Chapter 488 Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#41 LazyMuser

LazyMuser

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, singing, drawing, writing, hiking, adventuring, music, plays and what not. Mostly anything art like plus Basketball and Hockey. :)

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (JG111580 @ Mar 24 2010, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will Tsunade and/or Sakura face Katutomaru? Tsunade knows both medical ninjutsu and Orochimaru better than anyone in that world. She is probably the best candidate to confront him.

Very interesting....

I think it would be really awesome if Tsunade and Sakura fought together! It'd be pretty epic. biggrin.gif

#42 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:03 AM

Kind of nice that Tsunade's awake now. Though I don't think it completely blows the idea of Kakashi as Hokage. After all, she's still probably weak and needs to recover. She can't fight at her full strength yet. She may also push for Kakashi as the next Hokage so she can focus on other things, like maybe training Sakura some more and giving her a power-up.

I also liked how they brought in the daimyo's. I wonder if part of the whole changing of the shinobi system will also involve them in some way? Was it the Chunin exams that stated something along the line of the daimyo's use their own countries shinobis to try and one-up each other or am I making that up? err.gif

So Sakura must be a real knock-out. She made four guys and a dog pass-out, one of those guys being Naruto. tongue.gif
End of line.

#43 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:31 AM

It's nice to see peace return to the Naruto universe for once. The way things used to be.

Naruto addicted to ramon.
Sakura admiring his goofiness and strength
The others thinking "How can this idiot be our saviour?"

I am happy. This chapter made me happy even if it didn't have a big NaruSaku moment.

I wonder if either Shikamaru or Sakura is going to follow Naruto to the ramon place.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#44 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (AchikaMiyu @ Mar 24 2010, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So Sakura must be a real knock-out. She made four guys and a dog pass-out, one of those guys being Naruto. tongue.gif

Lol, nice. And so very true wink.gif

#45 dfammer

dfammer

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:35 AM

As long as it isn't Hinata I will be happy. a_thumbs.gif

#46 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:38 AM

you know if shikamaru is supposed to be narutos confident I could believe him telling it over ramen lol
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#47 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Mar 24 2010, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's nice to see peace return to the Naruto universe for once. The way things used to be.

Naruto addicted to ramon.
Sakura admiring his goofiness and strength
The others thinking "How can this idiot be our saviour?"

I am happy. This chapter made me happy even if it didn't have a big NaruSaku moment.

I wonder if either Shikamaru or Sakura is going to follow Naruto to the ramon place.

Yeah i feel the same, Sakura is showing more signs of loving part 1 Naruto "for who he really is." Just more signs of danarusakunp3.gif becoming canon. happy.gif Perhaps Sakura will special treat Naruto with ramon without interuptions this time. biggrin.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 25 March 2010 - 03:53 AM.

#48 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:06 AM

I might be overthinking this but I'm looking at Hinata in the panels. In the first one she's looking at Sakura almost suspiciously, 2nd panel she's deformed and third panel she has the same look as Sakura. I'm sorry but something is biting me about this.

Let's not forget Tsunade has considerably weakened and shortened her lifespan by using her jutsu at full effect during the Invasion/Surprise Gravity Shift attack. Kabutomaru is involved with the story still or else we wouldn't have the reference. I say he goes after Sasuke first, then Naruto.

It would be cool if right on the precipice of Naruto changing Sasuke back to good Kabuto shows up and kills him. That probably won't happen.

#49 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:33 AM

Well this is definitely a good chapter over all. And to answer about the satellites and televisions, in one of kishimotos old interviews he said that the naruto universe had alot of similar technology excluding weapons like guns bombs etc. so it is plausible based on what he said.
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#50 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Mar 25 2010, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I might be overthinking this but I'm looking at Hinata in the panels. In the first one she's looking at Sakura almost suspiciously, 2nd panel she's deformed and third panel she has the same look as Sakura. I'm sorry but something is biting me about this.

Let's not forget Tsunade has considerably weakened and shortened her lifespan by using her jutsu at full effect during the Invasion/Surprise Gravity Shift attack. Kabutomaru is involved with the story still or else we wouldn't have the reference. I say he goes after Sasuke first, then Naruto.

It would be cool if right on the precipice of Naruto changing Sasuke back to good Kabuto shows up and kills him. That probably won't happen.

Exactly. Which is why I think Tsunade will hand over the position to Kakashi. IMO, I'd say she doesn't have much time left, I'd say she so much of her lifespan that she now only has a year left. 2 at max. Therefore, forcing her to retire.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#51 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Mar 24 2010, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone notice that Kishi seems to have draw Hinata poorly with each panel? huh.gif in the three panels she appeared she looks so small not to mention she didn't said a word to the conversation. I'm beginning to think that Kishi probably put her there with the purpose to have all of the rookies present that's all.

Or maybe to break her hero worshiping of Naruto- she looked frankly quite irritated at Naruto's words. First time I've ever Hinata look at Naruto without a blush, and first time she looked at him straight on as well. I think she's doing a bit of moving on with her feelings.

Sakura on the other hand looked very concerned for Naruto through the whole scene, and told a bit of an exaggeration for Naruto's sake when she defended Naruto in front of the others- saying Madara was there, when he didn't show up until the end.

