#41 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jul 18 2012, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most likely, yeah. But even if it's not, Tobi will have my love, whoever he is. I just hope that Kishi doesn't waste Tobi's potential like he did Kabuto's. dry.gif

But if it IS obito...why is he doing this?? does he regret stuff?? .....arrrrrg I'm confused!!! ....I'm starting to wonder if kishi even knows... biggrin.gif

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#42 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

Finally a chapter worth getting excited over and I'm glad to see Kurama is playing nice and helping out Naruto instead of trying to overtake him. I'll be looking forward to next week's chapter when Tobi finally decides to fight, this should be good! biggrin.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#43 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

Yeah, Obito is a pretty likely candidate. Right now I'm just trying to come up with a good explanation for why? However, the only thing I can come up with is just that he want's to "unite" the world in peace because he saw how war ruins lives or something. dry.gif

Or maybe he's just want's his eye back from Kakashi, who knows really. laugh.gif All I know is that, for the first time in a really really long time, I'm super excited about Naruto again. a_dance.gif

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#44 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

if it is obito how did he look the size of an adult when kakashi was still a kid (keeping up a henge would probably be pretty hard while doing eye warpy stuff)? (speaking of kyuubi's attack)

Edited by pharix, 18 July 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#45 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts
  • Interests:I'm still alive! more active on twitter :)

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

I waited to comment on this chapter, because I have so much to say. biggrin.gif But I'm not a fond of long posts, so I can start with saying this was an awesome chapter!! biggrin.gif Naruto, I thought I would never see you again shamefulcry0js.gif

I always thought Tobi was from Konoha, mixed with Zetsu, but does it need to be Obito? If there's one thing I would hate, it's that the only simply kind Uchiha turned evil. Obito died, if Tobi used his body, I don't know why, but I just don't like to think of it. Edit; After reading the comments above, if it really is Obito, we need another flashback arc. Because how the heck did he survive then?? argh1.png My best guess is that someone found his body, you know Uchiha and how worthy they are. Maybe the experimented with him, and made him nuts. But I still refuse to think it's Obito.

I predict that by next chapter, K11 will be there with Naruto, as we'll probably stick to him for a while.
And Killer Bee-sama laugh.gif He and Jiraiya would be best-budds, I bet!

Edited by sushi., 18 July 2012 - 11:19 PM.

ナルサク

#46 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

Finally! Back to Naruto biggrin.gif . Don't get my wrong, I love the Uchiha brothers but I'm glad Sasuke wasn't in that chapter for once tongue.gif . Tobi I think might be Obito given his statement but it would make me sad that the only non-f**cked up Uchiha had to turn evil.

I'm completely looking forward to the next chapter. Tobi vs. Naruto happy.gif. Also, Bee and Jiraiya would get along great laugh.gif

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#47 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

How can u swallow a entire ocean?
SK-303_image007.jpg

#48 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

Why does everybody think Tobi is Obito? In Itachi's flashback to Sasuke, Tobi was much too old to be Obito. Tobi looked to be at least 30, while Obito was only 7-8.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#49 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:09 AM

If you're big and strong enough, swallowing an ocean is probably like taking a sip of water.

Also, I believe Tobi will end up underestimating the Juubi honestly.

As for the Tobito theory, he's the same age as Kakashi. We first saw Tobi in the past when he attacked Minato. Not sure how old Kakashi was then, but he was way older than 7-8.

Edited by kirabook, 19 July 2012 - 12:11 AM.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#50 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts
  • Interests:I'm still alive! more active on twitter :)

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

Obito was 13 when he died. But apparently, Tobi knows Gai and Kakashi enough to make snide comments. hm.png He must be originate from Konoha. Like every other famous villain. heheelq7.png

Konoha is badass.

Edited by sushi., 19 July 2012 - 12:37 AM.

ナルサク

#51 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Jul 18 2012, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does everybody think Tobi is Obito? In Itachi's flashback to Sasuke, Tobi was much too old to be Obito. Tobi looked to be at least 30, while Obito was only 7-8.

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jul 18 2012, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you're big and strong enough, swallowing an ocean is probably like taking a sip of water.

Also, I believe Tobi will end up underestimating the Juubi honestly.

As for the Tobito theory, he's the same age as Kakashi. We first saw Tobi in the past when he attacked Minato. Not sure how old Kakashi was then, but he was way older than 7-8.

These two, and also the fact that he had both eyes (if not, he would've been able to use Izanagi against Konan).

But anyway, to stick to chapter talking, did anyone noticed that Mazou looked like it had a severely strong headache?

#52 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:38 AM

I really don't think that Tobi is Obito because A: he looks way to old to be 31 (which is how old Kakashi is right now), B: He had two sharingan's during his fight with Konan (If I'm not mistaken you can see both of them at one point during the fight), and C: I don't see why Obito would do this, it goes completely against his character.

Although I do believe that he is an Uchiha manly because he had two sharingans, and I think the reason we never saw them before the Itachi Persute arc was because he wasn't using it.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#53 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:45 AM

The way Tobi spoke to Kakashi, it seems both of them know each other personally. And the only regret Kakashi had that we know of is with his Team Minato. Obito is a strong candidate. But what if Tobi is actually an Edo Tensei body of a random Uchiha who had materialization powers(possibly Shisui)?

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#54 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:51 AM

Given Tobi had that lair full of Uchiha eyes, it's not too far fetched to believe he implanted them, or at least the one he hid behind his mask. Just look at people like Danzo, he had them all in his arm and everything.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#55 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:59 AM

Okay, is it just me, or does Tobi's plot of "Making this world one, and free of anyone, no war, no peace, nothing, a perfect world" & "all that will exist is a single neverending dream" give off vibes of the Instrumentality Project from Evangelion?

Edited by The Notorious L.I.D., 19 July 2012 - 04:59 AM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#56 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:24 AM

I don't know who Tobi is anymore. It is the biggest mystery in this manga. We all thought it was Madara Uchiha because he knew things from long ago even before Obito was alive in great detail yet this chapter just proves that it could be Obito. We also got an inconsistency that Madara knew how to do the Edo Tensei, yet Tobi new nothing of it and had to have Kabuto explain it. Yet, many of the mannerism that Tobi does do is similar to Madara.

I am glad we are back to Naruto again.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#57 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jul 19 2012, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Given Tobi had that lair full of Uchiha eyes, it's not too far fetched to believe he implanted them, or at least the one he hid behind his mask. Just look at people like Danzo, he had them all in his arm and everything.

I've always thought the theory could be plausible- if what happened was that Orochimaru found the not quite dead body of Obito, and implanted Madara's soul in it, but because Obito wasn't quite dead a messed up fragment of his personality and memories remained- which is why Tobi's personality has such a dramatic difference from the personality we see of the Edo of Madara.

As for the height issue, it's not as much of one as it first might seem- look at Kakashi and Gai in the Kyubi attack flashback- they are nearly within adult male height at 14, and we've seen that Obito was taller than Kakashi at 13, plus we've also seen Uchiha males hit their peak growth spurt early.

It's not a totally ridiculous theory, especially with qualifiers like the above. I'm not totally sold on the Obito=Tobi theory, but if it happens I won't be surprised.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#58 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

Still think its Obito do to the fact that he made that comment to Kakashi.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#59 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Jul 19 2012, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still think its Obito do to the fact that he made that comment to Kakashi.

People act like Obito would have special knowledge that no one else could and I don't see how that is. Kakashi has lived a life of regrets primarily because of what happened to Obito.

So why would that piece of knowledge be unique to Obito? In fact, assuming Obito dies at that point how would he know it? His "death" was the cause of it. He would have had to learn that by spending at least some time hovering around the guy (or simply assuming it)(assuming he ended up living) after the fact. Something anyone could do.

