Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (Unknown Entity @ Mar 9 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although... the beginning of the OP makes more sense now... I always felt that Feldt's appearance right after Marina was a little bit weird. And the hand at the end of the OP is more likely to be Feldt's than Marina's (since there's a pink light).

After seeing your note I was reminded of the ending, not the opening. In the closing song (one of my favorite Anime songs), there's one scene of a bed of flowers and lying on them are what look to be Setsuna's jacket (blue) and Feldt's jacket (pink). So good call on that. I was thinking it was going to be one of those one sided crushes, especially since she seemed to have a thing for the first Lockon.

I really can't decide. I like both her and Marina for different reasons. Only time will tell how it all unravels.

#42 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Mar 9 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After seeing your note I was reminded of the ending, not the opening. In the closing song (one of my favorite Anime songs), there's one scene of a bed of flowers and lying on them are what look to be Setsuna's jacket (blue) and Feldt's jacket (pink). So good call on that. I was thinking it was going to be one of those one sided crushes, especially since she seemed to have a thing for the first Lockon.

I really can't decide. I like both her and Marina for different reasons. Only time will tell how it all unravels.

Yeah, I thought that too...

I also like Marina as well... but Marina looks too old while Setsuna looks too young... haha
Pretty bored.

#43 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Unknown Entity @ Mar 11 2009, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I thought that too...

I also like Marina as well... but Marina looks too old while Setsuna looks too young... haha

I smell some pedophilia... my kind of thing.

why yes. that is my adorable sister hugging a dakimura. got a problem?

#44 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:39 AM

8 years difference. XD

But I ship Marina x Setsuna.

#45 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

I don't really mind either way Setsuna with Marina or Feldt. We all know that Setsuna x Gundam is canon after all XP

As we draw to a conclusion I'm awaiting Ribbons to pilot a giant Haro, which strangely resembles the Death Star. I'm wondering how these last three episodes are going to conclude. Hope they're as awesome as season one's ending.

#46 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:50 PM

Episode 23 RAW was pretty good... lots of Trans-Am spam thanks to ****ing Ribbons.

Billy is officially a coward, and Lyle and Alle just picked up tons of deathflags.

#47 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:31 AM

Too much going on this episode.

Other than action, I didn't really like it.

Why did Ribbons have to use all those clones and suits just to have them suicide-bomb? Missiles wouldn't have worked?
When did the Ptolemaios get the ability to use Trans-Am without the help of one of the four Gundams?
The whole 5 seconds they spent on Patrick's death & Kati's reaction was great. sleep.gif
Trans-Am, now available for mass-production. Place a order today and you get free shipping.
Sumeragi vs Automatons. Did she really think she was going to be able to protect them all with her one gun?

Also, episode was called "Flower of Life"... I would have thought there would have been some sort of reason for that (flower Feldt gave Setsuna maybe?)... but nothing.

Have a feeling that the entire crew (or most of it) of Ptolemaios will die (this doesn't include the meisters).

I don't find Gundam 00 to be a edge-of-the-seat-nail-biting series anymore... it's just a lot of action now.
Pretty bored.

#48 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:33 AM

According to spoilers online, Sumeragi will live. Dunno about the crew though.

A movie and a continuation OVA is also being planned.

#49 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (Unknown Entity @ Mar 16 2009, 02:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Too much going on this episode.

Other than action, I didn't really like it.

Why did Ribbons have to use all those clones and suits just to have them suicide-bomb? Missiles wouldn't have worked?
When did the Ptolemaios get the ability to use Trans-Am without the help of one of the four Gundams?
The whole 5 seconds they spent on Patrick's death & Kati's reaction was great. sleep.gif
Trans-Am, now available for mass-production. Place a order today and you get free shipping.
Sumeragi vs Automatons. Did she really think she was going to be able to protect them all with her one gun?

Also, episode was called "Flower of Life"... I would have thought there would have been some sort of reason for that (flower Feldt gave Setsuna maybe?)... but nothing.

