117 replies to this topic

#41 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

Not to sound rude, but why do some of you expect Obito's back story to be summed up in one or two chapters? The simplest back stories of most of the characters took at least three chapters to explain. I am expecting Obito's story to be at least three chapters. With a character as complicated as Obito, I am not surprised if it took up to five chapters.

To me, the more there is to explain, the better it makes it out to be. This chapter showed how Obito was saved from his death by Madara and that he was imbued with a body grown with the first's cells. Now, I expect the next to explain what Madara's plan is and why he chose Obito over say any other Uchiha. Something special about Obito exists and next chapter I foresee it explaining why.

We've already have 2 chapters explaining the back story so far. I say we get at least 2 more. One to show how Rin dies, and then one more to show Obito being pushed over the edge of madness. We culd possibly have one more after that to explain who the long haired guys was that kisame talked to. Was that Obito or Madara before he died?

What would be ironic is that Madara kills Rin just so he could manipulate him.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#42 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Sep 19 2012, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What would be ironic is that Madara kills Rin just so he could manipulate him.

I was just thinking about that. Obito somehow witnesses it and the blame gets directed towards Kakashi.
NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#43 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Rikudo Sennin @ Sep 19 2012, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because as was said this chapter, the eyes unlock together so maybe if Obito had never evolved his eyes even further Kakashi himself also would not have been able to go further. Obito's eye was already further unlocked by the time he attacked the leaf/Minato while Kakashi unlocked his eye much much later.

Where exactly was it said that they unlock together? I don't know if it's just the translation I read or what but in the translation I read Madara said "You need to have both eyes to awaken their full potential" which means that you need to have both eyes to unlock the Rinnegan my evidence for this is that fact that Obito and Kakashi unlocked their Mangekyo Sharingan at two separate points in time, if they unlocked together then Kakashi's would have unlocked at the same time as Obito's.

No Nagato would not have been able to use the previous devolution, only the original owner that truelly unlocked the rinnengan in the evolution that it was supposed to be would be able to go back and forth. Madara gave Nagato his eyes when they were fixed as rinnengan thus those are his eyes and another clue is that Nagato nor Kakashi never seems to be able to turn their eyes off. Sasuke will also have full control of the evoluton/devolution once he gets the rinnengan.

Okay so hypothetically if Itachi had given Naruto his eyes while he had the Mangekyo Sharingan activated then Naruto would only be able to use the Mangekyo and not the original Sharingan?

What is you evidence to back up this claim?

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#44 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

So Obito being a Zetsu type clone wasn't completely false either....I am hoping there is a flashback within this flashback that will explain exactly what happened when Negato got the Rinnigan, (Which also confirms that if Naruto ever got the Sharingan implanted in him he would be a monster, and leaves the possability of Sasuke's final redemption being gifting Naruto his eyes.), and if he was somehow manipulating members of Root and even the original Akatsuki using Zetsu clones to act as members of the group, Also where that Mazou came from, it's been something I never understood, where did it come from? What link does it have with the Rinnigan, why can if absorb Bijuu's chakra etc.

So we'll probably see Madara talk for a while, Obito will escape find Rin dead, Kakashi wasting his time infron of the stone, and Gai challenging him, then ofcourse his sensie happy with a child on the way. So he'll be feeling depressed the girl he loves died, angry his friend is wasting his life away, and jealous and resentful his sensie is happy and expecting a child whilst his team has been destroyed. He'll go back to Madara, the plan will be explained we'll hopefully see what was happeneing all those years inbetween.

I am wondering one thing though, who was the third Mizukage? Was it really Madara, because he looks too old to be the Mizukage unless he made a Zetsu clone of himself to become leader, well hopefully that will be explained in the flashback too...if we are indeed going to get a flashback I hope atleast these loose ends will be tied up atleast.

iAnby7W.gif

#45 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Sep 19 2012, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So Obito being a Zetsu type clone wasn't completely false either....I am hoping there is a flashback within this flashback that will explain exactly what happened when Negato got the Rinnigan, (Which also confirms that if Naruto ever got the Sharingan implanted in him he would be a monster, and leaves the possability of Sasuke's final redemption being gifting Naruto his eyes.), and if he was somehow manipulating members of Root and even the original Akatsuki using Zetsu clones to act as members of the group, Also where that Mazou came from, it's been something I never understood, where did it come from? What link does it have with the Rinnigan, why can if absorb Bijuu's chakra etc.