The Kakashi he knew was not living a life of regrets up to that point and if Rin is included in that she was still alive at that point. I also suspect Obito's death was not super secret knowledge within Konoha. It's hard to believe that the death of a rookie teammate remains unknown to the people of the village. Especially when it's an Uchiha. It would be hard to hide that Team Seven is suddenly down a man.

It's unique knowledge to those outside of Konoha and subsequent generations, but not unique to Kakashi personally. Tobi has been in and around Konoha for years and Kakashi is a well-known ninja. It's not impossible for him to have acquired it by some other method or be some other ninja related to Konoha.

I'm not sold either, but like ciardha, I would not be surprised to see it be Obito in some capacity (used his body, fragmented consciousness or whatever).

If anything is telling it is the fact that he has Kakashi around at a time when it appears Tobi's identity is going to be revealed. It could have been anybody or nobody. I think it's obviously going to be someone familiar to Gai and Kakashi and that one or both of them will be used to explain to Naruto who it is. I don't think Naruto is going to know off-hand.

Anyway, I think the statement means less than people say it does. The most I am willing to say is that is shows exactly what Kakashi's presence does: that it is someone who is familiar Kakashi's past and his response to that event. Obito and his Uchiha connection is certainly an available possibility, but there are others who could fit the bill.

#60 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jul 19 2012, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People act like Obito would have special knowledge that no one else could and I don't see how that is. Kakashi has lived a life of regrets primarily because of what happened to Obito.

So why would that piece of knowledge be unique to Obito? In fact, assuming Obito dies at that point how would he know it? His "death" was the cause of it. He would have had to learn that by spending at least some time hovering around the guy (or simply assuming it)(assuming he ended up living) after the fact. Something anyone could do.

The Kakashi he knew was not living a life of regrets up to that point and if Rin is included in that she was still alive at that point. I also suspect Obito's death was not super secret knowledge within Konoha. It's hard to believe that the death of a rookie teammate remains unknown to the people of the village. Especially when it's an Uchiha. It would be hard to hide that Team Seven is suddenly down a man.

It's unique knowledge to those outside of Konoha and subsequent generations, but not unique to Kakashi personally. Tobi has been in and around Konoha for years and Kakashi is a well-known ninja. It's not impossible for him to have acquired it by some other method or be some other ninja related to Konoha.

I'm not sold either, but like ciardha, I would not be surprised to see it be Obito in some capacity (used his body, fragmented consciousness or whatever).

If anything is telling it is the fact that he has Kakashi around at a time when it appears Tobi's identity is going to be revealed. It could have been anybody or nobody. I think it's obviously going to be someone familiar to Gai and Kakashi and that one or both of them will be used to explain to Naruto who it is. I don't think Naruto is going to know off-hand.

Anyway, I think the statement means less than people say it does. The most I am willing to say is that is shows exactly what Kakashi's presence does: that it is someone who is familiar Kakashi's past and his response to that event. Obito and his Uchiha connection is certainly an available possibility, but there are others who could fit the bill.

I agree. I can't decide if this chapter was meant to drop hints that it's Obito or be a red herring for everyone who already believes it is.

If it is, then I smell a flashback and redemption for Tobi. Unfortunately it's entirely too convenient that Kakashi's there. Because this fight could go down like the Kabuto one, where Naruto doesn't have to sully his hands. And if Tobi isn't interested in resurrecting a completed Juubi, then Naruto's dodged another bullet of having the kyuubi removed. So Tobi could cleanly be dealt with by Kakashi with no adverse plot effects.

Tell me again, what was the purpose of Tobi luring Naruto into battle if he could have already gotten what he needed from the Golden Twins?

All of those things make it very convenient to do away with Tobi (having Naruto's kyuubi chakra without actually having to disable Naruto, and having the hint of Tobi's making being tied to Kakashi somehow) without actually having to have Naruto do it, or have a reason to do it. Tobi's not actually going after Naruto anymore and Kakashi has the most reason to defeat/redeem Tobi if he's really Obito.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users