Have a feeling that the entire crew (or most of it) of Ptolemaios will die (this doesn't include the meisters).

I don't find Gundam 00 to be a edge-of-the-seat-nail-biting series anymore... it's just a lot of action now.

Well I think all the serious Gundam series degrade into almost pure action at the ends of their runs

QUOTE (Cloud @ Mar 16 2009, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to spoilers online, Sumeragi will live. Dunno about the crew though.

A movie and a continuation OVA is also being planned.

Wow so is it going to be Gundam 00: Endless Waltz? laugh.gif

but yea I like the series and can definatly see the homages to G: Wing

(wonders who would win in a fight: Setsuna in 00-riser or Heero in Wing Zero)
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#50 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:44 PM

If Alle Pulls a Trowa and plays the flute, I will lol for eternity. XD

Coincidentally I have the sheet music for Trowa's part. XDD

(I must say that I like Releena better than Marina. XD)
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#51 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:28 PM

I await for Patrick the immortal to come back to life and proclaim is love for Kati. Seriously Sunrise let it happen so I can be happy!

TAISAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'M ALIVE AND WILL NEVER LEAVE MY LOVE!!!

Patrick x Kati is my OTP XD

#52 jim1982

jim1982

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Mar 17 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Alle Pulls a Trowa and plays the flute, I will lol for eternity. XD

Coincidentally I have the sheet music for Trowa's part. XDD

(I must say that I like Releena better than Marina. XD)

well Releena had more focus, for the most part Marina has been the one that calms the kids down while the adults talk sorta character. She is such an under used character. Oh well maybe the next gundam series will balance out some of the side characters.

#53 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:35 AM

Gundam 00 finale on Sunday!

Who's excited? I am! biggrin.gif

#54 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:31 AM

Just saw the last episode live stream. I have to say I'm satisfied with the great ending. It's been quite a ride and enjoyed the series.

kitten YEAH PATRICK AND KATI!!!

Also movie in 2010. I guess aliens attack? XD

#55 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:55 PM

I think they might just go with summarizing the entire series in movies again. Just like how they did with practically every other series in the franchise.

#56 jim1982

jim1982

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (Zero BD @ Mar 29 2009, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think they might just go with summarizing the entire series in movies again. Just like how they did with practically every other series in the franchise.

well wasn't that only SeeD and SeeD Destiny that they sumerized?

Endless Waltz was a closer movie for Gundam W

#57 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

nah, a majority of the movies are summarized. endless waltz is a ova rather then a actually movie that was released in theaters. and I would like to retract my earlier comment about the movie being summarized. I just finished the episode and wow. cant wait for the movie next year.

#58 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

Just saw the last episode via streaming. Must say, I'm impressed. Good and happy ending for everybody, and also a movie on the way. biggrin.gif

A fan couldn't ask for more.

#59 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:56 PM

So with the last battle of Exia vs. RX-78 Gundam, I'm guessing the franchise will leave its UC roots. It was a sort of homage to the old generation Gundam saying that its time for the new version to come in. With this battle they paved the way for the "future" of Gundam. The series is 30 years old and can't rely on the same formula to keep it going. I'm hoping with the next AU series in 2011-12, they try a different approach. I'm satisfied with the good end for most of the characters and don't see the need for tragic ends to make the show more "real". Tomino's done plenty of that with his shows, but that doesn't make/break the series, the enjoyment factor is what's most important.

The last battles were easily the best of the series and on par with those of season 1. Kept me on the edge of my seat and the excitement factor was always high. Doublelujah wrecking havoc upon Hilling and Lyle's fight against Revive were great, and Setsuna vs. Ribbons was easily the most amazing battle. Have to say Setsuna was possibly my favorite main protagonist out of the AU Gundams. Humble till the end and just doing what he can to change the world and bring peace. Glad that he's looking out over the world and humanity itself.

#60 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:32 PM

It looks like 00 won't be coming back... judging by the last fight, Setsuna's sword went through the upper section of the GN drive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users