lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:54 PM

I can't be the only one that thought of that when I saw it sad.gif

Lolz, not anymore biggrin.gif
"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#42 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jun 1 2011, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like this is going pretty much as I expected - Tsunade is more open to letting Naruto through, while the Raikage is being stubborn.

I like the way Kishimoto is talking up Kyuubi Naruto from Tsunade's viewpoint - the fact he succeeded in controlling it, the sheer amount of chakra he has, plus the fact that he's now joint-fastest shinobi in the world with the Raikage himself.

However, I do feel disappointed that the Raikage already knows Naruto's parentage. I dearly hope that, when Naruto makes it to the battlefield, we don't get the Konoha 11 saying "Oh, we already know that the Yondaime is your dad." The Kyuubi revelation back at the beginning of Part 2 was a disappointment (Sakura and the others already knowing about it), and I don't want to see a repeat of that. Whatever happened to surprises, Kishimoto?

However, Tsunade was surprised that Naruto spoke as if he had met his parents (which he did, as we readers know). I wonder if we'll get a small moment where Naruto confirms he met his parents, before he dashes off to battle?

I think the Raikage does care about Bee, he's just covering it up with convenient excuses. I doubt he'd be OK with killing Bee, and that's why he chose Naruto. Sure, there's the battle prowess excuse he used, but he also hasn't spent half of his life growing up with Naruto, like he has with Bee.

I'm sure the flashback won't be too long, it should be just a short scene showing the bond between the Raikage and Bee. I'd expect to see Naruto hunting Zetsus the week after next. happy.gif

Sakura didn't know about it tell Naruto told her he was the kyuubi. so you're wrong there.

expect him to hunt Madara not Zetsus

#43 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

someone noticed that Naruto takes a super punch from the Raikage and was far less damaged than Sasuke? with Susano's and all ...

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog
My Twitter: @themanara

#44 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ Jun 1 2011, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura didn't know about it tell Naruto told her he was the kyuubi. so you're wrong there.

expect him to hunt Madara not Zetsus

Incorrect. If you go back and read that part, you will see:

Naruto: Sakura-chan, you know already, right?
Sakura: !

Sakura was surprised that Naruto suspected that she already knew, and showed no surprise when Naruto announced that he was the Kyuubi's Jinchuuriki. Instead, she shows a pensive and thoughtful face as she remembers Naruto's hard childhood. I believe it was later confirmed that every Konoha ninja is told the truth about Naruto once they gain Chuunin rank.

The Zetsus is the more immediate threat for now, as they are killing ninja in and around the medical base. Naruto is the only one who can tell the difference between the real ninja and the cloned ones. Remember, the Zetsus can create perfect copies, right down to their chakra coils, and the only way to spot them is if they are behaving strangely - and it's often too late by then.

So, Zetsus first, to stop all the ninjas dying, then it's Madara.

#45 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:50 PM

Well, Sakura didn't know about Naruto's Jinchuuriki status until that scene when Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, and Temari were on their way to Suna during the Rescue Gaara arc and Naruto said something along the lines of how he knows Gaara's feelings because of his status as Kyuubi's jinchuuriki.

#46 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:54 PM

No she knew, and Narutos words confirm that much. haivng him actually admit to it though is something else entirely.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#47 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jun 1 2011, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Incorrect. If you go back and read that part, you will see:

Naruto: Sakura-chan, you know already, right?
Sakura: !

Sakura was surprised that Naruto suspected that she already knew, and showed no surprise when Naruto announced that he was the Kyuubi's Jinchuuriki. Instead, she shows a pensive and thoughtful face as she remembers Naruto's hard childhood. I believe it was later confirmed that every Konoha ninja is told the truth about Naruto once they gain Chuunin rank.

Not that I recall. And look above to what you just quoted with the conversation between Naruto and Sakura. And Kakashi repeats what was said in part 1, Naruto being a jinchuuriki was top secret, Sakura didn't even know the word still and didn't fully know the process of how a person becomes one. I don't think the others knew yet at all. Kishimoto gives you insight into Sakura's reaction. The only other person he spends any significant time showing a reaction is Sasuke.

That's the lines I was talking about that sounded like Naruto guessed Sakura had looked into his top secret files and knew the truth. Kakashi doesn't bat an eye either so he probably suspected that too. I figure what happened was after the rescue Gaara arc it was just decided to finally let all of Naruto's friends know. (don't know if Konohamaru knew before the Pain arc though.)
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#48 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,845 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:17 PM

Just for the knowledge of the other people like the Konoha 11 knowing Naruto's a jinchuuriki... there was a filler episode that Sai blurted out to the others.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#49 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:23 PM

Hell yeah...Bee is ounce again one of my favorites. If that is his real name though.

And on Sakura...she is Tsunade's main apprentice, so obviously she commands the medical corps.

Edited by Strangelove, 01 June 2011 - 09:28 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#50 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 1 2011, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just for the knowledge of the other people like the Konoha 11 knowing Naruto's a jinchuuriki... there was a filler episode that Sai blurted out to the others.

Remember anime filler isn't canon...
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#51 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:45 PM

Glad to see Bee have Naruto's back here, I hope the next chap isn't just a flashback though. I like that Naruto seems very mentally strong here, knowing exactly what he needs to do, he seems even more sure then when he came back from his sage training.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#52 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

Liked the chapter, Alot of emotion between Naruto and Tsunade, when he looked at her and was like granny.... that got to me. And We got to see Sakura in her own panel and being last. Naruto you sly fox.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#53 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

Liked the chapter, I noticed Sai didn't get invited to the bath house lol.

