#41 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Dec 26 2012, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe I'm taking this too seriously. Perhaps you're right. I'm just so unbelievably annoyed at all of the panel time she's been getting while Sakura has been off to the side. I understand that Hinata needs development, but she's been getting a irritably larger amount of focus than any of the other characters that are in need of just as much, if not more, development than her. What happened to TenTen, Shino, Rock Lee, Kiba, or even Ino? Kishimoto said that all of our favorite characters were going to get time to shine, so shouldn't that be evenly distributed amongst the side characters that haven't really had focus throughout the series? I've never liked Hinata because she's always been a really pathetic character. She's weak, she can't fight, she always gets in the way, and yet, whenever she says she's going to change that about herself, she never does. I don't feel that she deserves the amount screentime that she's been getting at all, whether it's to develop her character or not.

Tenten, Shino, and Kiba have received almost no screen time at all; although I can understand why they wouldn't since they're arguably the most forgettable of the K11. Ino on the other hand has had plenty of it alongside her teammates throughout the entire war. More than any of the other rookies, in fact. For alot of people the Hyugas are some of the favorite characters. Partially because of their various personalities but also because of their personalities. I think Kishi understands that Neji and Hinata in particular are highly cherished characters and that's the reason why they're receiving so much focus. Well that alongside the fact that Hinata is one of the major contenders in the pairing wars. I think this is Kishi's way of acknowledging and resolving her character.

I wouldn't exactly call Hinata weak. She's determined and she can be useful at times but her abilities are inferior to all of the other Hyuga on the battlefield. I think that's why she was relegated to the back while Hiashi and Neji handled the brunt of the Mokuton projectiles. Anything that happens to bypass the dual Kaiten, which was few and far between mind you, will be repelled using Air Palm. That was pretty much her role last chapter. So yeah, it's not like she's suddenly received a massive increase in abilities or anything. It's her personal character issues and story that's being focused on, not Hinata's abilities.

#42 Lady_duckish

Lady_duckish

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE ({Jade~Rabbit} @ Dec 26 2012, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh well, if NH gets confirmed in this chapter then alright. It's a shock of course but I'm not angry. It's been a long ass pairing war and for one pair to get confirmed would just ease some of this stressful fighting.

NS would have worked soooo much better imo but it's Kishi's manga and he's free to do as he pleases.

I've already said on NF that if NH is confirmed I will congratulate them and move on. It looks canon by the picture but I'll just wait until tomorrow to give congrats.

I still love NS canon or not. I hope everyone else here will too.

Basically my feelings on it

This is the first time I have legit felt like Hinata has taken something that should have gone to Sakura. The idea that they just fit together, both professionally and romantically has always been my biggest support for N/S. Even though we still have not gotten a romantic N>H confession , I wont fiddle and say I feel the same way about the pairing "struggle". I'm starting to feel like N/H is about 75% more likely than N/S.

Now, my biggest concern is Sakura. Im starting to feel like she will die saving Sasuke or get her shining moment in that sort of fashion.

Wont be the first time Ive happily shipped a non canon couple! Please, dont get too upset over it. This is something we are suppose to enjoy. If its no longer enjoyable, then its time to find something else to read.

"Thursday cry moved up to Wednesday due to scheduling conflicts" -The Onion (I laughed till I cried)

#43 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

huh I was thinking something... Isn't too early to confirm a pairing canon? I mean.. The fact the Hinata is getting too much painel time right now is probably because NaruHina will not be the end pairing, because if NH were the end pairing... wouldn't be the right get painel time more towards the end of the manga?

I don't know if that makes sense, I'm probably just looking for a light at the end of the tunnel ... unsure.gif

Sig by karudoll

#44 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Hinata development, done. At least, I hope so.

#45 {Jade~Rabbit}

{Jade~Rabbit}

Meihua_Plum

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:I love NaruSaku, NejiHina, LeeTen, ChouIno, SasuNaruSaku, SasuNaru, SaiSaku, and crack pairings. =D

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

Well, judging from the chapter, it looks like NH won afterall.

Sorry guys, looks like we were wrong... a_comfort.gif

#46 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE ({Jade~Rabbit} @ Dec 27 2012, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

we weren't wrong! I'm so so sooo sure that NaruSaku was meant to be the end pairing! If NaruHina become canon it's because kishi changed his mind for sure, if NH was the pairing meant to be canon since from the beginning .. Kishi definitely would have developed this couple better.

Edited by Tsubaki, 27 December 2012 - 05:14 AM.

Sig by karudoll

#47 Kanae

Kanae

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE ({Jade~Rabbit} @ Dec 27 2012, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's okay to reevaluate NH's stand, but don't give up guys tongue.gif it's too early for that, and honestly, who did not see the NH fanservice coming a mile away? it's been obvious NH was going to be addressed the moment Hinata started getting so much panel time.

Here is the thing: since this is indeed the final chunk of the manga and Hinata has got no relevance to the core plot and bonds, which will, without a doubt, be the next focus once this facet of the battle has come to an end, the time to address her and give her her time to shine is right now - because afterward she will have to fade into the scenery, along everyone else not Team 7 / Sasuke related.

Sakura does not have this problem because she is part of said core bonds. As such, her focus can wait for once the plot itself demands for it. There is a big difference between that and fanservice, which is why Sakura fans have got to wait a bit longer for it (just like those of us who are looking forward to Sasuke and Taka's side of the storyline) while Kishi sets everything up and lets the Rookie get their deserved spotlight (which their fans have been waiting for since the beginning of time).

Now, the thing here is that anything Hinata related does, indeed, end up having some relation to Naruto himself (and as such NH) because that's pretty much her defining trait, as we all know. But that does not mean Kishi is suddenly changing his mind when it comes to what pairing he supports - didn't we get a full movie this year drilling that point into our skulls? Kishi is not that fickle, especially not when it comes to a bond he has been developing since Chapter 3 - it just means he is delivering what he promised: "all our favorite characters are going to be shining together! everything from here onward will be a highlight!". Hinata is nowhere near my favorite characters; but a huge portion of the fandom disagrees, and you bet popularity polls are indeed going to be taken into account when it comes to panel time distribution to what is essentially the last chance to see them getting a fair amount of spotlight.

IMHO this chapter here is actually not that bad, because it's actually serving a point, one character-development related - Hinata is achieving everything she, herself, said she would. She wanted to walk by his side and hold his hand, didn't she? Kishi made her say that for a very specific reason: this chapter. Not only that, but she got to cheer him up and give him a push just like how he has always done for her. She stood up for herself as well: this is a very important step for her, and now that it's been achieved, we will most likely simply see it pay off for a while to please readers (and stir us, pairing fans lol) and then move to more important matters.

Were there some really nice panels in this chapter? Indeed there were! If I were a NH fan, I would be over the moon laugh.gif But as a NS fan, I'm not concerned due to everything I mentioned above - and also because while Kishi could have made this all about Hinata, he snuck the Kyuubi in, a reference to Naruto's parents, so on so forth. And hey, we even got a very very random Sakura panel - the biggest Sakura panel we have gotten since she arrived to the battlefield, at that. There's an intention there - don't forget the face Sakura made when she realized Hinata loved Naruto.

So yeah, point is: there'll probably be more NH for a while. So just be patient and don't forget the bigger picture: everything Kishimoto has been building up until now. Once the plot allows for it, Sakura will get her time and so will NaruSaku smile.gif so don't lose hope~

Edited by Kanae, 27 December 2012 - 05:39 AM.

#48 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:33 AM

Awwwww 100 chapters left and the canon pairing is already done? lol, no, just no.

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#49 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

Jeez everyone is giving up!? WE NEED SOME MUSIC TO GET PUMPED UP

It aint over! rawr.gif

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users