144 replies to this topic

#41 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:59 AM

Minato was the only one who knew about Madara's existence (even if he shrugged the possibilit) the third never found out from the looks of it otherwise he would have prepare himself and the village for this threat. We will find out in the next chapter.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#42 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 16 2010, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Minato was the only one who knew about Madara's existence (even if he shrugged the possibilit) the third never found out from the looks of it otherwise he would have prepare himself and the village for this threat. We will find out in the next chapter.

no, obviously Kushina knew as well since this is her telling the story.

#43 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (narukunsakuchan @ Jul 15 2010, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm good chapter, I was a bit confused that they were still adressing sarutobi as hokage, but I went back and reread that it was third hokage and I guess even if he is done he still has that title.

It's sort of like how people still address George Bush and Bill Clinton and Mr. President. They may not be the newest or the current President, but they won the title and still receive the honor. Sandaime will always be the Third Hokage of Konoha, even if Minato is the 4th. Since he's still alive, it's respectful to refer to him as Hokage-sama. Also, it looks like he's still buring the midnight oil with paperwork. Maybe he was also helping Minato out taking care of some Hokage duties while Minato was busy preparing for Naruto's birth. I guess they have paternity leave in the shinobi world. laugh.gif

My first thought about the entire "Where in the world are Fugaku and Mikoto?" was that they might be on a date night. But a part of me wonders if the Uchiha clan are involved with or at least know about Madara's coup attempt. Could it be possible that Itachi finds out about what his parents and clan did to help bring the Kyuubi to Konoha? Is that one of the reasons why Itachi starts getting as messed up as he is?

I loved watching Minato fight in this chapter. All of his movements are so efficient and there is nothing wasted in whatever he does. He's very much a powerhouse like Naruto, but in a different way. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the flashback plays out.
End of line.

#44 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (AchikaMiyu @ Jul 16 2010, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's sort of like how people still address George Bush and Bill Clinton and Mr. President. They may not be the newest or the current President, but they won the title and still receive the honor. Sandaime will always be the Third Hokage of Konoha, even if Minato is the 4th. Since he's still alive, it's respectful to refer to him as Hokage-sama. Also, it looks like he's still buring the midnight oil with paperwork. Maybe he was also helping Minato out taking care of some Hokage duties while Minato was busy preparing for Naruto's birth. I guess they have paternity leave in the shinobi world. laugh.gif

My first thought about the entire "Where in the world are Fugaku and Mikoto?" was that they might be on a date night. But a part of me wonders if the Uchiha clan are involved with or at least know about Madara's coup attempt. Could it be possible that Itachi finds out about what his parents and clan did to help bring the Kyuubi to Konoha? Is that one of the reasons why Itachi starts getting as messed up as he is?

I loved watching Minato fight in this chapter. All of his movements are so efficient and there is nothing wasted in whatever he does. He's very much a powerhouse like Naruto, but in a different way. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the flashback plays out.

If the Uchiha clan knew of Madara's existence and his plot to destroy Konoha they would have interfere and try to stop him. Remember that this is all happening before the Uchiha massacre which means that they were still loyal to the village. It was Madara's fault that the Uchiha were blamed for the Kyuubi's attack leading the elders to make the decision to have the clan watched which lead to Itachi becoming their spy. Itachi was the only one from the clan who knew that Madara was alive although I don't know if he did told the third maybe he did but he certaintly told Danzo. Then again maybe the third did knew Madara was alive from Itachi we may get some answers next chapter Kishi is finally telling all the secrets from the the Kyuubi's attack.

Edited by Gravenimage, 16 July 2010 - 01:14 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#45 RikutoShika

RikutoShika

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:hmm...umm,I like : <br />-Listenin to Music<br />-Reading manga<br />-Watching anime<br />-Hanging out with my friends<br />-Soccer

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

fu.png the only thing that i could think of after reading this chapter was that Madara had just got PWND wow.png
JenvsHenra.pngQOKznxM.gif

#46 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (RikutoShika @ Jul 16 2010, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fu.png the only thing that i could think of after reading this chapter was that Madara had just got PWND wow.png

Lol, don't count Madara out yet. He survived Hirashima and got this far, he's probably got more tricks up his sleeves.

