#41 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 3 2010, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More than likely we'll find out for for sure next week. She's spoken of in the past tense, and Naruto was called an orphan, so that pretty much confirmed both his parents are dead. Heh, I think it would be funny if Kushina punches Naruto in the belly for punching Minato in the belly.

Minato sorta deserved it xD, but if he hadn't put the fox in Naruto, there wouldn't be much of a village for Naruto to grow up in.

Lol he saved the village since the day he was born.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#42 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 3 2010, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More than likely we'll find out for for sure next week. She's spoken of in the past tense, and Naruto was called an orphan, so that pretty much confirmed both his parents are dead. Heh, I think it would be funny if Kushina punches Naruto in the belly for punching Minato in the belly.

Yeah Kushina showing her true tsundere colors (she looks so much like Sakura and acts a lot like her.pictureem0.gif)
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#43 untold62

untold62

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

Well, Kushina is really beautiful to say the least.
Even though Kishimoto hasn't drawn her on more than like...10 panels throughout the whole manga, in my opinion she really is the best drawn women by him (since he stated he isn't too good to developing or drawing girls - but he had time to improve, and that is seen by Sakura and now, Kushina).

Can't wait for the next chapter...

EDIT: And forgot to mention that Naruto-Kyuubi was really great biggrin.gif

Edited by untold62, 03 June 2010 - 03:35 PM.

#44 Guest_New Revolution_*

Guest_New Revolution_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

450 naruto-sakura

500 naruto-Kushina ironic really

#45 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 3 2010, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah Kushina always came accross as someone who would scold her son for not getting more power behind the punch, she'd probably show him the proper way to punch someone in the stomach...lol

Though had a strange dream last night, dreamt the reason Kushina was sealed inside Naruto was for two reasons, first was dying anyway and this way meant she could talk to her son at a later date and the second was to unlock his bloodline, apparantly his parents wanted Naruto to be able to be a strong ninja without relying on a bloodline like other bloodlines do....ofcourse went all crazy later, with Mei ending up as his aunt, him having the Motoken, so he had three bloodline limits at which point I woke up and realised i've been reading too many fanfics...lol (Atleast didn't dream, Kushina is the Kyuubi.)

Would be cool if the locked away bloodline was true, it's only fair that he had one considering every other Tom, kitten and Harry appear to have one nowadays and in the case of Mei two, but alas it's doubtful that is the case, original thought.

Edit, Let's just hope the first words out of Naruto's mouth are not 'Who are you?' or worst 'Ahhh the Kyuubi is a woman' it would break his poor mother heart. Also looking at the clothes it looks like she's wearing the same maternity clothes she wore in the flashback, so i'm guessing it is a good indication that Naruto was most likely born on the day the Kyuubi attacked, maybe even born early caused from the stress of the village being attacked that day?

Edited by harry4e, 03 June 2010 - 05:40 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#46 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jun 3 2010, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Edit, Let's just hope the first words out of Naruto's mouth are not 'Who are you?' or worst 'Ahhh the Kyuubi is a woman' it would break his poor mother heart.

He's going to say that next. Why? Because he doesn't even know anything about his mother, what she look like, her name, etc. And I know Kushina will giggle and say "I'm your mother, sweetie," when being asked. Its the same thing with Minato, except, that Naruto already knew who the 4th looks like because he idolizes him as a child, without knowing that the man is actually his father, until being said.

And what's with the punching gimmick? A parent punches a child in the stomach... (calls out ABUSE!!!)

The proper way of beating a child is spanking, people. fu.png

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#47 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

I'm going to have manly tears when Naruto cries and hugs Kushina after she tells him she is his mother. shamefulcry0js.gif

#48 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jun 3 2010, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also looking at the clothes it looks like she's wearing the same maternity clothes she wore in the flashback, so i'm guessing it is a good indication that Naruto was most likely born on the day the Kyuubi attacked, maybe even born early caused from the stress of the village being attacked that day?

I believe it says in chapter 1 that Naruto had only just been born that day.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#49 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

The fight vs Kyuubi was EPIC!!! a_spaz.gif Can't wait to see what his mom says in the next chapter! w00t.gif

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#50 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

I love this chapter. Naruto finally sees his mother but more importantly naruto was battling the nine tail. I know people well hate if I mention narusaku moment with his mother like I see you got close to that sakura girl. But people want it more realistly so I'm just gonna say his mom is there to offer guidance and make sure he follows the path. Mothers are always good with dealing with their kids problems even if she may beat it into him. I can't wait till next week.
Go Naruto! Beat the Nine Tails!

#51 JOHNtheSILENT

JOHNtheSILENT

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, chess, playing guitar, ethics, logic, and metaphysics.

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (narukunsakuchan @ Jun 3 2010, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also did anyone else find it interesting how it was said that naruto will have the chakra for life after he defeats the kyuubi? It is almost a scary concept to imagine naruto especially if he learns to fine tune it with his sage mode.

I think you're on to something dude. I think that is where kishi is heading. I don't see him dropping sage mode to have naruto just be a jinchuuriki (however you spell it) and in the same way I don't see him keeping sage mode and ignoring it now that he's accepted what he is. I think naruto will combine the two and that's how he will face madara and sasuke. Evidence points me here, remember his eyes?

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/444/06/
"Even the roughest woman is tender to the guy she loves."

