62 replies to this topic

#41 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:05 AM

The problem isn't simply cops killing black and white people alike, it's that when police brutality happens to a white person, the cop gets punished. This happened last week. But is Eric Garner's murderer in prison yet? Is he even fired? I don't know, but that one was caught on tape so good luck defending that.

Also, black people are not a minority in Ferguson. Most people are black there.

No it's that when It happens to a white person you don't hear about it, after all what is a better story for the news that blacks suffer from police brutality at a higher rate than others, or that police are brutal to everyone equally regardless of race?

Also I mean that blacks are a minority in America not in Ferguson.

A police officer is a capable person trained on personal defense, shooting and other stuff to handle situations like that.
So he's not a common guy like us in a middle of a dangerous situation.
You cant swap me an untrained person who doesnt know how to use a gun neither immobilize and opponent with a trained police officer.

"the someome was going to die" was because he wasnt prepared to deal with it.

Have you ever been in a life or death situation like what officer Wilson reportedly went though? In that kind of situation, it's not about training, it's about survival, and people will do just about anything to survive.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#42 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

http://www.nytimes.c...d=tw-share&_r=1

Preliminary Autopsy: 6 shots, all from the front, and all on the right side. No gun shot residue, but the examiners did not have his clothing so that's not conclusive. Very little about the trajectory except the one to the head, and the examiner says it could have been because he was giving up or because he was charging.

#43 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

Funny how when a black man shoots a white guy or rapes a white woman nothing in brought up. But when a white guy kills a black man the world erupts.

I'm not going to go into detail about it, but from what I've heard, the black guy tried to take the cop's gun. In which case, the cop did what was needed to be done. You don't go around trying to grab people's guns, even if you're just 'joking' around. For all that cop could have known, he was a member of some gang trying to pull some kind of move on him. Cop did his job. That's all I'm saying.

I'd do the exact same thing. I don't know you, you try to grab my gun, I'm shooting you. That's all there is to it. I don't know you. I don't know how dangerous or gentle you are. I'm going to do whatever is necessary for me to defend myself. There's nothing more to that story.

So what's the next topic? More anti-gun BS from the liberal media saying how all guns need to be banned? Good luck with that. Be sure to let me know how it goes.

Edited by Night Hawk, 18 August 2014 - 08:51 PM.

#44 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

So what's the next topic? More anti-gun BS from the liberal media saying how all guns need to be banned? Good luck with that. Be sure to let me know how it goes.

Dude what's with you and your obsession with the "liberal media"? Most liberal people don't even want to ban all guns, they just want to put restrictions on who can buy guns. 

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#45 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

Dude what's with you and your obsession with the "liberal media"? Most liberal people don't even want to ban all guns, they just want to put restrictions on who can buy guns. 

I'm just saying. Every time a mass shooting has happened, people have always jumped to the gun. Not the man behind the gun. They blame the tool for the killings. Not the person using the tool.

#46 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:09 PM

I'm just saying. Every time a mass shooting has happened, people have always jumped to the gun. Not the man behind the gun. They blame the tool for the killings. Not the person using the tool.

I didn't see anyone blaming the gun here?

ナルサク

#47 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:18 PM

http://www.mediaite....ting-aftermath/

Additional witnesses information. Contains images of Brown's body, so be forewarned. Though not stated, her statement raises another question; the autopsy report says he was shot six times, but that only means he was hit six times. That doesn't mean he fired only six times.

I wonder if they located any shell casings or other evidence that would indicate how many times Wilson fired his gun. If it turns out more than six, then it could explain the initial discrepancy between the report and witness statements. I'd also be curious about the timing all these statements were made.

#48 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:49 PM

Yeah, the person using the tool is the reason why they want to put restrictions on guns. So that people who misuse the tool don't get the tool in the first place. 

#49 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

Personally I think that the two wounds to focus on are the reentry wound on the chest and the graze on the arm, first the reentry wound, the only wounds that would line up with it at any point are the ones on the arm, either the graze on the hand or the shot on the lower part of the arm, both of these possibilities would indicate that Brown was charging officer Wilson at the time of the wound, personally I believe it was the wound on the arm, mainly because I have another theory about the graze on the hand, next the graze on the arm, if Brown was surrendering and had his hands up, the only way this graze could have went across the arm would be if it was fired from above or below the arm, this further indicates that Brown was charging officer Wilson at the time.

Now my theory for the for the graze on the hand, I believe that that was the same bullet that went through Browns head, the man who one of the men who preformed the autopsy said that he believed that to two shots to the head were the last two, that would make since, first would have been the shot right above the eye, since this is believed to be the same bullet that reentered at the base of Brown's neck, this is consistent with someone who is leaning down and trying to tackle, which if you are unarmed and you are running at someone indenting to attack then you would most likely try to tackle him, a wound like that would cause a natural reaction to bring his hands up to protect his face which would also stop his charge, this would bring the graze on the hand to the right position to line up with the head.

@Nate: I think they reason they say 8 shots were fired was because a Glock 9mm's magazine only holds 8 rounds, and people in officer Wilson's situation tend to empty the magazine into the're attacker, plus 4 solid hits out of 8 shots is more along the line of police accuracy.

