Close
Photo

What if Sakura fought Pain instead of Hinata...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#41 Change

Change

somebody who never wins

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • Interests:Peace
    Curl up, take a nap, and never wake up

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:18 AM

Sakura wouldn't even last for like 1 second.

If she didn't start up attacking Pain she would 

Edited by TheMagicConch, 08 August 2014 - 04:22 AM.

Posted Image

#42 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:50 AM

Why did she lie to him in the first place? Wasn't it all for her own selfish reasons?

Not at all. Didn't you listen to Sai's assessment? Sai said that the reason Sakura confessed was to ease Naruto's suffering. She felt full responsibility for Naruto's suffering about Sasuke because it was his promise to her which ended up sending him down his obsession with bringing back Sasuke. That is the basis of his sadness. What she hoped to achieve by her confession was to release Naruto of his promise and therefore make it so he wouldn't have to go after Sasuke anymore. By saying she was in love with Naruto and was over Sasuke, it would make her letting go of the promise seem more believable. That would first, end his suffering and pain at not being able to bring Sasuke back, and second, keep him from danger by going after Sasuke. So I don't see her confession as being selfish at all. It's done completely for Naruto's sake. It might not have been the smartest thing for her to do, but it was completely selfless and done BECAUSE she loved Naruto. However, when she realizes that Naruto is going after Sasuke not just because of the promise, she's can't continue with her plan of telling him of the rookies' decision to kill Sasuke. Why? Because she knew it would upset him and she couldn't stand to see him that way, especially since she wasn't able to soften the blow with her confession as she planned.

Edited by Win-chan, 08 August 2014 - 04:54 AM.

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#43 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

1.) What would Sakura be able to do? Her specialty is medical ninjutsu, she's not the type to just jump into battle, at that time anyway. And
2.) Naruto went 8-tails, not 6.

he went 6 tails not 8 tails.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#44 Kyaerai

Kyaerai

My faith in humanity.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:21 PM

he went 6 tails not 8 tails.

Woops.

WqQwzgf.gif

#45 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:21 PM

She would have died

/thread

eh10ut.jpg

#46 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:47 PM

naw, Naruto would have pulled some Super Saiyan kitten and bust them poles off him, if it was Sakura-Chan but since it was Hinata he just stood wide eyes probably not because she said I love you but more because she was so bold lol.

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

#47 Kyaerai

Kyaerai

My faith in humanity.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

naw, Naruto would have pulled some Super Saiyan kitten and bust them poles off him, if it was Sakura-Chan but since it was Hinata he just stood wide eyes probably not because she said I love you but more because she was so bold lol.

I'm debating whether or not you like Hinata...

WqQwzgf.gif

#48 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

She's a medic ninja she's supposed to survive and stay outta the fights.

#49 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:35 AM

I hate Hinata.You need to read my post a little more carefully and see what I said. I said if it Sakura-Chan who would have gotten hurt by Pein in the same fashion as Hinata, Naruto would have bust those poles off of him, but since it was only Hinata, Naruto just stood there wide eyed witnessing everything lol and was probably shocked because he ain't know Hinata would do something like that.

#50 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

Sakura wouldn't even last for like 1 second.

Oh really? And how do you know this? We never saw Sakura take on Pein. Nobody can tell how she would have fared.

No need to make such ridiculous assumed statements.

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#51 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:47 AM

I will say it is impossible, because unlike Hinata sakura doesn't has byakugan. In order to monitor what happen in naru vs pain she need to ask a hyuga help. While Hinata has the benefit of byakugan and has naruto tunnel vision. She made a run knowing naruto will die to make a confession or more like proclamation of love because that was the last time(she thought) she will saw naruto. Sakura limit vision always emphasize by kishi in this arc too.
She's not a sensor.

Now let say sakura somehow happen in Hinata situation.
We should consider :
1. Sakura doesn't love naruto at that time, so don't expect a confession or proclamation of love.
2. Never hurt sakura in front of naruto because the last time someone do that to sakura, he became a kage...ee I mean he got his ass beaten badly.
3. Naruto love sakura, what do you think minato will say to his son that kushina parallel get hurt :zaru: ?

#52 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

Sakura is a difficult teenager her feelings are clouded

#53 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

Sakura is stronger then Hinata, say whatever you want but her feats throughout the manga have proven this.

She would not have been able to beat pain, but I think it is safe to say she could last longer then Hinata under the simple fact that she is smarter / stronger than her.

Not calling Hinata weak either.

#54 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

But NH fans say otherwise meaning their saying Sakura is not stronger than Hinata

#55 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

She made a run knowing naruto will die to make a confession or more like proclamation of love because that was the last time(she thought) she will saw naruto. Sakura limit vision always emphasize by kishi in this arc too.
She's not a sensor.

This is all absolutely true in the technical sense.  However, in my opinion, the biggest reasons for the difference in how the girls would/did react in the Pain arc are trust, experienceand focus.

Hinata ran in because she was not focused on her own responsibilities, and she did not trust Naruto to handle the situation because she has no experience with his abilities or the fact that he is the number one unpredictable ninja.

In contrast, Sakura was focused on her responsibility to triage casualties at the hospital.  While she no doubt would have been concerned for Naruto had she known his precise circumstances, she wasn't watching him every second because she had trust in him through her experience as his teammate and friend.

I don't believe Sakura could have beaten Pain either, power- or skill-wise, but I think it is unlikely that she would have interfered without some kind of plan or at least belief that she could make an actual difference in the fight.  

I think Sakura would have at least gone for the chakra rods that had immobilized Naruto, rather than simply resort to a remarkably emotional and ill-conceived grandstanding confrontation with Pain.

Sakura is stronger then Hinata, say whatever you want but her feats throughout the manga have proven this.

True story.  And she's not just stronger physically, but she has a lot more confidence and guts than Hinata.  There's no contest.

#56 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

Sakura wouldn't throw herself out their like that. She's not suicidal in that kinda way when she would just toss her own life away. She's pretty intelligent to, so I think she would most likely come up with some type of plan before she would rush out there. And I'm positive that Sakura would've been able to last a little bit longer than Hinata. Its been shown throughout the series numerous times that she's not some weak Kunoichi who can't handle her own battles if needed.
tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

#57 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

I'm debating whether or not you like Sakura.

#58 Arachnia

Arachnia

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:24 PM

i am not gonna touch this subject with a ten-foot pole

Edited by Arachnia, 10 August 2014 - 09:26 PM.

#59 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

I mean Naruto beat Neji at the chuunin exams when Neji was using the byuakugan so I don't see how Sakura could be Hinata?

#60 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:58 AM

Guys, can you see this?

http://kitsunescythe...g-War-474974136

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic