#41 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (六道仙人 @ Mar 6 2013, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
didn't you have noticed that Madara also had the same grin as that naruto's? huh.gif

Kishi doesn't know many ways of drawing people smiling. XD

Yahiko, Jiraiya, Naruto, Konohamaru, Obito, Madara all have the same grin. Even Minato and Nagato on some covers. laugh.gif

ナルサク

#42 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Mar 6 2013, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishi doesn't know many ways of drawing people smiling. XD

Yahiko, Jiraiya, Naruto, Konohamaru, Obito, Madara all have the same grin. Even Minato and Nagato on some covers. laugh.gif

LOL It's because Kishi's style of drawing is so basic and a lot of the character almost share the exact same faces that when they smile, they look alike. LMAO. Nothing special really.

#43 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Mar 6 2013, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL It's because Kishi's style of drawing is so basic and a lot of the character almost share the exact same faces that when they smile, they look alike. LMAO. Nothing special really.

I wasn't criticizing, just noticing. I know, it's no big deal.

ナルサク

#44 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Atheck @ Mar 6 2013, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was actually interested in it as well but for me at least the characters and perpetual recycling of rivals or individuals who may have at one point been companions but are now enemies has been overplayed. It's also due in part to the excessive victimization of the characters. Sure there needs to be some explanation and depth to villains as significant as Madara but depth does not have to nor should it always equate to victimization or ethical ambiguity to such large degrees that we're now debating over whether someone as evil as Orochimaru can't be JnJ'ed.

Complexity is nice, particularly for your primary antagonists, but don't rehash the monotonous concepts of parallelism and moral ambiguity once again. Admittedly if this were before we started receiving so many stories of antagonists who's tales depict them as misguided individuals then perhaps the parallel would work better but when you're this far into the manga and with so many characters having already been given those qualities they lose their impact IMO.

I feel the same way.

I realize that this is the big one, that this parallel and back story is at the root of this whole system.... But I can't bring myself to be excited. I agree, there's been so much repetition of this theme that it has stolen the impact of the big one, for me.

It's interesting. I'm curious to find out the history. But I'm not moved by their story. It's just not fresh, in terms of how many variations of this scenario we've already had. But eh, Kishimoto has found his gimmick and he's sticking with it.

However, I like the traditional outfits and the sense that this reflects the old fuedal Japanese warfare, where each clan was basically it's own army. I really like Hashirama's hair too! laugh.gif It looks normal and less shonen-y compared to Obito/Yahiko/Naruto/Madara's hair. And the illustrations are lovely here too. Lots of scenery and space. And always like the sound-linked panels to draw out the story.

Could live without the potty jokes, tho.

#45 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Mar 6 2013, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, you do really want to say it.
OTHERWISE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TYPED IT IN CAPITAL LETTERS!!! wink.gif
You were right, but if you let your head inflate any more than it has, you're going to float away~ smile.gif

There's no way it's going to wrap in two chapters. This conflict might wrap in that time, but I don't think we'll see the end of the flashback for another couple of months. It's been four weeks and Kishimoto hasn't even gotten to the point of the story yet. The reason for this flashback is to get a point across to Sasuke about the Uchiha clan, so we won't see it end until something significant happens that provides the purpose for the story, like the reason behind Madara's attack (which I feel is connected to the murder of his brother.) I would feel differently had Kishimoto given us a time skip in this chapter, but since we're still stuck in the same time as we were last week, I don't see an end in sight.

I feel like he's planning on flashing to all of the significant moments in Madara's and Hashirama's lives, starting with when they first met, becoming friends, this conflict, overcoming it, the end of the war, the alliance between clans, village life, a conflict within the alliance, the murder of Madara's brother, etc... All the way until we get back to where we started, which was their battle at the Valley of the End.

Anyway, point is, it's going to be a long one so you might as well sit back and enjoy it. It's what you wanted, so don't start complaining if we're still having this discussion in May. sleep.gif

You're right tongue.gif

While I agree this flashback will probably take longer than that, but from what I've remembered so far in the series, flashback arcs don't usually end at more than 7 chapters. We're only about 3 chapters in, so 5-6 chapters is the fastest I can estimate.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#46 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

I don't know why, but young Madara keeps reminding me of Naruto :/

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#47 Kakashi-Sensei

Kakashi-Sensei

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Mar 6 2013, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're right tongue.gif

While I agree this flashback will probably take longer than that, but from what I've remembered so far in the series, flashback arcs don't usually end at more than 7 chapters. We're only about 3 chapters in, so 5-6 chapters is the fastest I can estimate.