@Night Hawk: I'd like to see them try to argue this as a reason to ban guns, because their argument would fall apart the moment to mention that it was a cop who used his standard issue sidearm who did the shooting, of course Michael Bloomberg's organization lists the dead Boston Bomber as someone who died due to gun violence even though he was killed by the cops (or possibly his brother running over him with a vehicle I'm not 100% sure which it was).

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#50 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

You know what's sad. That South Park joke is pretty accurate about the whole situation on Black crime and White crime. One guy killed a black guy, court ensued, and the conclusion can be decided. One guy killed a white guy, no court case, straight up guilty, and execution. I laughed but sadly that's closer to reality in US.

#51 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

@Night Hawk: I'd like to see them try to argue this as a reason to ban guns, because their argument would fall apart the moment to mention that it was a cop who used his standard issue sidearm who did the shooting, of course Michael Bloomberg's organization lists the dead Boston Bomber as someone who died due to gun violence even though he was killed by the cops (or possibly his brother running over him with a vehicle I'm not 100% sure which it was).

They've done it before, so why wouldn't they do it again? Even if they did, they've tried to ban guns several times in the past, each time being a failure. Gun bans may work in other countries but it will never happen in the U.S. Too many armed citizens for the police to handle should some kind of serious outbreak actually occur. 

#52 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:33 AM

Watch Hollywood make a movie out of this in 10 years.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#53 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:15 AM

Why didn't the cop just taser Micheal. Judging from the distance, it seems he came charging from across the street.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#54 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

They've done it before, so why wouldn't they do it again? Even if they did, they've tried to ban guns several times in the past, each time being a failure. Gun bans may work in other countries but it will never happen in the U.S. Too many armed citizens for the police to handle should some kind of serious outbreak actually occur. 

Yeah I know, they tried it before, and thankfully they have failed, and I don't see any way for them to succeed any time soon. I'm just saying that if they try to use this as an argument it would be really easy to counter, and if they did use it, I predict that there will be some who clam that they want to disarm the cops.

Watch Hollywood make a movie out of this in 10 years.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Why didn't the cop just taser Micheal. Judging from the distance, it seems he came charging from across the street.

Tasers are not standard issue for police, I think that is a good thing because police are too trigger happy with them, they are only supposed to use them when a suspect becomes violent while resisting but most of the time they use them for people who are under control but not fully cooperating, there was a incident that made big news a few years ago, when a San Francisco cop shoot a man, the cop said that he though he grabbed his taser, but the guy he shot, at the time had 3 other officers on top of him, one of his arms was handcuffed, they were trying to cuff the other, the man was absolutely no threat to the officers, but even if he only intended to tase the man, there was no justification in doing so. Tasers just allow police to be more brutal.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#55 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

Copying and pasting my thoughts from another forum because I'm too lazy to find some way to restate them here:
I have to admit I haven't looked at much yet, but I tend to agree it ought to be left to the law to decide. Prosecuted are to be treated as "innocent until proven guilty", after all...though how much does that actually happen in cases like this?
That said, I find myself pretty torn over this. In any case, perhaps the treatment of law officers suspected of crime under the law ought to be looked at?

Thing is, I'm not going to stand up for a guy if he's wrong. Could either be the man who was shot, or the police officer...as it stands right now, I don't really have a side.
And I'm probably not going to solidly pick one, since I wasn't there, I don't know or have all the evidence, and I don't really trust the media because it really is more interested in stirring up controversy than anything else.

If the police officer was in the wrong, of course that needs to be dealt with. And sadly if that is the case he probably won't get much more than a demotion.

If anything, I'd stand up with citizens calling for there to be a fair trial, assuming they aren't already taking it to court. That's as far as I'd get involved.
tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#56 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

It has been revealed that Officer Wilson suffered an "orbital blowout fracture of the eye socket" during his confrontation with Michael Brown.

Also it appears that Officer Wilson if he is brought to trial, it will not be in the state of Missouri, Governor Jay. Nixon (D) of Missouri has called for a "Vigorous Prosecution" of Wilson, this if before the grand jury even started to decide whether to even charge Wilson.

This sort of bias gives Wilson and his attorney grounds to be tried out of state as Gov. Nixon's bias could influence the verdict or even whether or not Wilson is charged.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#57 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

Four facts about Ferguson the media keeps screwing up

http://www.cracked.c...a_ibsrc=fanpage

#58 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

Gotta love Cracked. :happy:

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#59 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

Thing about Cracked is, they're usually right on point. And they're right- it really doesn't matter that he stole cigars. 

#60 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

So it begins.

"10$ Marthin Luther king"
My dream came true

"50$ American Crusader"
Waste of good ammo, it's my privilge to buy you a replacement box.

"5$ Adolf Hitler"
er hat nichts faslcht gemacht"

"14$ Ron Paul"
it's happening moth..."

"100$ Michael Brown"
I want to apologize to Darren Wilson and the people of ferguson for my bad behavior, i was a thugh and i would have taken a bullet sooner or later..."

"10$ Solaire"
You should have used my sigil for jolly cooperation!

1408705687608.gif

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 22 August 2014 - 11:51 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users