• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

Sakura's love for Sasuke makes no sense. It's not because Sasuke's a jerk. That's not why it doesn't make sense because he wasn't always mean to her. It doesn't make sense because of Sasuke's indifference to everything she did. He treated her more indifferently usually and I don't get how that spurns such intense love. If someone shows you no special attention, then why do you like them so much?

We don't have a reason for Sakura's love for Sasuke and I'd be really amazed to see Kishi find a way to justify it. I'm literally at the point that when I re-watch and re-read Part I, I over-analyze every SS moment over and over to see if there is something that explains SS. I still have nothing and the closest I've came to any believable explanation is that Sasuke saved Sakura's life three times when Naruto only saved her once; Sakura was awake for two of those Sasuke saves while with Naruto she was unconscious. Technically considered a shallow reason, but that's all I got.

Naruto's feelings make sense. I don't base it off shallow reasons, I base it off development and all the time he spent with her on Team 7. That's how I see Naruto's love for Sakura. It wasn't instantly genuine or selfless or totally unconditional, it took some time for him to mature and really see her. I think that by the time Sakura nearly died by Gaara, that's when Naruto realized he loved her or at the very least realized what he had wasn't just a crush. The change he had after that (going through more extreme efforts to cheer her up, make her happy, his pain at SS, selflessness, etc.)  kinda implies it.

I wouldn't call Sakura's love for Sasuke not genuine. I don't believe she loved him based on his coolness or his looks. All her Sasuke angst wouldn't make sense that way. 

I think Sakura's biggest weakness when it comes to love is when she sees guys have torment and baggage from a past they try to cover up either by pushing her away or hiding it entirely. When they do that, it makes Sakura sentimental to the point she would do anything she could to help. To "fix" them. Maybe that's what led her to fall in love with Sasuke with all his avenger/Curse mark drama and I think the same factor followed her when she witnessed Naruto's struggles in Part II. Naruto and Sasuke are very different, but they both have bad pasts and isolate themselves from others. (Naruto in the sense he tries to do everything so his loved ones don't get hurt or know he's sad).

However, Sakura's sympathy and urge to "fix" Sasuke from his past blinded her in one way: she never accepted what he really was. She still held on to that idea that if she loved Sasuke enough, she'd find that "loving Sasuke" . Sakura  wanted to help him, but I don't think she realized Sasuke doesn't have that soft side. Even with all his revenge focus, she didn't accept Sasuke had darkness until Part II. When Sasuke got the Curse mark, she blamed it all on Orochimaru and refused to believe Sasuke had a dark side. Sasuke having darkness isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as he's more good than bad and doesn't let it go out of control, but Sakura was ridiculously in denial of even that.  That's why her love for Sasuke isn't true love. If you can't accept a person for what they are and want them to be something they're not, then how is that love?

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 30 March 2014 - 01:10 PM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#42 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

Parallels don't solidify parrings, Pepsi.

I'm not saying they do but it directly contradicts the look Kishi was going for that Sakura was the one caring for Naruto and Karin was the one caring for Sasuke only to switch the pairing around to SS while Karin is *insert forever alone meme here*

eh10ut.jpg

#43 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

oh I meant that Sasuke has yet to say sorry to Sakura for trying to kill her but he has for Karin.

#44 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

I'm not saying they do but it directly contradicts the look Kishi was going for that Sakura was the one caring for Naruto and Karin was the one caring for Sasuke only to switch the pairing around to SS while Karin is *insert forever alone meme here*

The look he was going for? They were paneled side-by-side worrying about their teammates, not side-by-side stating that they love them. Well in Karin's case she she does love him, but that's besides my point. And you said it yourself, they were "caring" for their respective teammates. Would it be contradictory to leave all pairings open ended based off the similarities in 662 alone? I just don't think so.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#45 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

I'm not referring to open-ended relationships I'm referring to SS happening despite the end of 662.

eh10ut.jpg

#46 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

I'm not referring to open-ended relationships I'm referring to SS happening despite the end of 662.

There was nothing in chapter 662 that explicitly stated that Sakura got over Sasuke, or that Sasuke will reciprocate Karin's feelings. Not saying SS is going to happen, but I'm sure there are much better examples throughout the manga that will be contradictory to SS happening.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#47 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:29 AM

We don't have a reason for Sakura's love for Sasuke and I'd be really amazed to see Kishi find a way to justify it. I'm literally at the point that when I re-watch and re-read Part I, I over-analyze every SS moment over and over to see if there is something that explains SS. I still have nothing and the closest I've came to any believable explanation is that Sasuke saved Sakura's life three times when Naruto only saved her once; Sakura was awake for two of those Sasuke saves while with Naruto she was unconscious. Technically considered a shallow reason, but that's all I got.