Its like the Obitio Kakashi flashback , Kishi dosen't finish it and brick back the manga to the actuel war , so maybe that could happen with the current flashback

300x300.jpg

#48 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

Think this pretty well confirms what Ive been thinking the end will be.

A final clash between Naruto and Sasuke for the philosophy to rule the Ninja world.

The notion of standing firm by your convictions is the key I think. Sasuke will take this advice and after madara is removed or he helps to remove him he will confront Naruto and the two will duke it out no holds barred winner take all,
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#49 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Mar 6 2013, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasn't criticizing, just noticing. I know, it's no big deal.

I wasn't criticizing either. tongue.gif Just commenting. ^^

#50 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Once again Kishi has to bend over backwords to make the Uchiha's actions justified, It's coming to a point where I'm starting to wonder if it was Konoha that was in the wrong in all this.

I wonder if Madara's younger brother will die in the next chapter or it will lead to the situation that will lead to his death, afterall isn't the premise to unlock the MS you need to kill the person closest to you, so I wonder if Kishi will show us how the younger brother unlocked the MS. Also anyone else find it odd that Madara and Hashirama didn't know (though susppected) who the other one was, but the younger brothers and their fathers both knew the other clans younger brothers name...it was a bit strange the way it was done.

iAnby7W.gif

#51 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Like the other few past chapters, this chapter was good for giving us information about the history of the Hashirama's and Madara's past, and their clans.
The parallels in this chapter were more closer to Naruto and Sasuke than the other past few.

I must say that this flashback of youngster Hashirama and Madara will take like 5 chapters more.

Edited by T XD, 06 March 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#52 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

You know... the panel where lil madara and lil hashirama are seated on the mountain planning some projects for their future village (which will become cleary the famous hokages' mountain later) reminds me a lot this:

I'm sure that lil danzo and lil sarutobi are planning too some benefits for their beloved village. Nice from Kishimoto.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#53 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

There will still be alot of flashbacks. We haven't seen flashbacks with Mito ( which by the way would be awesome if we found out that she and Madara with Hashirama formed another love triangle) with the council members, and maybe some flashbacks with Tobirama or Izuna.

But this pretty much establishes that Hashirama was Madara's best friend.

Now for the Sharingan levels to unlock the Uchiha has to:
1. First level be in danger or one of his friends/relatives
2. Mangekyo Kill a friend ( though I think Sasuke's Mangekyo was activated when Itachi died. Not sure if I'm right or not on that one please correct me)
3. Eternal Take your brother's eyes.

So how does Madara get the Mangekyo? kills his father?

#54 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (六道仙人 @ Mar 6 2013, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know... the panel where lil madara and lil hashirama are seated on the mountain planning some projects for their future village (which will become cleary the famous hokages' mountain later) reminds me a lot this:

I'm sure that lil danzo and lil sarutobi are planning too some benefits for their beloved village. Nice from Kishimoto.

That panel with Danzo and Hiruzen is one of the best in the manga, I think.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#55 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ Mar 6 2013, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why? Because of how he grins? The way Hashirama smiles also resembles Naruto's. One thing's for sure Sasuke is not going to be some parallel of Hashirama if that's what you wonder. And in the end the parallel here is less about personalities and more about origins and development.

It's been alluded ever since the end of Part 1 that Naruto takes Hashirama's role and Sasuke takes Madara's. The mythos overall portrays it that way and Obito basically tells it to Naruto in his face during their talk in the Summit arc.

I think it's better this way. That makes Hashirama and Madara more their own characters and less being copies of Naruto and Sasuke. I even get the feeling that Mito could have notable differences from Sakura, although I do think she'll have a temper to match Hashi's jokester personality (which matches Naruto's prankster tendencies).

#56 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Madara's father is ugly as kitten.

Seriously, his face gives off the look of some creepy rapist pedophile serial killer.

What i'm basically trying to say is that he looks evil.

