#461 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ May 30 2011, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, this might be just be making a big leap in logic, but a thought occured to me regarding a certain other Sasuke pairing. Sakura claimed to no longer care about Sasuke, while it seemed to me from the last chapter that her feelings are still there, at least in some form. Well, as I recall, Karin also claimed to be over Sasuke. Maybe SasuKarin's not such a dead pairing after all.
I thought I'd bring this up, since I've heard SS fans claim that Sakura's claim to be over Sasuke was false, while Karin's was clearly true. I don't necessarily ship SasuKarin, or any Sasuke pairing for that matter, but it seems like a note-worthy mention that, if attempting to murder Sakura didn't close the book on SasuSaku, then maybe the same goes for SasuKarin.

Just a thought.

It's sad when their own logic can completely flaw itself like that.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#462 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:25 AM

*peeks in*
Is this thing still going? wacko.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#463 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ May 30 2011, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*peeks in*
Is this thing still going? wacko.gif

*also peeks in*

My god. It is. fu.png This calls for a sexy party! narusaku.gif
OTP and my Bby

#464 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (KnS @ May 30 2011, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hesitate to post this because so much of it is redundant after 20-some pages of great posts, but for my own sake I'd like to put my thoughts in writing. Apologies in advance, long post is long.

Yesterday I ran across a comment in another forum stating unequivocally that since Hinata's introduction in the manga it has been "clear" that Kishi's intended pairings are Naruto/Hinata and Sasuke/Sakura. It boggled my mind how a seemingly rational person could make such a definitive statement. However, in an attempt to be objective I took some time to think about it.

Is it possible Kishi intends Naruto/Hinata and Sasuke/Sakura as the final pairings? Yes, at the moment it's still possible. Until the final panel of the story is published, anything could happen. Technically. But in order for those pairings to make any sense from a story construction perspective, in my opinion Kishi would have to do a lot of work yet to make it even remotely believable.

There are just some things I can't ignore:

1. Sakura is a sensitive girl who has literally been in the middle, influenced by the personalities, emotions, and goals of both boys from the very beginning. It should be no surprise that she loves them both, and could be very confused by what those loves mean.

2. Kishi has painstakingly revealed Sakura's heart throughout the story, contrasting the form of her feelings for Sasuke with the substance of her feelings for Naruto. It's a very important distinction, and one that takes time for a young girl to resolve.

3. Sakura may feel love for both boys, but only her love for Naruto is real, based on an actual dynamic relationship, and reciprocated. She is not stupid. She knows the difference, and she chose to confess her love for Naruto in front of a serious gallery of witnesses, willing to commit herself to him if he accepted. That shouldn't be forgotten just because she has lingering confusion about Sasuke.

4. Sakura's dedication to Sasuke is a reflection of Naruto's own unwillingness to give up on him. The problem is, she has believed the source of her dedication to be romantic love, when in fact it began as a self-esteem issue that morphed into a teammate bond and a sense of friendship. She and Naruto are more on the same page regarding Sasuke than either one realizes, and neither has figured out how much their respective feelings for Sasuke have influenced the other. Which leads me to...

5. A key element of Naruto and Sakura's early bond was their affection for Sasuke. They have, separately and together, repeatedly vowed (in various forms) to return/save/restore him -- each making the vow with the other's feelings at heart. All without success. Since this shared motivation remains unresolved, maybe the point is that only through unification -- of heart, soul, and mind -- will Naruto and Sakura find the answer to reaching Sasuke...?

6. Naruto cares for Hinata as a person, as a ninja, as a Konoha villager, but there has not been one single hint that he feels romantic love for her. If he suddenly did, it would be a departure from Naruto's established personality -- not to mention a reversal of 540 chapters of carefully constructed plot. Naruto's heart could be changed in Hinata's favor, but I don't think Kishi has enough story left to manage it without betraying Naruto's character and sacrificing his credibility as a storyteller. Likewise, I don't see Sasuke becoming a hero of equal or greater value than Naruto -- redeemed such that he could realistically end up with Sakura. I have to believe that if Kishi had something like that planned, he wouldn't have called the story Naruto.

7. Kushina's request that Naruto find a girl like her, and the obvious parallels between Kushina and Sakura. What possible point could Kishi have had to include that if he didn't intend Naruto/Sakura?

8. Naruto loves Sakura, so much that it's at the expense of his own happiness. Unless I'm forgetting something, this fact is currently beyond debate.

9. Despite loving her, Naruto has inadvertently contributed to Sakura's romantic confusion by his own actions during the bench scene back in Chapter 3, and because he has not openly declared the sincerity and depth of his feelings for her since.

This is interesting if you think about it in the bigger picture. Declarations are a hallmark of Naruto's personality; he declares himself constantly, even when it's a smokescreen for his lack of confidence. Initial claims of super skill, his intention to become Hokage, his rivalry with Sasuke, his "never give up" nindo, his determination to bring Sasuke back, his dedication to peace and Jiraiya's quest, you name it. He can hardly open his mouth without making a declaration.

And yet when Sai asked Naruto if he'd ever declared himself to Sakura, Naruto said he couldn't because he hadn't kept his promise to her. Hmm...and now that promise has supposedly been voided. Did Naruto really accept that, or is he still on a collision course -- his nindo vs. his feelings for Sakura?

