Naruto 480

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
183 replies to this topic

#41 MaI_Kenkon

MaI_Kenkon

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime, Naruto - gets it's own category XD - Music, Travel, learning new things and living. :)

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

Anybody else think that Kishimoto's great storytelling ability has come back with avengance?

I did not see that coming. I knew something important was about to happen in terms of Sasuke's development but that was just perfect. I thought the manga had been a bit weak lately but it's just as spectacular as ever. Sasuke....I'm afraid that that was an epic fail. I also think it's time for Sakura's epiphany...there's nothing left there.

Although Naruto is good at changing hearts, very good indeed, Sasuke's just twisted and a coward.

Hope for Sasuke? Discuss!

Attached Files

Edited by MaI_Kenkon, 28 January 2010 - 12:35 AM.

#42 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

I don't think Sasuke stabbed Karin in the heart. I think it was through her shoulder --not a vital wound. Though I have to say, I never saw this coming. Hopefully Karin will get angry enough to forget Sasuke and leave. If she doesn't, though, I won't be surprised.

#43 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:53 AM

Interesting chapter first one in a while that had a picture that made me happy and in honor of it I made a picture.
P.S. It's not very good

JLHza2T.png

#44 jinsterr

jinsterr

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Froot @ Jan 27 2010, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was a freakin' Raito moment right there. I'm sooo gonna spam this picture.

I might even put it on a T-shirt wow.png

....Is it sadistic to be in absolute love with this picture?

@ Truffles

I thought so too. But I'm sure she can't be injured too terribly.

Ugh. I'm tired of all this uproar over the manga. I'm going to sleep, wake me up when Naruto and Sakura make smex.

I must be a sadist for making it LMFAO

Oh if you're gonna spam the pic, make sure you upload it onto your own hosting :3

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jan 27 2010, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting chapter first one in a while that had a picture that made me happy and in honor of it I made a picture.
P.S. It's not very good

LOL I love how everyone's making motivational posters out of this :'D

Edited by jinsterr, 28 January 2010 - 12:56 AM.

#45 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (jinsterr @ Jan 27 2010, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahaha sorry I couldn't resist :'D

And this is my two cents on this chapter. Hurray.

Ohhhhh now I feel like I copied your picture... shamefulcry0js.gif

JLHza2T.png

#46 jinsterr

jinsterr

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jan 27 2010, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohhhhh now I feel like I copied your picture... shamefulcry0js.gif

LOL I don't see it that way wink.gif

This panel NEEDS to be used in as many crack posters as possible

JINSTERR APPROVES a_thumbs.gif

#47 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:03 AM

You know what I just realized? This is the first time a plain Genjutsu was used to win a fight in canon. No space/time manipuation techniques, just "your eye is closed, but you think it's open."

I'm glad that Genjutsu is finally getting used... but I'm annoyed it's Sasuke that used it.

#48 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:40 AM

the trick as I see it is people are reading Sacrafice too literally as he killed Karin as a sacrafice.

in the context of this manga sacrafice cna have many meanings. naruto made a sacrafice for Sakura by making the promise. Sakura is making a sacrafice for Naruto by pursuing sasuke.

In this case its not signifigant WHERE he stabbed karin as much as its signifigant THAT he stabbed her to get to Danzo.

This as Madara said showed he was ready he'd finally stepped over the edge. Even with his skill at making sure she wasnt killed, he was willing to cross the line and sacrafice anyone even someone like Karin who all development shows that she was someone precious to him.

But his own desire for revenge pushed him to set even that aside.

As to Karin herself, well if Naruto and Sakura can retian faith in Sasuke than she will as wlel. however I also think this incedent will shake that faith a bit. This will be Karins moment of truth when she sees how far sasuke has fallen and is falling still.

What will come of this depends on if Sasuke leaves her behind or not. if he does, then its a safe bet that Sakura and Karin will be meeting and having a conversation.

and believe me this conversation will lead to some NaruSaku as well.

I was right about one thing regarding Danzo he was overwhelmed by his own powers, as the shodais DNA nearly swallowed him, and as always all the bloodlines he stole did him no good.

As to Sasuke, well I was right again. Sasuke won the fight but lost the battle. In order to win he had to sacrafice the person who had stood beside him for so long now since her introduction and possibly before that if development is any indication.

this sacrafice is going to cost him in the long run.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#49 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:55 AM

Three things.

1. Would this technically be Sasuke true real win? One might argue that Karin got involved, but Danzou is the one who took her captive. Actually Sasuke did the Keanu Reeves thing in Speed "Shoot the Hostage."

2. Sasuke...is really beyond all help. People can argue all they want, but this act alone makes him nonredeemable at this point.

3. I don't know whether Karin is dead or not, but she is seriously hurt. She has blood coming from her mouth which means internal bleeding. Which means it hit something. A shoulder wound wouldn't do that.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 28 January 2010 - 01:58 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:01 AM

As I said, judging from the camera angle, either her heart or lungs were hit. Either one of those will probably bring her pretty close to death.