I'm really glad Tsunade is awake. I knew with it being a coma she would wake up at some point. That will ease Sakura's emotional burdens a bit, and I'd love to see Tsunade and Sakura have a conversation.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#52 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:09 AM

Great chapter, can't wait for next week. Naruto is so grown up, and now hes hiding something from everyone. He even says he can't defeat Sasuke, this I don't understand. I mean, I understand the fact that Naruto won't be able to use the Kyuubi in a fight against Sasuke is understandable. But he needs something, something more than sage mode, and now I'm starting to think that Kishi will give him something other than the Kyuubi's strength.

#53 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:46 AM

damn lol I had a random thought, what if it took sasuke a few years to master his eyes so it allowed there to be like a 2 year time skip or something? so we could go into a part 3? I think it would be kewl if it happened like that and it would allow madara time to regroup the akatsuki.

#54 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:32 AM

I honestly have to say first off, how can any of you guys comment so strongly on the fact that Hinata looks disapproving of Naruto. I can hardly tell what facial expression she's making, the images of her are so poorly drawn. All the panels with her in it, she's a secondary character in the background and not the main person talking.

Anyway getting past that. I definitely agree with Naruto assumption of his power in comparison to Sasuke at this moment. I would say if Naruto arrived like he did originally fresh, while Sasuke had been fatigued by prior fights then probably he might of won, especially with Kakashi helping him. Then again the poison in Sakura's kundai would have made him unable to fight anyway.

But if Naruto and Sasuke both started at 100%, Sasuke would win. I'm sure their brief clashes that they had should have been enough to tell him how close their power levels are. Which is why he stated what he did.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#55 Proforce

Proforce

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

I've been lurking around for a while now but recent events have forced me to de-lurk. So Naruto says the next time he faces Sasuke they're both going to die. He says he's not strong enough to beat Sasuke. We've seen this before, and both times we have it ended the same way, which is why I expect Naruto to be planning it as well. Three words for you all:

Reaper.

Death.

Seal.

Minato used it when he realized he could not beat Kyuubi and Sarutobi used it when he realized he could not beat Orochimaru. Things happen in threes, don't they?

#56 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (The Notorious L.I.D. @ Mar 24 2010, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty interesting chapter to end an arc, glad that Tsunade is coming back, I also love how they have TVs and satellite dishes

Yes, the have TV's and Satellite communication (and the ability to record it), but have no conceived of the internal combustion engine.

#57 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:57 AM

I brought this up in the N/S debate thread. But anyone notice that this chapter is the first time that Naruto is facing Hinata since her confession 51 chapters ago? The fact that she didn't blushed looking at him, or said a word to him, or that Naruto didn't even looked at her it's pretty clear to say that Kishi has no intention to have an answer to her confession. N/H fans will have to keep on waiting like they did with part 1. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 25 March 2010 - 11:58 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#58 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

I don't think Kishi will be messing around in romance for a while. Right now we have all these unanswered questions like:

what will Kabuto do?

what will Tsunade do?

when will Kisame attack?

when will Sasuke attack?

what is Naruto hiding?

will Naruto learn to control the Kyuubi and if so when will he be granted the key?

what power did Itachi give Naruto?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, on the topic of romance. I could be wrong about Kishi not worrying about the romance right now. Who knows, maybe Sakura will confront Naruto about her confession (doubt it), maybe they will become canon soon, hard to tell what could happen next.

#59 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

Graven, please don't be so condescending towards other fandoms. You know the rules.

But I do think it's interesting that Hinata got no emphasis whatsoever. Like someone mentioned before, the only part she played was as a background to show that all the rookies were there.

Though, why am I getting a feeling that she might follow Naruto to Ichiraku's? //shot

Well, even if she does, focus will go right back on Tsunade. Naruto might not even make it to Ichiraku's. Either way, he's got to go see Tsunade eventually. And guess who else will be there?

#60 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Proforce @ Mar 25 2010, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been lurking around for a while now but recent events have forced me to de-lurk. So Naruto says the next time he faces Sasuke they're both going to die. He says he's not strong enough to beat Sasuke. We've seen this before, and both times we have it ended the same way, which is why I expect Naruto to be planning it as well. Three words for you all:

Reaper.

Death.

Seal.

Minato used it when he realized he could not beat Kyuubi and Sarutobi used it when he realized he could not beat Orochimaru. Things happen in threes, don't they?

That's a good point, though we haven't seen Naruto using any fuuinjutsu so far in the entire series, at least not that I remember. It would be something that would have to be given to him willingly, and since only the Hokage's have used it in the past, I doubt it's a technique that Tsunade or Kakashi (whoever is Hokage) will part with easily. Unless there actually is another time skip, at least a minimum of 6 months or so, I doubt even Naruto would be confident to use it. The only way I see him using it is if he learns Hiraishin first.

(Random thought, is it really called the Hiraishin? I don't remember reading that in anything but fanfiction, now that I think about it.)

As an aside... Naruto really needs a promotion. I mean, he brought down Pain one on one (well, 7, technically) and no one else even came close. I know Naruto probably doesn't think much of it, he'd likely be willing to go straight from Genin to Hokage... but I still think he should move up at least one spot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users