290 replies to this topic

#41 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

So the reason for Kabuto's peculiar chakra signature is that not all of Orochimaru's energy was removed? That doesn't seem all too likely that he would leave traces of that energy behind if he was trying to capitalise on an opportune moment to increase his strength before making an attempt on Sasuke's body.

The argument that Orochimaru is the source of his senjutsu power will only persist now until the final remnants are extracted from Kabuto. It would have been an impressive accomplishment for him to explain how he was able to achieve the form without Orochimaru's assistance by relying on the perks he was given from Karin and Juugo's genetic material. A strength derived from the power of the younger generations instead. Oh well...

I was impressed that Kishi pointed out the striking resemblances that Kabuto has with Obito. Both of them had their sense of morality and self-hood twisted by manipulative relics of the past. Although Kabuto's loss of identity occurred over a much more gradual period of indoctrination under Danzo. The deaths of those close to them was a catalyst to them seeking alternative methods to fill a void in their life, but Obito's experiences with Madara prior to that were mostly filled with recuperation and anticipation of a return to his team.

Even the visuals of these two are similar. Ebony shaded pants that trail off above their ankles, exposed torsos with a surprisingly muscular physique, and noticeable irregularities in their bodies stemming from artificial enhancements that make them look like an unnaturally powerful mutant of science. Features that give an impression of two people that have survived trial and error to act in the culmination of every struggle endured before as a battle-hardened, finalistic warrior who has managed to survive death and push beyond the limits of human capacity both morally and scientifically.

I can't say that Kabuto's change was handled perfectly because there is still more that I think that could be done for him and I have grievances with the mantra that's preached like an overused sermon to get him and Tobi to convert but whatever. Kishi's word is the rule of law in this manga.

On another note, the confirmation of Minato's imperfect and imprecise senjutsu usage answers some hotly contested questions about his status compared to Naruto's. 

Did Guy use the 7th gate and not suffer severe damage? What happened to the rule of thumb that with a greater power came a harsher risk and penalty? It wasn't too long ago that Guy was unable to move a single part of his body without intense pain yet he's able to brush off those adverse effects now with just a few broken bones? It's like Kakashi's miraculous turn-around in chakra supply recently. The man who would collapse after just a few gazes with the MS active uses it like an out of style garment now with virtually no ramifications. 

Of course, Lee is completely unabated by the intensity of Madara's power. Chalk that up to his personality or the circumstances of his arrival if you want. 

I thought the rest of the chapter was surprisingly underwhelming. Guy's performance against Madara is being played up as an important game piece in the fight but it's just not that engrossing. Hopefully the 8th gate will prove more interesting.

Edited by Atheck, 05 March 2014 - 10:02 AM.

#42 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:58 AM

not sure if guy will get to go 8th gates as lee said tenten is trying ou a theory so Im thinking that sage tools will come and bite madara in the arse

#43 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

Weird, Madara just said he considered everyone peebles to him, yet he's wasting time dealing with them.  I thought for sure e'd try to go after the other eye.  However, he didn't make any plans to try to cross into the otherworld, using Ringa.  It's just suspicious how he's si calm when the other eye could be lost to him forever.  He knows Obito's situation.  Black Zetsu is the only thing keeping him alive, and is still currently Yin Kurama's jinchuuriki.  It's not like he's not aware of the chain of events if Obito were to extract it from Black Zetsu.to give to "that boy" in his perspective.  I'm sure things will tie together.  I just find it odd how he's so calm right now, when there's a certain amount of risk he could very well lose his other eye.  I guess he must place a great amount of trust in Black Zetsu to be able to handle it, even after he lost control of Obito's body.

Well, it was a long time coming, but it's confirmed now that the barefooted man is indeed Kabuto.  The chakra Karin sensed was indeed from all the DNA he injected into himself.  Suigetsu continues to bring the humor.  Also, interestingly, Orochimaru considers the Second Hokage to be his favorite.  I'm not sure if he was joking or not, but he also may have been serious.  Tobirama's jutsu is one of Orochimaru's greatest assets.

Well, this chapter in all was an explanation one for all the nagging questions people had, about what was going on over with Sasuke, how Kakashi took that Rasengan, and Minato's senjutsu, among others.  It was a bit irritating, because we left off as such a huge cliffhanger.  I mean was the steal enough time for Naruto to fully pass, and what's the purpose of them being in the otherworld?  Kishimoto had to have sent them there for a reason, and not just as a safeplace from Madara to do the transfer.  Really, what's the purpose of the otherworld?  Obito has been able to go back in forth between, but it's not his own personal world.  He didn't create it.  I believe it's always existed.  Really, how does this world function?  Are there really no people or some kind of diety occupying that space?

Anyway, good chapter.  Now, I'm even more eager for next chapter, as to know what is Naruto's condition.

