Old Cartoons and Tv Shows

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#41 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jun 15 2011, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, that's the one. I think Hitler was also trying to destroy Daffy's huge scrap pile.

I have to rewatch the tape to actually understand what's going on. Back when I was a child, that was one of the cartoons that I didn't quite get the parody. Although I wasn't a fan of Daffy back then, and on that tape, I have others like Bugs, Porky, Popeye, Little Audrey, Casper and Little Lulu. Thank goodness I kept my VHS.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#42 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (The Notorious L.I.D. @ Jun 13 2011, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember watching Soul Train every saturday after cartoons.

I only watched it just to see the ladies shake their money maker. pictureem0.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#43 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 15 2011, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to rewatch the tape to actually understand what's going on. Back when I was a child, that was one of the cartoons that I didn't quite get the parody. Although I wasn't a fan of Daffy back then, and on that tape, I have others like Bugs, Porky, Popeye, Little Audrey, Casper and Little Lulu. Thank goodness I kept my VHS.

It wasn't a parody. It intentionally encouraged people to make their own piles to be used in the war effort. That's why alot of those no longer make sense; they were written specifically for a time period that has long since passed. If you weren't alive during or around that time (or aren't familiar with the history) it won't make sense.

#44 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:43 AM

Err....Nate, just how OLD are you exactly???

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#45 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jun 15 2011, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Err....Nate, just how OLD are you exactly???

30. I was born in the early 80's. I'm not THAT old.

I've seen the cartoon before and I'm familiar with some of the WWII history. We watched the thing a school for that reason.

#46 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

Caaaartoooooons *_________* <3

I grew up in front of the boob tube, with Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, PBS... Ah, childhood.

Angry Beavers, Ah! Real Monsters, KaBlam, Rocket Power, Catdog, Rocko's Modern Life, Scooby Doo, Powerpuff Girls, Grimm and Evil, Talespin, Inspector Gadget, Pepperann.... GAAAH the nostalgia's too great XDD

Oh! And then the live-action stuff like Clarissa Explains It All, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple (I so wanted to be on that!), Salute Your Shorts...

.....can it be the 90s again? ; _____; *dying of the warm fuzzies*

#47 Uzumaki Naruto

Uzumaki Naruto

Hokage

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jun 16 2011, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Caaaartoooooons *_________* <3

I grew up in front of the boob tube, with Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, PBS... Ah, childhood.

Angry Beavers, Ah! Real Monsters, KaBlam, Rocket Power, Catdog, Rocko's Modern Life, Scooby Doo, Powerpuff Girls, Grimm and Evil, Talespin, Inspector Gadget, Pepperann.... GAAAH the nostalgia's too great XDD

Oh! And then the live-action stuff like Clarissa Explains It All, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple (I so wanted to be on that!), Salute Your Shorts...

.....can it be the 90s again? ; _____; *dying of the warm fuzzies*

Holy crap! Finally someone who seen Rocket power! That show is underrated! I am watching it now and it's amazing!

Who were your favorite characters?

#48 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:17 PM

Bugs Bunny, of course! Uh, Rugrats, I adored Blues Clues, lol (I got a Magenta pillow when I was five, and I STILL have it XD sleeps with me every night.) Anyway, erg... Dora lol :D woo...!

#49 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:01 PM

Thundercats
Silverhawks
Talespin
Chip and Dale rescue rangers
Captain N
Voltron
Speed Racer

Shows:
The A team
Growing pains
Saved by the Bell
Step by Step
Family matters
Beakman's world
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#50 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jun 16 2011, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Legends of the Hidden Temple (I so wanted to be on that!)

OMG! Me too!!! wow.png

I was desperately trying to get on that show when I was a kid. I really, really wanted to go inside the temple and get the items, because most of those kids didn't know what they were doing and most of the time, they either get caught by the guards or get stuck on a certain area.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#51 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Uzumaki Naruto @ Jun 16 2011, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holy crap! Finally someone who seen Rocket power! That show is underrated! I am watching it now and it's amazing!

Who were your favorite characters?

Twister! And Sam, 'cause he was so adorably out of place XD The Rockets themselves were...ok, except that I remember not liking them as much as the others when I was a kid because they were kinda mean lol.

@Derock--Seriously! I remember always getting so frustrated watching them go through it and totally screw up. Or during the trivia part, where they have to answer questions from whatever "legend" the episode was on? I can remember yelling the answer at the TV screen, and always rooting for either the Red Jaguars or the Green Monkeys XD

#52 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jun 16 2011, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
30. I was born in the early 80's. I'm not THAT old.

I've seen the cartoon before and I'm familiar with some of the WWII history. We watched the thing a school for that reason.

Sorry, just that the way you talked about it made it seem that you ACTUALLY lived in that era.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#53 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

Oh man, all the memories! XD

Thundercats, He-Man, Batman (the animated series), Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Road Runner, Captain N, Legend of Zelda, Transformers, Wacky Races... I could go on and on. I'm sure that there are many others I've forgotten as well.

I used to love watching The Crystal Maze with Richard O'Brien as well. Great show, it's a pity we don't have anything like that these days.

EDIT: How could I forget Maid Marian and Her Merry Men! Danny John-Jules - Red Dwarf's Cat - was also on this show.

#54 SugarPie

SugarPie

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:reading, drawing, sports, sleeping, tv, friends, animals and drawing

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:50 PM

Since we're talking about old cartoons I will share my favorite ones with you. tongue.gif
Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed, Edd N Eddy, Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls, Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Johnny Bravo, Animaniacs, Batman: the Animated Series, Angry Beavers, Invader Zim, Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, Kablam, Catdog, Goof Troop, Dave the Barbarian, and that's all I can think of at the moment.
These are the ones that I could watch over and over not get tired of.
It's a shame that just about ALL of the ones I named were cancelled. down.gif

#55 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 15 2011, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had a VHS similar to that, I lost it somehow. But my dad bought this DVD of like 100 cartoons from that era. The video below is one of my favorites!

#56 luluxiu

luluxiu

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:27 AM

I caught the whole Sailor Moon S and in the UK about two years ago, the superclass arc. Do not know, but they are still worth the wait. I saw people's eyes, as early as the day is very inappropriate in the library the old comics uncut / Hide.

#57 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:01 AM

Let see some of my fav cartoon shows growing up were....

Sonic the Hedgehog (SATAM)
Darkwing duck
Duck tales
My little pony
Earthworm Jim
Animaniacs
Teenage mutant ninja turtles
Thunder cats
Voltron
Pound puppies
Denver the last Dinosaur
Tiny toons
Chip and dale rescue rangers
Tale Spin

and the list goes on and on XD

As for shows I loved

Unsolved Mysteries
Rescue 911
The facts of Life
Boy meets world
Full house
Mr wizard

Edited by Konohakitten, 22 August 2011 - 04:04 AM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#58 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:07 AM

I used to watch Kirby every day of my life.

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 22 August 2011 - 04:14 AM.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users