#41 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 19 2012, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My main argument against Sakura having any "hidden" abilities is... if she had any, why wouldn't she have used them against Sasori? He was a dangerous opponent, let alone an Akatsuki member. She should have used every single advantage that she had available to her in that fight, and if she didn't, then that's just plain dumb on her part. And we all know that Sakura isn't one to make dumb mistakes like that. Sure, she's made dumb mistakes with her personal life, but in fights like that? No. So, since it's unlikely that she was being dumb by hiding any abilities that may have helped in that fight, it's very unlikely that she has any to speak of.

Just to answer that question, there could be any number of reasons: Takes special tools\medicine to prepare for (like Chouji's special family soldier pills) which she didn't have on hand, or it could require more time than was plausible in that battle (that was pretty darned fast-paced; if she needed to concentrate her maximum chakra for something, she'd have been dead before she could use it), or it could have been a poor environment for it (they were fighting in a desert cave, and she needed water\trees\etc. present to manipulate), or simply it just have not been the right technique to use against that guy (battling a puppetmaster, is it a wise idea to, say, employ genjutsu when you aren't entirely sure if the person you're fighting is a real person or a puppet?), or she has some very powerful techniques she doesn't feel comfortable using because she has little\no experience with them and\or they were unreliable at her contemporary experience with them. Naruto didn't summon toads in a battle with the illusory Itachi, recall, even though we know he had talent with the technique and they were a valuable asset against an extremely dangerous opponent. There was a reason for that, too, even though the toads have proven to be the key to some of his more powerful techniques.

Edited by desaix, 19 April 2012 - 09:11 PM.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#42 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 19 2012, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We saw her true capacity in the Sasori fight, and unless Kishi wants to pull something out of absolutely nowhere, then she hasn't improved in combat since then.

You seriously think her fight with Sasori that took place 200+ chapters ago was her max capabilities and there's absolutely no room for improvement? C'mon man, even Chouji showed improvement in techniques during the war. We're talking about Sakura here, the main character. If you can't believe she'll improve then your level of skepticism must be very high.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#43 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 19 2012, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You seriously think her fight with Sasori that took place 200+ chapters ago was her max capabilities and there's absolutely no room for improvement? C'mon man, even Chouji showed improvement in techniques during the war. We're talking about Sakura here, the main character. If you can't believe she'll improve then your level of skepticism must be very high.

@DK: Agree, look at Naruto three training arcs. Sasuke has power ups without even training. So I'm wagering she's going to surprise us with SM and surpass Tsunade. It has been proven that Jiraiya was the only one of the three Sannins to learn SM. By all means Sakura she have a power considering she's one of the three protagonists. If not, this proves Kishi abhorbs sips female fictional characters.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#44 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 20 2012, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sir! I salute you! wave.gif

If you think about it, almost all the main characters have brought surprises to the war, so why can't Sakura bring up a "trump card" too? After all, she has been healing people during most of the war. We haven't seen her battle yet (I can't even count the fake Neji as a true fight).

#45 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 20 2012, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chouji was off-panel most of the time; we don't know where he was. We do, however, know where Sakura was the vast majority of the time. This is a bad thing in this case because it shows that when we saw her (which was quite a lot), she couldn't have been training. And considering how much we've seen her... It's incredibly unlikely that she had time to learn something to the extent of sage mode or a summoning technique.

If she has any other hidden abilities, then she must have had them in the Sasori fight or not at all. It's really as simple as that.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#46 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 20 2012, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chouji was off-panel most of the time; we don't know where he was. We do, however, know where Sakura was the vast majority of the time. This is a bad thing in this case because it shows that when we saw her (which was quite a lot), she couldn't have been training. And considering how much we've seen her... It's incredibly unlikely that she had time to learn something to the extent of sage mode or a summoning technique.

If she has any other hidden abilities, then she must have had them in the Sasori fight or not at all. It's really as simple as that.