So we'll probably see Madara talk for a while, Obito will escape find Rin dead, Kakashi wasting his time infron of the stone, and Gai challenging him, then ofcourse his sensie happy with a child on the way. So he'll be feeling depressed the girl he loves died, angry his friend is wasting his life away, and jealous and resentful his sensie is happy and expecting a child whilst his team has been destroyed. He'll go back to Madara, the plan will be explained we'll hopefully see what was happeneing all those years inbetween.

I am wondering one thing though, who was the third Mizukage? Was it really Madara, because he looks too old to be the Mizukage unless he made a Zetsu clone of himself to become leader, well hopefully that will be explained in the flashback too...if we are indeed going to get a flashback I hope atleast these loose ends will be tied up atleast.

Um...wasn't explained a few chapters back that Gedo Mazou is the body of the ten tails?
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#46 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Sep 19 2012, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How will he escape with a body like this to see his friends ? By crawling happy.gif ? Unless he is somehow transported by a new type of jutsu or technique which probaly is not going to be that way.

Edited by T XD, 19 September 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#47 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Sep 19 2012, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um...wasn't explained a few chapters back that Gedo Mazou is the body of the ten tails?

No I think they are using it as an alternative to the body of ten tails, The body of the Ten tails boy was sealed inside the moon wasn't it? I don't remember reading anywhere that the body was unsealed. The only thing I can guess is the statue is a giant organic plant lifeform created using the DNA of the first Hokage and his own, with the DNA of two people who reflected the Rikkuden's older and younger brother, Madara was able to create a vessel suitable to hold the charkra of the tentails, or atleast use it to summon the original body.

QUOTE (T XD @ Sep 19 2012, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How will he escape with a body like this to see his friends ? By crawling happy.gif ? Unless he is somehow transported by a new type of jutsu or technique which probaly is not going to be that way.

We does unlock the MS power to warp somewhere between now and the invasion so he could end up using that, or once his body had grown limbs he will escape. I don't think it would be very popular with the fans if Obito was convinced to change his way without finding out Rin died he needs to see what Madara is telling him has some truth to it for him to be manipulated by it.

Edited by harry4e, 19 September 2012 - 03:31 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#48 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

I'm still just overall happy I can dole out some "I told you so's" to my friends. Knew it was Obito. Kishi really is predictable.

Interested to see Obito's journey into darkness over the next few chapters... I imagine it will be something along the lines of Anakin and Padme type deal.

Love is everything.

#49 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Sep 19 2012, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We does unlock the MS power to warp somewhere between now and the invasion so he could end up using that, or once his body had grown limbs he will escape. I don't think it would be very popular with the fans if Obito was convinced to change his way without finding out Rin died he needs to see what Madara is telling him has some truth to it for him to be manipulated by it.

It could be for the first option but the second one, i don't think so. It seems that Obito has stayed with Madara after he brainwashed him which eventually had lead him to his state of mind that he has it now then he, of course, has trained and he learned to use the alternative universe or something related to it which he used it to see his friends and finded out about Rin's death.
I think it will be something close to this.

Edited by T XD, 19 September 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#50 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Sep 19 2012, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So Obito being a Zetsu type clone wasn't completely false either....

I don't really want to start this connection just because they are made from the same material. I don't want to consider them the same. I mean, I could make a teapot and a ceramic plate out of clay, but I am not about to say that the plate is a clone of the teapot simply because they are both made out of clay.

Although again, this got me thinking. Obito's Right side was the limbs that got replaced and since then he has lost his right arm on 2 or 3 occasions. Too many to say. We never see him lose his left arm at all. I wonder if he even can grow his left arm back since, from what this chapter shows, it is still his original arm.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#51 Rikudo Sennin

Rikudo Sennin

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 19 2012, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where exactly was it said that they unlock together? I don't know if it's just the translation I read or what but in the translation I read Madara said "You need to have both eyes to awaken their full potential" which means that you need to have both eyes to unlock the Rinnegan my evidence for this is that fact that Obito and Kakashi unlocked their Mangekyo Sharingan at two separate points in time, if they unlocked together then Kakashi's would have unlocked at the same time as Obito's.
You are correct, but Obito also says in the last page that he believes that that means that he and Kakashi can grow strong together in response to Madara's response that one needs both eyes.
QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 19 2012, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay so hypothetically if Itachi had given Naruto his eyes while he had the Mangekyo Sharingan activated then Naruto would only be able to use the Mangekyo and not the original Sharingan?

