Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:12 AM

Awww so romantic  :lmao:

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#50102 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:27 AM

OH GOD MY EYES THEY BURN!!!

Yeah, I cant even stand to look at Sasuke or Hinata anymore.

#50103 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:23 AM

I think the appeal of SasuHIna to some is that a Naruto fangirl falls in love with his rival who had a fangirl of his own. 

Not my cup of tea really. Though Sasuke used to be one of my favorites, in the context of canon and how he treats his family makes me sick to my stomach and Hinata has less personality than a rock, so...yeah.

Another stupid justification for the pairings:
If a girl adds "-kun!" to a character's name, she's heads over heels in love with him!

Obviously the clip above says otherwise. I admit I am not an expert in Japanese linguistics nor am I aware of all the different subtilties in Japanese culture, but kun, to my knowledge, is not a romantic term. From what I understand, it's a term used for someone you are close to or respect deeply. Male characters use this suffix between them fairly often. Orohime addressed Ichigo, Chad, and Uryuu with this as well. To my knowledge, she only slept with ONE of those characters. 

Oh, and Kagome's friends addressed her brother with kun. Does that mean they were hitting on a 9 year old?

#50104 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:55 PM

Obviously the clip above says otherwise. I admit I am not an expert in Japanese linguistics nor am I aware of all the different subtilties in Japanese culture, but kun, to my knowledge, is not a romantic term. From what I understand, it's a term used for someone you are close to or respect deeply. Male characters use this suffix between them fairly often. Orohime addressed Ichigo, Chad, and Uryuu with this as well. To my knowledge, she only slept with ONE of those characters. 

It's just an honorific used to refer to young boys or young men. Emotional attachment or familiarity could be attached to the use of it but it does not on its own really denote anything at all other than the target being a young (or younger) male.

#50105 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:50 PM

It's used for girls as well, if you're being super formal I think. It is just not used as much

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#50106 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:14 PM

Oh right, that's true. So even that it denotes "youthful male" isn't a hard and fast rule.

#50107 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:36 PM

I think the appeal of SasuHIna to some is that a Naruto fangirl falls in love with his rival who had a fangirl of his own. 

Not my cup of tea really. Though Sasuke used to be one of my favorites, in the context of canon and how he treats his family makes me sick to my stomach and Hinata has less personality than a rock, so...yeah.

Another stupid justification for the pairings:
If a girl adds "-kun!" to a character's name, she's heads over heels in love with him!

Oh, and Kagome's friends addressed her brother with kun. Does that mean they were hitting on a 9 year old?

It is not what it is, it is who it is.

Hinata says "-kun" it is automatically romantic. (Unless it is to someone else then it is just respect.)
Sakura says "-kun" she is just being polite and a teammate and not romantic. (Unless it is to Sasuke, then it is practically a marriage proposal and shows how obsessed she is. "Stupid b-*beeeeeeeep*")

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50108 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:01 AM

When it comes to simplistic idiots, all it takes is for one person to glance at another for it to be "destiny", "meant to be", "complete understanding", etc.

2e5.gif

#50109 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:38 PM

It is not what it is, it is who it is.

Hinata says "-kun" it is automatically romantic. (Unless it is to someone else then it is just respect.)
Sakura says "-kun" she is just being polite and a teammate and not romantic. (Unless it is to Sasuke, then it is practically a marriage proposal and shows how obsessed she is. "Stupid b-*beeeeeeeep*")

But Sakura never uses -kun for anyone except Sasuke. Oh well

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 January 2019 - 07:20 PM.

#50110 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:29 PM

But Sakura never uses kun for anyone except Sasuke. Oh well

34t2xd2.jpg

Edit:

By the way, was it here or somewhere else? Ah well.

One of the arguments I hate that proenders use is the whole
"Naruto always loved Hinata. He just never knew it yet."

What kind of BS is that? If that were true then everyone in the world would say that to a crush that never returns their feelings. Hell, it is downright creepy.

Person A: "I am in love with you."
Person B: "Sorry, but I just don't see you that way"
Person A: "That's okay. You just don't know how much you love me yet. I'll wait."
Person B: "What the kitten?"

I would love for NS to be canon in Boruto later down the road and when the NH wankers say "WTF?" I will reply "Sakura always loved Naruto. She just never knew it yet."

