Close
Photo

So does Sakura still want to be in a relationship with Sasuke?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

#41 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:14 PM

I am and it does.

Raw=Viz media andtheir habit of writing whatever the kitten they want

You really missed the point of this chapter, nothing happened in this chapter that she already didn't go through with him before....she's not suddenly going to get over him....mostly because she already did get over him romantically some time ago.

No I don't really think so. 

Where in the manga does it show Sakura getting over Sasuke? If anything, throughout this entire war she's been thinking about his feelings towards her and team 7. And every time she does she's frowning.

That doesn't really seem like "getting over". Although I do believe that she has gotten over him, she still hasn't come into terms with this yet. After what Sasuke just did to her, she will. 

Also, I don't trust Viz Media whatsoever. I was referring to two fan translations I found that were compared to raw's text. 

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#42 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:19 AM

Since when was declaring your love for someone the same as asking to be with them? :mellow: the chapter was not going for SS, it was strangling what little life any thoughts of the pairing had left. All it points to is how will this will affect the situation when Naruto confesses to Sakura or Sakura confesses again to Naruto?

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 October 2014 - 12:20 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#43 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:10 PM

Since when was declaring your love for someone the same as asking to be with them? :mellow: the chapter was not going for SS, it was strangling what little life any thoughts of the pairing had left. All it points to is how will this will affect the situation when Naruto confesses to Sakura or Sakura confesses again to Naruto?

Rational wise- All this chapter did was revert all of the pairings to square 1 (minus NH). I don't see how Sakura could still want to be with him after this genjutsu, and if she does, and we get a bs explaining why, then I don't know how....that could possibly be redeemed. Ever. 

How will it affect the situation? Well Sakura's obviously going to have to tell Naruto how she really feels about Sasuke at this point. She's going to go through the "forgive but never forget" situation. She may hate him/be completely heartbroken once she wakes up, and then Naruto/Kakashi will have to persuade her not to have ill feelings for him. It'll be around that time Naruto confesses? Maybe too soon?

Honestly I think it'll probably happen off-screen.

Squad Roll call :

#44 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:20 PM

No I don't really think so. 

Where in the manga does it show Sakura getting over Sasuke? If anything, throughout this entire war she's been thinking about his feelings towards her and team 7. And every time she does she's frowning.

That doesn't really seem like "getting over". Although I do believe that she has gotten over him, she still hasn't come into terms with this yet. After what Sasuke just did to her, she will. 

Also, I don't trust Viz Media whatsoever. I was referring to two fan translations I found that were compared to raw's text. 

...Too bad? It does

LOI, she flat out chose Naruto over Sasuke

That logic makes no sense. getting knocked out by Sasuke didn't do anything to SS before there's no reason to assume this would either.

eh10ut.jpg

#45 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:51 AM

...Too bad? It does

LOI, she flat out chose Naruto over Sasuke

That logic makes no sense. getting knocked out by Sasuke didn't do anything to SS before there's no reason to assume this would either.

Considering chapter 693 your point still comes off as invalid. I mean there's really no running around it. Sakura told Sasuke that she still loves him. She may not pursue him anymore, but she still loves him.  

And yes, this is technically the first time Sasuke has abused Sakura both mentally and physically compared to the first confession, when he just knocked her out and left her on a bench. Second time, he actually tried to kill her, but Yamato got in the way. Sooo yeah, there's a high chance this will have an impact. 

I mean the manga is about to end soon, doesn't it seem illogical that this wouldn't have an impact on her? Even if she ends up being with Sasuke, what he just did is going to have to touch her emotionally.

Squad Roll call :

#46 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:03 AM

@Pix

I agree. I believe she's still coming to terms with her love for Sasuke.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#47 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:16 AM

No. Sakura just wants to save him. But she probably still thinks she loves him and has some sort of feelings for him which is still somewhat of a hindrance.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#48 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:49 AM

No. Sakura just wants to save him. But she probably still thinks she loves him and has some sort of feelings for him which is still somewhat of a hindrance.

Exactly. This is the point I was trying to make. She''s been questioning her feelings for him the entire war, and she hasn't realized her feelings for Naruto yet. She still thinks she's in love with Sasuke, even though Kakashi even saw that her feelings changed.

Squad Roll call :

#49 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:01 AM

Considering chapter 693 your point still comes off as invalid. I mean there's really no running around it. Sakura told Sasuke that she still loves him. She may not pursue him anymore, but she still loves him.  

And yes, this is technically the first time Sasuke has abused Sakura both mentally and physically compared to the first confession, when he just knocked her out and left her on a bench. Second time, he actually tried to kill her, but Yamato got in the way. Sooo yeah, there's a high chance this will have an impact. 

I mean the manga is about to end soon, doesn't it seem illogical that this wouldn't have an impact on her? Even if she ends up being with Sasuke, what he just did is going to have to touch her emotionally.

