Close
Photo

Why don't people hardly come here anymore?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#41 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

Like I said, I think it has to do with the momentum of the manga, too. I think one heavy NS moment or one shocking NH or SS moment would drive the attendance right back up.

Which leads me to another question. Is it just me, and it really might be, or does it seem like the amount of NS fanfic submissions has slowed? Not bad, but I noticed that I'm going longer and longer between stories I really like. Still lots of new posts, don't get me wrong, but they seem to be more of fleshed-out plot bunnies than actual good-reading stories.

*goes to duck behind obvious target of "ohyeah? rawr.gif andwhereisyourdamnstory?huh!?"*

#42 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:11 AM

I have to duck that one too. I wish I had the free time like I used to, but so many good games coming out, so many other interesting things to read... ugh. To little time to write. I'm down to like a paragraph a day. Still progress, just terribad slow progress.

#43 gamemaster2

gamemaster2

Badass extraordinaire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Video games of any kind, anyone in depth enough to read this stupid page, and a bunch of other stuff I can't really think of a way to list so they could be written down here..........Bacon tastes pretty good though.

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

For the sake of bumping the thread and being an affirming tag-along I've got to agree with what everyone else has said. It's not that no one is around anymore so much as a lot of the people that used to post are content with just lurking these days. Paradox pretty much said it best in his post on the second page. Video games are pretty damn cool but after the 30th World War II FPS you start to look at other sources of entertainment.

#44 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Oct 10 2011, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's more lurkers than active here, even in its earlier days. Trust me, I was there. Though people like Krisk don't post much anywhere aside from Ichiraku and she's one of the more livelier members. But yeah, OmegaMan's got it right, quite a bit of people don't post much unless they've got something they want to say. Also, people grow up and their hobbies, attitudes, and activities change.

Besides, Shauna-sama's right, it's really not that inactive or quiet as you make it out to be. The Multiverse Gaming thread's still quite busy and people post a lot of fanfics in the fanfiction section. It's school time and we have homework and projects to do that take up our time.

Oh man, this takes me back to Flash/Live Chat days.... Those were raucous nights, eh guys?

hi shad.

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 10 2011, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LC Days were the best. LOL.

Now this forum's pretty quiet.

hi patty.

QUOTE (Derock @ Oct 10 2011, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't remember... I think he isn't, but he left the forums. But yeah, Shauna, Soupy-chan and the rest pretty much explained the whole situation. Plus, the intention of the forum isn't to become like other Naruto forums like NF, who gets at least 200-500 people online per average day. Hell, I'm hardly post now at days, yet I lurk around to see what's going on in the boards and only post when I have something to say. And then, members are in school whether it is high school or college, many of the older members have jobs to do, many of us do have real lives.

And yeah, lots of people did come on when Live Chat/Flash Chat was opened but sadly after all of the craziness and drama we had that cause many members to lose the privilage of accessing the system, it had to die out. (And we do have an outside chat system now).

hi dookie.

QUOTE (Angel @ Oct 10 2011, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hehe same here hardly come on just to see how the world is doing and check out fanfiction others are interested in....Ive been meaning to change my sig about a year or so now...cant find time DX

hi angelica.

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Oct 11 2011, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dang, angel is alive? where the hell have you been dude? thought you got lost in between

hi blackie.

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Oct 20 2011, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm one of those 'lurk every day, post sometimes' folks. I was much younger and had a lot more free time when I started coming here 4 years ago. I'm 28 now - life has been known to get in the way. It reflects in my writing too.

To me this board is kind of like my internet home away from my real home. I always have 2 homepage tabs set up on my firefox when I get home from work. Gmail and the Narusaku forums.

Once you've been here for a while you stop posting as much and start lurking more in general, I think. Not because of a loss of interest, it's more along the lines of topic exhaustion. After a while you just get tired of reading, asking, and answering stuff like 'Should Sasuke die at the end of the manga?' and 'XX Reasons why NaruSaku rulezzz!'. Now I'm mostly around for the fanfic, chapter, anime, RL, and gaming discussions. Otherwise I pretty much ignore the rest of the board.

hey you~

QUOTE (gamemaster2 @ Oct 23 2011, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the sake of bumping the thread and being an affirming tag-along I've got to agree with what everyone else has said. It's not that no one is around anymore so much as a lot of the people that used to post are content with just lurking these days. Paradox pretty much said it best in his post on the second page. Video games are pretty damn cool but after the 30th World War II FPS you start to look at other sources of entertainment.

hi LT.

on-topic: i agree with op. pimp.png

Edited by krisk, 23 October 2011 - 08:11 AM.

#45 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

OHMYGOSH krisk!!!!

#46 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:24 PM

I can say personally, I always check out the site at least a handful of times a day. I don't post a lot but if I do it's usually between the General Discussion threads. (Anime, Video Games, Movies) because that's what I'm most interested in. If you check on wednesdays or days when the manga gets updated, we'll have a lot of 'guest' people show up. I'm one of them. I like hearing what people have to say about the current chapter. And if something occurs that was pretty interesting to me, I'll share a word or two. But yeah, this place goes up and down during the year. Just like any other site.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#47 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Oct 23 2011, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi shad.

Hi krisk. You lurk quite a bit too, either that or we don't occupy the same threads anymore.

Anyway, Paradox is right. There aren't really any new topic to debate about in the manga anymore.
*Major* manga spoiler alert about Tobi/Madara --Click here to view--
Everything's been debated to death and, despite the initial surprise that Madara ISN'T Tobi, it just brings back those old "Who's under that mask?" debate from Tobi's first appearance.
At this point, I'm guessing many long-time members just prefer a wait-and-see approach. I certainly do.

It really is quite impressive how diverse this forum is, though.

#48 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Oct 23 2011, 04:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi dookie.

Hello to you too, brat. biggrin.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#49 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (Black Rose @ Oct 23 2011, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OHMYGOSH krisk!!!!

hi rosie.

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Oct 24 2011, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi krisk. You lurk quite a bit too, either that or we don't occupy the same threads anymore.

hi shad. no it's the latter: you have a ps3 and the gamer lounge is a cesspool of spoilers. ♥♥♥♥ dat!

QUOTE (Derock @ Oct 24 2011, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello to you too, brat. biggrin.gif

"brat?" oo youuu!
you're lucky i don't have SF, i would kick you butt. pimp.png

Edited by krisk, 25 October 2011 - 02:53 AM.

#50 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:10 AM

btw. incase noone knows. our unofficial chatroom is here:- http://xat.com/heavenandearthunite
lots of lc style antics still goin on there =D and it gets peeps droppin by everyday....

#51 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Oct 24 2011, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"brat?" oo youuu!
you're lucky i don't have SF, i would kick you butt. pimp.png

Pfft. Whatever! rolleyes.gif Even if you try, you still have a long way to go. XDDDD

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#52 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:20 AM

I used to be active during summer a lot, but like someone stated up there ^ NS tension is low right now and school haha. But I love this community so I come back to post new animes and stuff that I find worthy of sharing! I still check out this place like every once in a while fsho tho.

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#53 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:21 AM

Well I'm on a lot now, but next year I'll probably be on only once a month at least, unfortunately.

JA2DBzd.png

#54 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

Heya Krispy.

On topic though it could aso be school. I used to be that high school generation with loads of free time. Now Im in College working towards a degree and possibly joining the military with a Rank of 2nd LT.
I have no time, in fact Im going to get back to my homework DX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users