The part where he says clearly he loves her and understands it as genuine was during the bench scene when he saw that gentle side of hers but the reason why she loved Sasuke.
Obviously he spent a lot of time with her but also there was the downside, it wasnt all positive when it comes to Naruto's love for Sakura, at the same time he spend time with her obviously he also saw where her attention was and many times he she favouring Sasuke over him and mostly important the impactifull moments where she display genuine love for Sasuke in front of him.
In fact it does contradicts i never understood why he kept pursuing her when he firmly believes that her happiness is Sasuke.
The fake confession scene shows that, just the memory of Sakura smilling around Sasuke hurts him badly and even how he avoided Sakura responding about her feelings for Sasuke during the briefly fight against the Kumogakure ninjas.
I also believe like SS that Naruto's love for Sakura is an asspull, Sakura was nice towards him but fo me doesnt justify romance.
And the reason is that Naruto doesnt do anything, he doesnt move the romance subplot forward he's totally passive and it gets worse when you see that it's him that is after her and not the other way around.

That's just my personal opinion.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 31 March 2014 - 12:33 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#48 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

The part where he says clearly he loves her and understands it as genuine was during the bench scene when he saw that gentle side of hers but the reason why she loved Sasuke.
Obviously he spent a lot of time with her but also there was the downside, it wasnt all positive when it comes to Naruto's love for Sakura, at the same time he spend time with her obviously he also saw where her attention was and many times he she favouring Sasuke over him and mostly important the impactifull moments where she display genuine love for Sasuke in front of him.
In fact it does contradicts i never understood why he kept pursuing her when he firmly believes that her happiness is Sasuke.
The fake confession scene shows that, just the memory of Sakura smilling around Sasuke hurts him badly and even how he avoided Sakura responding about her feelings for Sasuke during the briefly fight against the Kumogakure ninjas.
I also believe like SS that Naruto's love for Sakura is an asspull, Sakura was nice towards him but fo me doesnt justify romance.
And the reason is that Naruto doesnt do anything, he doesnt move the romance subplot forward he's totally passive and it gets worse when you see that it's him that is after her and not the other way around.

That's just my personal opinion.

That was pretty harsh. It does hurt me too, to see part 1 Sakura ignoring Naruto and just pursuing Sasuke. You are right. She favourED Sasuke against Naruto. You are right there too where you said 'She displayED genuine love for Sasuke INFRONT of him' though mostly 12 year olds do mistake attraction for love. I am not trying to contradict you by saying she didn't love Sasuke, but the probabilities of misunderstanding attraction for love are present too. 'Just the memory of Sakura smiling around Sasuke hurts him badly' I know right how worst that feel is when you see someone you love, loving someone else and smiling when with him, and you of all are the one to witness that. I've have been through a similar situation and it hurts like hell. When you love someone selflessly, you just want the other person to be happy and will do anything for it even if it means letting her go with someone else if that makes her happy. Naruto has always put Sakura's needs, wishes, emotions etc. before him. Maybe I partly understand how he feels, because I have been through a similar situation like him and that's one of the reasons why I love NS too.

Now, another part to it is, Naruto BELIEVES Sakura will be happy with Sasuke, because he has witnessed how mad she WAS for Sasuke. At present it seems like Sakura loves Naruto subconsciously while her lingering feelings for Sasuke are conscious(For now lets just consider that Sakura loves Naruto). Naruto understands her THE MOST OF ALL PEOPLE but doesn't understand her completely. And the reason Naruto dosen't do anything, its because he just refuses to believe Sakura can move on from Sasuke. The moment he realises Sakura has moved on from Sasuke and the moment Sakura realises her feelings for Naruto, its when all the obstacles for NS are removed and it will be on its way to canon! There is enough development between the two to make Naruto/Sakura directly confess to Sakura/Naruto and still not make it seem like out of thin air. That's how I view it.

Edited by narusaku256, 31 March 2014 - 08:51 AM.

