• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

#41 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

Naruto will be with the bijuu's talking to them next chapter :wub:

40283620121415711s.jpg

#42 TacticalFox88

TacticalFox88

A Sly Fox

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Science Fiction, Manga, Military History, Internet, Soon to be Digital Media.

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

Holy kitten. Gai wrecked the kitten out of Mads. 

Can't wait for the next chapter! 

#43 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

That was a good chapter, lots of action and for once Madara getting pummeled was nice.

I'll keep it short and sweet, gai was powerful, everyone had a hand in the fight

Nice nostalgia factor between lee and gaara.

Madara loves the battle and wants to see if it lasts longer. We get that crazy face again.

Now naruto has woken up. Given the image, though it's very possible a narusaku moment can occur, given the space in the panel, it looks like water ripples aka his inner chamber where yang kurama used to be. This time just yin kurama. So I'm going with he wakes up in his inner world kinda like gaara did when he recovered, in this case he meets yin kurama most likely. Though being in limbo to see the deceased or sage is also possible. But we may finally get a narusaku moment too, oh next week looks good.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#44 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

Alot of strategy took place in the chapter, and it brought alot of nostolgia of what Naruto was like in the beginning. Rock Lee only going up to 6th Gate does make sense otherwise he would've bite the dust. The effects of Kamui also having an effect on Kakashi is also a good plus, seeing how he's been using it alot in this war. Then we get Naruto at the end, and after that.... Though we are still in the beginning of the volume, but the next two chapters (670, and 671) transition from the beginning to the focus of the volume. 

My review: 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#45 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

The legendary Madara is being rivaled by an exuberant middle-aged man who's obsessed with youth and wears a skintight jumpsuit. It's a funny combination albeit not unexpected because several other characters have a few curiously designed clothing preferences themselves.    

Elongated hair, intense red aura, dual-coloured shading that decreases in pigment closer to the edges of the character's body... Eight Gates is looking more and more like the Kaioken now. 

The 8th gate seems to be living up to its "power beyond that of the Hokage" slogan. Guy's speed and strength have exceeded all benchmarks made for any character in the series thus far (strong enough to inflict moderate damage when the 9 bijuu could only rip an arm off against a much weaker Madara and fast enough to blitz someone who can react to FTG). He can also manipulate the air currents for traveling purposes and attack with it; a perk that oddly resembles the Kikoho. Even Madara is admitting that it's a technique worthy of having his undivided attention in one on one combat.

It's natural that Madara would be brimming with excitement and anticipation. His distorted perception of world peace shouldn't inhibit him from relishing in the things that he enjoys most. And Guy's just standing there, awkwardly befuddled, watching as this man writes him off as the next piece of his toy collection that he'll play with for a little while before it breaks. 

Almost four years of constant training and Lee has only been able to achieve one more gate? Does the training become so arduous that the pay off only arrives after extensive periods of physical labour? At least this settles the issue of whether or not he could access the 7th gate though. Lee still has much to show before he can be comfortably placed ahead of Guy. 

This may not necessarily spell doom for Minato if he's willing to use some underhanded tactics to save himself. Assuming that Tobirama and himself still have those marks they placed on each other in #641, Minato could use "Mutually Instantaneous Revolving Technique" to shift the impact over to Tobirama's unmoving carcass. Unlikely, but still possible. 

Kakashi's vision is finally giving way after much exploitation of his MS. How probable is it that Obito will offer up his other eye as a parting gift to his dear old companion before kicking the bucket? That ensures a permanent Sharingan for Kakashi and he receives that phasing ability also. 

Edited by Atheck, 19 March 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#46 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

gai in streroid still not enough to beat madara. time for tenten to shine

kakashi ms blind already take the effect. maybe because obito almost death.

and naruto will awake to meet morpheus, and he tell him that naruto world is the matrix all this time. 

#47 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

Darn You Kishi!!!! I was enjoying the chapter, seeing Gai be all Badarse and going down in a blaze of glory and also seeing Minato show the same on the fly startegies that his son inherited and then second to last panel, we see the dripping water indicating Naruto has entered his mindscape, and then him opening his eyes!!!! Now suddenly the chapter becomes less important and now my entire focus is on what will happen next week. Will Naruto just meet the other half of Kurama or will be see something else, will he get a backstory, will he have to defeat the other half as well? I want to know what happens next week!!!!

iAnby7W.gif

#48 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

General reminder:

Please use spoiler tags on the front page.

Four or five front page posts had chapter-spoiling comments this a.m. Please keep them hidden behind spoiler tags (found under the button closest to the font field), so you don't ruin the chapter for someone else just opening the page to get the chapter link. Thanks.

#49 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

@LuckyChi7 Nice review man.

@All  Now what do you think, Naruto is in the Bijuu chamber/hyperbolic time chamber/whatever that space is called and he is just going to meet the Kyuubi/all Bijuu's or will that WSJ preview be right and he is going to meet the Rikudou.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#50 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

Almost four years of constant training and Lee has only been able to achieve one more gate? Does the training become so arduous that the pay off only arrives after extensive periods of physical labour? At least this settles the issue of whether or not he could access the 7th gate though. Lee still has much to show before he can be comfortably placed ahead of Guy.

His base level is much higher though, He's allot stronger than he was 3 years ago, and lets face it, as much as Kishi likes to tell us it's the job of the younger generation to surpass the older Gen, if the Edo taught us anything the current gen (with the possible exception of Gaara, Naruto, (but compared to other Uzumaki and their powers, he is also lacking) and strangly Karin) still has a way to go before they overtake the past gen.

iAnby7W.gif

#51 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

Wow. Talk about Chuck Norris. Seriously, Gai is like the embodiment of Chuck Norris in this chapter and just round house kicking Madara's backside like Walker Texas Ranger. He even managed to make Madara bleed which means internal organ damage though will probably heal from it eventually. It is cool to see teamwork again and from the older generation. It just shows that the older people can still kick ass even before the younger generation. It shows the limits of what the new generation has to surpass.

I loved it. Yeah much better than the last chapter thanks to the action.

I knew this chapter was going to be Gai centered, but it was good.

Seems Naruto is going to have a little chat with Dark Kurama and/or possibly Obito in this "inner world." (Since Obito can speak with people in this world now.) I am curious what they are going to talk about.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 19 March 2014 - 02:16 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#52 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

Naruto will be with the bijuu's talking to them next chapter :wub:

Remember last chapter when he was teased about not having kissed a girl before...Well what do you know xD

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#53 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

Alot of strategy took place in the chapter, and it brought alot of nostolgia of what Naruto was like in the beginning. Rock Lee only going up to 6th Gate does make sense otherwise he would've bite the dust. The effects of Kamui also having an effect on Kakashi is also a good plus, seeing how he's been using it alot in this war. Then we get Naruto at the end, and after that.... Though we are still in the beginning of the volume, but the next two chapters (670, and 671) transition from the beginning to the focus of the volume. 

My review: 

Good review.

#54 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

seeing the background where Naruto is revived... that makes me to think that he's revived into his mind... a sorta of NDE where he met the old RS. So i doubt that we will NS hints next chapter. It will be all in naruto's mind.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#55 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:43 PM

Well it makes sense if naruto first meets yin kurama. On another stance it seems strange for him to meet the sage in some crazy rejoined chakra event out of naruto having a portion of all their chakra by now.

I mean given how Sasuke got the rinnegan (or will get it soon) because he is getting the eyes, naruto is more or less inheriting the body of the senju ancestor, I mean given how he had 7 of the chakras given to him way back around meeting son goku, now after obito took out the portion of chakra from shukaku and guyuki, it's easy to say naruto would use this to remove all the tailed beasts from Madara as he needed gaara and bee to take the one and eight tailed chakras respectively at first but this fight is most likely naruto and Sasuke alone against Madara after guy falls.

For naruto to meet hagamaro sounds strange but if we get some freaky advanced seal that let's naruto contact him because he has portions of all the tailed beast chakra, not as the jubbi jiinchurki than perhaps as this special gathering of all chakra, this will cause something to happen, not sure.

Considering minatos action and how many asked what he did, well he isn't gone I mean naruto needs to have a final goodbye to him, not make him vanish before then. It's like how many thought Kakashi would never see minato in edo tensei form, it happened just took a while.

At this point, there's no rinne tensei coming for those who died like neji or guy at this point who will soon. It's final.

Otherwise, yes yes yes, we may be close to the ns recovery scene we are hoping for! Naruto is in his inner world right now given the water below him, not the sand he was resting on. I hope that whatever happens, we get a great scene between naruto and sakura even if it's just a hug, that would be good enough. Even if it was a chapter end event, that would be great.

This chapter however, I would not mind if it got an entire filler for combat of guy facing Madara, that would be a good filler. Otherwise it's just an anxious event kinda like the end of 630 last year. Anyone else notice this very funny incident?

Next week is the week of the 28th, Sakura's birthday, what if a ns moment occurs on that week? That would be awesome.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#56 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Remember last chapter when he was teased about not having kissed a girl before...Well what do you know xD

lol...His first kiss with a bloke and for his second kiss he isn't even concious

iAnby7W.gif

#57 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

Well technically this chapter's official release is on the 24th, and next week's is the 31st... I think next chapter will probably all take place where Naruto is right now, his mind, I guess.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#58 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

Is it just me

nczcx0.jpg

or is this Sakura's tear? :cry:

what does the sfx say?