Choji showing improvement wasn't about any training. If anything, he failed his training since he nearly got Shikamaru and Ino killed numerous times. Seriously, all he had to do was follow the Ino-Shika-Cho formation and Asuma would have been captured in 5 seconds. He caused a dangerous situation by failing his training and cracking under the pressure. If Sakura had acted like Choji during the war and cried manly tears, fans would have torn her apart. Then he needed speeches from Shika, Ino, and even Asuma to man up and show growth. He had to be pushed to the brink in order to unleash his potential.

So based on that, we might not see Sakura's major growth until Naruto badly needs her. And she is forced to go all out.

Edited by Deej, 20 April 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#47 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (Deej @ Apr 20 2012, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Choji showing improvement wasn't about any training. If anything, he failed his training since he nearly got Shikamaru and Ino killed numerous times. Seriously, all he had to do was follow the Ino-Shika-Cho formation and Asuma would have been captured in 5 seconds. He caused a dangerous situation by failing his training and cracking under the pressure. If Sakura had acted like Choji during the war and cried manly tears, fans would have torn her apart. Then he needed speeches from Shika, Ino, and even Asuma to man up and show growth. He had to be pushed to the brink in order to unleash his potential.

So based on that, we might not see Sakura's major growth until Naruto badly needs her. And she is forced to go all out.

So wait, you're saying that Sakura doesn't feel confident enough in herself to show all of her abilities, and needs to be pushed and babied, like Chouji, in order to actually be useful?
I severely disagree.

AboojTi.gif

#48 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

It is true that since we have been following Sakura pretty much throughout the entirety of part 2, that there really is no way Kishi could have her suddenly master a new technique without it being a major ass pull, except during the "confining the jinchuuriki" arc. As far as I can remember, that's the only arc where she was absent for an extended period of time. Granted, she would not have had that long to learn it and Tsunade would not have been able to assist her very much due to her duties as Hokage plus she would also have had to help with the war preparations, but it is possibility.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#49 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

I know I've said it before but I seriously dought Sakura has enough chakra to preform Sage Mode and I will try my best to prove it.

First lets look at the chakra levels of a few characters according to the databooks

First lets look at the three characters that are confirmed to know Sage Mode.

Naruto: in the first databook he had a chakra level of 4, in the second he had 4 and in the third he had 5.
Jirayia: in the third databook he had a chakra level of 5
Kabuto: in all the databook he had a chakra level of 3

But it should be noted that Kabuto chakra level has most likely higher then that now because of his infusing himself with Orochimaru's remains, plus he admitted that he had been experimenting on himself and if I am not mistaken he said that one of his experiments made him able to absorb Nature Energy better, so in other words Kabuto is cheating.

Next lets look at a few more characters

Kakashi: in all the databooks he had a chakra level of 3
Tsunade: in the third databook she had a chakra level of 4
Shizune: in the second databook she had a chakra level of 3
Orochimaru: in the third databook he had a chakra level of 3.5
Sasuke: in the first databook he had a chakra level of 2, in the second he had 3 and in the third he had 3.5
Sakura: in the first databook she had a chakra level of 1, in the second she had 1.5 and in the third she had 2.5

Now admittedly both Sakura and Sasuke's chakra levels have probably increased since the third databook but based on the rate at which Sakura's charkra level have been increasing I can't imagine it being more then 3.

So if Sakura could learn Sage Mode then that means so could Kakashi, Tsunade, Shizune, Orochimaru and Sasuke all could learn it to and if I'm not mistaken Kabuto said that Orochimaru was unable to learn Sage Mode, and since according to the databooks Tsunade has more chakra then Orochimaru, so if anyone could learn a slug Sage Mode Tsunade it the most likely one and if she knew Sage Mode why didn't she use it to fight Pain?

another point Kabuto would most like have a large amount of chakra now, otherwise how could he have brought back so many with Edo Tensei.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#50 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Apr 20 2012, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is true that since we have been following Sakura pretty much throughout the entirety of part 2, that there really is no way Kishi could have her suddenly master a new technique without it being a major ass pull, except during the "confining the jinchuuriki" arc. As far as I can remember, that's the only arc where she was absent for an extended period of time. Granted, she would not have had that long to learn it and Tsunade would not have been able to assist her very much due to her duties as Hokage plus she would also have had to help with the war preparations, but it is possibility.

