True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (Grizzly1 @ Mar 6 2009, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
does anyone know what Chibaku Tensei means?

地爆天星 - Chibaku Tensei

Chi is the kanji for Earth, and baku is the kanji for Bomb.

Tensei - holy/divine

#42 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Mar 6 2009, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Problem, how would they get away with Naruto without being seen? I think the Akatsuki would notice "hey we're not sealing anything".

lol really. I agree.

Does anybody think Sakura will be the one to suppress Naruto? And I think 6 tails is gonna beat the
s*** out of Pain.

Edited by SageNaru, 06 March 2009 - 07:20 AM.

#43 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 6 2009, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I can say is that I would be very happy to admit I was wrong if Kishi were to prove otherwise; I just don't think he will at this point.

I mean even from my view point of a Naru/Saku shipper, the confession from Hinata was a nice piece. Hinata basically did everything she really wanted to do. She overcame her insecurity. Was able to stand in front of a impossibly strong opponent unafraid. And she also managed to tell Naruto her feelings. If anything I think that warranted a nice dignified death.

But the image they had of her reminded me of a dog that just got hit by a car but yet was still alive so it was kicking its broken body around in a circle. I mean let the girl die.

Only thing i can say is, if she like someone stated before that she says some inspiring last words to Sakura before she passes on. And if that's the case, i guess that's cool, but I mean if anything the way she was in her last minutes seemed to be more of a testament than anything else.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#44 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 6 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I mean even from my view point of a Naru/Saku shipper, the confession from Hinata was a nice piece. Hinata basically did everything she really wanted to do. She overcame her insecurity. Was able to stand in front of a impossibly strong opponent unafraid. And she also managed to tell Naruto her feelings. If anything I think that warranted a nice dignified death.

But the image they had of her reminded me of a dog that just got hit by a car but yet was still alive so it was kicking its broken body around in a circle. I mean let the girl die.

Only thing i can say is, if she like someone stated before that she says some inspiring last words to Sakura before she passes on. And if that's the case, i guess that's cool, but I mean if anything the way she was in her last minutes seemed to be more of a testament than anything else.

Same here. I was actually moved by her little speech and her confession. And I would really like to see her say some last words.

This also reminds me of an "interview" (not really sure) that kishi did say that "Sakura needs to grow up" maybe all this is leading to that and she does something awesome.
wow.png

Edited by SageNaru, 06 March 2009 - 07:25 AM.

#45 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:24 AM

Yeah, not really sure what's going to happen. The crushing of the necklace is not only bad in that its a way to control the Kyuubi, but it was also Tsunade's way of saying that she believed Naruto could become the next Hokage. Is this symbolic of the fox crushing his chances at his dream? Consider the fallout from this could be epic, especially if Danzo's little coup comes into play, Naruto will be even more ostracized than he would be just for losing control and destroying the village some.

A rescue Naruto arc would be interesting, especially in that, theoretically, although I'm uncertain of whether or not it is fact, they need all of the other bijuu before they can seal the nine tails. Man, more and more I'm getting a 'The Empire Strikes Back' vibe with Part 2 of this series. My god, can you imagine the fan cry out if Naruto were the Han and stuck in carbonite iuntil part 3? This would actually allow a great deal of time to focus on Sakura and there's also the Kage summit to consider as well. There's really a lot of factors that have to be taken into account in regards to where this could go, and what's funny is that while on a chapter by chapter basis things may have been irritating as far as plot goes, when you put it all together it works well. I'm very interested to see where it goes from here, but I don't know if I'll be able to take it going my usual chapter by chapter. May have to pull away and wait for a few chapters to build. (Yeah, right. Who am I kidding.)

Hinata not being dead, well, too soon to tell still. Maybe she lives, maybe she dies. Honestly, I don't even care as much as I did in the previous chapter (now that all the 'panic' has settled down from her confession) but that whole chapter still feels very forced. Maybe I'm spoiled by the Five lifetimes confession of Bleach (which is Romantic. Period. Hinata's confession? Not so much. I think that the aftermath will probably have a great deal to play into how it all pans out. I think if Hinata is basically stuck there dying, or dies, or is not a part of the rescue effort, then it is as we expect and nothing will come of it. If she becomes a huge player somehow when she never was before, well, it looks like Kishi has whipped out the shoehorn and is going to disappoint us all by forcing in a pairing this late in the game.

So I look forward ot what happens in the future and wait with bated breath for the next chapter/s.

#46 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:29 AM

there is another element to consider here as well.

Itachi and his gift to Naruto.

While the most likely use of it will come during either the confrontation with Madara or Sasuke. it is a slium chance that it may come into play in some fashion to help him gain control of the Kyubi. the mangekyo is one of the only abilities availble to suprress or control the Bijuu.

could Itachis gift enable Naruto to do just that?
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#47 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Mar 6 2009, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While the most likely use of it will come during either the confrontation with Madara or Sasuke. it is a slium chance that it may come into play in some fashion to help him gain control of the Kyubi. the mangekyo is one of the only abilities availble to suprress or control the Bijuu.