Please make NS canon in Boruto. Please god, make it happen. Just so I can see people lose their mind. It won't get me to buy the series, but I just want to see people lose their minds.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 23 January 2019 - 07:20 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50111 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:20 PM

And then Bolt and Salad will be step brother and sister and then Bolt will marry Hinata 2.0. Their world will crumble around them  :th_yeah:  :kukuku:

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 January 2019 - 10:21 PM.

#50112 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:40 PM

And then Bolt and Salad will be step brother and sister and then Bolt will marry Hinata 2.0. Their world will crumble around them  :th_yeah:  :kukuku:

Despite the damage having already been done, if Hinata/Sasuke were to die and Naruto/Sakura were to marry, I'd watch that.

#50113 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:02 AM

Boruto is not a logical or natural continuation of the series or the characters. It's a vehicle for NH/SS (mostly NH.)

It would be like if Rowling wrote a Harry Potter sequel that is ostensibly an adventure with one of his kids as they are raised by Harry and Ginny and then Harry gets married to Hermione in it. Actually even more unlikely than that because in this case the ship is being steered by people who had a personal stake in NH happening and who are obviously extremely stubborn due to the fact that it did happen. So they would never do it. Or anything worthwhile, for that matter.

Edited by DrK, 24 January 2019 - 01:04 AM.

#50114 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:56 AM

Boruto is not a logical or natural continuation of the series or the characters. It's a vehicle for NH/SS (mostly NH.)

It would be like if Rowling wrote a Harry Potter sequel that is ostensibly an adventure with one of his kids as they are raised by Harry and Ginny and then Harry gets married to Hermione in it. Actually even more unlikely than that because in this case the ship is being steered by people who had a personal stake in NH happening and who are obviously extremely stubborn due to the fact that it did happen. So they would never do it. Or anything worthwhile, for that matter.

I'd be okay with that because Harry and Hermione were supposed to end up together and they had the best development and chemistry of any couple in that series.

Edit: And this isn't just me "shipping". Harry Potter is similar to Naruto in the aspect that it built up a certain couple (Harry/Hermione & NaruSaku) and then completely disregarded them in the ending. 

Edited by jak123, 24 January 2019 - 02:56 PM.

#50115 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:32 AM

Despite the damage having already been done, if Hinata/Sasuke were to die and Naruto/Sakura were to marry, I'd watch that.

Hinata dies via tripping and smashing her face against more rocks.

Sasuke just gets ingloriously vaporized by some big pseudo-DBZ blast.

2e5.gif

#50116 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:25 PM

Stranger things have happened.

All it takes is one change of hands and the entire thing goes to ruin. Kishimoto has already proved the concept ten fold.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50117 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:26 PM

I'd be okay with that because Harry and Hermione were supposed to end up together and they had the best development and chemistry of any couple in that series.

Edit: And this isn't just me "shipping". Harry Potter is similar to Naruto in the aspect that it built up a certain couple (Harry/Hermione & NaruSaku) and then completely disregarded them in the ending.

Given that Rowling herself acknowledged that they were a more compatible pair in interviews when compared to the endgame couples, you aren't wrong.

Edited by Kagomaru, 24 January 2019 - 08:28 PM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#50118 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:10 PM

Given that Rowling herself acknowledged that they were a more compatible pair in interviews when compared to the endgame couples, you aren't wrong.

Oh, I remember reading one where Harry and Hermione were supposed to get together in her true ending, but she got lazy and didn't do it. Even in the movies, Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson had better chemistry then she ever did with Rupert Grint.

#50119 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:36 AM

AND YET that did not DESTROY the story telling and established Canon of Harry Potter. It's not like Rowling would even in her dreams remake the series with a retcon like make a time turner and use it to reset the series and have Harry marry Hermione instead. :zaru: Unlike another story

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 January 2019 - 12:37 AM.

#50120 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:22 AM

AND YET that did not DESTROY the story telling and established Canon of Harry Potter. It's not like Rowling would even in her dreams remake the series with a retcon like make a time turner and use it to reset the series and have Harry marry Hermione instead. :zaru: Unlike another story

Goodness, the idea is giving me Cursed Child crap. :sick:

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)