#52 ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

I'm so confused! Why does Naruto have to give in to depression? One minute it was like "AWESOME BATTLE OF WIN" and another Kushina popped out of nowhere and was like, "Oh HAI THERE!"

sleep.gif

Is Naruto going to punch her, too?

I am glad that he finally gets to meet her, though. I'd laugh if she went all psycho on him.

"GETCHO A** OFF THE FLOOR AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN, BOI!"

Also I can't get over Naruto flipping foxy over like some sort of play thing, flinging a gargantuan sage bomb into its stomach, and then slicing into his face with a wind shuriken. laugh.gif

#53 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:14 PM

OMGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! KUSHINA APPEARED!!!!! woot.gif

#54 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:27 PM

• Yeah, Kushina, that was huge. Unfortunately, I think that means she must be dead. But now we'll find out what happened at the sealing.

• Lol @ Sakura as his sister. Next we'll find out Madara is his father. How much more Star Wars can you get?

• So did anyone Naruto remembering the village scene differently. In the past it seems like he was crying then surrounded by Iruka & Co., but his recollection now was that he was angry then attacking (albeit in his older gear, but still). That whole process changed in this chapter. No one stood next to him, so he was alone then, and looks like he was alone as he grew and wanted to attack. Reminds me of him remembering Sakura as only in Team 7, not as she is currently, when she was confessing her love.

• Also, has anyone gone through and corresponded the lines to any particular sources? I think the top one are overarching negative feelings, but they become more vicious as you go down the page.

"I want revenge" - could definitely be Sasuke, or it could be a general village attitude (although no one was ever shown physically hurting Naruto)

"I hate everything about you" - could be from Sakura's early days, the bench scene, etc. That's a very personal statement from someone who knows him. And the only person who's expressed themselves so forcefully about Naruto is Sakura, unfortunately. (But go NS! heh...heh....*ahem*)

"Him...only him" - could be jealousy of Sasuke

#55 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:00 PM

thats pretty much what they are.

the revenge things corresponds with what he said to Sasuke and Gaara about how easy it would have been to be in their shoes for him had he taken a different path.

the I hate everything about you is Sakura, and corresponds to her original perceptions of him but from his perspective.

and the only him is also Sasuke and how he always got everything even Sakuras feelings inspite of all naruto had done.

A lot of thse are the doubts that always accompany such thoughts and memories. what will happen now is hell have to overcome those doubts. I suspected ever since they introed Dark naruto that this would go that way.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#56 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jun 3 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to have manly tears when Naruto cries and hugs Kushina after she tells him she is his mother. shamefulcry0js.gif

I've wanted to find out what happened to his mama for a while now sad.gif

#57 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jun 3 2010, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"I hate everything about you" - could be from Sakura's early days, the bench scene, etc. That's a very personal statement from someone who knows him. And the only person who's expressed themselves so forcefully about Naruto is Sakura, unfortunately. (But go NS! heh...heh....*ahem*)

No, contrary to fanon, if you look at the manga Naruto wasn't really traumatized by Sakura saying she hated him and what she said at the bench scene about him, no more than he was traumatized by Kakashi saying he hated them right after the eraser prank when he first met Team 7.

Naruto had experienced real hatred for years before that (the ugly hate filled glares of adults), he knew Sakura's words weren't actually expressing hatred, but irritation, as was Kakashi's. No, think about what happened before that that did traumatize Naruto- when Mizuki told him what he was, and how much he hated him- this close on the heels of Naruto being fooled by Mizuki's false friendship. No, this is about what happened in chapter 1, when the horrible truth was revealed to him in the worst possible way.

Edited by ciardha, 04 June 2010 - 03:55 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#58 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:04 AM

I thought it was just Kyuubi's darkness awakening the Paranoia of Yami Naruto to fill Naruto with hatred. The voices scream, "Get Out! Leave!"
Kushina arrives on the words, "No, you belong here..."

You guys are taking this way too deep. I'm with Catsi on this one.

Edited by Insurrection, 04 June 2010 - 04:04 AM.

#59 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jun 3 2010, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought it was just Kyuubi's darkness awakening the Paranoia of Yami Naruto to fill Naruto with hatred. The voices scream, "Get Out! Leave!"

You guys are taking this way too deep. I'm with Catsi on this one.

No, Kushina just has to be the good will that helps Naruto. shamefulcry0js.gif

#60 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jun 4 2010, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You guys are taking this way too deep.

Certainly when it comes to Sakura saying she hated Naruto. Naruto knew Sakura didn't actually hate him. Think about how Naruto always thought of Sakura in his mind, while he knew she crushed on Sasuke, he always saw her as supportive of him in his mind (remember during the part 1 fight with Gaara?). This overplaying of Sakura's irritation at Naruto's genuinely obnoxious behavior by fans is what has lead to so much even narusaku fanfic mischaracterizing Sakura as hating Naruto and Naruto being traumatized, etc...

Sakura has always been a positive person to him, even when she was hacked off at him. She was hacked off for something he'd actually done, not something he had no say about or even knew anything about for years. Look how traumatized Sakura got for Naruto when she found out his secret, and how it made her more fiercely protective of him... Naruto might have been blind to Sakura's romantic feelings, but he knew she was one of his "precious people" not only because of his feelings for her, but her acceptance and friendship with him.

Edited by ciardha, 04 June 2010 - 04:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users