Close
Photo

How hardcore of a NS fan are you?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Poll: How hardcore of a NS fan are you? (129 member(s) have cast votes)

Where do you sit on the NS aisle?

1. I dont support NS at all (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Neutral (4 votes [3.10%])

Percentage of vote: 3.10%

3. Moderate (36 votes [27.91%])

Percentage of vote: 27.91%

4. Hardcore (48 votes [37.21%])

Percentage of vote: 37.21%

5. NS is a way of life!! (41 votes [31.78%])

Percentage of vote: 31.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

I put myself down as a hardcore fan, in that NaruSaku is the main reason I even read the manga (although I'm enjoying a lot of the rest of it, too.) And that's a better reason than the reason I read Bleach still, which is more out of a grit-my-teeth determination to finish it than any lingering joy I take from the pairings I shipped.

However, I do not think I will be so hardcore as the most rabid of the Harry/Hermione fans, who re-wrote all of Book 7 and sent hate mail to J.K. Rowling. (I called Ron/Her back in book 3, honestly.) If I turn out to be wrong, then Kishimoto better damn well give me an awesome story to make up for it.

But I doubt I'll be wrong. happy.gif

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#42 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

i was hardcore XD.....but lately....i have been moderate biggrin.gif

(probably because of legend of korra and young justice)

lately i havent been into naruto....american cartoons have been taking over my brain XDDD

maybe its also because WE HAVENT SEEN SAKURA IN FORVER >:U bring her back kishi......bring her back.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#43 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

hardcore/moderate. No, I would say hardcore, due to my daydreaming(tell me if that is normal or if I'm nuts argh1.png ), and heavy interest for NS fanart. I think I'm a geeky fangirl, haha. Also, I do debate sometimes on youtube, dunno how many here knows my user, but I'm kinda like periods and on/off on disscussions. Lucky I'm not all bashy and try to keep a cool head.

I won't rage and send hatemail if NS doesn't happen, but I think it'll be hard for Kishi to make a good story without it, cuz of the obvious hints and unsolved issues. Besides, I'm waiting for them. sad.gif 90% sure it will happen, it will probably be a heavy disappointment if not.

Edited by sushi., 10 June 2012 - 09:57 PM.

ナルサク

#44 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Jun 10 2012, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was hardcore XD.....but lately....i have been moderate biggrin.gif

(probably because of legend of korra and young justice)

lately i havent been into naruto....american cartoons have been taking over my brain XDDD

maybe its also because WE HAVENT SEEN SAKURA IN FORVER >:U bring her back kishi......bring her back.

How do you watch that crap? I only use my tv for video games now. TV is seriously a waist of my time now days.

#45 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Dalton (I stink at names) @ Jun 10 2012, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you watch that crap? I only use my tv for video games now. TV is seriously a waist of my time now days.

thats just your opinion.

i think its awesome biggrin.gif i always loved cartoons and still do.

i dont think anime is the best thing in the world.

i put anime and cartoons on the same level. sometimes anime is better sometimes cartoons are, just depends.

Edited by merryGOflava, 10 June 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#46 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

I would qualify myself like a moderate shipper. I like it, I find it very enjoyable and even funny and I think it is the canon couple. However I would not go to the extreme lengths some rabid shippers go. And if it does not happen... So it's life.

i put anime and cartoons on the same level. sometimes anime is better sometimes cartoons are, just depends.

Well, anime is like Japanese refer to animation -including cartoons- so it has sense put them on the same level.

I like anime and there are many Western cartoons I like, althought I do not watch many TV shows nowadays.

I do not see Legend of Korra because I didn't watch Avatar so I think I would have not get many things. And because there are many Japanese and Western cartoons I would like watching first.

No, not weakens the resolve, just takes a lot of the joy out of it.

I agree. I do not find it funny or invigorating, I find it frustrating. And yes, it ruins the experience. Arguing with rabid fanboys -especially haters or bashers- is a very frustrating, tiresome chore because the most rabid prefers to stick to their preconceived ideas, biases and hatred and refuse to hear to any difering point of view.