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#49 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

That was pretty harsh. It does hurt me too, to see part 1 Sakura ignoring Naruto and just pursuing Sasuke. You are right. She favourED Sasuke against Naruto. You are right there too where you said 'She displayED genuine love for Sasuke INFRONT of him' though mostly 12 year olds do mistake attraction for love. I am not trying to contradict you by saying she didn't love Sasuke, but the probabilities of misunderstanding attraction for love are present too. 'Just the memory of Sakura smiling around Sasuke hurts him badly' I know right how worst that feel is when you see someone you love, loving someone else and smiling when with him, and you of all are the one to witness that. I've have been through a similar situation and it hurts like hell. When you love someone selflessly, you just want the other person to be happy and will do anything for it even if it means letting her go with someone else if that makes her happy. Naruto has always put Sakura's needs, wishes, emotions etc. before him. Maybe I partly understand how he feels, because I have been through a similar situation like him and that's one of the reasons why I love NS too.

The moments are strong when he saw Sakura hugging Sasuke after the fight with Haku and other while the one of the most impactfull was the hospital when Tsunade realized that he liked her.

Now, another part to it is, Naruto BELIEVES Sakura will be happy with Sasuke, because he has witnessed how mad she WAS for Sasuke. At present it seems like Sakura loves Naruto subconsciously while her lingering feelings for Sasuke are conscious(For now lets just consider that Sakura loves Naruto). Naruto understands her THE MOST OF ALL PEOPLE but doesn't understand her completely. And the reason Naruto dosen't do anything, its because he just refuses to believe Sakura can move on from Sasuke. The moment he realises Sakura has moved on from Sasuke and the moment Sakura realises her feelings for Naruto, its when all the obstacles for NS are removed and it will be on its way to canon! There is enough development between the two to make Naruto/Sakura directly confess to Sakura/Naruto and still not make it seem like out of thin air. That's how I view it.

That's the part i dont understand.
He refuses to believe she can love anyone else other than Sasuke but doesnt stop pursuing her.
Or he's just looking to fulfill his promise and be rejected by her to finally be able to move on i just dont get it.

About the obstacles of NS, Naruto doesnt work to remove his own obstacles he's totally passive, obviously he support Sakura but never tried to help Sakura on her most problems like her lack of resolve about certain things like "Helping Naruto" and the useless thing.
Naruto cant remove the obstacles of NS because he does nothing to solve that and it gets worse because it all ends up on Sakura who's not the one who should go after Naruto because it's Naruto who likes her and wants to win her over.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 31 March 2014 - 11:36 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#50 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

That's the part i dont understand.
He refuses to believe she can love anyone else other than Sasuke but doesnt stop pursuing her.
Or he's just looking to fulfill his promise and be rejected by her to finally be able to move on i just dont get it.

About the obstacles of NS, Naruto doesnt work to remove his own obstacles he's totally passive, obviously he support Sakura but never tried to help Sakura on her most problems like her lack of resolve about certain things like "Helping Naruto" and the useless thing.
Naruto cant remove the obstacles of NS because he does nothing to solve that and it gets worse because it all ends up on Sakura who's not the one who should go after Naruto because it's Naruto who likes her and wants to win her over.

You know, actually 'pursue' word would not fit here. 'Pursue' was what Sakura was doing towards Sasuke in part 1 wherein she expected something from Sasuke in return. Naruto does not 'pursue' Sakura. He expects nothing from Sakura in return for what he does for her. He dosen't even expect her to return his feelings. All he does is love her by all his heart, with literally no expectations. He does all the things he has been doing for Sakura just because he loves her, selflessly. Naruto had long since stopped 'pursuing' her when he came back from training in part 2. But, that doesn't mean he stopped loving her. Now, call it irony of fate or anything you wanna call, the moment Naruto stopped expecting return of his feelings from Sakura and just did things because he wanted to see her happy and smiling, without any expectation of reciprocation from her part, that was when Sakura started falling for Naruto. And this aspect of NS makes it all the more beautiful. So, Naruto has long since stopped 'pursuing' Sakura but he has never stopped loving her and does things for her for the sole purpose of seeing/making her happy and smiling even if it means he has to let go of her because she will be happy with Sasuke. But, nowhere it is stated that Sakura will be happy with Sasuke, its just more of his thought. Its what he thinks is right. Sakura has come to acknowledge the 'real' Sasuke and also the fact that she will not get what she wants from a relationship if she goes with Sasuke. Now, what remains from her side is to realise that what she expects from a relationship, can be fulfilled by Naruto and Naruto only! Not Sasuke because he is too cold and he is better with Karin and not even Rock Lee because...to be blunt, he lacks 'SENSE!'

