86 replies to this topic

#41 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

Nice vids Kodachi Claws, thanks for posting.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#42 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:09 PM

The idea of humans destroying the planet is like giving people way too much credit. This planet has had a longer history, a small thing like pollution will only harm the human race, not destroy a planet who has gotten hit by more meteorites, gone through more Earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions, as well as pole shifts and continent splitting. And on the healthcare thing...people if you actually believe that there is such a thing as free healthcare, then you need to go see a doctor, because healtcare is not free, if healthcare was free then no one would want too work in the medical dept. If the govt is paying it, it is paying it with taxes, either actual taxes, debt, or hidden taxation by printing the dollar from out of nowhere, leading to its inflation, leading to higher prices in everything.

You want to know why things are so expensive, its because of inflation, inflation brings the purchasing power of the dollar down, this happens when the only way for a country to live beyond its means would be to monetize its currency, thus essentially printing it, making the money worthless, thus driving prices up. Its not just healthcare prices that have gone up, its everything. Gas, food, clothing, almost everything. Even the post office is more expensive right now.

Look at Zimbabwe, and you see a connection...printing money from out of thin air, to pay IMF debt.

Edited by Strangelove, 23 April 2010 - 10:31 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#43 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Apr 23 2010, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The idea of humans destroying the planet is like giving people way too much credit. This planet has had a longer history, a small thing like pollution will only harm the human race, not destroy a planet who has gotten hit by more meteorites, gone through more Earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions, as well as pole shifts and continent splitting. And on the healthcare thing...people if you actually believe that there is such a thing as free healthcare, then you need to go see a doctor, because healtcare is not free, if healthcare was free then no one would want too work in the medical dept. If the govt is paying it, it is paying it with taxes, either actual taxes, debt, or hidden taxation by printing the dollar from out of nowhere, leading to its inflation, leading to higher prices in everything.

You want to know why things are so expensive, its because of inflation, inflation brings the purchasing power of the dollar down, this happens when the only way for a country to live beyond its means would be to monetize its currency, thus essentially printing it, making the money worthless, thus driving prices up. Its not just healthcare prices that have gone up, its everything. Gas, food, clothing, almost everything. Even the post office is more expensive right now.

Look at Zimbabwe, and you see a connection...printing money from out of thin air, to pay IMF debt.

Giving people too much credit? Have you even seen the planet now-at-days? Sure, we're not as loud and epic as a meteorite, but that in no way diminishes the amount of damage we're doing. People always laugh and say 'Who cares? Species go extinct all the time!', what if we accidentally release a pathogen into goat-feed and we kill all of the goats in the world. Or maybe cows, or maybe Canibus. You know, the important things in life. We're left without meat and the good stuff. So, what now? Do we just rub that off, or do we continue depopulating the oceans, since we just dropped the ball on the whole meat thing? Yes? Okay, so we eat all the fish left down to the last Clown Fish looking for it's dad. Now what? Eat all the pigs? What if the pathogen went after it as well? What now? Are you expecting us to feed on Vegetables for the rest of our lives? What about the repercussions of that? Meat makes up a valuable part of our diet, and if we lose meat to some bone-headed move we do, where's the 'money' then?

It's arrogant to believe we're not doing any damage, and are not capable of doing any damage. If you want to know a little bit of damage we can do, I advise you to go to the Pacific and ask those who suffered and died from radiation poisoning because of human-found nuclear capabilities that led to the slaughter of two cities and the torture of several islands, how much of a threat they think the earth is to them compared to vice-versa, today.

Just a suggestion; you're probably too busy to go anyways. I understand, it's nice and safe here in our homes, right? We can spout anything we want. Watch:

Flarble-glarble Mukkus-meowmix.

