that Sasuke's and Orochimaru's goals -- as master and apprentice -- had never shown much in the way of overlap or alignment. Maybe it's finally time for that...?

It's partly that and partly Sasuke has never truly had any sense of his own identity- this is why he jumps all over the place (it's not bad writing by Kishimoto but an intentional thing.) Sasuke still has no sense of himself truly as an individual, he's still stuck identity developmentally wise as a child, and a child that had already been brainwashed by his parents to only think of himself as part of the Uchiha clan.)

I have to agree it appears intentional. If this turns to be wrong, and Kishimoto is later revealed to be an unmitigated failure and moronic hack, there will be plenty of time for the bashers to say "I told you so" at the end. wink.gif Until then, I'm going to trust him and enjoy the story.

ETA: So much love for Naruto for calling Tobi a "dumbass." Sweet!

Edited by KnS, 04 July 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#53 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

First time responding to this section:

I have always said this to myself: Sasuke's redemption will be one of the hardest task that Kishi will have to work on. It can't be easily done, since the record has it that he's done a lot of criminal acts. That said the only thing I can see happening IF we have to go with redemption is him being redeemed, BUT he cannot return to the village; therefore, he will just walk away and never return. Think as Fairy Tail (if anyone reads the manga). He will be a good guy, so Naruto's mission will be accomplished. Sure he can't come back but the fact that's he is in a better light, then everything will be ok.

I mean he will have Taka with him (if they live in the end, but I think they can). I mean the way he talks about what is this, what is that, sounds like he may end up becoming a wanderer around the shinobi world. That I can see Sasuke doing in the end, not to mention rebuilding his clan. I do think he can create a new village on his own, with Taka and perhaps the prisoners from Orochimaru's lair (I forgot what chapter).

That's my thoughts and sticking to it.

#54 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

If Oro's alive then he could either be within Kabuto's or Anko's or both of their bodies.

I don't understand why people are saying that Suigetsu is fanboying over Sasuke. To me, it's just regular old Suigetsu telling Sasuke that they could rule the entire Shinobi World with an iron fist with whatever was in that scroll that he gave to Sasuke.

I fail to see any "OMGSAUCEGAYUSOKEWL" behavior that would qualify Suigetsu as a possible candidate for being a Sasuke fanboy. All you guys who would beg to differ are probably looking to deep into things if you ask me.

I'm betting that the people who'll die in the Madara vs Kage fight will be Onoki and Tsunade.

#55 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Jul 4 2012, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he will receive any punishment because it's a shounen and the author itself didnt made anything related to karma on this anime.
i didnt see any villains dying in a horrible way.

not really sure what you are trying to say here..

Hidan's fate was particularly gruesome though...

#56 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Jul 4 2012, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not really sure what you are trying to say here..

Hidan's fate was particularly gruesome though...

vegeance, but kabuto's fate, pain's fate,itachi's fate,danzou's fate,kakuzu,deidara etc ..

i'm talking about karma, lets make an example kabuto did evil things but he's not going to receive an punishment equal to his evil deeds.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#57 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Jul 4 2012, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vegeance, but kabuto's fate, pain's fate,itachi's fate,danzou's fate,kakuzu,deidara etc ..

i'm talking about karma, lets make an example kabuto did evil things but he's not going to receive an punishment equal to his evil deeds.

depends on what you consider equal punishment...he is trapped in an almost infinite loop going over his defeat again and again forever...

beats the death penalty for me biggrin.gif

all of these people were stripped of everything that made them think themselves special before being defeated..to me that is ultimate karma

#58 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Jul 4 2012, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Oro's alive then he could either be within Kabuto's or Anko's or both of their bodies.

I don't understand why people are saying that Suigetsu is fanboying over Sasuke. To me, it's just regular old Suigetsu telling Sasuke that they could rule the entire Shinobi World with an iron fist with whatever was in that scroll that he gave to Sasuke.

I fail to see any "OMGSAUCEGAYUSOKEWL" behavior that would qualify Suigetsu as a possible candidate for being a Sasuke fanboy. All you guys who would beg to differ are probably looking to deep into things if you ask me.

I'm betting that the people who'll die in the Madara vs Kage fight will be Onoki and Tsunade.

Suigetsu...fanboying? laugh.gif Oh, please. That's absurd. He's just being the troll that he is.

And agreed...that is, if anyone actually does die in that fight. dry.gif

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#59 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (KnS @ Jul 4 2012, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No doubt it helps. But Naruto is my first manga and I still get it. Maybe I'm a manga savant, lol. Actually, I think it also depends a lot on what readers are looking for and how much patience they have. A good story takes time to unravel.

Yeah I never had any problem understanding any manga I read from the first translated one available in the US in 1982 when I was 15, but I think some people need more experience to understand it.

I remember being baffled why what seemed obvious plot points were explained by CPM in their anime translation notes in the later 80's-mid 90's, and also by some of the better quality fansubbers in the 90's.

But then I saw some of the confused posts in the forums from the later 1990's onward, and started going to anime cons in the late 1990's...I just guessed those people were used to western popular fiction storytelling conceits and just didn't understand the more subtle elements in manga storytelling. And that I did- because not only had I read manga but had watched some of the classic movies, read most of the classic and contemporary literature that had been translated from my teens onward, read almost any book I could get my hands on about Japanese history and culture, learned the basics of the language, made friends with Japanese exchange students at my college, etc.... (and I do think those have helped to make my comprehension of manga and anime almost instinctive since the early 1990's.) I think as well watching the first dubbed anime to be semi faithfully translated may have also helped- Star Blazers or in it's original name- the Space Cruiser/Battleship Yamato series in the summer of 1980, the summer before I turned 14. SB/Yamato has some subtlety to it's storyline and has a number of themes you see in later anime and manga. It was the series that caused the creation of anime conventions in the US. I have a great fondness for it to this day. The theme song in English makes me smile, and in the original Japanese makes my heart beat with joy. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Edited by ciardha, 05 July 2012 - 04:46 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#60 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jul 5 2012, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The main problem here is whether or not it's consistent. We all know Sasuke is either going to die or be redeemed. Had Kishi shown at least more subtle hints on Sasuke being redeemed through Sasuke's actions, it would've made his development more believable.

A good example would be Kurama. It had been built up all the way back to Part I that he would eventually be Naruto's ally willingly with no catches. It got stronger and more obvious since Bee made his debut. That, to me, was the perfect kind of build-up that Kurama would help Naruto later with no strings attached. That kind of consistent, gradual build-up is what I want from Sasuke's character if Kishi wants him to be redeemed. Period.

Edited by Codus N, 05 July 2012 - 06:55 AM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users