And character bashers are the worst of the lot. Especially the ones bash a character for any real or imaginary offense and at the same time turn another character into a perfect, pure Mary Sue.

So I stopped arguing with them. I can not care less about that they think; I KNOW what I read/watched.

And Ciardha is right about the character-bashing becoming gradually and increasingly virulent. Back in the late nineties I checked fanworks of some series and ocassionally I lurked in some boards. Eventually other shows caught my interest and I left for a while.

However I don't stop liking one show only because other things draw my attention and I put the former show aside for a while. I keep liking it and every so often I return to it. So several years later I began checking again fanfiction and other things... and I found some characters -mainly female Tsunderes- were constantly bashed and hatred -whereas other flawed characters were turned into perfect Mary Sues-.

Back when the Ranma 1/2 fandom was active, I never found so many Akane haters how I do now. Neither them were so virulent. Everybody understood the concept of violence used like a comedic relief, and most people at the very least respected the fact Ranma/Akane were the official couple.

And I have found that same situation with a lot of shows were the rage in Western fandom back in the nineties. The Tsundere, strong-willed female character is hated, and the submisive, soft-spoken female character is turned into a perfect, nice, warm, considerate, compasionate Mary Sue, and her flaws are disregarded.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#47 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

I would say between hardcore and moderate. because I feel moderate cuz I'm not gonna go and say that people must love this pairing absolutely or else like some people does. But I feel a little more than moderate cuz if narusaku doesn't became canon by the end of the manga and another paring would happen involving those character, I would feel really disapointed cuz to me it's the only logical paring implying both those character that make sense. Naruhina would be kind of rush just to please a fandom cuz you can cleary see during the whole shippuden where we've been heading and how hinata was almost non existent during the whole Shippuden, only pain arc and war arc somehow. About sasusaku it'll make Sakura lost some development as a character in general ( a guy who try to kill you twice, and people close to you, I don't think it would be really realistic to date him afterward.)
The story in general would kind lost something cuz at the beginning I was like ok, the hero got 2 goal 1-become hokage 2- get that girl and he got the never gives up attitude. plus you seen the girl develop her feeling toward him as we advance the manga and we see at the story goes he get closer and closer of both of his goals. (want a happy ending for Naruto character to:) )

If NS won't happen, to me the only other logical option is no paring at all implying those character(Sucks but still the most logical if NS didn't happen) Those who want to know why I think NaruSaku is the only logical pairing here's a link http://www.narusaku....300#entry318444

That's why I think I stand, between moderate and hardcore:P

#48 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

I would consider myself moderate, I firmly believe that NS will be the final pairing but if I am wrong meh it won't affect my life it is just a story after all.

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Jun 10 2012, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't understand this point, Anime are cartoons it is just the Japanese name for cartoons! wha...????

that is like saying I like books more than les livres ?????

Edited by Verilance, 11 August 2012 - 04:12 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#49 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

I would say i'm between Neutral and Moderate. I would be cool with NH happening as long as it makes sense. The only reason I don't support it now is because so far, it wouldn't make sense if it did happen and that is why I support NS, because it would make sense though they still have some stuff to work out like hiding things from each other. Though I become a little hardcore when I meet an annoying NH fan. xD

Edited by HalfStarStudios, 11 August 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#50 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

Been a hardcore supporter of the pairing since chapter 3.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#51 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Aug 11 2012, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would consider myself moderate, I firmly believe that NS will be the final pairing but if I am wrong meh it won't affect my life it is just a story after all.

I don't understand this point, Anime are cartoons it is just the Japanese name for cartoons! wha...????

that is like saying I like books more than les livres ?????

i meant Japanese animation (anime) vs cartoons (which is easier to say than american animation)

:3 its just easier for me biggrin.gif

#52 GlucoseGlutton

GlucoseGlutton

Professional Trash

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:SakuHina tbh

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

I guess I'll say moderate... I'll be pretty disappointed and seriously surprised if it doesn't happen but I won't s#!t bricks. I'm more of an Anti-Naruhina girl anyways ( I just can't stomach the pairing or understand it and most of it's shippers tick me off). If any other pairing that isn't Naruhina happens I actually wouldn't care. I guess its cause I usually don't ship canon pairings anyways turned.gif .