See what I did there? I'd never say that in real-life, 'cause it's just plain illogical. What's a Flarble, and how is it connected to the Glarble? What in the world is a Mukkus, and where does the Meowmix come in to all of this? It's quite confiding and easy to say anything on the Internet and expect not to back it up, or to simply copy and paste a link from a site or article with people who have literally no idea what they're talking about, and are simply planted to spout anything they want to encourage an agenda. It happens all the time, everywhere you see, at any time at all. Just recently, it was revealed an oil-company was paying think-tanks to counteract the effective truths of the Global Warming groups as well as environmentalists, trying to confuse and divide the public. Now, if Global Warming is such Hocus Pocus, why does almost every scientist in the entire world of legitimate science agree Global Warming is real? Is it just to brush it off and expect it to go away? Does anyone here think that so many people, working so hard everyday, are just all collectively bought out by some sort of shadow-dagger group that just wants to run the world down by making it more environmentally efficient? That's like Skelletor trying to buy a kitten to destroy He-Man by giving it to him, free of charge and no evil inside; it's just... weird to call that destroying him.

This isn't really directed at you per-say Strangelove; I started off with responding to you, but it evolved into this from a Charmander.

#44 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

Giving people too much credit? Have you even seen the planet now-at-days? Sure, we're not as loud and epic as a meteorite, but that in no way diminishes the amount of damage we're doing. People always laugh and say 'Who cares? Species go extinct all the time!', what if we accidentally release a pathogen into goat-feed and we kill all of the goats in the world. Or maybe cows, or maybe Canibus. You know, the important things in life. We're left without meat and the good stuff. So, what now? Do we just rub that off, or do we continue depopulating the oceans, since we just dropped the ball on the whole meat thing? Yes? Okay, so we eat all the fish left down to the last Clown Fish looking for it's dad. Now what? Eat all the pigs? What if the pathogen went after it as well? What now? Are you expecting us to feed on Vegetables for the rest of our lives? What about the repercussions of that? Meat makes up a valuable part of our diet, and if we lose meat to some bone-headed move we do, where's the 'money' then?

Your speaking in science fiction...what if we build a lunar colony and accidentally explode it? Based on your logic, we cannot have scientific research, or scientific experimentation because it might accidentally release a virus with nuclear powers...

and about extinction...read on Natural selection, or evolution, unless your a creationist, then we have absolutely nothing to discuss.

Edited by Strangelove, 23 April 2010 - 11:33 PM.

#45 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 23 2010, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've been stepping on other members shoes and now your starting to get on mine.

Your really smart aren't you, do you honestly expect people to have the money to go out and buy a $40,000 electric car/or hybrid when people are losing jobs. It would take at least 30 years projected to even get the technology mass produced and distributed. You know how long it will take all the gas stations in America to have electric and hydrogen stations available? A very long time. wink.gif Here's a simple solution why not continue to do them both, drill for more oil to keep the economy from being too unstabilize while the same time mass funding programs to get electric/hydrogen technology cheap and mass produced to replace oil down the road. You can't just drop one thing and move on to something else.

America is wide spread out compared to Japan meaning America is a country that can only afford to run on cheap gas. I happen to own a 4wd pickup truck and love it because I can haul/tow and carry my family with me and yes I do use it. It also offers good safety protection with a steel frame and air bags compared to a unibody cars that relies souly on air bags to keep the passenger from being killed.

Guess what fast food restaurants are spreading all over the world. It's not just America getting fat it's the "whole world". I saw a Godzilla burger advertised in Japan the other day with six patties on it. It comes down to one's lifestyle, if they enjoy eating a lot and it makes them happy then so be it. Poking at them with a stick isn't going to stop them. wink.gif

The band aid comment you made makes no sense, the problem is too many people are going to the emergency room and getting free health care while the one's who do have insurance aren't getting the same good care while paying more.

Now your really stepping on my shoes, no one has the right to say if God exist or not. Yes, I believe in my heart and soul that god, christ, and heaven does exist but if you don't believe then don't talk about it or better yet don't say anything like Shauna said.

On a side note I do find it amusing how scientist continue to live inside their dimensional boxes and come up with crazy theories for everything in existence especially the "universe".

The point is everything that is new is expensive , the volt is the first of its kind but it's like laptops they used to all be $900 but now because of the competition you can get one for $300. The prius is only $20,000 and still gets great mpg sure you don't have to stop running on gas compleatly but it cannot be depended on for much longer like it is now. How long would it take for all the gas stations to switch from gas to hydrogen and electric? Not long at all if they made it a priority matter I the "gas fairy" came down and took it all away tomarrow by the next day you would wake up and it would all be changed because its all about profit to them.

