Close
Photo

NS Marriage: Surname Uzumaki or Haruno?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Sakura's last name will be ... (70 member(s) have cast votes)

One choice

1. Changed to Uzumaki (52 votes [74.29%])

Percentage of vote: 74.29%

2. Still be Haruno (18 votes [25.71%])

Percentage of vote: 25.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 mmrc27

mmrc27

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:reading books and manga, watching anime, writing my own fictional story based on anime, and study :)

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

Uzumaki :)

#42 Question22

Question22

TNJ master

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Love to read manga , like to read fanfictions too

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

Uzumaki Sakura sounds chessy :3

Our ship has maybe sank but our memories of debate , struggling , defending ... will stay in our hearths

-Question22

#43 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:53 AM

I'm not changing my name when I get married. Don't see why Sakura has to either.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#44 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

How about Haruno Sakura Uzumaki? :P   :D  :lol:

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 December 2013 - 10:59 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#45 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

How about Haruno Sakura Uzumaki? :P   :D  :lol:

That should be her whole name, which she only uses when she signs of documents and such. In most cases she would prefer to only use Uzumaki, as she never felt attached to her family or name. I think a common family name brings a sense of unity :love:, Sakura will be Uzumaki.

Headcanon.

Anyone with me? sunglasses.png

ナルサク

#46 Pink Chidori

Pink Chidori

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:43 AM

Hm, I think she would change it to Uzumaki. 

20ic8s1.png

✧Big Three Shipper
           |NaruSaku|NaruHina|SasuSaku|

#47 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

That should be her whole name, which she only uses when she signs of documents and such. In most cases she would prefer to only use Uzumaki, as she never felt attached to her family or name. I think a common family name brings a sense of unity :love:, Sakura will be Uzumaki.

Headcanon.

Anyone with me? sunglasses.png

Mmm, I'm with you, although I can't say that she has no attachment to her family or surname; she's given no indication I could speak of just yet. Again, it is fine either way if she's called Haruno or Uzumaki Sakura. They both sound great AND fitting to her. :yes:

Edited by Phantom_999, 19 December 2013 - 02:34 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#48 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

Mmm, I'm with you, although I can't say that she has no attachment to her family or surname; she's given no indication I could speak of just yet. Again, it is fine either way if she's called Haruno or Uzumaki Sakura. They both sound great AND fitting to her. :yes:

I know, very bold statement. Maybe just name then. Family is a bit too much, I didn't mean she would cut ties with them or anything. XD But I don't think her story has attachment to her family.

Because Kishi didn't give her a family purpose or story, although he did give her a family logo.

ナルサク

#49 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:47 AM

Uzumaki...because that would reconfirm they're married...and just to rub it in the faces of NH/SS supporters a little more  :hehehe:

#50 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

I would like to see Sakura use the name Uzumaki. I've always enjoyed the building of Naruto and Sakura's relationship.

It has been a brick by brick type process. I think about how they started in the manga, with Sakura at the very mentioning of Naruto's name becoming rather annoyed. Not only that, but I also remember how Sakura talked to Sasuke about Naruto not having any other family, about how that was partially the reason he acted the way he did.

So flash forward to what we believe is going to happen, where Sakura is going to marry Naruto. The thought of her taking that Uzumaki name really shows how far Sakura herself and how far the relationship between the two has come. For her to want to use that name and be known as an Uzumaki proudly, it really gives the feel of how much she wants to be with Naruto and be part of his family, and I think that would mean a lot to Naruto.

I completely get the argument for keeping her name Haruno, I just enjoy the idea of her taking the Uzumaki name more.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#51 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

Hmm? I'm confused to why we are having this discussion. In countries other than Japan, do woman still keep their own surname?? I thought usually married women would change their surname into their husbands. Sorry, if my comment will come off as sexist.

So to me it's obvious that it will be Uzumaki Sakura.

Also, somebody mentioned that Sakura will keep her surname to show her individuality. We'll it's true that in Japan some women still keep their old surname especially when they are working an important job. However with the way Kishi is portraying Sakura, I doubt it. Kishi portrays Sakura in the role of a future Hokage's wife. The role as a member of team seven, as a medic, as a fighter, as a heroine constantly takes a back seat because of this. Seeing how Kishi is going through great lengths to show Sakura as the ideal wife, I find it hard to believe that he will leave the opportunity of showing Sakura as an Uzumaki.
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#52 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

Hmm? I'm confused to why we are having this discussion. In countries other than Japan, do woman still keep their own surname?? I thought usually married women would change their surname into their husbands. Sorry, if my comment will come off as sexist.