What is you evidence to back up this claim?

No i don't believe that. MS and EMS are all an upgraded version of Sharingan unlike the rinnengan which has completely new moves a sharingan user cannot use and vice versa.
So far Kakashi and especially Nagato are my evidence. Don't you think that Nagato could have used one of those immensely powerful EMS moves that Madara used to beat up the 5 kages easily. Susanoo itself would have been perfect for him. Nagato was a genius, mastering his eyes at such a young age. If he could have he would used the sharingan. And of course their in ability to turn on off their eyes. Kakashi, Nagato and Danzo all have this in common.

#52 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Sep 19 2012, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really want to start this connection just because they are made from the same material. I don't want to consider them the same. I mean, I could make a teapot and a ceramic plate out of clay, but I am not about to say that the plate is a clone of the teapot simply because they are both made out of clay.

Although again, this got me thinking. Obito's Right side was the limbs that got replaced and since then he has lost his right arm on 2 or 3 occasions. Too many to say. We never see him lose his left arm at all. I wonder if he even can grow his left arm back since, from what this chapter shows, it is still his original arm.

It was always clear to me, since it was confirmed that Tobi was Obito, that his left arm is still the same since then and never grown, that why he's hiding it under the long cloth. I think Kishi is going to show us his left arm in the upcoming chapters of the "now on hold" fight.

Edited by T XD, 19 September 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#53 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (T XD @ Sep 19 2012, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was always clear to me, since it was confirmed that Tobi was Obito, that his left arm is still the same since then and never grown, that why he's hiding it under the long cloth. I think Kishi is going to show us his left arm in the upcoming chapters of the "now on hold" fight.

Isn't the arm that's pealing off during his fight with Minato his left arm? The one that is shown in this chapter.

#54 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Sep 19 2012, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't the arm that's pealing off during his fight with Minato his left arm? The one that is shown in this chapter.

You're right, Nate, it IS his left arm that was damaged in that fight. So up until now, Obito has been shown losing his left arm once, and his right arm twice (against Fuu & Torune and later against Konan). Also, has anyone else noticed that Obito's right arm appears to be white like Zetsu's from the forearm down (albeit his glove blocks the rest from view) but the rest of the arm appears to be the same as the rest of Obito's skin colour (link here)? Perhaps it takes time for the replacement arm to return to that person's skin pigmentation.

Edited by Quinny52, 19 September 2012 - 05:26 PM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#55 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

I don't think what happened to Obito is as easy as brainwashing. In just a few short years, he was able to overpower Minato (one of the most powerful nins of his time) and free/control the kyuubi. Whatever happened was more than just a simple revenge-driven, brainwashy power-up. Right now, Obito is as silly and knuckleheaded as Naruto. Heartbreak alone won't flip a switch and turn him into an uber-Itachi character - suddenly all-powerful and all-knowing. There must be a missing ingredient that turns him evil.

#56 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

Obitooo. ;_; I like seeing his young self; he was so cute, but it's almost painful seeing him that way, because we already know what he's going to become. I actually enjoyed seeing the little comedy bits, heh. c: So I guess Madara is going to brainwash him... And we're probably going to have flashbacks for the next couple chapters. I can't wait. :3

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#57 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

After reading the chapter again, I couldn't help but think of this for some reason when Madara mentioned he was the ghost of the Uchiha:

Did anyone else also think the same thing? tongue.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#58 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Sep 19 2012, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yea, right, forgot about that. Never mind what i said before sweatdrop.gif

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Sep 19 2012, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After reading the chapter again, I couldn't help but think of this for some reason when Madara mentioned he was the ghost of the Uchiha:

laugh.gif
Yea, somewhat close to this. When he said it, i really don't know why imagined him walking through walls too.
I sense some nightmares is on the way XD

Edited by T XD, 19 September 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#59 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Sep 19 2012, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol awesome!

No, I didn't think since I was so invested in the chapter, but that's still funny. I know where that came from. So yeah, next chapter should be the beginning of the end of Obito, the one with caring heart. This is going to be either tragic and/or sad.

#60 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

It was nice, but definitely threw me off a bit, to see the old Obito in this chapter.

I am definitely expecting at least 2 more chapters of flashback containing Obito back story. Kishi's got quite a bit of explaining left to do.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users