#47 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 16 2010, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the Uchiha clan knew of Madara's existence and his plot to destroy Konoha they would have interfere and try to stop him. Remember that this is all happening before the Uchiha massacre which means that they were still loyal to the village. It was Madara's fault that the Uchiha were blamed for the Kyuubi's attack leading the elders to make the decision to have the clan watched which lead to Itachi becoming their spy. Itachi was the only one from the clan who knew that Madara was alive although I don't know if he did told the third maybe he did but he certaintly told Danzo. Then again maybe the third did knew Madara was alive from Itachi we may get some answers next chapter Kishi is finally telling all the secrets from the the Kyuubi's attack.

Also possible that they knew of Madara's plan, but weren't ready to support it actively. But also didn't do anything to stop it, as it (likely) would put the Uchiha clan in power. In which case, their passive support for Madara was the red flag for the Leaf elders.

I'm wondering if there might be more than a few Uchihas still out there. Madara could have used his dimension/vacuum-sucking eye to keep them in storage. In the aftermath of a clan massacre, a few well placed bloody torn clothes might mislead authorities into thinking they were hit with a detonation or disintegrating jutsu. (Although, between Sasuke and Kabuto's zombie army, Akatsuki is not in as bad a shape as they were at the Kage conference.)

#48 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:17 PM

I think Madara will be beated but he'll leave telling Minato this isn't over and phase away. Minato will go back to Naruto and Kushina and i don't know what they'll say on leading the kyuubi being sealed in Naruto.

#49 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

meeehh.
It was okey sleep.gif
BUT MINATO IS SO COOL
*cough&hawtcough*
I also liked the first page with Itachi comforting baby Sasuke. (:

*sigh
poor little,innocent baby...
He doesn't know what awful path he will take ):

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#50 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Puni~Chan(: @ Jul 16 2010, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
meeehh.
It was okey sleep.gif
BUT MINATO IS SO COOL
*cough&hawtcough*
I also liked the first page with Itachi comforting baby Sasuke. (:

*sigh
poor little,innocent baby...
He doesn't know what awful path he will take ):

It goes to show you how the path of hatred and revenge can change and corrupt someone's heart. It's the same with Orochimaru how much he changed when his parents died, or when Nagato lost both his parents and Yahiko and of course Sasuke losing his clan at the hands of his older brother who he cared a lot and finding out the painful truth about his actions.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#51 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

Madara Uchiha, the first ninja to survive a rasengan to the spine, lol. Bravo to this villain haha

#52 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

Good chapter.

Minato was cool and stuff.

Madara is an excellent villain.

Looking forward to the next one.

Edited by K9ofChaos, 16 July 2010 - 08:18 PM.

#53 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:47 PM

My video review.

Edited by NuclearRaven, 16 July 2010 - 08:48 PM.

Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#54 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 16 2010, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, don't count Madara out yet. He survived Hirashima and got this far, he's probably got more tricks up his sleeves.

Hashirama lol. I don't think even the Juubi could survive Hiroshima!

#55 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:03 PM

Really don't get why some people didn't like this chapter, is was an excellent read, sure it seems short, but thats the only bad thing here. This is something many fans have waited the entire series to see.

#56 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

Hahahahahaha. Yeah, thanks for the spelling correction. Hashirama Senju.
NuclearRaven, the unpleasable critic.

#57 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

I wonder if...I wonder if this supports the "Obito = Tobi/Madara" theory. I can't explain why or have any proof, but that theory might play well with this. Minato seemed to know Madara pretty well when he took off his hood. The way the dialouge is to be believed.

I will wait on this one. The whole "Madara is somehow using Obito's body" theory might still hold water.

Has Minato ever met Madara? I am sure he would have read about him in books or from school, but the way Minato reacted seemed...a little off to just be "Madara is back from the grave."

BTW, I so want Naruto to learn that jutsu his father does. If he had that, even Sasuke wouldn't be able to beat hm.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 16 July 2010 - 09:19 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#58 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 16 2010, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahahahahaha. Yeah, thanks for the spelling correction. Hashirama Senju.
NuclearRaven, the unpleasable critic.

I'm very pleaseable. Go check out my other chapter reviews. XD. Anyway I just want these flashbacks to end already. I want to get back to the island, find out what's going on with Kisame and see what's going on about the whole war. If Kishi can do this than I'll be more than happy.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#59 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:45 PM

Cherish the flashback, for it may be the only one we get....

#60 Myth

Myth

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:11 PM

a very nice chapter,kishi is amazing.
İn order to survive,we cling to all we know and understand and we label it reality but knowledge and understanding are ambiguous that reality could be an illusion, all humans live with the wrong assumptions isnt that another way of looking at it.

UCHİHA İTACHİ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users