"Confining the Jinchuuriki" arc? When was that? What happened then?

AboojTi.gif

#51 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 20 2012, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Jinchuuriki Mode arc she was off screen. Who's to say she never improve in that time period?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#52 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Konoha'sCrimsonFox @ Apr 20 2012, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Jinchuuriki Mode arc she was off screen. Who's to say she never improve in that time period?

Again, "Jinchuuriki Mode" arc?

AboojTi.gif

#53 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again, "Jinchuuriki Mode" arc?

When Naruto was training with Killer Bee on the island turtle.

fly to live, Aces high

#54 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Apr 20 2012, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When Naruto was training with Killer Bee on the island turtle.

laugh.gif If people think that that incredibly short amount of time is enough to get Sakura to learn something to the magnitude of a summoning or Sage mode... no, just no. Come on, people. Think.

AboojTi.gif

#55 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 21 2012, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif If people think that that incredibly short amount of time is enough to get Sakura to learn something to the magnitude of a summoning or Sage mode... no, just no. Come on, people. Think.

No thanks. Thinking is overrated. sleep.gif

Besides, Sakura always seemed like a quick learner to me. wink.gif

Edited by TerrorKing, 20 April 2012 - 10:46 PM.

fly to live, Aces high

#56 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 20 2012, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could be enough time to improve a skill she had been studying prior to the battle with Sasori. If she knew slug-summoning already, and just couldn't summon one that would be effective in battle (or, say, didn't believe a slug would be useful in THAT battle -- Naruto didn't always summon toads when he was in a fight after learning toad summoning. In his most desperate hour, Part I -- when he was battling Sasuke at the Valley of the End -- did even one toad make an appearance?), well, a week or two of practice might make a difference.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#57 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Apr 20 2012, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No thanks. Thinking is overrated. sleep.gif

Besides, Sakura always seemed like a quick learner to me. wink.gif

"Quick learner"? That's quite enough to cram those techniques into the span of a few days. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (desaix @ Apr 20 2012, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could be enough time to improve a skill she had been studying prior to the battle with Sasori. If she knew slug-summoning already, and just couldn't summon one that would be effective in battle (or, say, didn't believe a slug would be useful in THAT battle -- Naruto didn't always summon toads when he was in a fight after learning toad summoning. In his most desperate hour, Part I -- when he was battling Sasuke at the Valley of the End -- did even one toad make an appearance?), well, a week or two of practice might make a difference.

That's a good point. I can't refute that because it is a possibility.

As for the bolded, though... a week or two? Come on, the training thing that Naruto was on couldn't have lasted an entire week or longer. It went by way too fast for that.

AboojTi.gif

#58 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 20 2012, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Quick learner"? That's quite enough to cram those techniques into the span of a few days. rolleyes.gif

That's a good point. I can't refute that because it is a possibility.

As for the bolded, though... a week or two? Come on, the training thing that Naruto was on couldn't have lasted an entire week or longer. It went by way too fast for that.

Dude, the war started 3 months after the declaration. In spring. Kishimoto just skipped a lot.

Naruto took at least 2 months to learn it and Sakura was essentially doing nothing. In fact, she would have been cramming as much as she could, seeing as how she knew the war would soon happen.

Edited by The Tax-Man, 20 April 2012 - 11:08 PM.

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#59 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 21 2012, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, if Naruto could learn to fully control the Kyuubi in just a few days, then I don't see why Sakura coudln't learn summoning jutsu or some other unspecified jutsu in that same period.

Besides, I thought that arc took way longer than that. Like at least a week.

fly to live, Aces high

#60 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

As long as she learns Byakouyo, she doesnt need sage mode. Sage mode was essentially the study of a martial art AND consumption of nature energy. Byakouyo is just storing up a massive amount of chakra. It seems practically easy when compared to other stuff really.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users