Mass Effect 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

#41 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:06 PM

aww man. guess i was one of the lucky few to get all the dlc.... Its over 150+ mb of goodies.
can't wait for my copy to arrive now....

although from what i hear the collectors edition Armour dlc is still available. so anyone getting the standard edition at least pick that up....

#42 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

I tried all of them a couple times before I left for work earlier, so I'm fairly sure they're all unavailable now. A shame really!

#43 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

I have class in two hours so I'm going to get some playing time in before I head off. Luckily I only have one class today so I can spend the rest of the day playing. But..tomorrow I have classes from 11-7!! The game is so awesome I'm contemplating skipping first day of classes to play it!!

EDIT: I merged the other thread with Vyse's more awesome one (no offense The Sharingan).

#44 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

Haha, I forgot all about my own Mass2 thread... and it was my pride and joy back in march last year. Thanks for bumping and merging man.

I'm so excited to play Mass Effect 2 as soon as possible, and I'll keep playing my Vanguard as it's the most interesting class once again. The flash step attack looks awesome, and the possible battle-strategies I can think up from that move alone makes my mouth water. Plus, trading no-name Ashley with the Sarah Walker-clone makes me squee!!!! ^^

#45 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:02 PM

For those of you that have the PC version (like me) and want all the pre-order exclusives...

Mass Effect 2 Exclusives content

It includes the following:

- Blood Dragon Armor (if you got the Dragon Age preorder)
- Collector's Armor and Assault Rifle (beam weapon)
- Incisor Sniper Rifle
- Inferno Armor
- Normandy Crash Mission
- Recon Hood Head Gear
- Sentry Head Gear
- Terminus Armor and Weapon
- Umbravisor Head Gear
- Zaeed (extra character)

#46 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:25 PM

I would recommend noone getting the above torrent. specially if you have legit copies of the game.
Every single one of the dlc's is bound to a specific Ea online account. The ones in the above torrent
have been hacked to death to allow them to install on anyone's pc. If you DO install it you can never go
online with your copy of the game. Since doing so will get your Ea account (and cerebrus network account)
banned.

#47 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:47 PM

Yeah, sorry... should have mentioned that.

I have my copy of the game... still wrapped up. lol It's sitting there staring at me on my desk, going 'ooopeeeen meeeee!!!!'

I'm playing a downloaded copy, so no risk of getting banned, because I'm not linking to the Cerberus Network.

#48 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:38 PM

I guessed as much. My copy is still in transit too >.<
Although i'm like 24 hrs in into my downloaded copy lol.
Cant wait for my actual copy to arrive though.... the cerebrus network concept is kinda cool.
free dlc every few months or so ? I'm sold =D

#49 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:13 AM

This game f'ing rocked, tho the final mission wasn't really as hard as the name "suicide mission" implied.

uc.png

#50 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:50 AM

I'm already hyped up for Mass Effect 3. When it was over I could hardly believe it since I was just itching for more. Damnit Bioware, why must you always make epic games!?

#51 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:07 AM

Ugh I just opened my game yesterday and I have been playing since 9:00 pm last night, I'm running purely on caffeine and I can't make sense of what is going on around me. The game is so epic I can't wait for the 3rd. The only reason I stopped playing though is
the level where you go into the collector ship is hard! (specially on insane)I'm even tempted to turn my difficulty down for this mission. Any tips?

(P.S the soldier is the most beastly class)

JLHza2T.png

#52 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:10 AM

Muffins you asked for tips!
Muffins tips Game spoiler --Click here to view--
Bring lots of medi gel, and I would choice a collector weapon, and put them in you arsenal. I would bring Grunt, AND or Miranda or Jacob either one will do, and the laser does come in handing with that flying thing I'd also say duck as much as you can.

-----------------

I can't wait for mass effect 3, and this game freaking rocked!

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 31 January 2010 - 05:22 AM.

#53 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jan 30 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ugh I just opened my game yesterday and I have been playing since 9:00 pm last night, I'm running purely on caffeine and I can't make sense of what is going on around me. The game is so epic I can't wait for the 3rd. The only reason I stopped playing though is
the level where you go into the collector ship is hard! (specially on insane)I'm even tempted to turn my difficulty down for this mission. Any tips?

(P.S the soldier is the most beastly class)

Here's some hints for keeping you and your teammates alive through the suicide mission though its not just for you anyone else who is having trouble can use these too.