Sakura declared her love for Sasuke, Hinata declared her love for Naruto, Sakura then declared her love for Naruto, and Sasuke declared his love for revenge and murder. But so far Naruto -- the crown prince of declarations -- has not declared his love for Sakura. Kishi has to be holding this back for just the right moment. Naruto is a profoundly loving young man, earnest, sincere, and utterly persuasive. If/when he finally does make a real do-or-die play for Sakura, it'll be worth the wait.

10. So far, at least, Naruto's instincts have always been right. His unshakeable, selfless, and patient love for Sakura speaks volumes. As long as Naruto believes in her, we should believe in her, and rest in idea that Naruto will find a way to make everything work out.

KnS, you rule! I agree with everything and you put it way better than I even could!

Edited by Kim, 31 May 2011 - 07:47 AM.

#465 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:35 PM

Lol, I scare the hell out of people who bash Sakura. Like legit I'll be on YouTube killing these people. This guy was like "F*** NaruSaku" an I totally flipped kitten. Never saw him again :3

#466 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ May 31 2011, 05:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, I scare the hell out of people who bash Sakura. Like legit I'll be on YouTube killing these people. This guy was like "F*** NaruSaku" an I totally flipped kitten. Never saw him again :3

Shippu-chan don't waste your time on YT with all those haters they don't have anything better to do let them bash Sakura it won't do any good it wont make a difference. Like Kishi will listen to them and he will make their pairings canon. rolleyes.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#467 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ May 31 2011, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shippu-chan don't waste your time on YT with all those haters they don't have anything better to do let them bash Sakura it won't do any good it wont make a difference. Like Kishi will listen to them and he will make their pairings canon. rolleyes.gif

Indeed, but it's fun to scare them away. mwahaha.gif

#468 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (Blazing CobaltX @ May 31 2011, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha if bashers can do what they want, then anti-bashers can also do what they want. I support you ShippudenGirl!

Edited by Darth Krypt, 31 May 2011 - 01:58 PM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#469 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

Yay! Lol heheelq7.png Don't worry too much, I try not to use foul language unless they start getting personal (which is pretty freaking common)

#470 narutouzumaki50

narutouzumaki50

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Blazing CobaltX @ May 31 2011, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude ur so right tongue.gif
Especially that vj whatever! Cant stand him dry.gif
It burns to be me!!

#471 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (Blazing CobaltX @ May 31 2011, 05:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh brother. rolleyes.gif

But to me its fun to read how crazy, ilogical and silly their comments are I just have a good laugh every now and then. happy.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#472 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:33 PM

^ Don't get me started on 'Him'. Of all of them, 'He' is by far the worst of the bunch.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#473 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

Basher Hunting: Sakura Edition. Get yer copy whenever the heck you feel like it! fu.png

Playable Characters include:

Inner Sakura sakura.gif

Sakura sakura.gif

PO'd Sakura sakura.gif

NaruSaku Sakura sakura.gif

Thank you for purchasing your copy of Basher Hunting: Sakura Edition!

Warning: Upon playing, players may be subject to anti-basher sentiments, and may retaliate with a 'SHANNARO' punch, or a 'NAAARRRUUUUUTOOOOOO' death punch. Stay at least thirty feet away from an anti-basher that has played this game, as the ground will likely quake beneath your feet.
OTP and my Bby

#474 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (Chew @ May 31 2011, 07:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Basher Hunting: Sakura Edition. Get yer copy whenever the heck you feel like it! fu.png

Playable Characters include:

Inner Sakura sakura.gif

Sakura sakura.gif

PO'd Sakura sakura.gif

NaruSaku Sakura sakura.gif

Thank you for purchasing your copy of Basher Hunting: Sakura Edition!

Warning: Upon playing, players may be subject to anti-basher sentiments, and may retaliate with a 'SHANNARO' punch, or a 'NAAARRRUUUUUTOOOOOO' death punch. Stay at least thirty feet away from an anti-basher that has played this game, as the ground will likely quake beneath your feet.

111189.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#475 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Quinny52 @ May 31 2011, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ Don't get me started on 'Him'. Of all of them, 'He' is by far the worst of the bunch.

Hmm, now you've made me curious. Sorry unsure.gif. Who is "He", precisely?

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#476 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ May 31 2011, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, now you've made me curious. Sorry unsure.gif. Who is "He", precisely?

I think I have a pretty good idea who's he talking about if we're talking about the pairing wars at YT. wink.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#477 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ May 31 2011, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I have a pretty good idea who's he talking about if we're talking about the pairing wars at YT. wink.gif

Eukay, then who do you think it is? Gah the suspense is killing me! arg.gif

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#478 narutouzumaki50

narutouzumaki50

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ May 31 2011, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eukay, then who do you think it is? Gah the suspense is killing me! arg.gif

He's known as VJ87G!
He's VJ87G!

It burns to be me!!

#479 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (narutouzumaki50 @ May 31 2011, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's known as VJ87G!
He's VJ87G!

OHWAITIMBEFRIENDEDWITHTHATGUYONYOUTUBEBECAUSEHELIKEDMYOPINIONONANARUSAKUBASHEROH
MYGOOOOOD! arg.gif arg.gif arg.gif

Edited by Blazing CobaltX, 31 May 2011 - 07:03 PM.

#480 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (narutouzumaki50 @ May 31 2011, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's known as VJ87G!
He's VJ87G!

Ah, even I've heard of him. A NaruHina fan, huh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users