I also thought about this (and got the same idea too) and it would be really nice to see it now but I have a feeling that it will come out when he fights sasuke again. But that's just me.

#48 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (True @ Mar 6 2009, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
地爆天星 - Chibaku Tensei

Chi is the kanji for Earth, and baku is the kanji for Bomb.

Tensei - holy/divine

Chibaku Tensei= Holy Earth Bomb? I would make a Monty Python reference but that would be beneath me....

Oh what the hell.

BRING OUT THE HOLY HAND GRENADE!

uc.png

#49 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Mar 6 2009, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chibaku Tensei= Holy Earth Bomb? I would make a Monty Python reference but that would be beneath me....

Oh what the hell.

BRING OUT THE HOLY HAND GRENADE!

lmao

I really wonder what it will do though? Still think it wont beat 6 tails.

#50 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Mar 6 2009, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True. Itachi's gift will be very interesting. What if Naruto is in control and was the one that destroyed the necklace, and is going after Pein, and Itachi's gift has already manifested? Just to say, he crushed the necklace to avoid having the fox transformation being controlled/sealed because he was ready to unleash some serious ... 'heck' if you will on Pein.

Still, I imagine Itachi's parting gift is something anti-Madara. It's what he gave Sasuke, and Naruto needs such a defense even more as he contains the very thing that is basically Madara's puppet.

#51 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (SageNaru @ Mar 6 2009, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lmao

I really wonder what it will do though? Still think it wont beat 6 tails.

Me either, I think he's just REALLY desperate.

uc.png

#52 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Mar 6 2009, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me either, I think he's just REALLY desperate.

It might end up backfiring on him. Cause he didn't do ANYTHING with the shinra tensi and 6 tails threw it back at him. So I'm pretty sure that this cold be the end of Pain.

#53 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (SageNaru @ Mar 6 2009, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It might end up backfiring on him. Cause he didn't do ANYTHING with the shinra tensi and 6 tails threw it back at him. So I'm pretty sure that this cold be the end of Pain.

Yeah but like I said earlier it will also result in Naruto being near death.

uc.png

#54 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:13 AM

Three pages already? XD

I liked this chapter. happy.gif Kyuubi Naruto crushing the necklace is definitely a huge development. He no longer has his safety net. I also liked seeing Sakura take charge. happy.gif

QUOTE (Denim88 @ Mar 6 2009, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the way I see it, both him learning to control Kyuubi AND getting captured is crucial to the development for Naruto's character.

First off, if Naruto is captured, there's not a doubt in my mind that his closest friends will go to find him. Sakura no doubt will go to find him, seeing as she's come to understand Naruto's position as a Jinchuuriki and has seen the effects of removing a bijuu first hand: the character dies. I'm pretty sure she'd do everything in her power to prevent one of her dearest friends from dying. If Naruto found out that people were indeed trying to save him, despite the serious risks, he'd probably come to realize just how much he means to others. He's lived a good portion of his life alone, so with his friends trying to save him, perhaps he'll learn that it's okay to rely on others to help with his troubles every now and then. From what I've seen in Naruto, he's often trying to do things on his own, or protect others even if it costs him his safety. No matter what, he'll definitely experience some development in his character with these recent events.

Also, yes, if Naruto learned how to control the Kyuubi, that'd be awesome. Still, even with the Kyuubi's power controlled, I fear that Naruto will be captured. Pain (or Nagato, however you prefer) has a plan in mind it seems. He's far enough away where he'd be able to probably successfully capture Naruto before the others arrive to help Naruto.

In the end, I believe that Naruto will be experiencing the same experience the other Jinchuuriki did; capture. What I believe the difference with him is that he will be saved, or manage to be freed before the Kyuubi can be extracted. Naruto HAS learned how to control the Kyuubi better, but with that necklace shattered, it will make things more difficult. I think it takes time to learn how to control such a powerful demon like the Kyuubi. Killer Bee himself was able to control the second most powerful bijuu (that or the Hachibi was a relatively calm demon). Perhaps it's the bijuu's nature that determines how well the Jinchuuriki and bijuu work together. If the Kyuubi wishes to live, that's fine, but it doesn't mean he will help without some consequences (such as harming Sakura or destroying Konoha even further).

Well, either way, the chapters have gotten even better now with the recent events in my opinion. I'm looking forward to what happens next.

This. Yes.

I firmly believe Naruto will be captured. I think Sakura will try to heal Hinata and there'll be a scene between the two of them. After that, Sakura hears Naruto has been captured... It would be a huge catalyst for character development. We may also see Sasuke forced to stop prancing about the bush and choose a side. Will he try to help Naruto, or will he simply stand by and let Madara extract the Kyuubi? If he chooses the latter, it could well change Sakura's opinion of him if she witnesses it. Like Naruto, she was willing to forgive Sasuke and welcome him back to Konoha, but would Sakura see his taking part in Naruto's capture as an unforgivable act?

