Close
Photo

Do you think that NS still has a chance?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:50 AM

I think the terrible handling of the Hinata pairing, and the absolute lack of any development of any other character, in the manga or movie, will do the opposite for her character in the future.

Instead of being a secondary character that came into her own, she will always be the secondary character that hijacked the ending. 

I think it will cement NS as the pairing that was supposed to be, but was killed by the marketing/editors/animators in favor of more money.

If anything, it will shine a spotlight on NS as what was supposed to have happened in the manga. Not a lost pairing, not a crack pairing, but the single most developed OTP of the series. And only the farce of an ending stopped it from happening.

#42 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:51 AM

I know for certain that this movie will prove that Hinata was and will always be a silver medal.

No, that's the problem. That movie make Hinata seem like a gold medal since that movie's making Naruto's feelings for Sakura look like they never existed in the first place. It makes his feelings for Sakura look like it was not love since the beginning, so no in the movie Hinata's not a silver medal because she's his real love. Sad but true. Though, we NS fans will always know it's false. That movie is not Naruto, it's just some shojo movie tha has nothing to do with the shonen we've been readin for years.

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#43 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:53 AM

No, that's the problem. That movie make Hinata seem like a gold medal since that movie's making Naruto's feelings for Sakura look like they never existed in the first place. It makes his feelings for Sakura look like it was not love since the beginning, so no in the movie Hinata's not a silver medal because she's his real love. Sad but true. Though, we NS fans will always know it's false. That movie is not Naruto, it's just some shojo movie tha has nothing to do with the shonen we've been readin for years.

Hmm yeah I know they'll try to make her look like that, but I just meant in my book she always will be.

#44 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:13 AM

Actually, I think the opposite will happen. The movie will only ever look like a desperate ploy to lead readers away from the author's original intent. 698 chapters will never be overwritten by a movie and a silly 15-page book. And their desperation in selling NH to the fans only reinforces that they know it too.

Even in the last scene in the manga with Naruto and Sakura together, Kishimoto references their hug at the end of the Pain arc. Sakura says something to the effect of he's still always rushing in, and this time it's flipped so that Naruto says "Thank you, Sakura-chan." Not only is this Naruto-code for 'I love you,' but out of all the scenes in the manga, all the things he could have said or connections with Sakura he could have made, he references that one. In the manga, it is the only time we see Naruto's response to affection, and he's making it a direct correlation to Sakura's public display of affection for Naruto. Sakura's hug was also apparently the point that the manga was supposed to have ended before. So Kishimoto connecting the dots between two is significant.

I'm not making excuses for him and his lousy choices (like the way women have been portrayed), but if can't be overlooked that Naruto's last words, as the Naruto we all knew and loved, were for Sakura.

My honest opinion is that Kishimoto wanted the manga to go one direction and the powers over him wanted the Naruto brand to go another. And in the end he had to go the way of his contract. 

But I think the last scene with Sakura, and the vague handling of the pairings lets readers see the author's intent, then choose the ending they would like. And even though he standing up there with the red-scarf noose around his neck, I think he knows that whatever comes after - the movie, the promotional materials, the new series, etc. - is built on a separate foundation.

#45 JeremyJay22

JeremyJay22

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:52 AM

I sadly don't think there's much of a chance left :(

#46 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:26 AM

I still have hope! Not giving up! And yes there is a chance of them becoming canon! NS is just great and beautiful! XD

Edited by milan kyuubi, 26 November 2014 - 07:26 AM.

Yp330yZ.gif

#47 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:03 AM

I still have hope! Not giving up! And yes there is a chance of them becoming canon! NS is just great and beautiful! XD

It is great and beautiful. But how to make it canon? After all of this.

#48 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:26 AM

It is great and beautiful. But how to make it canon? After all of this.

Many ways! If Kishi can make 700! Then he sure as hell can use simple logic to make logical pair happen!

Yp330yZ.gif

#49 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:03 AM

Many ways! If Kishi can make 700! Then he sure as hell can use simple logic to make logical pair happen!

But he doesn't use logic and he will not rewrite anything.
This mangaka kill NS in our face. And he will do anything to justify his ending pairing.

#50 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:18 AM

He already retconed & abandoned so many things that I won't be shocked if he again shows NH divorce, Sasuke death & NS happen :twitch:

#51 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:20 AM

He already retconed & abandoned so many things that I won't be shocked if he again shows NH divorce, Sasuke death & NS happen :twitch:

He wil not do it because he already pass it.
He give up with this work.

#52 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:23 AM

He wil not do it because he already pass it.
He give up with this work

I know
..just acting crazy

Anyways, idc anymore

#53 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:25 AM

I know
..just acting crazy

Anyways, idc anymore

No problem. I already drop this franchise.
This ending is more bad than shaman king which I got dissapoint.

#54 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:26 AM

Nope
0 hope, its over
NS will live forever in the true naruto ending tho, not this travesty

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#55 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:02 PM

Eh, no. My faith in Kishimoto is less than zero and I don't think for a moment that the movie's going to turn out to be some huge troll and NaruSaku is suddenly validated. I just don't see such a thing happening. I'll still ship NS as a fanon pairing, but NH and SS are, unfortunately, canon and the movie is not very likely to change that. But, you know, just my opinion.

#56 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:30 PM

Eh, no. My faith in Kishimoto is less than zero and I don't think for a moment that the movie's going to turn out to be some huge troll and NaruSaku is suddenly validated. I just don't see such a thing happening. I'll still ship NS as a fanon pairing, but NH and SS are, unfortunately, canon and the movie is not very likely to change that. But, you know, just my opinion.

Yet sadly, it has more feels than these two as of now. I have never seen this much fanon pairing outshine canon pairing.

#57 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:52 PM

1000 percent NS Gone be canon. No doubt about it.

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 26 November 2014 - 11:53 PM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#58 SuperChief

SuperChief

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:30 AM

Not a chance, but at this point, I don't care anymore. Naruto ended on 698 for me. Open ended.

In my mind Naruto confessed to Sakura, she returned those feelings in earnest, they got together and started dating, grew older, Naruto became Hokage, Sakura carried on Tsunade's legacy of teaching medical ninjutsu, they married, had kids, the end.

#59 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:44 AM

Nope. Zero. Zip. Nada. Kishimoto himself hates it.
Only in reboots past moments and headcanons can NS live on.

#60 XJohnnyApprovesNarskuX

XJohnnyApprovesNarskuX

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, LuNa, NaLu, IchiRuki, Video games, Anime, Manga, Wrestling,Poetry, writing

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:30 AM

Is there a small glimmer of hope left in me? Maybe. But that is only because of all of you guys here that, time and time again, have shown a deep love and understanding for Naruto and Sakura. I wouldn't be a NS fan if it wasn't for this site, and its many contributors. Without it I'd probably still like NH.

I was like that too, I doubted an for a fee days my hope wavered but, as I thought about it more an more I realized the last two chaps didnt add up. Kurama was asleep that tells me the ending wasnt real. An now their poster coming out on dec 6th that leaves me more hopeful that narusaku has a major chance to happen

hqdefault.jpg

NaruSaku is heaven and earth without one there'd never be the other

narusakuFTW LuffyXNami

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users