Edited by narusaku256, 31 March 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#51 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

You know, actually 'pursue' word would not fit here. 'Pursue' was what Sakura was doing towards Sasuke in part 1 wherein she expected something from Sasuke in return. Naruto does not 'pursue' Sakura. He expects nothing from Sakura in return for what he does for her. He dosen't even expect her to return his feelings. All he does is love her by all his heart, with literally no expectations. He does all the things he has been doing for Sakura just because he loves her, selflessly.

I believe in fact he stopped pursuing her because Sasuke was not there, remember that he said he would confess when he brings him back.
I dont know what his intentions was there but obviously are not from someome who wants to win her over and because of that doesnt justify it's actions.

Naruto had long since stopped 'pursuing' her when he came back from training in part 2. But, that doesn't mean he stopped loving her. Now, call it irony of fate or anything you wanna call, the moment Naruto stopped expecting return of his feelings from Sakura and just did things because he wanted to see her happy and smiling, without any expectation of reciprocation from her part, that was when Sakura started falling for Naruto. And this aspect of NS makes it all the more beautiful. So, Naruto has long since stopped 'pursuing' Sakura but he has never stopped loving her and does things for her for the sole purpose of seeing/making her happy and smiling even if it means he has to let go of her because she will be happy with Sasuke. But, nowhere it is stated that Sakura will be happy with Sasuke, its just more of his thought. Its what he thinks is right. Sakura has come to acknowledge the 'real' Sasuke and also the fact that she will not get what she wants from a relationship if she goes with Sasuke. Now, what remains from her side is to realise that what she expects from a relationship, can be fulfilled by Naruto and Naruto only! Not Sasuke because he is too cold and he is better with Karin and not even Rock Lee because...to be blunt, he lacks 'SENSE!'

The problem is that love, in fact that kind of love we're refering to, it's not sefless, and it's show that no matter what Naruto intentions might be he will be in a way a bit of selfish, like it happened when he was sad and tried to hide it when he saw Sakura hugging Sasuke.
The pursue word i used it as a form to say that he does work to win her over, but it's not the case the things he did to Sakura he did to his other friends too.
Naruto didnt made any actions that make Sakura special or exclusive, despite being his "Love" he basically treated her like any of his other friends which is correct but in fact doesnt justify love.
What i'm saying is that despite Naruto and Sakura had development on their friendship, it doesnt justify Naruto's love for her.
There lacked moments for that which can be see in almost any shounen or even other works which include romance.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#52 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

The problem is that love, in fact that kind of love we're refering to, it's not sefless, and it's show that no matter what Naruto intentions might be he will be in a way a bit of selfish, like it happened when he was sad and tried to hide it when he saw Sakura hugging Sasuke.
The pursue word i used it as a form to say that he does work to win her over, but it's not the case the things he did to Sakura he did to his other friends too.
Naruto didnt made any actions that make Sakura special or exclusive, despite being his "Love" he basically treated her like any of his other friends which is correct but in fact doesnt justify love.
What i'm saying is that despite Naruto and Sakura had development on their friendship, it doesnt justify Naruto's love for her.
There lacked moments for that which can be see in almost any shounen or even other works which include romance.

Care to explain how its selfish? Actually, I don't see Naruto treating Sakura differently because she is her love and treating his friends differently well because they're his 'friends'. No one even does that in practical life. It is the moments you spend with your better half that bring you closer which inturn separates them from moments you spend with your friends and not how different you treat your loved one from your friends. Again its not a matter of give and take in between Naruto and Sakura and Naruto and friends here, but how much they have been through together. She has been with him and through with him every step of the way right from when Naruto was at his worst upto when Naruto was at his best and same goes for Naruto being with Sakura. Sakura has witnessed Naruto first hand and Naruto has witnessed Sakura first hand. Its more about how much they have been through together than how much time they have spent together(In case of NS, even time spent together is special XD). Even you know, infact everyone knows how much Naruto and Sakura have been through together, right from worst to the best, together always. They are so close to each other and both of them know each other so well, infact better than any of the character that has ever known them in this series. It was never just Naruto/Sakura in the worst case and neither just Naruto/Sakura in the best case. They were like together for 98% of the series, and even when they were not, they were handling their own things which helped the other. When it comes to relationship part its never just Naruto or just Sakura, its both together. Now, this sentence is valid if NS goes canon(I hope it will). We all know how much Naruto can love and how much Sakura can love as well.There is just too much depth and meaning to this relationship and is certainly not shallow. 