-Do all of the "loyalty" missions for each teammate
-Be at least a Level 20-25
-It doesn't matter if you're a Paragon or Renegade
-Have as much medi-gel as you can
-Upgrade the Normandy as much as possible including shields and weapons
-Have Leigon or Tali go through the vent
-Have Garrus or Miranda lead the second team
-Have Garrus or Miranda lead the diversion team once your are re-united
-Have Jack provide the biotic barrier
-Have Mordin lead the crew survivors back to the Normandy once you find them
-When you split up to destroy the base leave Garrus or Miranda behind to help fend off the enemy

Do all of this and you should survive and all your teammates too.

Edited by FullmetalNinjaED, 31 January 2010 - 05:37 AM.

uc.png

#54 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:50 PM

Ed thanks for the tips on the end of the game. biggrin.gif

#55 Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto Uzumaki

Shepard and Tali

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:26 PM

Beat the game on normal as an adept. Didn't lose anyone on the first try. Romanced Tali because her's was the most meaningful romance option for me. Loved her character in ME1. Running through it again as an engineer since I missed alot of the optional missions.
Prison gates won't open up for me
On these hands and knees I'm crawlin'
Oh, I reach for you
Well I'm terrified of these four walls
These iron bars can't hold my soul in
All I need is you
Come please I'm callin'
And oh I scream for you
Hurry I'm fallin', I'm fallin'

#56 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:38 PM

I'm not sure if this is a bug but did anyone else have the same problem? huh.gif

When I met Conrad Verner on Illium he said I pointed a gun in his face in ME1 which is a renegade option, but I went full paragon in every dialogue with him in ME1.

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#57 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (Shadow-kun @ Feb 3 2010, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure if this is a bug but did anyone else have the same problem? huh.gif

When I met Conrad Verner on Illium he said I pointed a gun in his face in ME1 which is a renegade option, but I went full paragon in every dialogue with him in ME1.

Did you import your character form ME1? It changes a bit, if you didn't import the character story line.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 05 February 2010 - 01:17 AM.

#58 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Naruto Uzumaki @ Feb 3 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Beat the game on normal as an adept. Didn't lose anyone on the first try. Romanced Tali because her's was the most meaningful romance option for me. Loved her character in ME1. Running through it again as an engineer since I missed alot of the optional missions.

But they didn't show her face. That's damn unfair. mad.gif

#59 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:47 PM

I just finished the game now, and I have never been more hyped for a sequel to any game before, and that includes Knights of the Old Republic and the Zelda games. I would even go so far to say that if I had to cancel either Mass Effect 3 or Batman 2, I'd kick the Dark Knight right out without regret... or at least no regret before I finished Mass Effect 3, and prepare myself to suit up for a new Mass Effect trilogy.

Bioware <3

Also... I totally did Miranda in this, and if I may quote every CSI Miami comic ever: "YEEEEEEAH!"

Now, to watch Chuck and do some homework.

#60 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:59 AM

I slightly mad in how they've made Zaeed a background character. You don't engage in talks with him, you just....press A, he says something. The end. His loyalty mission was also available from the get-go, meaning one thing.

He's uber friendly. D'aawwwwwwwwwwwww.

Moving on, the game has the " hey, bro, you sure you wanna do that? " feeling. This game actually gave me the drive to get the 1st instalment, play though it on Insanity and get all the perks and bonuses. And 'dem achievements. WOOP.

Also Shepard's renegade options are more hilarious. I think Bioware got some amazing writers for this chapter or at least a comedian among them. Yet the paragon options are still boring and dull. Makes Shepard's new persona of being an outlaw confusing and at some points retarded. There was this option where my partner is going to kill someone and in the dialogue wheel I choose a completely renegade...and then all of the sudden, my partner's going to shoot said person and I get a paragon option. Shouldn't the aggressive remark been enough to dull away the goody-two-shoes option right off the bat?

And they're going to release a new character called Kasumi.

Ugh, can't I play my W-RPGs without getting some interference from Superior Nihongo?

Also. Mineral scouting is as boring as the Mako-driving.

QUOTE (Shadow-kun @ Feb 3 2010, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Was it when he was facing the bartender saying something like " I learnt pointing guns at people's faces from ..Shepard? ", because that's him lying and gloating.
If that's in his line of dialogue don't fret, I think Bioware didn't write the coding for the save transfer system because I got that too. And if you search for videos on YouTube, I don't think you can find gameplay where Conrad doesn't act like a whiny school-girl. If you can, it's probably a PC version, because people can hack into save modifying program and 'shape' their character.

Edited by Yakatsu, 09 March 2010 - 11:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users