Danzou's plan has backfired spectacularly. Now there is no Konoha for him to govern. If he's still alive, he might try to force the shinobi to choose between the village and Naruto, perhaps even painting Tsunade and Naruto as traitors who brought about Konoha's downfall.

Oh, I really cannot wait for future chapters. biggrin.gif

P.S. Nice to hear Orobuto hasn't fallen off the planet. happy.gif

#55 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 6 2009, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More than slightly. Kishi's hopeless. I really don't think he can bring himself to kill one of the Nine.

Add me to that group. I don't think he can either.

I'd be thrilled if he finally did. I want to be wrong about this, but the longer she lives the less I think I am.

#56 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:06 PM

I feel mean that part of me hopes Hinata DOES die... maybe she'll tell Sakura to save her chakra for healing Naruto or something... heroic... yeah.

And not that this is the best time for it to appear, but what the **** happened to Naruto's key?

#57 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:31 PM

This is one intense chapter! XDD

Since Naruto broke the necklace, does anyone realize there's a backup besides Yamato? (ahem, the Key Frog, that's probably how everyone going to save Naruto at this point and also the chance for everyone to learn about Naruto and the Kyuubi) or maybe Tsunade will play a part of this (since that was her necklace in the first place).

I really don't see any Naruto capturing yet because Pain will be done for soon. And why capturing him now, it basically ruins his character and status. Unless its like in the final chapters because I can really see it for the big, grand finale.

*still irritated about Hinata still alive but she's barely, maybe enough to rest peaceful and tell Sakura her dying words*

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#58 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

[/quote]

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 6 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is one intense chapter! XDD

Since Naruto broke the necklace, does anyone realize there's a backup besides Yamato? (ahem, the Key Frog, that's probably how everyone going to save Naruto at this point and also the chance for everyone to learn about Naruto and the Kyuubi) or maybe Tsunade will play a part of this (since that was her necklace in the first place).

I really don't see any Naruto capturing yet because Pain will be done for soon. And why capturing him now, it basically ruins his character and status. Unless its like in the final chapters because I can really see it for the big, grand finale.

*still irritated about Hinata still alive but she's barely, maybe enough to rest peaceful and tell Sakura her dying words*

umm, even if they wanted to use the key, they'd need an expert on seals & Jiraiya was revered to be konoha's "seal master" so, no chances of that happening unless Ma frog wakes up since she might be the only one who knows how to use it.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#59 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 6 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is just me or is anyone else slightly irritated that Hinata's not dead?

Yes. When I saw the spoilers, I just wanted to grab Pein's rod and shove through her a couple more times screaming, "Just die already!" Not anything personal against Hinata, but come on Kishi! Grow some balls and kill off one of the Rookie Nine already!! ><

I was pretty upset that Naruto destroyed the necklace -> it signified quite a bit the bond that Naruto and Tsunade had, and now its destroyed. ;_;
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#60 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:38 PM

I have to disagree with everyone who think Naruto will be captured at the end of this, everyone is forgetting that with the current state of Konoha, it would be prudent for them to send the only fit and capable ninja's they have to go save Naruto, If you remember the Sasuke retrieval arc, Tsunade was forced to send one newly promoted Chunnin and four Genin as Konoha had no experienced ninja's to spare. Also we have to remember that at the moment only the Ying side of Kyuubi is accessable wthin Naruto, the yang and more dangerous is sealed off completely and can't be unlocked without the key held by the toad (And since nobody else knows about the seal, they would not realise anything went wrong untill it's too late). So even if they did capture NAruto the suspense wouldn't be all that great because we'd know it would be a failure at the won't be able to extract the full power of the Kyuubi.

I'm still not happy with the current events, from Hinata's confession, to Naruto going six tails to how Sakura found out straight away about Hinata's situation. It's all too rushed and kinda unoriginal.

The only two parts I found interesting was the necklace getting crushed, first because I want to see Naruto's reaction when he realises he distroyed an artifact worth a mountain of gold as well as Tsunade reaction to it all...lol. But more importantly this basically means Naruto can no longer rely on third party help he'll have to step up to the plate and take control himself. I think the atom bomb move Pein is about to use will definitely weaken the Kyuubi somehow but I doubt it will be enough to stop Kyuubi, And he should be able to defeat God Realm after this as I doubt Pein will have anything left in him after that move. (Kishi has gone over the top with how powerful he's given Pein in comparision to every other ninja,) The weakened state should allow Yamato to get through to Naruto somehow encouraging him to fight and take control, Maybe Yamato will supress Kyuubi for long enough for Sakura to get through to him and tell him Hinata is stable or something.

Also another factor to consider is the last clone that has still not come into play. Maybe if that is summoned by Ma Toad, it will supress the Kyuubi, similar to how the First Hokage could control the Bijuu's as his bloodline sugest he was one with nature.

And the seocond part was how Sakura seemed to be in charge, which I gotta say was hot, Do you think it means that with the fifth currently ouit of action Sakura is acting Hokage as she is the Fifth Hokage's apprentice?

Edited by harry4e, 06 March 2009 - 03:41 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users