Agreed. Though I'll say that I think the Stimulus is there for her to get over him I don't think that the journey to the outcome of Sakura getting over Sasuke has even occurred yet. Before 693 you could argue that She may have been getting over him but that chapter basically reverted everything to step 1. Sakura still has romantic feelings for Sasuke. Naruto is still the third wheel. And Sasuke doesn't give a Sh#$% about anything other than his own dreams. Only difference is that Sakura may hav feelings for Naruto but that's still questionable and even then the vibe I got from Naruto during that chapter was that he was tired of Sakura confessing to Sasuke. Almost like he doesn't really care anymore.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#50 NarutoFan0304

NarutoFan0304

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:44 AM

Agreed. Though I'll say that I think the Stimulus is there for her to get over him I don't think that the journey to the outcome of Sakura getting over Sasuke has even occurred yet. Before 693 you could argue that She may have been getting over him but that chapter basically reverted everything to step 1. Sakura still has romantic feelings for Sasuke. Naruto is still the third wheel. And Sasuke doesn't give a Sh#$% about anything other than his own dreams. Only difference is that Sakura may hav feelings for Naruto but that's still questionable and even then the vibe I got from Naruto during that chapter was that he was tired of Sakura confessing to Sasuke. Almost like he doesn't really care anymore.

It was actually the opposite. The raw and Viz translation cleared everything up. MS and MP were wrong this time.
Naruto had no reason to be sad or upset during the chapter since she wasn't "confessing" to Sasuke. She was trying to do whatever she could to stop him from killing Naruto and taking over the world. She even mentioned how she wasn't strong enought to fight him, so that was all she could do. Kishi made it quite clear. The chapter basically went:
-Sakura says she loves Sasuke (using the same word Kakashi used a few chapters prior for Team 7).
-Sasuke takes it as romantic hence his response of "I have no reason to like her..."
-Kakashi corrects him saying "Sakura's not trying or wanting to make you hers! She only wants to save you!"
-Sasuke understands and thinks of his family.
-Hagoromo has a speech about family love.
The whole point of that chapter was to show that niether Sakura or Sasuke have any desire to be with each other, thus killing SS. Kishi even had Naruto bring up the POAL to set up for NS too. It wasn't a negative chapter for Naruto, Sakura, or NS in any way.

#51 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:07 AM

It was actually the opposite. The raw and Viz translation cleared everything up. MS and MP were wrong this time.
Naruto had no reason to be sad or upset during the chapter since she wasn't "confessing" to Sasuke. She was trying to do whatever she could to stop him from killing Naruto and taking over the world. She even mentioned how she wasn't strong enought to fight him, so that was all she could do. Kishi made it quite clear. The chapter basically went:
-Sakura says she loves Sasuke (using the same word Kakashi used a few chapters prior for Team 7).
-Sasuke takes it as romantic hence his response of "I have no reason to like her..."
-Kakashi corrects him saying "Sakura's not trying or wanting to make you hers! She only wants to save you!"
-Sasuke understands and thinks of his family.
-Hagoromo has a speech about family love.
The whole point of that chapter was to show that niether Sakura or Sasuke have any desire to be with each other, thus killing SS. Kishi even had Naruto bring up the POAL to set up for NS too. It wasn't a negative chapter for Naruto, Sakura, or NS in any way.

Then the SS fans bring up how when Sasuke was thinking about his family they say he was feeling some type of way about Sakura yeah right!

#52 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:25 AM

@Pix:

I've always believed ever since 675 Sakura just thought she loved Sasuke so her behavior in 693, in hindsight, shouldn't have surprised me so much. I'm sure Sakura was really hurt by what Sasuke did, but what she doesn't understand is that just feeling bad for someone and wanting to save a person isn't the true love. If anything, that's just ... comradeship and being a good person, just like Kakashi said in 675.

Sakura still seems naïve about love, as much as she's developed in Part 2. I don't think she even knows what it means yet. But when she realizes her true feelings for Naruto, then she'll finally have understanding.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 07 October 2014 - 04:26 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#53 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

"The Stimulus is there for her to get over him"- took the words right out of my mouth. 

I think it's toxic to think of Naruto as....the "third wheel". If we're right, and she's been getting over Sasuke all of this time, then she won't be falling back on Naruto because he's the "next best thing". Because it's not confirmed, my guess is that Sakura has been realizing that Naruto's way is the true way to peace, and that's what she's fallen for.  

And let's not forget: Naruto very well understands and knows that Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke. It's up to her to overcome them, and once she does, only then will Naruto realize that she's changed too. He does care, he's just used to her feelings for Sasuke.  

Everything is so ambiguous, isn't it? There's no wrong interpretation because everything fits, haha!

Squad Roll call :

#54 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:21 PM

She just wants to save him not be in a relationship with him.

#55 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:47 PM

@Pix:

I've always believed ever since 675 Sakura just thought she loved Sasuke so her behavior in 693, in hindsight, shouldn't have surprised me so much. I'm sure Sakura was really hurt by what Sasuke did, but what she doesn't understand is that just feeling bad for someone and wanting to save a person isn't the true love. If anything, that's just ... comradeship and being a good person, just like Kakashi said in 675.