Edited by narusaku256, 31 March 2014 - 03:03 PM.

#53 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

Care to explain how its selfish? Actually, I don't see Naruto treating Sakura differently because she is her love and treating his friends differently well because they're his 'friends'.

It mean that he's lying to himself, he got sad when he saw Sakura hugging Sasuke and faked with a smile.
That's selfish because no matter what he tries to hide deep inside on his heart he's not all happy or accept the notion of Sakura being happy with someome else.
That's hipocrisy.

No one even does that in practical life. It is the moments you spend with your better half that bring you closer which inturn separates them from moments you spend with your friends and not how different you treat your loved one from your friends. Again its not a matter of give and take in between Naruto and Sakura and Naruto and friends here, but how much they have been through together. She has been with him and through with him every step of the way right from when Naruto was at his worst upto when Naruto was at his best and same goes for Naruto being with Sakura.

Naruto also spent time with a lot of people, what lacked is mutual moments of understanding.
Moments where Sakura is worried about him and he miss the point by bringing Sasuke's topic.
Example after he used Rasenshuriken, Sakura was worried about Naruto using the jutsu again, he coems with "I believe we are closer to Sasuke".
Getting poisoned to avoid wrapping up the fake confession thing when he's not supposed to be poisoned because he's jinchuuriki and Kakakshi said on part 1 when Naruto put a kunai on his hand and it was healed quickly.

Sakura has witnessed Naruto first hand and Naruto has witnessed Sakura first hand. Its more about how much they have been through together than how much time they have spent together(In case of NS, even time spent together is special XD). Even you know, infact everyone knows how much Naruto and Sakura have been through together, right from worst to the best, together always. They are so close to each other and both of them know each other so well, infact better than any of the character that has ever known them in this series. It was never just Naruto/Sakura in the worst case and neither just Naruto/Sakura in the best case. They were like together for 98% of the series, and even when they were not, they were handling their own things which helped the other. When it comes to relationship part its never just Naruto or just Sakura, its both together. Now, this sentence is valid if NS goes canon(I hope it will). We all know how much Naruto can love and how much Sakura can love as well.There is just too much depth and meaning to this relationship and is certainly not shallow.

Sakura witnessed Naruto's devotion towards his objectives, he's always an optmistic however he never actively made Sakura to become what she's now, she saw Naruto's devotion to bring Sasuke back and wanted to help him.
However he never actively helped her like an example, to overcome the fact that she thinks she's useless, the mistakes thing or even her powerlevel.
And also the fact that they know each other well, i my opinion i dont think so, in terms of personality she might understand Naruto but the hardships he had to overcome she doesnt.
She knows nothing about hatred and her role is not even tied to the main plot of the story which is hatred.
She's only a main character because of the team 7, but Kishi never gave her a role beyong that, Naruto and Sasuke are going to fight against each other because of things that she doesnt understand neither have an opinion to say about it.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#54 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

I see we have completely opposite views on this topic @Darkrerst. Its better we stop it since this debate will go on and on. There's no end to this. However, Sakura is better off away from all this stuff. Its Naruto's and Sasuke's battle, they are supposed to fight it. Why should Sakura have a part in it. And about the thing you said, Naruto being poisoned just to divert from the confession part, I do get what you mean to say. Whenever it has come to Sakura's feelings towards Naruto he' has changed the topic somehow and even I don't get it why! Concluding it, I think we should really stop it, since our debating won't really change the outcome and neither your views nor mine. It will just be a debate, nothing else!

#55 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:27 AM

@Darkest:

I can't take the Bench confession literally. It's not because you can't fall in love with someone that fast. Even if I find that bad writing or nonsensical, I can accept it if the text supports it. But that's just the thing. The way of writing didn't support Naruto loved Sakura. I believe that made him understand why he liked her so he liked her more, but love? Too strong.

Naruto treated Sakura as a regular crush. There is a sharp difference with the way he treated her then and the way he treated her later. Naruto wasn't particularly hurt or jealous of Sakura's love for Sakura. It was more like a mild annoyance for him and then eventually he didn't even care much at all (Chunin Exams). Naruto wasn't particularly favoring of her. He didn't often put his feelings before Sakura's or at least didn't put much focus on it and he wasn't even that worried when Sakura got knocked out by Ino (Minor thing, but compare that to Naruto's behavior now). It was a crush. Not love. The writing was very clear with that. Naruto didn't even give any thought to Sakura when Haku asked if he had someone important to protect.