#57 CynMichi

CynMichi

Acolyte of The Many-Faced God

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Anime and manga ^_^ Reading, baking, and sword collecting!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Mar 6 2013, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once again Kishi has to bend over backwords to make the Uchiha's actions justified, It's coming to a point where I'm starting to wonder if it was Konoha that was in the wrong in all this.

I wonder if Madara's younger brother will die in the next chapter or it will lead to the situation that will lead to his death, afterall isn't the premise to unlock the MS you need to kill the person closest to you, so I wonder if Kishi will show us how the younger brother unlocked the MS. Also anyone else find it odd that Madara and Hashirama didn't know (though susppected) who the other one was, but the younger brothers and their fathers both knew the other clans younger brothers name...it was a bit strange the way it was done.

You know I thought maybe Tobirama would be the one to kill Izuna but, upon looking back at chapter 386 page 5 (where Itachi explains about how Izuna and Madara awakened their mangekyou sharingan) I think things will take a surprise turn. I know Kishi is fond of parallels but I feel like something bigger is lurking about. Looking at chapter 386 , both Uchiha brothers seem to be teenagers at least, so my guess is that both fathers Uchiha and Senju kill one another.
I also call that one of the two will jump in front of their son to tie in with the theme "protect the precious next generation". It leaves you then with Madara as head of Uchiha and Hashirama in charge of Senju clan to pave the groundwork for what will be Konoha.

I think Mito and the Uzumaki clan will play a big role in the upcoming flashback and of course the shipper in me wants a love triangle. I feel like Izuna's death, however it comes about, will be the result of Madara being unable to protect him...just like Obito with Rin ... this is out there but my theory is Izuna at some point protects Hashirama at the cost of his own life to protect the "path to peace" like Itachi. It could explain the feeling of angst Madara gives off...granted we haven't seen much of the real Madara's thoughts....but his character strikes me as sad and very bitter.

I hate that we have to wait a whole week in between chapters but Kishi always comes back with a bang ....or so I hope happy.gif

#58 That Uchiha

That Uchiha

The Avatar's Love

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Korrasami, The Legend of Korra, Avatar: the Last Airbender, The 100

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ Mar 6 2013, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tongue.gif

Chapter 623

I loved it!
HashiMada is now more canon than NaruSasu, never thought that would happen.
I just had to make this sig, the chapter demanded it. cool.gif

The HashiMada friendship is so much better than Naruto and Sasuke's, it's beautiful.
Its like Fox and the Hound.

Madara has the best facial expressions in the entire manga. laugh.gif

A lot of people want Mito Uzumaki to appear, not me. I don't want her to destroy this beautiful bromance with some silly love triangle. rolleyes.gif
Unfortunately if that does happen, I'm expecting it to be Madara -> Hashirama -> Mito
There's no way Madara is interested in women, no way.

307yhqh.gif

"Asami is Korra's Heart"
[follow for more korrasami & atla / lok]

#59 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (That Uchiha @ Mar 6 2013, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tongue.gif

Chapter 623

I loved it!
HashiMada is now more canon than NaruSasu, never thought that would happen.
I just had to make this sig, the chapter demanded it. cool.gif

The HashiMada friendship is so much better than Naruto and Sasuke's, it's beautiful.
Its like Fox and the Hound.

Madara has the best facial expressions in the entire manga. laugh.gif

A lot of people want Mito Uzumaki to appear, not me. I don't want her to destroy this beautiful bromance with some silly love triangle. rolleyes.gif
Unfortunately if that does happen, I'm expecting it to be Madara -> Hashirama -> Mito
There's no way Madara is interested in women, no way.

They never will be like NaruSasu, they both had brothers and acknowledge each other, both Madara acknowledge Hashirama as his rival, they had similar backgrounds they are like brothers.
With Naruto Sasuke does not even acknowledge him as an equal.

I dont see similarity with Madara with Naruto and Naruto with Hashirama they have unique traits that define them sometimes, Madara can be annoying some times with overwhelming sentences and Hashirama have the attitude to be ashamed a lot.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 06 March 2013 - 11:51 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#60 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

@That Uchiha

That sig of yours. 111189.gif I knew it was only a matter of time until someone made it.

Regarding love triangle, I also don't want one. I would rather Hashi and Mito have their own personal romance story. We already have a love triangle parallel with Team Minato.

Although if there's a love triangle I expect it to be Hashirama -> Mito -> Madara. Then Mito starts falling for Hashirama and that gets easily resolved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users