No Japan is 1864 miles long and has a train system that runs from one side to the other. America is 2860 miles wide the problem is we have horrible transportation setups for the public. To go from one city to another we are foced to use more gas because we have to drive or take a plane. There are railways for commercial use that go across the united states already to add to it for personal use would not be hard at all.

You think people are getting fat because of fast food places? You really undermind the major problem on alot of things , the problem is not that some place has a burger with 55 patties its that we go there every day and eat 4 times what other people do. The size of the soda's we drink are insane compared to other country's even the sizes of cans we have are much bigger then in Japan , you know the large can of soda is the same price as the small one in Japan? It's because less people get the big can because they know it makes them fat. People there consider there health more then we do.

The thing is my mom has ok insurance she has her bill for everything that was sent to the insurance company and they billed $25 a band aid. I agree people are getting free health care but if you want to change that you have to require people have and pay into a policy but when that was brought up people were like NOO THATS BAD!!! .

No thats where you're wrong people have the right to say whatever they want , that is freedom of speech my friend , but you are stepping on science to admit you believe in it then to still believe in God. You believe in you're "heart and soul" that god exist , that is FAITH. Faith holds no evidence or truth behind it , faith says "I choose to believe in this no matter what!!" I can have faith it's going to rain tomarrow , but if the clouds are not there it's just not going to happen no matter how much faith I have.

also , I assume you are talking about the big bang? I also assume you know it has been scientifically PROVEN that the universe is expanding outward. The only conclusion you can come to is that something that is breaking apart and moving away was once closer together. Take you're hands put them together and rub them until they become warm , you saw it and the proof is there and that is science and science is nothing more then evidence. Just because you're hands got warm you cannot say you have faith that god pee'd on your hands in order to warm them up.

#46 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ Apr 23 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Show me, because I never recall him saying that. Simply show me the link where you got the info or show me a youtube video where he says that, THEN I will concede to your point.

The carbon taxes was apart of the "Cap and Trade" plan. The refineries were going to shut-down their smaller refineries to cut back on paying such a high carbon taxes. Luckily it never got passed.

If i still can't elaborate then just talk to Nate River, he knows more about it than me and everything else in political matters.

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 23 2010, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm...wha...so the 'universe' is a crazy theory now? huh.gif

Come on now Shauna, the "scientific theoretical process" having a theory as a solution or explanation to a certain existence or event. tongue.gif

Yoshi's right not even the scientific community can explain the epic Christopher Walkins existence. biggrin.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 24 April 2010 - 12:12 AM.

#47 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Apr 23 2010, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Without even arguing the legitimacy of Global Warming/Climate Change, you can not dispute that human activity has some effect on our environment.

It is true the the planet has been around much longer than we have, and it will last longer than we will be around most probably. The idea that global warming is bad isn't because scientists think that the planet will die, but that it will no longer be hospitable for all the species found on it today, including humans.

You can see the evidence of this by just looking at one small ecosystem, take for example the great coral reef of Australia or the reefs in Hawaii. Due to tourists, fisherman, and litter the plant life of the reefs start to wither and die. This leads to plankton or whatever small things that fish eat moving away from the reef or dieing out all together. Then the fish will leave or starve, then the predators that eat the fish will also leave to find food elsewhere. One thing leads to another, and it is not impossible for global warming to cause a worldwide cascade such as this. I've personally seen how tourists affected the coral reefs off Maui, and how it was once beautiful but is now pathetic and desolate compared to what it once was.

To say that a "small thing like polution will only harm the human race" is... I don't even know how to describe a statement like that. You've never heard of birds and fish dieing in an oil spill? Sea life getting caught in plastic 6-pack wrappings? Wild animals losing their habitats to land fills and deforestation?

Edited by Nee-sama, 24 April 2010 - 02:38 AM.

#48 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Apr 24 2010, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Without even arguing the legitimacy of Global Warming/Climate Change, you can not dispute that human activity has some effect on our environment.

It is true the the planet has been around much longer than we have, and it will last longer than we will be around most probably. The idea that global warming is bad isn't because scientists think that the planet will die, but that it will no longer be hospitable for all the species found on it today, including humans.

