#41 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:48 AM

shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif

Somewhat like a greek tragedy part of the greatness of witnessing it is the dramatic irony of knowing what's going to happen.

There was an interesting point made about the seal being opened vs the biju being ripped out being the difference between life and death. I too think for dramatic tension that Kishi will have the Jyubi close at hand, if not fully released as the climax of either the story or this portion of the story. And even though Kishi has stated he wants to keep making Naruto as long as people keep reading it, this really feels like it'll and should be the end once Naruto defeats Madara and whatever happens to Sasuke happens.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#42 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:29 AM

Looks like Madara had uber control of the nine tails, it's exempt from the Gendo Mazo, which means the statue is the only thing that can revive Juubi, Sasuke v. Naruto isn't the end after all.

#43 tojot

tojot

Day of Sagittarius

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:38 AM

I am wondering... Where is Uchiha Mikoto in all this mess and why isn't Sasuke with her! argh1.png rawr.gif

Some of you have been talking about Sakura's role in this. I can say that she has and will continue to have an important role and purpose in the manga. She is the Heroine. My thoughts are we will see her sooner or later. Hopefully, sooner with a little NaruSaku interaction. a_thumbs.gif Sakura is also due for a powerup and a good fight.

This chapter tugged at the heartstrings. It was depressing to see the panels after Minato takes Kushina back and puts her with Naruto. It made me sad that soon she will die. arg.gif At least she got to spend it with her newborn son who is safe after the turmoil. sad.gif

#44 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:42 AM

@Paradox. I know the whole Kishi ripping off your story was just something to amuse me. biggrin.gif

#45 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:15 AM

Wow this was a great chapter and all, but seriously Madara is a real a**hole for doing what he did to poor Naruto, I hope he makes Madara pay in tenfold, that bastard...

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#46 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:48 AM

Now the question is if it truelly is Madara, or is Kishi just trying to confuse us by not showing the MS fully, instead only a circle? But it's pretty obvious it is Madara,, This chapter definitely for me cements Madara as the callous and vile enemy he has been made out to be, How heartless do you have to be to attach explosive tages on a newborn, and throw the baby like it's a piece of trash, and the way he extracted the Kyuubi (Notice how it was sealed much differently than inside Naruto,) and ordered to dispose of Kushina, like a true villain.

Whoa Parallel between Father and Son, both saved their closest female companion withi nanoseconds to spare.

Brilliant chapter, Poor Kushina, the way she hugged Naruto close to her knowing she has only a short time to live, truelly heartbreaking, and same with Minato's reaction, Kishi did an amazing job of pertraying the feeeling in just a few panels...makes you hate Madara all the more.

Also Baby Sasuke and Naruto very cute,

Bugger gotta get to work, i'm running late.

iAnby7W.gif

#47 ABrokenRomeo

ABrokenRomeo

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:36 AM

Honestly, I get the feeling Kishi may be working on a short-cut to saving Sasuke, about how he will be trapped in a time-release Genjutsu designed to drive him toward Orochimeru, and eventually toward Madara himself.

Also, baby Sasuke and Naruto are adorable.
~Forever Living the Dream~

#48 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:31 PM

After these flashback chapters are over I'm sure Naruto will be beyond p***** at Madara:

-He's the reason that both of his parents got killed.

-He's the reason that lead his father to make the decision to seal the Kyuubi in his own son.

-He's the reason the Kyuubi attacked the village killing a lot of people.

-He's the reason the village hated him (for having the Kyuubi in him because of his actions)

-In addition he's the reason that lead Sasuke to take his dark path in revenge even more.

Naruto will no doubt would want revenge on Madara however he's not going to forget about his quest to bring peace to the world. Killing Madara for the purpose of revenge will be an act of hatred and thus he will be repeating the never ending circle of hatred that Nagato knew very well. Can he save the world and Sasuke without killing him???

I believe Kishi already knows the answer to that one since he said it a long time ago in a interview that he knows how his manga will end, he already has the ending all figure out in his head.

Edited by Gravenimage, 08 July 2010 - 12:32 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#49 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 8 2010, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif

Somewhat like a greek tragedy part of the greatness of witnessing it is the dramatic irony of knowing what's going to happen.

There was an interesting point made about the seal being opened vs the biju being ripped out being the difference between life and death. I too think for dramatic tension that Kishi will have the Jyubi close at hand, if not fully released as the climax of either the story or this portion of the story. And even though Kishi has stated he wants to keep making Naruto as long as people keep reading it, this really feels like it'll and should be the end once Naruto defeats Madara and whatever happens to Sasuke happens.

QFT

#50 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

Hell Yeah!! a_thumbs.gif
This is what I've been waiting for a long time!
Madara is what a great villain is, not any good intentions, totally remorseless, full of hatred and uses anything possible to reach his goal! Compared to his ancestor Sasuke is just a novice in badassness!
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#51 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:47 PM

-He's the reason that lead his father to make the decision to seal the Kyuubi in his own son.

Nuhh Naruto was going to be the Kyubi's container anyways. Its just that the village wouldn't have hated him because of it.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#52 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:06 PM

now we know how kyubi attack and madara is an evil badass. I wonder how he`s still alive after all this time. I get he has an enemy with senju and kushina and naruto are victims due to their blood relations, however why he wants to destory the leaf when he could`ve destory senju clan if power an issue? Also what really happen in the uchiha massacre? Sasuke being manipulated again and i think he may die in the end if you at the whole picture. Konoha wont accept him and he`s international criminal so some of naruto`s actions will be futile.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#53 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Jul 8 2010, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now we know how kyubi attack and madara is an evil badass. I wonder how he`s still alive after all this time. I get he has an enemy with senju and kushina and naruto are victims due to their blood relations, however why he wants to destory the leaf when he could`ve destory senju clan if power an issue? Also what really happen in the uchiha massacre? Sasuke being manipulated again and i think he may die in the end if you at the whole picture. Konoha wont accept him and he`s international criminal so some of naruto`s actions will be futile.

