Close
Photo

Hinata Hyuga: Opinion and Character Analaysis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

Poll: Hinata Hyuga: Opinion and Character Analaysis (93 member(s) have cast votes)

Opinon of Hinata

1. I love Hinata! She's my favorite! (1 votes [1.08%])

Percentage of vote: 1.08%

2. I like her but she's not a favorite (29 votes [31.18%])

Percentage of vote: 31.18%

3. She's okay but can be annoying sometimes (16 votes [17.20%])

Percentage of vote: 17.20%

4. I don't care about Hinata. (36 votes [38.71%])

Percentage of vote: 38.71%

5. I really dislike her (11 votes [11.83%])

Percentage of vote: 11.83%

Vote

#41 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:21 AM

i really wouldnt mind her biggrin.gif

but the anime and her fans make her seem too perfect.

so i began to not like her in anything.

sad.gif i feel bad though....shes not a bad character.......shes just a side-charcter with too much fans to handle.

when naruto first came out i liked both sakura and hinata alot. actually when she confessed thats when i started to notice her fans and got annoyed by her.

sigh...i miss the good ol days when i didnt notice shippings........(..though im glad i did biggrin.gif its fun~)

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#42 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Apr 14 2012, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
such as domestic skills; for instance cooking (how the hell do you even know she's a bad cook!?), earning her much more hate than she really deserves.

Yeah, that annoyed me. It's an outdated characteristic of the tsundere type- okay back in the late 80's in a comic manga written by a woman (Ranma 1/2 by Rumiko Takahashi, character Akane Tendo, the first fully developed tsundere character. And Takahashi, while not not a overtly a feminist, was making subtle critiques on the restrictions on gender roles in that series- Akane's shame at "failing" with expected gender roles was treated with less and less importance as the series went on, while her strength of character was treated more and more sympathetically.

And if you look it realistically it's Sakura who should be excellent at cooking and baking considering she basically remembers anything she's ever read, and being able to quickly adapt and apply her knowledge in a highly skilled way- that's a key skill of the best chefs.

And she sure as heck wouldn't be making horridly bitter foods, this is supposed to be her favorite food:

http://washoku-taste...ma-anmitsu.html

a sweet dessert

On the other hand, Hinata is from a very elite family, and the non main family basically are the main family's servants. Hinata would essentially be like a woman from the Edo period of a very high ranking samurai family that permanently lived in the capital- the only thing considered proper for her to know how to make would be tea. Anything else the servants would make, it would be considered pointless to even go anywhere near the kitchen to do a servant's task. And in manga canon no thought of the least challenge to the way things are in the Hyuuga clan has ever been seen to even pass her mind.

And since I talked about one of the elite clans, here's an explanation why the Uchiha were different from the Hyuuga. The Uchiha clan, despite being elite- still lived similar to a historical battle ready clan samurai clan of the provinces. Intraclan ranks weren't so rigid in those samurai families and even the highest ranked women could and did cook, and even the men would know rudimentary things, because they were often in situations where they had to make their own meals...

Edited by ciardha, 16 April 2012 - 03:16 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#43 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

Hinata. Satellite Character. 'Nuf said.

#44 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Apr 16 2012, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hinata. Satellite Character. 'Nuf said.

what is a satellite character?

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#45 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

a lesser character that orbits the main character but has no real effect on the story.

thats one of the definitiions.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#46 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

Well, here's what I found on the definition of satellite character. Makes sense.

A character whose motivations and overall personality essentially revolve around their interaction with another, possibly more interesting, character with whom they really should be on an equal standing. Without this interaction, they would otherwise be pretty bland.

Sometimes a series will remove that "central" person from the equation somehow, and the Satellite Character has to establish their own motives. This is a common way to make a Battle Butler more interesting. On the other hand, a Spin-Off can fail entirely if the star is a Satellite Character whose character can't support their own stories.

Contributing to their poor image in some circles, badly-written Magical Girlfriends become Satellite Characters if not outright Shallow Love Interests with disturbing frequency.

Note that not all satellite characters are friendly, though... Some satellites are the exact opposite, full of all-consuming jealousy, rage, bitterness, vengefulness, or outright hatred, orbiting until the time is right to crash violently into the character they circle. This is EXCEEDINGLY rare, though.

http://tvtropes.org/...elliteCharacter.

Edited by Anguyen92, 16 April 2012 - 08:26 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#47 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

Thanks Guyen and Catsi. happy.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#48 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

I'm neutral about how I feel about her

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#49 Kiaya

Kiaya

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Anime, other stuff...

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:37 AM

Well, I can't say that I don't like her, because her personality is very similar to my own. It would be like I'm saying I hate myself, which I don't. But even so. . . Hinata is still sort of a. . . meh. . with me. I'm a girl that favors and admires the tough-minded females because I always wish I could be like them.