You can see the evidence of this by just looking at one small ecosystem, take for example the great coral reef of Australia or the reefs in Hawaii. Due to tourists, fisherman, and litter the plant life of the reefs start to wither and die. This leads to plankton or whatever small things that fish eat moving away from the reef or dieing out all together. Then the fish will leave or starve, then the predators that eat the fish will also leave to find food elsewhere. One thing leads to another, and it is not impossible for global warming to cause a worldwide cascade such as this. I've personally seen how tourists affected the coral reefs off Maui, and how it was once beautiful but is now pathetic and desolate compared to what it once was.

Again, Natural selection...humans are part of it...like every other species on the planet. People have been helping the planet clean up species ever since its beginning, like how we drove the mammoth to extinction...and how we almost drove the Wolf into extinction as well. That was way before people started polluting the planet, and i guess that were forgetting a fact of nature, the strong survive and the weaklings shall perish.

It is cruel i know, but that's nature, that's our planet.

Edited by Strangelove, 24 April 2010 - 02:38 AM.

#49 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 23 2010, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yoshi's right not even the scientific community can explain the epic Christopher Walkins existence. biggrin.gif

I, dunno what... you're talkin' about, about me having long.......... pauses! -Throws up hands.- I'm sorry, I just need some pie!

#50 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Apr 23 2010, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again, Natural selection...humans are part of it...like every other species on the planet. People have been helping the planet clean up species ever since its beginning, like how we drove the mammoth to extinction...and how we almost drove the Wolf into extinction as well. That was way before people started polluting the planet, and i guess that were forgetting a fact of nature, the strong survive and the weaklings shall perish.

This is not an example of Natural Selection, go ask your teachers. You know very well that just as a few people are helping endangered species, there are many more still polluting and killing.

#51 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Apr 24 2010, 02:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is not an example of Natural Selection, go ask your teachers. You know very well that just as a few people are helping endangered species, there are many more still polluting and killing.

everyone pollutes and kills, when you walk to the supermarket to buy groceries you pollute and kill, when you use money made out of paper you pollute and kill, when your in the computer, using electricity you pollute and kill...even when you recycle you pollute and kill, because recycling is an industrial process, and the only way of making things better is by buying carbon credits from Al Gore...a guy whose house uses 20 times more energy than the average American household...and that's a lot of CO2

http://www.thedailyg...-house-47062202

#52 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Apr 24 2010, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Err... so now we're saying that if living species goes extinct, its all just because of Nature Selection where the strong dominate the weaker and it all work out? Then I have to ask this: Does that means a mass murderer or serial killer simply act in the rule of nature selection then? afterall, they simply answer the call of nature to dominate and destroy those who are weaker. Does being stronger justify us to destroy everything weaker?

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#53 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (Prime @ Apr 23 2010, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How long would it take for all the gas stations to switch from gas to hydrogen and electric? Not long at all if they made it a priority matter I the "gas fairy" came down and took it all away tomarrow by the next day you would wake up and it would all be changed because its all about profit to them.

I'm clearly talking to a 5 year old. facepalm.png

No Japan is 1864 miles long and has a train system that runs from one side to the other. America is 2860 miles wide the problem is we have horrible transportation setups for the public. To go from one city to another we are foced to use more gas because we have to drive or take a plane. There are railways for commercial use that go across the united states already to add to it for personal use would not be hard at all.

Can't deny that we need high speed rail but you still missed my point on all american cities are more spread out compared to Japan's.

You think people are getting fat because of fast food places? You really undermind the major problem on alot of things , the problem is not that some place has a burger with 55 patties its that we go there every day and eat 4 times what other people do. The size of the soda's we drink are insane compared to other country's even the sizes of cans we have are much bigger then in Japan , you know the large can of soda is the same price as the small one in Japan? It's because less people get the big can because they know it makes them fat. People there consider there health more then we do.

So it goes from the food to the drinks now, like i said before if people enjoy eating a lot then that's their life. Fast food is a big culprit in the world getting fat, and yes their has already been proven facts on people from other countries getting bigger to due to the rise of the fast food chains.

The thing is my mom has ok insurance she has her bill for everything that was sent to the insurance company and they billed $25 a band aid. I agree people are getting free health care but if you want to change that you have to require people have and pay into a policy but when that was brought up people were like NOO THATS BAD!!! .