Also, somebody mentioned that Sakura will keep her surname to show her individuality. We'll it's true that in Japan some women still keep their old surname especially when they are working an important job. However with the way Kishi is portraying Sakura, I doubt it. Kishi portrays Sakura in the role of a future Hokage's wife. The role as a member of team seven, as a medic, as a fighter, as a heroine constantly takes a back seat because of this. Seeing how Kishi is going through great lengths to show Sakura as the ideal wife, I find it hard to believe that he will leave the opportunity of showing Sakura as an Uzumaki.

In Italy, yes.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#53 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

The bolded is basically why I thought it might be a possibly of Sakura keeping her surname, for professional reasons. But you make a good point about Kishi setting Sakura up to be a Hokage's wife and why Uzumaki would make more sense because of that.

#54 NaruSakuDaisuki

NaruSakuDaisuki

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Anime mostly romantic comedies, music mostly JPOP, reading, writing, getting to know new ppl ^__^

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

I think she will her name...I'm going to assume that her mother has her father's last name

:nslove:NARUTO AND SAKURA FTW :wibble:

#55 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

The bolded is basically why I thought it might be a possibly of Sakura keeping her surname, for professional reasons. But you make a good point about Kishi setting Sakura up to be a Hokage's wife and why Uzumaki would make more sense because of that.

I don't think you could just have 'an important job' to keep your surname. It seems important for the business industry, or if your name is important, well let's say you're a superstar. At least that makes sense to me, I don't think surnames are important for a shinobi, unless it's famous or you're from a clan.

ナルサク

#56 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

I don't think you could just have 'an important job' to keep your surname. It seems important for the business industry, or if your name is important, well let's say you're a superstar. At least that makes sense to me, I don't think surnames are important for a shinobi, unless it's famous or you're from a clan.

Maybe, maybe not. All I meant was that Sakura has built her reputation as 'Haruno', and that maybe she would want to keep her name because that was the one she built her career with. But it's not really a big deal to me either way.

#57 TyranntX

TyranntX

Undisputed King of the Dinosaurs

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku (duh), Dinosaurs, anime, Starcraft, and skyrim.

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

Uzumaki sounds more like a clan name, and it has a much nicer ring to it. I mean just SAY "Sakura Uzumaki" out loud.... it just rolls right off the tongue. Naruto Haruno although cute, just isn't one I can take seriously. It dose  kinda seem to point in the direction of NS since the two names sound somewhat alike, but for me it just doesn't work cause it just sounds so strange.

so I just have to go with Sakura Uzumaki.

tyrantrum.gif

NaruSaku

Check out my Youtube Channel!

https://www.youtube....TyranntX/videos

#58 Adept-eX

Adept-eX

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

In the Spanish and Portuguese-speaking countries the wife doesn't adopt her husband surname. Instead the children of the couple inherits the first suname of both parents, usually the father's name comes first. 

#59 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

Uzumaki sounds more like a clan name, and it has a much nicer ring to it. I mean just SAY "Sakura Uzumaki" out loud.... it just rolls right off the tongue. Naruto Haruno although cute, just isn't one I can take seriously. It dose  kinda seem to point in the direction of NS since the two names sound somewhat alike, but for me it just doesn't work cause it just sounds so strange.

so I just have to go with Sakura Uzumaki.

Well, Naruto isn't going to change his name whether Sakura changes hers to Uzumaki or not. Kushina apparently didn't change her surname when she married Minato and he didn't take hers, but of course Kushina was from a very important clan.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 28 February 2014 - 05:44 PM.

#60 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

Within the universe of Naruto I think that when it comes to clan reputation the last name is important, but when reputation is based on the individual I think people take more notice of the first name.

Take the Legendary Sannin, we only know their first names and their reputation involves only mentions of their first names. Even despite Tsunade coming from the Senju clan no one refers to her as Tsunade Senju.

Since Sakura doesn't come from an important clan I think her reputation could come from her first name. Even with Naruto his first name carries more weight now than his Uzumaki name, although that last name is notable as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users