#50 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:06 AM

As far as I'm concerned, Hinata is an out-of-genre character. Is she a good character? yes. The problem is that she is simply not a character I want to see in an action based series for the simple reason that showing her dishing out some of the action would just throw her entire personality out of loop. There was only one, yes ONE, scene where Kishi had the chance to make Hinata grow out of her perceived personality into someone who might fit in the series and that was during chuunin exam arc, when she was dishing it out with Neji to be specific. Yet, he had done no such thing, instead of showing her brand newly acquired courage, he immediately put her back into her passive persona which just turn her previous action from bravery worthy or respect into something we can associate as dumb recklessness.

Simply put, I can't imagine her being in a battlefield fighting or even as a healer, her personality will just make her stick out like a sore thumb, out of place and unwanted.

The only genre where I can see her character being important is if the series somehow turned into a slice of life, comedy and romance altogether.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#51 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (Kiaya @ May 2 2012, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I can't say that I don't like her, because her personality is very similar to my own. It would be like I'm saying I hate myself, which I don't. But even so. . . Hinata is still sort of a. . . meh. . with me. I'm a girl that favors and admires the tough-minded females because I always wish I could be like them.

I think Hinata is similar to me as well. I'm usually a pretty quiet individual and shy at times but I think I have some Sakura traits as well. I don't hate myself either but passiveness and shyness like Hinata and I have...I just don't like and I wish I could change that about myself biggrin.gif . Though I talk more than Hinata does and am very easy to irritate which I think makes me like Sakura as well.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#52 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (Kim @ May 3 2012, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree that she would be suited for another type of manga. But I don't think I would mind her too much if some fans didn't try to blow her character importance out of proportion. I guess I would find her okay and maybe even practically invisible if that didn't bother me so much.

I don't even hate Hinata at all. I think she's okay. It's just her fanbase is so annoying and way too large for a simple side character. I come off as hating her because it annoys me so much and so many people thinks she's a "perfect little angel" dry.gif. I've even accidently bashed Hinata on youtube and other sites without even realizing(The NaruHina fanboys/fangirls got really mad at me tongue.gif) I guess my mild to middle dislike of Hinata was influenced by her fans as well laugh.gif.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#53 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (Deej @ Apr 15 2012, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the folks that dislike or are indifferent to Hinata - is she a salvageable character, or is there nothing that will change your opinion of her?

I thought she would have gotten over her crush of Naruto, like the village got over its crush of Sasuke.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#54 Forlong

Forlong

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

I really like Hinata. Her fans, on the other hand... dry.gif

#55 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

Aww someone changed my TV trope entry....darn.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#56 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 15 2012, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i really wouldnt mind her biggrin.gif

but the anime and her fans make her seem too perfect.

so i began to not like her in anything.

sad.gif i feel bad though....shes not a bad character.......shes just a side-charcter with too much fans to handle.

when naruto first came out i liked both sakura and hinata alot. actually when she confessed thats when i started to notice her fans and got annoyed by her.

sigh...i miss the good ol days when i didnt notice shippings........(..though im glad i did biggrin.gif its fun~)

I donot care. But i agree with you

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#57 SkiesEagle

SkiesEagle

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and reading fanfiction :P

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

While I like Hinata but when it come between her and Naruto. It doesn't seems like an connection. Sure I like those two but I only prefer as Naruto and Sakura because they both have familiar way how they so close to each other. smile.gif I read it in manga for five years and found those two can be match so who know they will end up? lol

I don't understand why so many NH fans like this a lot and I always wondering myself. Do Naruto really know Hinata that much? I don't think so. They like friend, period. I find surprise when Hinata told Naruto that she love him. I don't find any strong liking between those two.
Kweh!~
Chocobos
chocobo narusaku2

#58 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (Ashes @ May 4 2012, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I like Hinata but when it come between her and Naruto. It doesn't seems like an connection. Sure I like those two but I only prefer as Naruto and Sakura because they both have familiar way how they so close to each other. smile.gif I read it in manga for five years and found those two can be match so who know they will end up? lol

I don't understand why so many NH fans like this a lot and I always wondering myself. Do Naruto really know Hinata that much? I don't think so. They like friend, period. I find surprise when Hinata told Naruto that she love him. I don't find any strong liking between those two.

They like the "idea" of Hinata getting Naruto because they want Hinata happy. Simple as that.

#59 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ May 9 2012, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They like the "idea" of Hinata getting Naruto because they want Hinata happy. Simple as that.

I always wonder if Hinata were written as say Kiba/Neji/Shino/Lee/Shika's love interest, would she be as popular? Same story of a shy girl, but with a different guy. Would she have a lot of fans wishing her happiness with those characters? Or is a lot of her popularity based on going after the main character?

#60 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (Deej @ May 10 2012, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always wonder if Hinata were written as say Kiba/Neji/Shino/Lee/Shika's love interest, would she be as popular? Same story of a shy girl, but with a different guy. Would she have a lot of fans wishing her happiness with those characters? Or is a lot of her popularity based on going after the main character?

They'll probably still want Hinata happy with the person she loves. Another reason NaruHina is so massively popular is because a lot of them hate Sakura and don't think Naruto deserves to "get punched by a violent b*tch." She's not even that bad facepalm.png.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users