Why would she even go to the emergency room if she had only needed a single band-aid on her wound in the first place unless she had stitches too. Every time you visit the emergency room it's expensive regardless of how minor it may be. facepalm.png

No thats where you're wrong people have the right to say whatever they want , that is freedom of speech my friend , but you are stepping on science to admit you believe in it then to still believe in God. You believe in you're "heart and soul" that god exist , that is FAITH. Faith holds no evidence or truth behind it , faith says "I choose to believe in this no matter what!!" I can have faith it's going to rain tomarrow , but if the clouds are not there it's just not going to happen no matter how much faith I have.

If I'm wrong then your saying Shauna is wrong too, who's a admin. wink.gif

No I didn't step on science to believe in God all I did was talk about the crazy theories scientist came up with that has no relation to Christianity or other religions what so ever. Yes, I do have faith in God and Christ. I don't need evidence or proof, i believe it in my heart and soul and know they exist "faith". I know where I'm going if I die, but what about you? Have you given that some thought? Does it not bother you that you don't believe in a safe haven if you die?

Majority of the people around the world believe in some form of religious faith that should tell you something. facepalm.png

also , I assume you are talking about the big bang? I also assume you know it has been scientifically PROVEN that the universe is expanding outward. The only conclusion you can come to is that something that is breaking apart and moving away was once closer together.

How can the Universe be calculated (expanding outward) when it was already stated by the same group who said the universe was "infinite". (something that has to be calculated has to have a starting and ending point) facepalm.png If it was also expanding then the earth's gravitational pull and everything else would become out of line.

Take you're hands put them together and rub them until they become warm , you saw it and the proof is there and that is science and science is nothing more then evidence. Just because you're hands got warm you cannot say you have faith that god pee'd on your hands in order to warm them up.

Hey, thanks for making fun of my religion and other members belief on this site. The only thing I have to say is I hope nothing bad happens to ya, kudo's.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 24 April 2010 - 03:45 AM.

#54 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Apr 23 2010, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
everyone pollutes and kills, when you walk to the supermarket to buy groceries you pollute and kill, when you use money made out of paper you pollute and kill, when your in the computer, using electricity you pollute and kill...even when you recycle you pollute and kill, because recycling is an industrial process, and the only way of making things better is by buying carbon credits from Al Gore...a guy whose house uses 20 times more energy than the average American household...and that's a lot of CO2

http://www.thedailyg...-house-47062202

I would appreciate it if you could take the time to read what I say and consider what it means instead of branching off into unrelated crap that somehow justifies your arrogant opinions. I can tell you've grown into the common misconception that humans are superior to everything else, and that we are allowed to take and give nothing back, without being responsible for our actions. I hope someday someone can expand your mind. Que someone to come in here and tell everyone to calm down, so I wont say anything more.

#55 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 23 2010, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Majority of the people around the world believe in some form of religious faith that should tell you something. facepalm.png

Just because most people believe in something doesn't make it true. The world is not flat!

Of course, I'm not saying it's not true either. People are free to believe (or not believe) in whatever they want.

Anyways, religion is totally not what this topic is about. Should probably keep it out cause it never ends well.

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 23 2010, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How can the Universe be calculated (expanding outward) when it was already stated by the same group who said the universe was "infinite". (something that has to be calculated has to have a starting and ending point) facepalm.png If it was also expanding then the earth's gravitational pull and everything else would become out of line.

There is no scientist out there that will tell you that the universe is inifinite. There is no scientist that will tell you that the universe is finite. There is no scientist that will tell you that the universe is expanding. Etc.

Why? Because it's all theories at this point. There is nothing concrete about the size or shape of the universe and no real scientist will tell you that they know everything about the universe. People on the other hand...

But that doesn't mean that the theories hold no ground. They just haven't been proven.

The current most popular theory is the Big Bang Theory, which states that the universe is finite and expanding. It's the most popular at this point, because there's nothing to really prove it wrong. So no, the earth's gravitational pull would not "become out of line". Measurements are indicating that the universe is actually expanding.

This topic makes me smile.
Pretty bored.

#56 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:07 AM

@Uzumakikage

It's not that you talk to a 5 year old it's that you go into a debate without an open mind. People do this thing where they say "we cant do that!!" when we can. America can do SO much that we do not do simply because we have people saying we cannot do it , like I said if we ran out of options we WOULD do it and eventually we will run out if we do not stop consuming the amount we do.

They are more only because the United States is wider. If Japan can build a railway to travel that distance the United States can one up them and do better and connect the major city's here.

What does going from food to drinks matter? It's all a consumption and on average Americans consume more then anyone else. Listen I don't care if you live across from a KFC you work at taco bell and Mcdonalds is coming in next week , it has to do with the culture of people and the lifestyle they live , Colorado is the best most healthy state to live in you think they don't have KFC there? It's because people are more active there and limit what they consume.

I never said my mom only went for a wound she had a major surgery but they still use band aids and count everyone they use and how much they cost. You think it's ok for the emergency room room over charge like that when I could of drove 2 blocks down the street and got 10 boxes for the same price? That is why insurance is so high you have a co pay and you pay in to be paid back , but when these hospitals jack up the prices so much so does your premium that is why people that are unhealthy have been dropped , that is why people that smoke cost more.\

I'm saying I have the right to say whatever I want by law , sure some one has the right to remove my comments or ban me. But I'm not flaming you I'm simply debating with you. Also you understand what a theory is correct? A theory just says hey I'm not 100% sure but I have facts to show as to why it's possible. No theory is crazy because it has to be based upon fact and if it not based upon fact then it simply has to be FAITH. If you do not need any evidence then what is any different then believing in the Easter Bunny? No see you like to think that you know where you are going when you die , have I ever thought about where I'm going? No because I'm going in the ground just like you. I don't care about a safe heaven I live my life to live it I don't live to die. I do not need the idea that if my life sucks or I just do ok that I'm going to a better place because that is nothing more then a crutch for life. Because people believe in faith that tells you something? LOL? As someone else already said the world was thought to be flat but it was not.

The universe was said to be infinite simply because we cannot measure it , we do not have the technology at this point to do so but it has been proven that it is expanding.

I'm not making fun of the religion I'm simply pointing out that just because you do not understand something you cannot come up with an idea and claim it to be true without evidence, but you're right religion is not laughing matter millions upon millions of people have been killed in the name of a God. Catholic Priest rape children , Terrorist flew a plane into the twin towers in the name of a God.

#57 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:26 AM

Don't you dare compare my religion "christianity" to some genocidal maniacs group who weren't even following the correct teachings of the muslim bible.

I think you need to seriously drop this argument especially flaming on religion and go about our ways.

#58 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 24 2010, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't you dare compare my religion "christianity" to some genocidal maniacs group who weren't even following the correct teachings of the muslim bible.

I think you need to seriously drop this argument especially flaming on religion and go about our ways.

If I was flaming I'd be saying something not true just to get at you. I used them examples just to use them if you would rather talk about the genocide "your' religion has caused would you rather talking about the Crusades? I'm sure you know about that? You must understand that what is going on with the Islamic faith now is the same your religion did years and years ago.

Edited by Prime, 24 April 2010 - 06:37 AM.

#59 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (Prime @ Apr 24 2010, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I was flaming I'd be saying something not true just to get at you. I used them examples just to use them if you would rather talk about the genocide "your' religion has caused would you rather talking about the Crusades? I'm sure you know about that? You must understand that what is going on with the Islamic faith now is the same your religion did years and years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

No genocide, if you want to read it yourself. Read carefully and you'll see the original crusaders fought to regain control over Jearuslim from the Muslims but later on some of the crusade groups got ran by European mobsters that attacked the Christians, Jews, and, Churches in villages. So you can't blame the all of the crusaders.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 24 April 2010 - 07:17 AM.

#60 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 24 2010, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

No genocide, if you want to read it yourself. Read carefully and you'll see the original crusaders fought to regain control over Jearuslim from the Muslims but later on some of the crusade groups got ran by European mobsters that attacked the Christians, Jews, and, Churches in villages. So you can't blame the all of the crusaders.

You're right it's not just Christians it's religion as a whole. But the genocide is very real they were killing people simply because they were not Christian if that's not genocide I don't know what is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users