62 replies to this topic

#41 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:00 AM

Hm. I still really, really hope for Kabutomaru.

#42 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:09 AM

If Naruto is actually going for ramen, then I think the mostly likely person for him to meet would be Iruka. Shikimaru might follow him because he is intelligent enough to know that Naruto is keeping something important to himself. This is somewhat out of character for Naruto who is usually the first and loudest person in the villiage when it comes to declaring his intentions. So whatever Naruto is hiding might not be good for the villiage, for Naruto, or both. His will of fire is now the second strongest of the rookie 9 to Naruto(inherited from Asuma). If something could happen to threaten the villiage or the person he sees as someday leading the villiage, my guess is he will want to know what's happening.

However, Naruto might not even be going for ramen. He might go to Kakashi or Karin to try to figure out what he must do to be able to fight Sauske. If it is Kakashi, then that is how he will learn that Tsunade is awake.

I don't think Hinata will come into play again until later, but I do think she has one final purpose in this story. She has observed Naruto closely since they were both very young. I think that she knows how he feels about Sakura and will encourage NaruSaku in some way. While the only evidence that I have to support his is Hinata's smile in 450, something tells me this might just happen. Putting Naruto's happiness first would really build up her character in my eyes. My original thought was that she would talk to Sakura about her feelings for Naruto. Now she may have to build up the courage to talk to Naruto himself. We still don't know how Naruto is going to behave around Sakura now. Has he truely accepted that his destiny is to die defeating Sauske? I don't think he has given up hope, but I also don't think he will be looking any further ahead than his final confrontation with Sauske and Madara. But, in any case, Hinata taking action and letting Naruto go would resolve the open ended confession and close off that particular pairing. That is why it may be very near the end before any romantic feelings are completely resolved.

(It would be really funny if we found out that Hinata was watching Naruto during the bench scene and turns out to be the one that spills the beans to Sakura) laugh.gif

Sakura will probably go to Tsunade soon. The chapter may end with Naruto finding out that Tsunade is awake. I hope that Sakura is there when Naruto goes to ask Tsunade about the 4th. Her reaction would be interesting to say the least.

#43 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:15 AM

err.gif ......That's really good. Very well thought through, yes, I like this a_thumbs.gif

#44 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Mar 29 2010, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm. I still really, really hope for Kabutomaru.

May I dare say that, after years of hanging around Yaoi fangirls who like intersplicing names of couples they like, Kabutomaru sounds horridly strange?

Anyways, I'd like to see Orochimaru again.

#45 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:29 AM

Would you prefer Orobuto?

yucky.gif Yaoi is terrible

Maybe we should just stick with Kabuto of the White Snake. *Realizes 80's reference* 111189.gif No bash intended. For whatever reason, he's just Kabuto still but the new appearance has derived the new name. He's always been a mystery character if you think about it. Does anyone really know Kabuto?

Edited by Insurrection, 30 March 2010 - 03:24 AM.

#46 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Mar 30 2010, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
May I dare say that, after years of hanging around Yaoi fangirls who like intersplicing names of couples they like, Kabutomaru sounds horridly strange?

Anyways, I'd like to see Orochimaru again.

Oh god! I hate Yaoi! When I mean Kabutomaru, I mean Orochimaru is inside Kabuto; I'm not even close to talking sexual, ugh. I'm just curious as to what he's up to and his plans, not his "love life". If I was a Yaoi fangirl, I wouldn't be here now would I?¿

Edited by ShippudenGirl, 30 March 2010 - 02:52 AM.

#47 dfammer

dfammer

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (SS3 Goku @ Mar 29 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hinata confession more or less saved the village

im with neechan

Correction NARUTO saved the village! Hinata could have very well been any of Naruto's friends(if they were stabed that is) and he would have had the same reaction...I'm not even sure that this "confession" even registered with Naruto...Remember the author made a point of Sakura hearing it and since we saw only Sakura's reaction to the "confession"it was obviously intended to be a plot devise for Sakura to realize her feelings about Naruto.It wasn't her "confession" that saved the village it was Naruto reaction to one of his friends getting hurt,her "confession" had nothing to do with it.

Edited by dfammer, 30 March 2010 - 03:12 AM.

#48 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (SS3 Goku @ Mar 30 2010, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im with neechan

Depends how you look at it, Hinata's confession in one way did much more damage to the village than save it, Naruto went eight tails and caused major damage and then Pain made his mini moon to trap the Kyuubi which caused even more damage, Naruto then almost released the full power of the Kyuubi and that would have made things even worst, The Village was saved by the same two people who saved it 16 years ago, and that's the Fourth Hokage who talked his son out of releasing the Kyuubi and fixed the seal, and Naruto who once he got his bottom smacked b his old man, got back his senses and defeated Pain. Father and Son have saved the Village atleast four times.

Other side you can say Hinata saved the village by jumping infront of Naruto on a plain simple kamakaze mission, which led to Naruto meeting his father and regaining his senses. Though if there was no fail safe on the Seal, Konoha and everyone else would be well and truelly screwed, all thanks to Hinata.

iAnby7W.gif

#49 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Mar 29 2010, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Depends how you look at it, Hinata's confession in one way did much more damage to the village than save it, Naruto went eight tails and caused major damage and then Pain made his mini moon to trap the Kyuubi which caused even more damage, Naruto then almost released the full power of the Kyuubi and that would have made things even worst, The Village was saved by the same two people who saved it 16 years ago, and that's the Fourth Hokage who talked his son out of releasing the Kyuubi and fixed the seal, and Naruto who once he got his bottom smacked b his old man, got back his senses and defeated Pain. Father and Son have saved the Village atleast four times.

Other side you can say Hinata saved the village by jumping infront of Naruto on a plain simple kamakaze mission, which led to Naruto meeting his father and regaining his senses. Though if there was no fail safe on the Seal, Konoha and everyone else would be well and truelly screwed, all thanks to Hinata.

In other words Hinata did more damage to the village than good. sleep.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#50 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:34 AM

I don't think Hinata's confession saved the village because that would just be a basic assumption over an entire arc of storyline. It isn't really a question over her character as it is Naruto's...and I thought we were talking about 489.

Can we get through one thread without talking in repetition? What's next in the manga? Spoilers come out tomorrow at the earliest right?

Edited by Insurrection, 30 March 2010 - 03:46 AM.

#51 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE (SS3 Goku @ Mar 30 2010, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im with neechan

I never said that Hinata confession saved the village, I said that, behind her confession, there was a purpose and that purpose was to protect Naruto even if she knew that she wouldn't survive. Hinata probably would have never said all those thing to Naruto in other circumstance ( like a normal situation).

As to say that her confession saved the village more or less, I have to agreed with harry4e. I would also say that Naruto reacted because Pein 'kill' one of his friend and that was the trigger to turn him into kyuubi but the confession was never the cause of it. If that would have been really the case then, when Naruto was asking himself what should he do after his transformation, he would have mention Hinata and her confession to show us that maybe, her word reach him and that effected him but he didn't. In that moment, he was freaking out because he didn't know how to answer Pein's question.

now, back to the topic,

I think that we will see another easy chapter without to much drama ( we had that enough already, let us have a break for a while). We probably won't see Sasuke in the next chapter ( I doubt that he will be completely cured after the eyes transplant but we could see a panel or two of Madara ( don't know what he could say but I'm curious about him). Of course, my concern is to know more about Kabutomaru ( OK, I know that some doesn't like the fusion name mainly because it sound yaoi-ish. I call him that because he doesn't really look like the old Kabuto and that all I'm going to say about this). We all presume that he could be a another obstacle to Konoha but what if he doesn't. What he could 'help' , in his very weird way, Naruto and co.

Edited by silverserenity, 30 March 2010 - 03:59 AM.

#52 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:10 AM

I think it can anywhere but preferably may focus on the awakening of Tsunade and she'll be caught up of what's been happening as of late. However, I see her dying soon because of that jutsu she uses which shorten her lifespan by each use. She may tell Naruto more of his past, perhaps give more training & advice to Sakura, & play a final role of Hokage otherwise there isn't much.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#53 manny123

manny123

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:57 AM

i would love to see a karin/naruto conversation at the ramen bar but i guess my prediction of iruka wasn't so far-fetched to other people.

#54 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Mar 30 2010, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it can anywhere but preferably may focus on the awakening of Tsunade and she'll be caught up of what's been happening as of late. However, I see her dying soon because of that jutsu she uses which shorten her lifespan by each use. She may tell Naruto more of his past, perhaps give more training & advice to Sakura, & play a final role of Hokage otherwise there isn't much.