#44 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

Well this was a good chapter. Kabuto returns saving sasuke, talking how Orochimaru used and still has sage mode (I wonder if he will fight madara?). Taka heartfelt and funny moments. I like how Kabuto and Obito were compared as victims of the shinobi world. Glad we have an explanation for Minato's sage mode. Loved team Gai moments I'm going to be sad to see Gai go. My only minor complaint is that Sakura didn't appear, oh well she might appaer next chapter if it isn't fully Gai focused or two. 

#45 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

I highly doubt we'll get an NS moment at this point....

eh10ut.jpg

#46 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

I highly doubt we'll get an NS moment at this point....

Why? 

43iduct.jpg

#47 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Crap... if we get anyone people dying, people are gonna start getting really mad. It's time to gather these up to make everyone feel better:

DragonBalls.jpg

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#48 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:10 AM

truth

Edited by Hanabi, 05 March 2014 - 09:10 AM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#49 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

So the mystery person is Kabuto after all. Not that much of a surprise since more than half the fandom was already calling it.

When it was shown some chapters back that Karin wasn't the barefoot person the only other person that I saw as a logical possibility was Kabuto, but I was holding my hopes up a little that Kishi would actually make a twist for it to be someone unexpected. I guess that's why when I saw the Kabuto reveal it felt somewhat underwhelming.

I'm ok with it being him, it's just not so exciting for me. Kabuto is an interesting character though, so I'm curious on what Kishi will do with him next.

Moving on to Gai, it seems he really is about to die. It has been long discussed whether Gai would eventually open the 8th gate and die as consequence, and it seems that idea will finally be realized. As much as I don't want to see Gai go I'm simultaneously curious to finally see the 8th gate in action, especially since it's been hyped to much for it's overwhelming power. It's one of those situation were you want and don't want at the same time.

Someone mentioned that Gai's reference of becoming a "red beast" and Madara's mention of using the "red steam" implies that in order to use the 8th gate Gai will have to evaporate his blood. I find that concept really nice, and it clearly establishes why anyone that uses that gate would die since they would literally run out of blood.

I feel really bad for Rock Lee though (and Tenten too), he lost his rival/friend just moments ago and now is about to loose his sensei. Although I have the feeling that Lee will be somewhat mature about the situation, even if he cries a little. Neji's death probably toughened him up, and Gai will probably give him some inspiring words before dying. Maybe something about entrusting the power of youth to Lee so that he can teach it to the next generation.

Maybe if Gai uses the 8th gate just for a very short period he might live. Maybe Naruto could arrive before he's forced to completely use all his life force. But that is just wishful thinking on my part that will probably not come true.

One that thing, what exactly is so important that Tenten needs to check? :lol:

#50 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

I don't think the 8th gate is something you can come back from. Red mist means blood, but even if you could survive 8th gate I still don't think now is the time to hold back given what's at stake.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#51 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:37 AM

I don't think the 8th gate is something you can come back from. Red mist means blood, but even if you could survive 8th gate I still don't think now is the time to hold back given what's at stake.

Which is the reason I said it was wishful thinking that will probably not happen. The 8th gate has been established as a death sentence.

#52 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

Told you that Gai had a death flag and srsly Karin being concerned about Sasuke at that level is pathetic.

Also next part is Sasuke awakening with Rinnegan.

Near Death experience + Senju DNA i know where this is going.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 05 March 2014 - 09:58 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#53 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

Very good chapter in my opinion, I found it somewhat interesting. So Kabuto is revealed as  the *Mystery Man* I'm actually happy since I wanted to see him make a return and breaking from Itachi's Izanami. Gai although didn't do much actually going 8 gates and prepared to die?! Dam, Team Guy is getting screwed up... Neji and now possibly Gai too. If he does die hopefully the 8 gates are really epic and he get's a beast moment. 

10wnpqp.jpg

#54 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

This chapter is a very good one.

I knew it was Kabuto ^^ It couldn't be no one else but him.

I like also that Kishi explained about Minato. It fits, so okay I'll accept it ^^

I like also that Kishi explained about Kabuto, but this one wasn't really needed IMO, it was really obvious.

I love the part with Gai. The fight will be cool.

Maybe Gai will not die and Naruto or Sasuke will save him ^^ (with their future new powers, they could be able to revive someone no ? lol)

My wait will become harder until next week, O_o I hope we'll see Naruto and Sakura................ LOL

Edited by Otaru, 05 March 2014 - 10:16 AM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#55 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

So does that mean opening the eighth gate is pretty much Kaioken?