Sakura still seems naïve about love, as much as she's developed in Part 2. I don't think she even knows what it means yet. But when she realizes her true feelings for Naruto, then she'll finally have understanding.

Agreed. And then comes that moment when we all realize that.... 

They're all sixteen. They're still learning. Of course Sakura hasn't completely matured yet, and neither has Naruto nor Sasuke. We're being too harsh when we judge them for having feelings they shouldn't have. They all need to understand that some of the actions that they've taken were unhealthy (especially Sasuke he still needs help).

Squad Roll call :

#56 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

I would love for Sakura to wake up from the genjustu and start to hate Sasuke lol

#57 Tengu Fox Uchiha

Tengu Fox Uchiha

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:16 PM

Well...

Nope, she would be completely insane if she did.

Sakura's love for Sasuke is that of a sister desperately trying to bring back her runaway drug addicted brother without knowing how.

A big confusion about her feelings is not taking into a account her kindness and character which twists the whole meaning of her positive determination into romantic devotion.

Case in point, Naruto loves Sakura because she never gives up and tries her hardest and this is best exemplified by how Sakura refuses to give up on Sasuke.

It's not that she loves him in the romantic sense, the reality is that Sakura is the kind of person who would willing give away her happiness and dedicate her entire life towards someone dear to her if that could save that person from darkness.

Naruto knows that Sakura would devote her entire life into taking care of Sasuke if that could save him even if she weren't happy about it.

This is the reason Naruto can't jump into a confession before he at least tries his hardest to save Sasuke too, because he is willing to dedicate his entire life to making both Sasuke and Sakura happy even at the cost of his own feelings.

I know it sounds confusing but the best way to understand WFT is going on is by looking at Sakura in part II before she meets with Sasuke again.

Sakura was open and confident with Naruto, it was clear that something deep was developing between then but once Sasuke showed up that changed. Why?

The reason she lost track is because, prior to meeting Sasuke, she was confident that her fighting abilities together with Naruto would be enough to bring him back.

Sakura was already over Sasuke in the romantic department from the onset of part II, what happened after seeing Sasuke again wasn't a romantic reaction, it was the crushing realization that his power was far beyond her grasp and she couldn't do anything physically to help him.

She felt the same horrible pain that she had when Sasuke left her and she could do nothing and that only worsened as Sasuke became stronger and more ruthless as the series progressed.

What could she do now? She couldn't keep her part of the promise because Sasuke and Naruto got so far ahead so quickly that all she was left with were emotional bonds she could try to use to bring Sasuke back.

This is why she made such a pathetic commotion by her own admission, because Sasuke had basically become a god now, all she could do was appeal to his feelings which he obviously didn't reciprocate.

That was how she reaffirmed her determination to save Sasuke, even at that point, if that could change his mind, she was still willing to spent her entire life caring for him if that could bring him back.

This is were it all comes crashing down on SasuSaku, the only reason Sakura is trying to be with Sasuke is because she can only offer herself in exchange for his return whereas he has never had any interest in that.

If Sasuke were to return, Sakura would no longer be bond to her own promise of saving him, she wouldn't have to spent her entire life with him just to make sure he doesn't go down the dark path. She would be free to enjoy life for herself and Naruto would be there for her like he has always been.

Once both Sakura and Naruto no longer have to run after the emokage, there will be nothing preventing Sakura from growing closer to the man who loves and cares for her the most and this is where I think NS wins hands down.

#58 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:22 PM

uh.... no. you're point is the one that comes off as invalid considering its directly contradicted by statements made from two different chapters. Aside from that you can't love someone romantically if you have no interest in them romantically. That would be like being hungry for burgers without being interested in eating any burgers.

No it wouldn't....He tried to kill her several time sin the past including choking her, trying to slash her face, rip her skull open and stab her with his sword....this really won't make any difference at all.

eh10ut.jpg

#59 abloublou

abloublou

NH SS SK hater. You're doing it wrong Kishi.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:55 PM

Does she still want a relationship with Sasuke.

No.

Does she still have affection for him ?

Yes.

Does she still romantically love him ?

maybe. But she can still love Naruto too. :hm:

#60 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

uh.... no. you're point is the one that comes off as invalid considering its directly contradicted by statements made from two different chapters. Aside from that you can't love someone romantically if you have no interest in them romantically. That would be like being hungry for burgers without being interested in eating any burgers.

No it wouldn't....He tried to kill her several time sin the past including choking her, trying to slash her face, rip her skull open and stab her with his sword....this really won't make any difference at all.

Sorry for replying to this late. But I'm going to have to agree to disagree. 

Really, look at the chapter for what it is. She says she still loves him. It is used in a romantic manner. No matter how many times I say this, it's up to you to see it. She doesn't want a relationship with him anymore, no, but she still has love for him. 

We all know and agree that Sasuke does not like her back. At all. But Sakura still likes him. Romantically. Re-read the chapter and see for yourself, I guess. But Sakura still likes him. She just...does. And there's nothing we can do about it but either ignore that factor, or continue to see what happens next.  

Only time will tell?

Squad Roll call :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users