Edit: At one point I was a hardcore/way of life shipper but I mellowed out about it I guess....

Edited by Bubbleyum, 21 August 2012 - 02:12 AM.

tumblr_mvi3cfp7Sy1rb7h2eo3_500.jpg

#53 Fox-And-Flower

Fox-And-Flower

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

HARD
CORE.

I would probably blow a gasket if it didn't happen, because nothing else would make sense to me...
But then, I guess I'd be okay with an open ending too.

#54 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

I am definitely leaning toward being neutral. Something I never thought I would be with NS. The only pairing I have any emotional investment in Naruto is ShikaTema. Other than that one, I am open to whatever Kishi decides to come up with. I still believe 100% that Sakura and Naruto should be the couple. But I won't even be disappointed if he decides Naruto should be with Hinata. I'll never like NaruHina, and always ship NaruSaku, but it doesn't bother me anymore.

I wonder if it has anything to do with recently liking Ino, Konan, and Temari more than Sakura as female characters? Once I starting losing interest in Sakura, I lost some interest in NS.

Edited by Deej, 16 August 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#55 TheClover

TheClover

Not with that yangire attitude, young lady.

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Ask! :)

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

I used to be hardcore to the extreme, but now...I've cooled down a bit since the war is going on and all. More focused on the plot than the romance. Although, I'm sure I'll be back to normal again as soon as there's some new development. laugh.gif

#56 TyranntX

TyranntX

Undisputed King of the Dinosaurs

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku (duh), Dinosaurs, anime, Starcraft, and skyrim.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

to answer your question, im so much of a die hard NS fan that i wish there was an option that surpassed "NaruSaku is a way of life"

I enjoy it that much

danarusakunp3.gif

tyrantrum.gif

NaruSaku

Check out my Youtube Channel!

https://www.youtube....TyranntX/videos

#57 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

I sacrifice a virgin lamb on an altar to Eruzlie, Haitian goddess of love, every full moon to earn her favor for their union. I think she has been appeased. We've seen lots of NS moments lately, after all. biggrin.gif Join me in my prayer to Eruzlie for Kishimoto to see the light...

Fòtin être sou fleri penk pyebwa a. Fòtin être sou zannimo wouj la queue anpil. Fòtin être sou NaruSaku, se pou yo renmen, kenbe fèm.

On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#58 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

I'd consider myself a hardcore narusaku fan, i support it all the way, but not those kinda fans that kill themselves over pairings or obsessed with narusaku, im normal about it,when narusaku happens im gonna definatly be happy and all but im not gonna go to each NH and SS fandom and rub it in their faces....well actually on second thought i moght rub it in the ones that get in my way fu.png lol but back to the point, and if it doesn't happen, narusaku that is, im not gonna lose sleep over it or get depressed narusaku isn't my whole life, but i'll definatly get sad and exteemly disappointef and the whole point of naruto is "never give up" so that'll just destroy the whole series but most importantly destroy narutos character and that'll be considered a failure on narutos behalf and he wont surpass the previous generation completly .i.e obito and rin jiraya and tsunade so yeah but thats definarly not gpnna happen cuz narusaku is gonna happen 100 %

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#59 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

I'm pretty hardcore.

Well, I've been supporting NaruSaku for over 8 years and I did create H&E to keep Hoku's NaruSaku FC going when NarutoTalk went down. XD

I used to have a lot of friendly debates with other fanclubs who had some great debaters, but I quit that when it got too tiring due to circular arguments and some posters twisting/ignoring canon to suit their views. There are plenty of better ways to spend your time than arguing with others who will never consider other points of view. wink.gif

Quite honestly, I have a hard time imagining Naruto and Sakura being romantically involved with others (personal taste, that's all). If NaruSaku does happen, then that will be awesome and I'll be celebrating for weeks/months. If it doesn't happen, then I'll be pretty disappointed, but will still support the pairing.

#60 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

im not hardcore lately

but whenever there is a narusaku moment i become one again biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users