Naruto's later behavior altered all of this. SS isn't something that's comically annoying to him. It actually hurts him. And Naruto starts adopting this "Sakura's feelings matter more than mine" mentality after she almost got killed from Gaara and he still has that. Protectiveness thing ... Early Part I Naruto didn't really have that without acting like he wanted to show off to her or had it written comically. Now Naruto has that all the time and it's serious. Naruto's feelings didn't start to become love until after his fight with Gaara. It wasn't any sooner than that.

I can't say I agree with Naruto loving Sakura so fast (Part I Sakura really wasn't that great IMO), but I don't think it's an asspull. I understand it. It honestly doesn't take much for Naruto, especially during that time in his life, to get attached too fast. Team 7 were something he loved more than anything because they paid attention to him. Even when Sakura was scolding him, he still appreciated it because she was "acknowledging" him (good or bad). Favoring Sasuke didn't matter. He didn't even factor because he simply was glad with what he got (more or less ... SS hurt him, but he was willing to let her be with Sasuke if she's happy). It was because he had nothing so he'd appreciate anything. He said T7 saved him. Naruto already liked Sakura so I find it completely in character for him to love her so early despite her Sasuke tunnel vision. The crush just strengthened how he'd feel.

I don't think that was main reason for long. Naruto grew to genuinely love her for who she was and appreciate her differently than just "she was there when I had nothing"(Part II IMO), but there is no doubt in my mind that definitely factored in his train of thought in the earlier years.

Naruto's love for Sakura growing stronger when he was so sure she loved Sasuke is strange. Most people move on, but I don't think Naruto even tried. It's most likely that, whatever he believes now about Sakura loving Sasuke and not him, there's a part of him that's still hoping she'll see him someday. The problem is, even if he's hopeful, it's going to take a lot for him to truly believe it thanks to how much the PoaL traumatized his self-confidence.

Naruto doesn't do actively pursue Sakura probably with both selfless and selfish motives. Of course Naruto wouldn't want to make her uncomfortable and he's probably more at peace with just being her friend and see how that goes (if Sakura likes him or not that way). The selfish motive is just because he's insecure over Sakura's affections. Why would he allow a relationship with her when he's so certain she loves Sasuke? He wouldn't want to be second and the confession showed that.

I'm pretty sure Naruto focuses more on Sakura than this own feelings, but I also don't doubt that there's at least a sliver of selfishness involved there. His Sasuke insecurities over Sakura run deep and I can see him being partly afraid of being with her because of his "You love Sasuke" crap.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 02 April 2014 - 01:36 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#56 Narutofanfreak

Narutofanfreak

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:MANGA!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:59 AM

Sasusaku is terrible. I don't even understand how one can dual ship it, although there are plenty of people that do.

The reason i say that is cause NaruSaku and Sasusaku are completely different. We know why Naruto loves Sakura. We don't know why Sakura loves Sasuke, because Sasuke has never given her a reason even up to now. 

YOLO LOYO

#57 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,986 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:23 AM

Hi there all. I've been a lurker for a while and never really had the courage to post until now.

As for this topic, I am a HUGE NaruSaku fan. Love it a lot. BUT I am also a HUGE SasuSaku fan. And I've seen some people say several times here that they don't understand why people would ship SasuSaku.

Um, if anyone is REALLY curious I can tell you my opinion as a SasuSaku fan(but ONLY my opinion. I do not speak for the fandom as a whole as it is made up of individuals who are obviously not me).

I understand there is a debate thread but I've seen many replies get missed and questions asked and people ignored. And since this can people be a touchy subject(SasuSaku fans being accused of supporting abusive relationships in real life I mean), I'd rather this be put in a topic by itself where I can see all replies and respond them civilly(and hopefully be treated civilly in return haha) if that's alright with you mods and admins.

So anyone want to discuss this with me?

P.S I am NOT a fan of NaruHina at all. And I do love SasuKarin just as much(I mean if that info matters).

Hey, welcome! It's all cool if you ship SasuSaku and Sasu Karin, and no one will reject your preferences here. I don't see SasuSaku as abusive, i just find them incompatible personally because Their personalities don't match, and also Sakura is not herself around him. She is either fan girlishly flirtatious, or just gets depressed about him. She seems more like herself naturally with Naruto. But that's just my opinion. :happy: And while the fact that he tried to kill her may be exaggerated on our part, myself included, it is undeniable trying to kill someone is far from a healthy issue in a relationship. That aside, I'm only putting this in my debating perspective. Please know that you are truly welcome here. :hi5:        

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 April 2014 - 04:24 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#58 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

@Darkest:

I can't take the Bench confession literally. It's not because you can't fall in love with someone that fast. Even if I find that bad writing or nonsensical, I can accept it if the text supports it. But that's just the thing. The way of writing didn't support Naruto loved Sakura. I believe that made him understand why he liked her so he liked her more, but love? Too strong.