#51 Mugen no Neko

Mugen no Neko

♥ ~ Dreaming

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (Froot @ Jan 28 2010, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it significant at all that the big scene where Karin is stabbed is from behind so the viewer doesn't exactly see who got stabbed where?

Kishi did the same with Hinata behind the rock when Pain stabbed her. I think it is significant in that case ~ happy.gif
Since nobody knew whether Hinata remained alive, I think the odd angle from which the piercing is shown - so that it shows it going through Danzou's back as well - on Karin... that it's the same effect!

The end of the chapter was rather chilling... I can't help but believe that Sasuke... CANNOT be redeemed, and I held onto the hope that he could for a long, long time.

Please, Karin, stay alive! However... I bet her feelings for Sasuke will totally waver, cuz she really didn't sign up for this sh!t.

Edited by Mugen no Neko, 28 January 2010 - 02:34 AM.

meh.

#52 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Jan 27 2010, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In this case its not signifigant WHERE he stabbed karin as much as its signifigant THAT he stabbed her to get to Danzo.

QFT kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

JLHza2T.png

#53 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:27 AM

So, when he shoved a chidori through Naruto's chest, and then cracked his head against a rock... he wasn't thinking of killing him? Yeah, he didn't kill him in the end, but murdering someone who's unconscious feels a lot different to taking them on in a fight. He had every intention of killing Naruto in that fight.

Oh that's right...i forgot about that...i guess he is a crazy psychopath...im sorry for Naruto but the idea of Sasuke could come back seems a little bit off...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#54 pinkheartsyellowstars

pinkheartsyellowstars

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:37 AM

111189.gif ...on Sasuke's sadistic and insanely face...

There are 2 things i can give a conclusion on this chapter.

1.SASUKE IS NOW INSANE. fu.png
2.SASUKE IS NOT IN DARKNESS.. hm.png " yucky.gif "

#55 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Jan 27 2010, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As to Karin herself, well if Naruto and Sakura can retian faith in Sasuke than she will as wlel. however I also think this incedent will shake that faith a bit. This will be Karins moment of truth when she sees how far sasuke has fallen and is falling still.

Karin isn't on the same level as Sakura and Naruto. She was never with him in his momentary good days. So she has no reason to believe he is anything other than what he has always been towards her. It's pretty obvious now that he does think of her only as a tool. While I think she should have realized that much earlier, at least now she should finally see Sasuke isn't good for her and that he just doesn't care.

#56 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:05 AM

I feel sad for the SasuKarin...but they should have seen it coming their way...i mean Sasuke is not the guy who is interested in a relationship...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#57 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (crazyefra @ Jan 27 2010, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He was talking about the roots from the arm that has the cells of the first hokage

Thanks for the clarification.

Another thing that occurred to me; even though Sasuke already has the Mangekyo, would killing someone close to him (i.e. Karin) do anything to power it up even more?
End of line.

#58 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (Nawheetos @ Jan 27 2010, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the text on that last page 'Sasuke sacrifices Karin for revenge etc' - I don't see how Kishi could come back from that, and the crazy psycho looks/laughter, and go 'lol but he did care enough not to kill Karin actually!' Sasuke is cementing himself as villain material. I wasn't convinced by 'Sasuke could be final villain' before, but I'm beginning to believe it. After all, it would have more emotional impact.. I think it's a definite possibility now.

Then you don't understand Kishi very well. The shocker would be him actually going through with it.

#59 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (socermania2 @ Jan 27 2010, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he wanted to keep Danzo in place cause Danzo didn't expect Saucegay to do that.

Don't call him Sauce'GAY'. It's considered bashing. The rules on bashing are pretty clear. Please follow them.

#60 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:50 AM

Hey, NaruSaku fans are as bad as SasuSaku fans--many jumped on the SasuKarin bandwagon as soon as it started simply to spite SasuSaku. I am really against both pairings--Sasuke was never meant to get himself a girlfriend after all of this.

And finally. It was rubbing me the wrong way, all those ooc moments where he was acting like Team Taka was the new Team 7 and that these people, after his whole speach waaaay back about walking the path alone, are his new bffs and in Karin's case, his new GF. I'm sorry, but that was a huge contradiction to everything in part one. Some SasuKarin fans will say that Sasuke has treated Karin "special" off-screen, and therefore their relationship is deeper, he has feelings for her, despite the fact that it goes against what we know of him as a character. This is the man who left his village, killed his brother, and is now willing to destroy that village regardless of all the people there...

And yet Karin would get special treatment.

This works--this proves the whole "he's in the darkness" actually extends to everyone. So far Team Taka has been cheating; Sasuke realies on no one... But Team Taka. He will destroy anything... But Team Taka. He has no room in his heart for love/would make a bad husband for anyone... But for Karin, who is in team Taka. This has brought me to ease that yes, when Kishi says Sasuke is going downhill into the abyss, it includes those people who had this "off screen, unexplained" relationship with him. Sasuke is willing to destroy anything in his path, and in all honesty if he has spared Karin, a hostage standing in his way of something he seems to have promised his brother, then that's just... It's a cop out.

Bottom line is; I hope this is for rea and the girl is dead. I also hope this is the end to yet another Sasuke fight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users