I can hear the flashback haters going full tilt already.

another thing I noticed was my eyes were drawn to Sakura in the colour page but maybe I am biased

The difference between Naruto and Sasuke --Click here to view--
Something I was thinking about as I was walking to work today, the major difference between the two is Naruto has to work hard for everything he gets but Sasuke has everything handed to him. I think this is a important thing Kishimoto is showing, though it leads to people saying how much he loves Sasuke. He is showing that Naruto will be stronger because of his hard work. or maybe my walk to work is too long and I start to think of stupid stuff

Edited by Verilance, 01 June 2011 - 10:28 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#54 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Jun 1 2011, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Liked the chapter, I noticed Sai didn't get invited to the bath house lol.

I can hear the flashback haters going full tilt already.

another thing I noticed was my eyes were drawn to Sakura in the colour page but maybe I am biased

The difference between Naruto and Sasuke --Click here to view--
Something I was thinking about as I was walking to work today, the major difference between the two is Naruto has to work hard for everything he gets but Sasuke has everything handed to him. I think this is a important thing Kishimoto is showing, though it leads to people saying how much he loves Sasuke. He is showing that Naruto will be stronger because of his hard work. or maybe my walk to work is too long and I start to think of stupid stuff

Thats always been an intregal part of Naruto's character. I personally can relate to that. When I read fanfics, its such a disappointment for people to write Naruto as the cool, overpowered guy who every female is suddenly in love with. His charm is that he is a different type of lead who started off as the loser, but hardly pitied himself.
\

#55 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:25 AM

Nice to see Sakura getting her own panel ^.^ as it should be. Main female character gets main male character, it's only suiting xD.

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#56 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Manara @ Jun 1 2011, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not much to say about this chapter beyond what has been said, plus: Tsunade is disappointing for me. Why she do not defends Naruto? That is Naruto, the boy she believes so much.

The Raikage's dare to say all that nonsense about Minato not be the boy of the prophecy and she just sits quiet. That is so out of her character. She does not usually take down a "insult" like taht. And she is always so proud of Naruto. Might as well have yelled something like "Do not talk about what you do not know,you know nothing about Naruto! ".

But since she woke up everything she does is watch and obdecer the plans of the alliance. I hope she will surprise us, because she is the more strong, independent and bold Kunoishi.

Kakashi would not allow something like that against Naruto. Even if he need to broke the rules.

Kishi is disappointed me with the treatment he has given to various female characters.

You need to keep in mind that the Raikage is trying to do what is best for the entire ninja world. We may hate him for it, but he was chosen to lead the entire Alliance for a reason: he has the makings of a great military leader. Tsunade is doing what she has to. We need to escape the illusion that Naruto is the only one everyone cares about. This is a battle for their lives and nations; Naruto and Bee just happen to be the keys to the enemies' success.
Tsunade may believe in Naruto, but she's doing what she has to to protect everyone.
In addition, the Raikage may not know enough about Naruto, but he knows plenty about the situation they're in, and that's what's most important here.
And I beg to differ, Kakashi would try to do what is best for everyone. He would try to avoid killing Naruto at all costs, but if the chips were ever down and there was no other choice, although he would hate it, Kakashi would do what is best.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#57 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jun 1 2011, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I beg to differ, Kakashi would try to do what is best for everyone. He would try to avoid killing Naruto at all costs, but if the chips were ever down and there was no other choice, although he would hate it, Kakashi would do what is best.

"Ninja who break the rules and regulations are scum. But ninja who abandon their friends...are worse than scum."

Hmm, it's hard to say what Kakashi would do, considering he'd be abandoning his friends either way. For some reason I can see him siding with Naruto though.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#58 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jun 1 2011, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Ninja who break the rules and regulations are scum. But ninja who abandon their friends...are worse than scum."

Hmm, it's hard to say what Kakashi would do, considering he'd be abandoning his friends either way. For some reason I can see him siding with Naruto though.

That quote doesn't apply here because there's no "rules" involved in any of this. It's either "live" or "die", nothing else. He'd do what he'd have to do to keep everyone safe. He would try to avoid abandoning anyone, but sometimes sacrifices need to be made.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#59 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:18 AM

Well overall I really liked this chapter. The battle between Naruto and the Raikage went pretty much the way I had expected. Just a little "friendly sparring". biggrin.gif
However, I was just a little taken aback by A's behaviour. I didn't expect him to be THAT rough against Naruto and Bee and the fact that they are jincjuriki. But then again, it is probably needed. As selfless and heroic as Naruto is, he also sometimes needs a reality check. I also really liked the way Tsunade was portrayed here. That little exchange between her and Naruto really tucked at my heartstrings.

The whole montage showing the K11 and how they were all fully engaged in the war, juxtapositioned with Naruto's speech was also very powerful. It really shows just how far they have evolved since their genin days. And then of course we get to see Sakura Chan being an awesome leader, or so it seems at least. She has a bright future ahead of her. cool.gif

I just hope that the next couple of chapters don't become way too overloaded with flashbacks, despite the fact that I really do want to know more about A and Bee's relationship. Especially now that it is revealed that they are not actually blood brothers.

Edited by TerrorKing, 02 June 2011 - 01:18 AM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#60 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:27 AM

Tsunade what are you doing?! Nothing?! Just waiting for the Raikage to kill Naruto?! Some Hokage you are hm.png

Edited by Cupcake-chan, 02 June 2011 - 01:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users