It's show that he already like her way before the bench scene.
It makes sense for him to actually have fall in love with her on that moment.
THe problem is the strenght of his feelings which does contradict with his actions.

Naruto treated Sakura as a regular crush. There is a sharp difference with the way he treated her then and the way he treated her later. Naruto wasn't particularly hurt or jealous of Sakura's love for Sakura. It was more like a mild annoyance for him and then eventually he didn't even care much at all (Chunin Exams). Naruto wasn't particularly favoring of her. He didn't often put his feelings before Sakura's or at least didn't put much focus on it and he wasn't even that worried when Sakura got knocked out by Ino (Minor thing, but compare that to Naruto's behavior now). It was a crush. Not love. The writing was very clear with that. Naruto didn't even give any thought to Sakura when Haku asked if he had someone important to protect.

He always treated her like that comically because he knew about her feelings way before, she thought she only liked Sasuke because of looks and then on the bench he understood why she loved Sasuke.
Naruto had always been hurt on Sakura's love for Sasuke, there's not a single panel that shows the otherwise either on part 1 or part 2, Sakura hugging Sasuke after the Zabuza battle is one of them.
I never see him being mildly annoyed he was actually hurt and tried to hide it from others.

Also where did i say that he should put his feelings above Sakura's?
There's a different approach just because she loves Sasuke should not be an obstacle for him to also play the game, putting his feeling above Sakura would be accepting Sakura's fake confession on the summit.

I can't say I agree with Naruto loving Sakura so fast (Part I Sakura really wasn't that great IMO), but I don't think it's an asspull. I understand it. It honestly doesn't take much for Naruto, especially during that time in his life, to get attached too fast. Team 7 were something he loved more than anything because they paid attention to him. Even when Sakura was scolding him, he still appreciated it because she was "acknowledging" him (good or bad). Favoring Sasuke didn't matter. He didn't even factor because he simply was glad with what he got (more or less ... SS hurt him, but he was willing to let her be with Sasuke if she's happy). It was because he had nothing so he'd appreciate anything. He said T7 saved him. Naruto already liked Sakura so I find it completely in character for him to love her so early despite her Sasuke tunnel vision. The crush just strengthened how he'd feel.

I think it's an asspull just because not the reason why he loves Sakura but the lack of reasoning on the fact he keeps pursuing her when he strongly acknowledges she loves other guy.
His actions contradicts with he expresses as love for Sakura.

I don't think that was main reason for long. Naruto grew to genuinely love her for who she was and appreciate her differently than just "she was there when I had nothing"(Part II IMO), but there is no doubt in my mind that definitely factored in his train of thought in the earlier years.

I cant respond to that because it's an assumption unless if Naruto says that.

Naruto's love for Sakura growing stronger when he was so sure she loved Sasuke is strange. Most people move on, but I don't think Naruto even tried. It's most likely that, whatever he believes now about Sakura loving Sasuke and not him, there's a part of him that's still hoping she'll see him someday. The problem is, even if he's hopeful, it's going to take a lot for him to truly believe it thanks to how much the PoaL traumatized his self-confidence.

It's true, Naruto didnt even tried but he also didnt do the opposite either, he didnt tried to strenghten his bond with Sakura on part 2 by helping her actively, as an example he kept the comment that she was strong to himself, who do you think Sakura would feel if Naruto told her that she's strong.
When she at that time was thinking she wasnt good enough.

Naruto doesn't do actively pursue Sakura probably with both selfless and selfish motives. Of course Naruto wouldn't want to make her uncomfortable and he's probably more at peace with just being her friend and see how that goes (if Sakura likes him or not that way). The selfish motive is just because he's insecure over Sakura's affections. Why would he allow a relationship with her when he's so certain she loves Sasuke? He wouldn't want to be second and the confession showed that.

There's nothing to do with selfless or selfish motives, selfish would be ignoring her feelings and trying to take advantage of that, strenghtening their bond from his part or not pursuing her doenst make anyone selfless.

I'm pretty sure Naruto focuses more on Sakura than this own feelings, but I also don't doubt that there's at least a sliver of selfishness involved there. His Sasuke insecurities over Sakura run deep and I can see him being partly afraid of being with her because of his "You love Sasuke" crap.

This has nothing to do with selfish, in fact it's realistic portraited on Naruto, he passed his whole life seeing Sakura's devotion towards Sasuke it's not a surprise he belives she loves him, i dont think it's crap but it's the fact that despite acknowledging this, he doesnt move on and keeps loving her but at the same time does nothing.
And then to make matters worse we can look at the hug and the feeding scene he always looks surprised when she shows affection to him.
It's like he doesnt expect Sakura to give him some affection, it doenst make sense.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 11 April 2014 - 11:23 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#59 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

Hey Laylo, (Why does this remind me of Fifth Element?)

Welcome to the forum. We seem to be getting a lot of new members lately.

If it is alright with you, I would like to to give my two cents to you. Let me start by saying that I hate Sasuke. I mean absolutely hate Sasuke with a passion. I do have legitimate reasons for hating him, which is too long a list to label, but let me assure you it is not because of the pairing war. I hate Sasuke because I feel he is a coward and easily manipulated into doing the dirty work of everyone else if they just say the right words. This is a different story however and really we are here to talk about SasuSaku correct?

In the beginning I used to be a NaruHina. Not really sure why I liked it, but I feel it was because it "looked good." Girl falls in love with boy, boy eventually sees girl. That schtick. I soon realized that there is more to a real relationship than just "looking good." You have to clicked on an emotional and personal level which I soon realized that Hinata never really got with Naruto. Yeah, she took on his nindo and such, but in reality she was never around long enough to get as close as Sakura has. Sakura can literally read Naruto's mind by now.

That being said, this is what I feel is the problem with SasuSaku. They were just never close and they never really understood each other. Even to this very chapter. Sure, in part 1, they had some "moments," but really Sasuke didn't share his life with her. Alot of people like to bring up all the good things Sasuke did for Sakura, but sometimes I wonder if he did did it because he cared about her or if he really just did it because she was a teammate. Judging by the way Sasuke acts in part 2, I would say it was the latter as he holds no emotional attachment now. Not even thinking about it or even flinching. He even expresses want to erase those bonds from his history. This doesn't sound like a person who cherishes those memories.

I understand why people liked SasuSaku in the beginning because it was similar to how I felt about NaruHina. It "looked" good, but it didn't "feel" right. When I discuss SS and why I think it fails, I sometimes feel like my reasoning is being only looked at skin deep. In part 2, Sasuke has changed. All of team 7 changed and even Naruto who used to be this loud hyperactive super positive guy who never gave up started to become a not so hyper, more refined, somewhat realistic view, positive guy who never gave up thanks to his friends. I can easily say I miss the old part 1 Naruto as I am sure many SS fans say they miss the old Sasuke from Part 1, but I feel people are holding on to those characters too much and thinking we can just go back. They changed and you can't just change back.

It is hard for me to accept that SasuSaku has any chance, admittedly, because there is just nothing there anymore. Sasuke doesn't think of Sakura, doesn't feel for her, or really do anything that stands out. People want to bring up the part where he saved her from those ten-tails clones and yet when forget that when Obito was about to blow up the entire alliance Sasuke didn't even care for her at all. Never even thought of saving anyone, but himself, Juugo, and Naruto.

Also considering that Kishimoto is constantly putting these situations where Naruto and Sakura are together and Sasuke and Karin are together, it is really sends up a red flag for me. Some here say that parallels or whatever mean nothing, but I always question that if they actually do mean nothing, why Kishimoto put so much emphasis on it? It can't be a coincidence that these two couples are practically mirrored almost every time they are on screen and they practically reflect each other. Especially in these past few chapters where we have pages of them standing side by side.

People want to tell me that anything can happen in this manga and they are right, but I always find myself asking "If it was meant to have SS and NH pairing, why are these always shown so far away from each other? In the most important moments, Sakura is always near Naruto while Hinata is never around and Sasuke is always around Karin." It's way too convenient to be just a coincidence.

That's my two cents.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#60 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

Btw, anyone care to answer my one question? It is as follows:

Kishi said in an interview that he's gonna make one pairing canon. But judging from how the things currently are, it looks like we're gonna get two canon pairings. I mean is it just Kishi's way of keeping things under wraps or he does change somethings he said in an interview?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users