I'm going with a less morbid form of your prediction, but I'll agree that Tsunade might be running low on gas. But I think she might need to really start thinking about declaring a successor and just retire.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#55 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:30 AM

I highly doubt Tsunade will die because she used her chakra reserve. Plus, she already has her chakra reserve built back up and sealed in the diamond symbol on her forehead and she is regaining her youthful look from what I could tell.

I also believe Naruto has bettered his ability to gather natural chakra.

#56 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:22 AM

notice i was very vague when i said it

#57 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (silverserenity @ Mar 29 2010, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...I said that, behind her confession, there was a purpose and that purpose was to protect Naruto even if she knew that she wouldn't survive.

Her purpose was not to protect Naruto (which she didn't), but to be protecting Naruto at an important moment (which she did). The quote (at least from SleepyFans at OneManga) is "I'm not afraid to die protecting you". This was a page after she admits "I'm being selfish". Hinata was proving something to herself, to gain confidence. Which is admirable, but not as noble as most NH fans make it out to be. What's the difference? Sakura is willing to give up her future and happiness, if it meant Naruto would be safe and happy. (Sakura was willing to have Naruto despise her if it meant sparing him the task of slaying Sasuke.) Hinata was gaining her self-respect, and the act of protecting Naruto was more important than actually achieving it.

Back on topic, I'm thinking the chapter will have more Tsunade than Naruto. And just to make a wild prediction (with only a small chance of success), I'll say that Naruto goes to the library to study up on Uchiha history and abilities! (While out of character, that is the point.)

#58 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

@RedDelicious

To me, what I said and what you said is almost the same thing. Hinata wanted to protect Naruto(even if she failed). The fact that she did it for a selfish reason to also prove herself doesn't change that perspective. However, I truly agreed with you about Sakura. Unlike Hinata, her purpose wasn't selfish ( more like the other way around). Even if she failed to kill Sasuke, she didn't do it for her, she didn't do it to prove herself or to Naruto, she did it only for Naruto and, even if that wasn't as spectacular as Hinata way of protecting him, this difference make Sakura sacrifice a lot more meaningful and held a lot more importance to who might love Naruto more.

Back to the main topic.

I agreed with EvilPotato, I hightly doubt that Tsunade will die so soon. I still think that her role as hokage isn't finish yet and she will do one last thing before giving the title to someone else or die in the 4 ninja war.

Edited by silverserenity, 30 March 2010 - 12:55 PM.

#59 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:28 PM

I also agree that Tsunade won't die so soon. Kinda ironic she woke right before Kakashi was made Hokage. Just like off topic for awhile like Kakashi being restored back to life. Just Imagine what would of happen if he didn't save Sakura and bring back Karin. He was also calmed well after Naruto got posioned and told Sakura to give him the Antidote. Kakashi had his purpose then and in the future chapters just like Tsunade has other purpose to serve or they would of killed her off in the comma state. Oh Kabumaru is up to something. Instering to see what happens there as well. The village rejoice in Tsunade's return or at least awake and concious. Funny thing I would to see is her upset that Danzo took her postion and be happy he got killed. Kinda like a that what he gets moment. Won't happen but somethnig funny to see. or Maybe a "Sorry Kakashi I am here stay." Just me being stupid as usual.

#60 dfammer

dfammer

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (silverserenity @ Mar 30 2010, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@RedDelicious

To me, what I said and what you said is almost the same thing. Hinata wanted to protect Naruto(even if she failed). The fact that she did it for a selfish reason to also prove herself doesn't change that perspective. However, I truly agreed with you about Sakura. Unlike Hinata, her purpose wasn't selfish ( more like the other way around). Even if she failed to kill Sasuke, she didn't do it for her, she didn't do it to prove herself or to Naruto, she did it only for Naruto and, even if that wasn't as spectacular as Hinata way of protecting him, this difference make Sakura sacrifice a lot more meaningful and held a lot more importance to who might love Naruto more.

Back to the main topic.

I agreed with EvilPotato, I hightly doubt that Tsunade will die so soon. I still think that her role as hokage isn't finish yet and she will do one last thing before giving the title to someone else or die in the 4 ninja war.

How about Sakura's spectacular display of love when she rushed the four tail? That was way more impressive than Hinata's feeble "try" at being a hero.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users