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#56 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

Yes it is

After all, Kishi is a big fan of Dragon Ball

667 was the last of the tome ? Or will it be 668 ? I'm lost lol

Edited by Otaru, 05 March 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#57 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

I'm torn between not wanting Gai to die and wanting to see what all 8 gates being opened is like, if I remember properly wasn't it explained like a civilian could gain the power of a Kage using all 8? If so Gai will be amazing using them, and if Gai dies I'd put very good money on Kakashi dying too, they're just such perfect partners. opposites and friends that I can't see one living and the other not.

If Kishi wanted to have Guy use the 8th gate, it should've been in 614. Him dying to protect his students and carving a path for them to move on without him because Guy has nothing more left to teach them would've perfectly solidified Team Guy's character development. Not only that, Kakashi had yet to have his resolve 100% hardened against Obito, seeing another one of his friends dying again would've utterly broken him. Leaving the chapter on an emotional high. That, to me would've been perfect story-telling. 

Also, I really doubt Kakashi would just let Guy go off and do his own thing next chapter. The man is probably sick of people protecting/saving him all the time. There's no way he's about to let some one else die in front of his eyes again.

Edited by Codus N, 05 March 2014 - 11:10 AM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#58 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Well I did say I was expecting this to be a transition chapter with not much to happening but even less than I thought would happened actually took place, I thought we'd atleast get a tidbit of what is happening with Naruto, and no surprise to who the foot was, him and Karin were the only ones fighting barefoot, and him changing sides was again not surprising otherwise he'd be stuck in the Genjutsu still. Gai opening the final gate also not surprising considering he had to open Seven to battle Kisame, so someone like Madara you'd need All eight gates, It's a battle he can't really win, even with all eight gates, all he's essentially doing is buying them time until Naruto returns to the battlefield...Hopefully Naruto will be revived before he dies and can somehow save him...it would be wrong for the only two Konoha Ninja's with a name to die on the battlefied were both from Team Gai.

Only two real interesting tidbits I took away from the chapter is the fact Tenten needed the weapons to try something, and Minato's Senjutsu arm and Rasengan got sent to Kamui world where Naruto is, I have a feeling there was a reason for that, Maybe as it's been speculated once Obito transfers the Nine Tails to Naruto he will die and Naruto and Sakura will be stuck in the dimension or they'll need to battle the black Zetsu and have no way to get back...and the Senjutsu arm (remember Senjutsu is durable so it shouldn't turn to dust straight away) will be used like the Hirashim to pin point the location of Minato and go back to the battlefield. OR i'm completely off and nothing will happen.

Looks like I'll be raging in a few chapters, because it's looking more and more likely Sasuke will be getting the Rinnigan, honestly I don't understand who so many people put faith in him knowing full well his motives are still dodgy, I just wish for once Kishi made Sasuke prove he's worthy of such loyalty.

iAnby7W.gif

#59 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

Maybe Sasuke will get to see someone while he's dead, and maybe it will help him to be less lost.

#60 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

Excuse me but I think that some of you are too obsessed with pessimism. Now it isn't that if you don't see Naruto and Sakura this means also Kishimoto will make awakening Naruto off-panel (the same for Sasuke's part). Kishimoto is so predictable that in the end he did reveal that the mysterious barefoot man was nothing but Kabuto. Among other things, it's curious that Kishi have used here also a kinda sort of symbolism. Those who had challegend Naruto and Sasuke and especially started this ninja world war that is going throw it in despare, are respectively saving them (Naruto-Obito) and (Sasuke-Kabuto).

You can also notice a kinda similarity between them. Obito is practically a Naruto that, instead of taking a straigh path, took some rugged and difficult shortcuts.  Kabuto is like Sasuke, in some way... He, like Sasuke, lost the place that he considered as "home" (the orphanage), which is no other way to imply "a family". Just like Sasuke who has lost his family and his home (Konoha and the Uchiha clan) in order to chase a figure that has manipulated him all over the years (Itachi like Orochimaru did to Kabuto). Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Sasuke has become a good one but he's no loger the boy that has been used to be manipulated by others, but a one guy that is capable to understand and act by himself, wichi makes him even more dangerous than before. In addition, this was the last chapter of volume 69, I'm pretty sure that Kishimoto will devote an entire volume to the awakening of Naruto and Sasuke, in order to symbolize the yin&yang.

Just as it was so obvious that the mysterious barefoot man was Kabuto, now it becomes even more obvious that the mysterious old man that Naruto has met, mentioned in the recent preview from WSJ, is nothing more that Rikudou Sennin himself. Why? Because Naruto now has a bit of Ichibi's chakra (which he missed) then he's in possession of all the chakra of the 9 bijuus. Just as it's obvious that Sasuke will awaken the rinnegan, as stated before by dark... He has got Hashirama's cells and, from old madara's words, the rinnegan can be awarkened only after you had been really close to death.

Edited by 六道仙人, 05 March 2014 - 11:42 AM.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users