I think I know but the answer is very simple and logical, the reason Madara hates Konoha and wants to destroy it he's doing all of this for revenge.

-He was jealous and angry when he wasn't named the first Hokage and instead it was his biggest rival Hashirama who got the position.

-He was glad to help Itachi kill the Uchiha clan because he also wanted revenge on the clan for turning their backs on him when he needed them the most, and the reason they chose not to follow him was because they wanted to follow Hashirama instead his biggest rival. This action fueled his hatred and jealousy for the first even more. Of course everything change when the clan found out that they were being watched after the Kyuubi attack like a little kid looking at an ant farm, they got angry for not trusting them and they chose to follow Madara's path, but it was too late for Madara to accept their actions.

However I think the eye of the Moon plan is more important than taking revenge on Konoha if he does controls the Jyuubi somehow he will also have control over Konoha as well as the rest of the world.

Edited by Gravenimage, 08 July 2010 - 02:33 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#54 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:39 PM

I teared up a bit reading this chapter..I think I have to avoid reading this lovely...and sad chapter too often. Go Minato go!!
Then I started to hate Madara more than Danzo, so he's the true evil

for the comparison: you're right! I bit my lower lip when I found out...their similiarity
I hope this isn't just a nonsense or playing mind game. I'll curse Kishi if he did play on our thought hm.png
after all, after reading again Naruto's declaration of fighting Sasuke, why Sakura didn't just disagree with them coz I thought she didn't want Naruto to die? Now that confuses me

wait, if Naruto is Kushina's son, he must have Uzumaki blood. So, if the Kyuubi is extracted from him, he shouldn't die because, yea what Madara said that Uzumaki clan wouldn't die even after the Kyuubi is out.
Naruto wouldn't die if the Kyuubi's gone? So what will Sakura think if she know it? Will she stop asking naruto to stop chasing after Sasuke?

Edited by Sherry, 08 July 2010 - 03:02 PM.

#55 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jul 8 2010, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nuhh Naruto was going to be the Kyubi's container anyways. Its just that the village wouldn't have hated him because of it.

Probably not. It was sealed in young Kushina when the previous jinchuuriki (Mito?) was on her deathbed. So it would probably only be moved when Kushina was dying and sealed in another young child. Not Naruto but maybe Naruto's son or grandson, depending on how long-lived Kushina is.

And it marks a change in the way the village viewed the jinchuuriki. They must have hated Naruto because his birth was the thing that weakened the seal. He was born, but his life literally cost the live of so many others. Now it makes sense to me why they hated him so much. If he hadn't been born, then the kyuubi would still be safely sealed inside Kushina. And Kushina was happy in the village, not shunned like Naruto. (I imagine being a jin was probably an 'open secret' in the village. Civilians probably didn't know, but higher level nins, council members, etc., would have known.) And I wouldn't be surprised if the civilians hated Kushina too after her death - and if not openly hated her, at least not mourned her. The outsider who failed to keep the kyuubi down. Minato saved the village, so he would remain the hero.

standard disclaimer: this is all conjecture, armchair ninja that I am. Going for more coffee now.

#56 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jul 8 2010, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whoa Parallel between Father and Son, both saved their closest female companion withi nanoseconds to spare.

And both from an Uchiha obsessed with the destruction of Konoha no less.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#57 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jul 8 2010, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And both from an Uchiha obsessed with the destruction of Konoha no less.

Another paralel of Minato/Kushina with Naruto/Sakura I'm beginning to wonder if Kishi is doing this on purpose or maybe he just doesn't know. But I seriously don't know what else Kishi has to do to show the pairing he has in mind???
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#58 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jul 8 2010, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No not really, Kushina would have stayed the host and it would most likely been Naruto's child or Grandchild who would have been host, remember how Kushina said the Uzamaki have a exceptionally long life expectancy, so she'd be around to see her great grandchildren possably. Also if Tsunade's Boyfriend never died it could have been her son or daughter that would have been the host instead of Kushina.

Was I the only one who felt this chapter was too short? even though it was the same length as normal, was so engrossed by it was surprised when it was over.

I'm happy Kishi's taking his time with the flashback, and didn't finish it off so quickly like he did when Minato made an appereance....Now hopefully we'll get a ark explaining about Minato's family history.

iAnby7W.gif

#59 Guest_New Revolution_*

Guest_New Revolution_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 8 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another paralel of Minato/Kushina with Naruto/Sakura I'm beginning to wonder if Kishi is doing this on purpose or maybe he just doesn't know. But I seriously don't know what else Kishi has to do to show the pairing he has in mind???

im 96 %shure kish knows the parallel he writes it he would all but have too.

#60 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jul 8 2010, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And it marks a change in the way the village viewed the jinchuuriki. They must have hated Naruto because his birth was the thing that weakened the seal. He was born, but his life literally cost the live of so many others. Now it makes sense to me why they hated him so much. If he hadn't been born, then the kyuubi would still be safely sealed inside Kushina. And Kushina was happy in the village, not shunned like Naruto. (I imagine being a jin was probably an 'open secret' in the village. Civilians probably didn't know, but higher level nins, council members, etc., would have known.) And I wouldn't be surprised if the civilians hated Kushina too after her death - and if not openly hated her, at least not mourned her. The outsider who failed to keep the kyuubi down. Minato saved the village, so he would remain the hero.

It was noted that Kushina being a jinchuuriki was only known by Hokage, two elders and maybe one or two others, not even the Sannin knew! It is said here.
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users